Customer Reviews on Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Gear

3.7/5
  • 36% users recommended this bike for Leisure Rides
Max Dominguez 8 Sep 2022

Excellent motor/

The build quality varies from the excellent motor/gear box to so-so chrome quality, Especially on the headlight nacelle.The performance improves as more miles are added and it has been 100% reliable.My mark 2 model is especially appealing as a retro style 650, With all the right cues…chrome tank, Twin upswept exhaust and little touches like the brake pedal that looks just like a right side gear shifter from the original royal enfields.Entirely modern with efi, Abs, Oil cooler, Front and rear drilled discs, Ss braided hydraulic lines, Easy cartridge oil filter, Center stand and good overall quality fit and finish.A great value in a world of over priced, Over equipped motorcycles.Really, Why jack up the price with super expensive brembo brakes on a bike that makes under 50 hp? the bybres are more than adequate…thank you royal enfield for bringing back good motorcycles at affordable prices!.

Vijaykumar T.. 4.6 28 Jan 2021

100km speed

Excellent performance and very smooth on riding when 100km speed and also gear shifting is very good.

GOPIKRISHNAN B 4.6 20 Jul 2020

Good update

I'm very happy about RE INT 650. This is my second bike. First I had a 2003 model Bajaj Caliber 115. So it was a good update for me personally. When heard about this bike I was not at all impressed and never had the plans for a RE. Because I was very disappointed about the bikes of RE without any update & also by other owners who disgustingly modifying the bike (just the new colour schemes only). Two engines and 6 models & one new engine for Himalayan. I like Himalayan but I didn't had plans to own that also. So I only loved to own a Triumph because of the brand's fit & finish and I've met so many owners & not even a single owner spoke an issue about the bike. I love classic bikes which won't show too vintage specs & want some electricals. But I was not able to afford a Triumph at that time and I usually saw 650 Twins in internet. So I just checked the specs and capabilities of this bike and I contacted RE for a test drive. First time I just rode this bike it was Mind-blowing. Why I enquired about this bike is, it almost look like a Triumph Street Twin. I'm a great fan of Street Twin. But 650 Twins lacks most electricals. It have a dual channel ABS as standard and that's it. The power delivery is very linear because it doesn't scare the rider. It can climb upto 120 easily without any hesitation. After that me personally can push upto 140KMPH after that I'm not able to push, because I don't get that much confidence for that. But it has very less vibrations compared to other REs. Whoever rode my bike in my friend circle said that whether this is a RE or what?!!. They were just impressed with the Twins. The stock exhaust is just lovely. I own a Ravishing Red colour. That's a cool colour. The touring capability is just awesome. I didn't felt any issues of backpain or burning ass. But I feel some wrist pain even after a short ride in city traffic. Don't know whether it's my riding problem or what. Because only my left wrist will get hurt after a ride. I'm working on that. No heating issues in city traffic. It's a 650CC engine and it heats as usual. But it won't affect our riding. My pillion is very comfortable in the Twins in the city traffic and I never toured with a pillion. I don't have much knowledge in Luggage carrying capacity, because I will tie a travel bag on my rear seat when traveling alone & I'm okay with that. Things I don't like in the Twins are I'm disappointed with the tube inside the tubeless tires. Triumph also have spoke wheels for their T100& T120 and runs tubeless. RE can do that in Twins but they won't. I won't ask for an alloy because spoke looks really perfect for the bike and it should run tubeless. I didn't go for any aftermarket accessories for my bike it's been a year I'm with my bike and rode around 9k KMS and waiting for the service centre to open (due to lockdown) for my 2nd service. Rust came at the connection of bend pipe to engine (both sides) and some rust like defects inside the left exhaust baffle. The fuel gauge is not accurate, you have to get used with the fuel meter because I think it may show the reading correctly after riding for almost 10-15 mins and that's not good for a bike pricing like this. The instrument cluster is very basic. RE could add a clock and gear shift indicator also, because RE Himalayan even have a compass so why don't 650 Twins have?? The front and back fendors looks metallic but it's of plastic. The bike wobble horribly at the speed between 80-90KMPH above & below this range it works just fine. Don't know why this happens because I took it to RE's ASC and they fixed it for me at first, but after 6k kms it again wobbles. You will feel the wobbling only when you release hands from the handle, but don't release handle bar fully. Just release a little and you can feel it & if you keep it steady it will go steady. These are the things I want to share about the bike. I hope I covered everything about the bike and it helps others planning for the bike. Even though I really really LOVE My INT 650 TWINS but have some suggestions to RE to make it bit more good. The issues I raised above can be fixed by the service centre itself and it doesn't bothers you much. I'm not a fan of Royal Enfield, but I'm with the 650 TWINS😍.

Image
Do you own a Car or a Bike?
  • Interact with community
  • Become a Top Contributor
Misal Anand 3.8 9 Jul 2020

Long rides

Positives: The bike has a good retro look. The headlamps have sufficient throw when dark. The engine is eager to move and is versatile - you can ride it both in a relaxed manner as well as in a sporty manner. The ride height is comfortable and getting on and off the bike is easy. The service interval is 1 year and charges are reasonable. Fit and Finish is good. Minor Negatives: The instrument cluster is very basic - it should have had a clock and gear position indicator. The bike is heavy to move around in a parking spot. The footpegs come in way while manoeuvring the bike at low speeds or in slow moving traffic. The bike is wide with exhaust on both sides and care needs to be taken in traffic. Seat is good for short rides - not so good for long rides.Overall, it is a very balanced and well made bike. One will enjoy the ownership experience. Royal Enfield can make this bike better by bringing small upgrades such as a clock, gear shift indicator and better seats

Deepam Morparia 4.2 2 Mar 2020

Instrument panel

Twin cylinder 650 cc bike at 3 L on road is fabulous. Very well designed bike. Yes , has few niggles like Fuel guage not reliable , doesn't have gear indicator on instrument panel etc. But for the price nothing comes close to this bike.

Ashok Singh 4.6 10 Jun 2019

Improve position

Powerful smooth fast. Needs to improve position of footrest gear shift lever and handle. Head light very poor. Tyres are impressive.

Tejpal Firoda 4.2 12 Mar 2019

Bike is performing good overall,

Bike is performing good overall, not comfy for long tour as seat is narrower. Power is awesome, little noise on shifting first gear first time start.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650