Customer Reviews on Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Service

3.7/5
  • 33% users recommended this bike for Daily Commute
Joy Roy 22 Aug 2022

Good running condition, with

Good running condition, With servicing done to re workshops.Additionally added backrest (original available) and seat cover.

Aashish Sonu 19 Jun 2022

Excellent bike

Excellent bike.I never thought royal enfield will make such powerful bike absolutely game changer for royal enfield.It is the best bike i have driven till date best in every aspects like performance, Braking, Comfort; you can actually drive for long distance with in one stretch, Seat is very comfortable for rider as well as pillion.Best things about bike is engine itself "mind blowing performance" and also slipper clutch is pro for the bike.Worst thing is bike wobble sometimes while driving, Fuel meter will not show the right indication, Main drawback is no tubeless tyre.Over all performance is mind blowing ones you cross the 3k rpm you'll get crazy.Mid range and high end performance is great.I got a mileage about 30-32 km which is high way mileage and 22-27 km in city which is great.Pickup is like you are launching a rocket, Build quality is awesome, Zero vibrations, Features is like basic you will get a trip-a&b and odo, Rpm meter and speedometer along with indications like abs, Fuel pump, Battery, Engine oil which is more than enough for the bike.After sale service is good.The service guy actually listen to the problem i faced and fixed the problem which is great.

Jitender Tandon 5.0 Owned 19 Nov 2021

Excellent pickup

Excellet mileage, 21-22 kms in city, Comfortable to use, Reasonably okay on pocket as servicing is cheap, Every sercise costs around 4000.Excellent pickup.

Image
Do you own a Car or a Bike?
  • Interact with community
  • Become a Top Contributor
Pushpal Bose 3.4 Owned 8 Nov 2021

Handling bit

Interceptor 650 is undoubetedly the best value for money 650cc twin cylinder motorcycle currently available in the market.However there are several scopes of improvement especially when it comes to the handling bit.Being a ex dominar rider i feel that the motorcycle could have been a bit more composed at high speeds and re must look into their after sales service as well as the front wobbling issue of the bike.

Gasngear 4.6 7 Feb 2021

Till 170+kmph

The interceptor 650 is what you need for a daily commute or be it a 1000+kms touring with your biker group.It has enough mid range punch to take you all the way till 170+kmph.Not a single drop of oil leak or vibes at idle speeds.And no need for downshifts the power delivery is spread right across the rev range across the 6speed gearbox with a light slipper clutch.If you are a cruiser between 80-120 it gives you back a decent gas mileage of 28-29kmpl of you are a revholic then it bottoms to as low as 20kmpl.It's the best package with a ton of fun without a doubt.I have clocked about 14000kms with basic services at 1000 and 10000kms no major cost to date.Build quality is excellent like a tank, It takes all the bad roads, Potholes decent suspension but not a track like handler although you can mod the suspension settings for hard rebound damping for better handling.Og seats are hard so i got it changed to a gel seat with hd foam which is a plush comfortable tourer seat.It's the best twin engined 650 cc in 270 degree crank that makes a sweet exhaust note that's symphony to the ears.Silken smooth engine and reliable gearshifts.I can't help contain my words for the interceptor this is the best bike to come in the last 30yrs in india.Cheers.Gasngear.

Aman Kr 2.6 30 Jan 2021

Battery issue

I bought this bike 2 months back.Since then i am fixing one thing or the other.It has stayed dead or in service center for half of the time.I should have bought a honda.If you want a reliable bike royal enfield is the last brand you should look at.Battery issue (charged it twice then bought a new exide battery from company then that also died), Twichy throttle response, Clicking noise from rear shocker, Problem with instrument cluster, Turning off on high rpm.But i am happy to say this bike is the only problem in my life.

Tanmay Waghmare 4.6 6 Aug 2020

Ride everyday

Using it for past 1.5 years. Its a great bike to ride everyday! This is one of the best RE ever. Whoever wants to go for Twin engine and bigger capacity bike, This is the bike you should start with to build your dream garage! :) Till now no problem except speedo cable. This is very cost effective in terms of servicing and maintenance.

Uppiliappan .. 4.2 23 Jul 2020

Manually check

Braking. Driving position is good. Standard seat is hard for long drives.Pillion seating is not comfortable because of elevated foot pegs. Heating is little bit in high city driving conditions. Suspension is bouncy making thud noise in little bad & Very bad roads . Suspension is Very Good in highways. Interceptor is definitely not a zero vibration bike. It is creating vibration in foot peg areas , Side of the fuel tank & Minor development started in handle bar area. Fuel gauge is improper/inaccurate it shows error reading we have to manually check by opening the tank. Engine RPM some times improper in idling glides up & Down.Heating in engine is tolerable it bakes our leg. in highways also. Latest happenings in my INT 650 i had problem in T-Stem i took it to the service center they replaced with , New T-Stem , Front Struts , Front Rim , Abnormal Engine noise was prevailing in my INT 650 All 8 Engine values changed on warranty . Still excessive engine noise is in my bike & bonus whistle sound intolerable. I have again informed the RE service. They assured to sort it out. The INT 650 is still a beta product . We should go to mediation course to control our patience. But riding pleasure is good. Today On 25.09.2019 my bike crossed 7000 km. The engine noise is abnormal still waiting for RE to sort our. My rear ABS is not functioning properly 60 % ineffective. Serviced the rear brake twice . Still problem. The surprise is RE is hesitating a lot change parts in warranty. It drags the issue for weeks .Pushes the customer frequent visits to workshop. RE has to sort out , Value noise & Clattering noise in INT 650. The front suspension & T-Steam is not strong enough .I have crossed 10,000 km now the engine noise is under control , in 10,000 km service . Rear brake is adjusted & Pads changed still ok only. RE is ready to change the caliper assembly if defective. Now a days RE is providing a very good service support. Now my bike has crossed 15500 km. I have now purchased extended warranty for 5th & 6th.

GOPIKRISHNAN B 4.6 20 Jul 2020

Good update

I'm very happy about RE INT 650. This is my second bike. First I had a 2003 model Bajaj Caliber 115. So it was a good update for me personally. When heard about this bike I was not at all impressed and never had the plans for a RE. Because I was very disappointed about the bikes of RE without any update & also by other owners who disgustingly modifying the bike (just the new colour schemes only). Two engines and 6 models & one new engine for Himalayan. I like Himalayan but I didn't had plans to own that also. So I only loved to own a Triumph because of the brand's fit & finish and I've met so many owners & not even a single owner spoke an issue about the bike. I love classic bikes which won't show too vintage specs & want some electricals. But I was not able to afford a Triumph at that time and I usually saw 650 Twins in internet. So I just checked the specs and capabilities of this bike and I contacted RE for a test drive. First time I just rode this bike it was Mind-blowing. Why I enquired about this bike is, it almost look like a Triumph Street Twin. I'm a great fan of Street Twin. But 650 Twins lacks most electricals. It have a dual channel ABS as standard and that's it. The power delivery is very linear because it doesn't scare the rider. It can climb upto 120 easily without any hesitation. After that me personally can push upto 140KMPH after that I'm not able to push, because I don't get that much confidence for that. But it has very less vibrations compared to other REs. Whoever rode my bike in my friend circle said that whether this is a RE or what?!!. They were just impressed with the Twins. The stock exhaust is just lovely. I own a Ravishing Red colour. That's a cool colour. The touring capability is just awesome. I didn't felt any issues of backpain or burning ass. But I feel some wrist pain even after a short ride in city traffic. Don't know whether it's my riding problem or what. Because only my left wrist will get hurt after a ride. I'm working on that. No heating issues in city traffic. It's a 650CC engine and it heats as usual. But it won't affect our riding. My pillion is very comfortable in the Twins in the city traffic and I never toured with a pillion. I don't have much knowledge in Luggage carrying capacity, because I will tie a travel bag on my rear seat when traveling alone & I'm okay with that. Things I don't like in the Twins are I'm disappointed with the tube inside the tubeless tires. Triumph also have spoke wheels for their T100& T120 and runs tubeless. RE can do that in Twins but they won't. I won't ask for an alloy because spoke looks really perfect for the bike and it should run tubeless. I didn't go for any aftermarket accessories for my bike it's been a year I'm with my bike and rode around 9k KMS and waiting for the service centre to open (due to lockdown) for my 2nd service. Rust came at the connection of bend pipe to engine (both sides) and some rust like defects inside the left exhaust baffle. The fuel gauge is not accurate, you have to get used with the fuel meter because I think it may show the reading correctly after riding for almost 10-15 mins and that's not good for a bike pricing like this. The instrument cluster is very basic. RE could add a clock and gear shift indicator also, because RE Himalayan even have a compass so why don't 650 Twins have?? The front and back fendors looks metallic but it's of plastic. The bike wobble horribly at the speed between 80-90KMPH above & below this range it works just fine. Don't know why this happens because I took it to RE's ASC and they fixed it for me at first, but after 6k kms it again wobbles. You will feel the wobbling only when you release hands from the handle, but don't release handle bar fully. Just release a little and you can feel it & if you keep it steady it will go steady. These are the things I want to share about the bike. I hope I covered everything about the bike and it helps others planning for the bike. Even though I really really LOVE My INT 650 TWINS but have some suggestions to RE to make it bit more good. The issues I raised above can be fixed by the service centre itself and it doesn't bothers you much. I'm not a fan of Royal Enfield, but I'm with the 650 TWINS😍.

Misal Anand 3.8 9 Jul 2020

Long rides

Positives: The bike has a good retro look. The headlamps have sufficient throw when dark. The engine is eager to move and is versatile - you can ride it both in a relaxed manner as well as in a sporty manner. The ride height is comfortable and getting on and off the bike is easy. The service interval is 1 year and charges are reasonable. Fit and Finish is good. Minor Negatives: The instrument cluster is very basic - it should have had a clock and gear position indicator. The bike is heavy to move around in a parking spot. The footpegs come in way while manoeuvring the bike at low speeds or in slow moving traffic. The bike is wide with exhaust on both sides and care needs to be taken in traffic. Seat is good for short rides - not so good for long rides.Overall, it is a very balanced and well made bike. One will enjoy the ownership experience. Royal Enfield can make this bike better by bringing small upgrades such as a clock, gear shift indicator and better seats

View More Customer Reviews