Customer Reviews on Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Rear

3.7/5
  • 47% users recommended this bike for Daily Commute
Max Dominguez 9 Aug 2022

Excellent motor/

The build quality varies from the excellent motor/gear box to so-so chrome quality, Especially on the headlight nacelle.The performance improves as more miles are added and it has been 100% reliable.My mark 2 model is especially appealing as a retro style 650, With all the right cues…chrome tank, Twin upswept exhaust and little touches like the brake pedal that looks just like a right side gear shifter from the original royal enfields.Entirely modern with efi, Abs, Oil cooler, Front and rear drilled discs, Ss braided hydraulic lines, Easy cartridge oil filter, Center stand and good overall quality fit and finish.A great value in a world of over priced, Over equipped motorcycles.Really, Why jack up the price with super expensive brembo brakes on a bike that makes under 50 hp? the bybres are more than adequate…thank you royal enfield for bringing back good motorcycles at affordable prices!.

Aman Kr 2.6 30 Jan 2021

Battery issue

I bought this bike 2 months back.Since then i am fixing one thing or the other.It has stayed dead or in service center for half of the time.I should have bought a honda.If you want a reliable bike royal enfield is the last brand you should look at.Battery issue (charged it twice then bought a new exide battery from company then that also died), Twichy throttle response, Clicking noise from rear shocker, Problem with instrument cluster, Turning off on high rpm.But i am happy to say this bike is the only problem in my life.

Viral Gandhi 4.2 26 Nov 2020

High speed

Bike wobbles in the rear at high speed

Image
Do you own a Car or a Bike?
  • Interact with community
  • Become a Top Contributor
A Random 4.6 18 Sep 2020

120kmph easily

Everything about this bike is good. I can cruise this bike at 120KMpH easily in good road.. The Only Issue I have is Rear Shocker. Trust me It's bad. Not Ok at all. If bad road, the back is going to hurt after some time.

Uppiliappan .. 4.2 23 Jul 2020

Manually check

Braking. Driving position is good. Standard seat is hard for long drives.Pillion seating is not comfortable because of elevated foot pegs. Heating is little bit in high city driving conditions. Suspension is bouncy making thud noise in little bad & Very bad roads . Suspension is Very Good in highways. Interceptor is definitely not a zero vibration bike. It is creating vibration in foot peg areas , Side of the fuel tank & Minor development started in handle bar area. Fuel gauge is improper/inaccurate it shows error reading we have to manually check by opening the tank. Engine RPM some times improper in idling glides up & Down.Heating in engine is tolerable it bakes our leg. in highways also. Latest happenings in my INT 650 i had problem in T-Stem i took it to the service center they replaced with , New T-Stem , Front Struts , Front Rim , Abnormal Engine noise was prevailing in my INT 650 All 8 Engine values changed on warranty . Still excessive engine noise is in my bike & bonus whistle sound intolerable. I have again informed the RE service. They assured to sort it out. The INT 650 is still a beta product . We should go to mediation course to control our patience. But riding pleasure is good. Today On 25.09.2019 my bike crossed 7000 km. The engine noise is abnormal still waiting for RE to sort our. My rear ABS is not functioning properly 60 % ineffective. Serviced the rear brake twice . Still problem. The surprise is RE is hesitating a lot change parts in warranty. It drags the issue for weeks .Pushes the customer frequent visits to workshop. RE has to sort out , Value noise & Clattering noise in INT 650. The front suspension & T-Steam is not strong enough .I have crossed 10,000 km now the engine noise is under control , in 10,000 km service . Rear brake is adjusted & Pads changed still ok only. RE is ready to change the caliper assembly if defective. Now a days RE is providing a very good service support. Now my bike has crossed 15500 km. I have now purchased extended warranty for 5th & 6th.

GOPIKRISHNAN B 4.6 20 Jul 2020

Good update

I'm very happy about RE INT 650. This is my second bike. First I had a 2003 model Bajaj Caliber 115. So it was a good update for me personally. When heard about this bike I was not at all impressed and never had the plans for a RE. Because I was very disappointed about the bikes of RE without any update & also by other owners who disgustingly modifying the bike (just the new colour schemes only). Two engines and 6 models & one new engine for Himalayan. I like Himalayan but I didn't had plans to own that also. So I only loved to own a Triumph because of the brand's fit & finish and I've met so many owners & not even a single owner spoke an issue about the bike. I love classic bikes which won't show too vintage specs & want some electricals. But I was not able to afford a Triumph at that time and I usually saw 650 Twins in internet. So I just checked the specs and capabilities of this bike and I contacted RE for a test drive. First time I just rode this bike it was Mind-blowing. Why I enquired about this bike is, it almost look like a Triumph Street Twin. I'm a great fan of Street Twin. But 650 Twins lacks most electricals. It have a dual channel ABS as standard and that's it. The power delivery is very linear because it doesn't scare the rider. It can climb upto 120 easily without any hesitation. After that me personally can push upto 140KMPH after that I'm not able to push, because I don't get that much confidence for that. But it has very less vibrations compared to other REs. Whoever rode my bike in my friend circle said that whether this is a RE or what?!!. They were just impressed with the Twins. The stock exhaust is just lovely. I own a Ravishing Red colour. That's a cool colour. The touring capability is just awesome. I didn't felt any issues of backpain or burning ass. But I feel some wrist pain even after a short ride in city traffic. Don't know whether it's my riding problem or what. Because only my left wrist will get hurt after a ride. I'm working on that. No heating issues in city traffic. It's a 650CC engine and it heats as usual. But it won't affect our riding. My pillion is very comfortable in the Twins in the city traffic and I never toured with a pillion. I don't have much knowledge in Luggage carrying capacity, because I will tie a travel bag on my rear seat when traveling alone & I'm okay with that. Things I don't like in the Twins are I'm disappointed with the tube inside the tubeless tires. Triumph also have spoke wheels for their T100& T120 and runs tubeless. RE can do that in Twins but they won't. I won't ask for an alloy because spoke looks really perfect for the bike and it should run tubeless. I didn't go for any aftermarket accessories for my bike it's been a year I'm with my bike and rode around 9k KMS and waiting for the service centre to open (due to lockdown) for my 2nd service. Rust came at the connection of bend pipe to engine (both sides) and some rust like defects inside the left exhaust baffle. The fuel gauge is not accurate, you have to get used with the fuel meter because I think it may show the reading correctly after riding for almost 10-15 mins and that's not good for a bike pricing like this. The instrument cluster is very basic. RE could add a clock and gear shift indicator also, because RE Himalayan even have a compass so why don't 650 Twins have?? The front and back fendors looks metallic but it's of plastic. The bike wobble horribly at the speed between 80-90KMPH above & below this range it works just fine. Don't know why this happens because I took it to RE's ASC and they fixed it for me at first, but after 6k kms it again wobbles. You will feel the wobbling only when you release hands from the handle, but don't release handle bar fully. Just release a little and you can feel it & if you keep it steady it will go steady. These are the things I want to share about the bike. I hope I covered everything about the bike and it helps others planning for the bike. Even though I really really LOVE My INT 650 TWINS but have some suggestions to RE to make it bit more good. The issues I raised above can be fixed by the service centre itself and it doesn't bothers you much. I'm not a fan of Royal Enfield, but I'm with the 650 TWINS😍.

Vinkesh Thareja 4.6 3 Jun 2020

Brilliant bike

A brilliant bike, except rear shockers which initially had some issues. Rest all is fine with the bike.

Vishvanath G.. 4.2 6 Sep 2019

Rounder bike

Riding my classic 350 was a great experience. I used to cruise on it and most of the times the torque, the seat the engine were all adequate. Then came the interceptor and it just took one test ride to realise what I was missing. On 27 Nov 2018 my satisfied life just turned upside down and got intercepted by the interceptor. I booked it then and there as I had no other way of achieving nirvana again. I booked the ravishing red colour but changed it to Orange crush as that was being delivered faster. I was told a waiting period of 120 days (and nights). Time was passing by I was riding my classic 350 as usual and having a jolly good time dreaming about my very own interceptor. You tube kept me sane as there were plethora of interceptor videos available to keep me occupied. On republic day I was going about my business as usual and I got a call from cruiser motors Dwarka that my interceptor is on its way and should reach by 27th Jan. I was pleasantly surprised and we decided that at 1400 hrs on 27 Jan,19 I will upgrade to interceptor. The PDI went well. After doing all the formalities I finally got the key at 1600 hrs. I rode it back happily. I was instructed to use only extra premium/ speed petrol and never to fill the tank to the brim. Keep tyre pressure as 32 in front and 36/39 in rear. Also not to ride the bike more than 75-80 for first 2000 kms ( lot of patience needed). I have been using it for daily 38 km commute to office and on weekend around city drives and a few tours of three to five days/1500-3000 kms. I have completed 9000 kms ( boy, have they been good!!). I have following observations -:Pros1. The bike is butter smooth. It has negligible vibrations.2. Engine delivers power in a smooth manner ( ps: its no KTM 390or even apache 300).3. Great road presence.4. Very relaxed engine ( due to low compression ratio of 1:9.5) 5. Absolutely no heat issues even in exteme bumper to bumper traffic. Just a warm breeze on your legs. It does misses on low speed in very extreme traffic and hot conditions due to engine heating.6. An all-rounder bike. Excellent on highways and quite manageable in city.Cons1. Rider footpegs have an ergonomic problem. ( It takes time to get used to).2. Tank feels a little thin to hold.( Solutions are available, keep reading to find out mine).3. Seat is absolutely pathetic. Even in city ride of 18 kms/ 30 mins it is uncomfortable. ( Got it modified from karol bagh. Added a little foam next to thighs, and got a pillion raise and guess what, My footpeg and tank issue went away to quite some extent. ( Now I can live with them).4. The clutch gap keeps increasing on its own. ( The clutch wire is touching the meters console and every time you turn the handle right it rubs and rolls resulting in automatic movement of clutch adjusting screw next to lever) FIX- tighten the screw to the max and adjust the clutch gap full and final from adjustment screws on the crank case.5. Two massive silencers keep geeting scratched especially the left one. Innocent auto walas especially do that.Service cost1. Got the first service done at 501 kms.2. Only oil change and basic checks and adjustments.3. Took four hours for service.4. Total cost : Rs 2675 only.5. Next service at 10000 or 1 year whichever happens earlier.Milleage. Overall 25 kmpl. Best 32 and worst 18.8 ( with normal fuel) otherwise 23 (with extra premium).

Hari Pratap 4.2 5 Jan 2019

Speedo meter

Interceptor should be in BS6 and speedo meter should be more aggressive and styles. Head lights should be LED lamp like Thunderbird X. Exhaust is too much wide and looking big size from the rear tyre it should be more spilit than just and should be like S&S exhaust and triumph street twin byke. Apart from that everything is very good.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650