Customer Reviews on Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Torque

3.7/5
  • 33% users recommended this bike for Tours
Vishvanath G.. 4.2 6 Sep 2019

Rounder bike

Riding my classic 350 was a great experience. I used to cruise on it and most of the times the torque, the seat the engine were all adequate. Then came the interceptor and it just took one test ride to realise what I was missing. On 27 Nov 2018 my satisfied life just turned upside down and got intercepted by the interceptor. I booked it then and there as I had no other way of achieving nirvana again. I booked the ravishing red colour but changed it to Orange crush as that was being delivered faster. I was told a waiting period of 120 days (and nights). Time was passing by I was riding my classic 350 as usual and having a jolly good time dreaming about my very own interceptor. You tube kept me sane as there were plethora of interceptor videos available to keep me occupied. On republic day I was going about my business as usual and I got a call from cruiser motors Dwarka that my interceptor is on its way and should reach by 27th Jan. I was pleasantly surprised and we decided that at 1400 hrs on 27 Jan,19 I will upgrade to interceptor. The PDI went well. After doing all the formalities I finally got the key at 1600 hrs. I rode it back happily. I was instructed to use only extra premium/ speed petrol and never to fill the tank to the brim. Keep tyre pressure as 32 in front and 36/39 in rear. Also not to ride the bike more than 75-80 for first 2000 kms ( lot of patience needed). I have been using it for daily 38 km commute to office and on weekend around city drives and a few tours of three to five days/1500-3000 kms. I have completed 9000 kms ( boy, have they been good!!). I have following observations -:Pros1. The bike is butter smooth. It has negligible vibrations.2. Engine delivers power in a smooth manner ( ps: its no KTM 390or even apache 300).3. Great road presence.4. Very relaxed engine ( due to low compression ratio of 1:9.5) 5. Absolutely no heat issues even in exteme bumper to bumper traffic. Just a warm breeze on your legs. It does misses on low speed in very extreme traffic and hot conditions due to engine heating.6. An all-rounder bike. Excellent on highways and quite manageable in city.Cons1. Rider footpegs have an ergonomic problem. ( It takes time to get used to).2. Tank feels a little thin to hold.( Solutions are available, keep reading to find out mine).3. Seat is absolutely pathetic. Even in city ride of 18 kms/ 30 mins it is uncomfortable. ( Got it modified from karol bagh. Added a little foam next to thighs, and got a pillion raise and guess what, My footpeg and tank issue went away to quite some extent. ( Now I can live with them).4. The clutch gap keeps increasing on its own. ( The clutch wire is touching the meters console and every time you turn the handle right it rubs and rolls resulting in automatic movement of clutch adjusting screw next to lever) FIX- tighten the screw to the max and adjust the clutch gap full and final from adjustment screws on the crank case.5. Two massive silencers keep geeting scratched especially the left one. Innocent auto walas especially do that.Service cost1. Got the first service done at 501 kms.2. Only oil change and basic checks and adjustments.3. Took four hours for service.4. Total cost : Rs 2675 only.5. Next service at 10000 or 1 year whichever happens earlier.Milleage. Overall 25 kmpl. Best 32 and worst 18.8 ( with normal fuel) otherwise 23 (with extra premium).

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650