Datsun redi-GO is a 5 seater hatchback car launched at a base price of Rs. 2.80 lakh in June 2016 by Datsun in India. redi-GO is available in petrol engine only . redi-GO petrol is powered by 799cc and 999cc engine claiming mileage of 23kmpl. redi-GO also comes with automatic transmission. It is available in 13 variants and 5 colours.
Datsun redi-GO Latest Updates
The results of the latest round of Global NCAP crash tests reveal that the Datsun redi-GO offers poor safety, leading to a score of 1 star. The entry-level hatchback’s body shell, dashboard and the footwell area were found to be unstable
Datsun updated the redi-GO lineup making it safer now. The entry-level hatchback gets driver airbag, rear parking assist sensor, high speed warning and seat belt reminder as standard. Along with this, Datun has also discontinued different variants and the hatchback is now only available in 5 variants - D,A,S and S 1.0-litre and S 1.0-litre AMT. The base variants are now more dearer while the mid variants get a price cut.
The 1.0-litre 3-cylinder engine in the Datsun Redi-GO makes 68PS of max power and 91Nm of peak torque. More than the increase of 14PS and 19Nm in peak power and torque figures, the bigger engine impresses with off-peak performance. It's much easier to drive in the city and requires fewer downshifts to pick up the pace. It delivers a fuel efficiency of 22.5kmpl as per the new ARAI test cycle. The number is just 0.2kmpl less than the new figures for the 800cc Redi-GO. The 5-speed manual is the only transmission option right now. That said, an AMT version is likely to make its debut soon.
The redi-GO has a 799cc and a 999cc engine, both of which are available in a 3-cylinder configuration. Power output for the two motors stands at 54PS and 68PS while the torque is rated at 72Nm and 91Nm, respectively. Both the powertrains are paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The smaller engine delivers 22.7kmpl, and the bigger one can run 22.5kmpl.
The Datsun redi-GO is available in five trims: D, A, T, S and Sport. There's also a T(O) trim that sits between the T and S variants. The smaller motor is available across all variants, but the bigger engine is only available in the T(O) and S options. Pricing for the 800cc variants ranges from Rs 2.41 lakh for the D trim and goes up to Rs 3.63 lakh for the Sport. The 1.0-litre variants are available at a premium of Rs 23,200 over comparable 800cc variants and priced at Rs 3.57 lakh for the T(O) and Rs 3.72 lakh for the S. There's no automatic available with the redi-GO, but it's likely to borrow the 5-speed AMT setup from the Renault Kwid.
The Datsun redi-GO's tall body, high ground clearance and an aggressive face help it confidently pull off the mini crossover look. No wonder it's the most sought after car in the Datsun lineup. The LED DRLs look tacky, but there are enough cuts and creases in the body panels to make the overall design far more appealing than what its price tag would suggest.
The 800cc variants of the redi-GO had a grey interior, which looked pretty basic. With the launch of the 1.0-litre variant, Datsun updated all trims of the redi-GO with black panels, which gives the cabin a richer vibe. Asymmetric AC vents offer a unique styling twist while a small MID behind the thick steering wheel offers lots of information. Storage spaces are abundant, but there are no bottle holders on any of the four doors. The tall dimensions liberate a lot of space inside, and there's no shortage of headroom or knee room even for tall occupants.
Datsun redi-GO Competitors
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800: The Alto 800 challenges the 800cc trims of the redi-GO. On the design front, the Alto 800 feels dated, but its strength lies in its reliable mechanicals, extensive sales and service network, low running costs and a strong resale value. Although its USP isn't visible to the naked eye, it’s still at the top of its game.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10: The Alto K10 competes with the 1.0-litre variants of the redi-GO and offers the same no-frills ownership experience that you'd associate with a Maruti, in a package that's quite a bit faster than the basic Alto 800. It has its shortcomings which swell up when parked next to the Kwid. Thankfully, it packs no unpleasant surprises, and that's its strength.
Hyundai Eon: The Eon wears Hyundai’s Fluidic design theme that's starting to show its age. Just like the Alto, it offers solid reliability and a low cost of ownership. What sets it apart from the competition is its styling, which is more than just functional. The 1.0-litre engine in the Eon has a bit more power and torque, but its heavier kerb weight keeps its performance at par with the Alto K10. Just like the redi-GO, the Eon doesn't offer an automatic transmission of any kind.
Renault Kwid : The Kwid has made budget hatchbacks cool without sacrificing on practicality. It is surprisingly spacious, very well-equipped and handles bad roads with ease. The only critical miss is the lack of ABS, but the competition doesn't offer that either. The rotary dial-type AMT is available with the bigger 1.0-litre engine, and it's, possibly, ‘the world’s simplest interface in an automatic’. Although this system requires a steep initial learning curve for experienced drivers, the benefits for new drivers are unmatched.
Specifications Summary of Datsun redi-GO
|Engine :||999 cc|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS IV|
|Mileage :||22 Kmpl to 23 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||petrol|
|Transmission :||manual / automatic|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Ground Clearance (Laden) :||185mm|
|Gear Box :||5-Speed|
|Fuel Capacity :||28 Liters|
|Minimum Turning Radius :||4.7m|
|Length Width Height :||3429*1560*1541|
|Boot Space :||222|
Datsun redi-GO Price
Datsun redi-GO prices start at Rs. To Be Announced for petrol and goes upto Rs. 4.40 lakh.
- Petrol (13 Variants)
Datsun redi-GO Variants Price List
Datsun redi-GO News Updates
Spy Shots Indicate A Smoother Datsun redi-GO Soon
Will be the first proper update to the hatchback since its launch in 2016Mar 12, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
2019 Datsun redi-GO Is Safer, Rejigged Variant Lineup
Datsun’s entry-level model now comes with standard safety kit, top-end variants exclusively available with the larger 1.0-litre engineJul 18, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Datsun redi-GO Limited Edition’2018 Launched At Rs 3.58 lakh
Available in manual variants only, the new limited edition redi-GO comes with new body graphicsSep 4, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Nissan, Datsun Announce Price Hike Effective From April 1
Officials say the rise in prices are a result of rising input and manufacturing costsMar 21, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Datsun redi-GO AMT Prices Start At Rs 3.80 Lakh
The automatic is available in the T (O) and S variants, and commands a premium of Rs 22,000Jan 23, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Datsun redi-GO AMT Pre-Bookings Begin
Deliveries of Datsun’s entry-level hatchback with automatic gearbox to begin from January 23Jan 10, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Editor's View of Datsun redi-GO
value for money, spacious, good ground clearance
average build quality, low quality plastics and is low on features
The Datsun redi-Go looks very appealing from most angles and has ride quality working in its favour. But, the engine isn’t very refined and quality isn’t impressive either.
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying redi-GO
- You have options like Alto, redi go, kwid. test drive all cars then then take decision according to your requirements. redi go will gives you very good looks, design and performance. Alto gives you good resale value. kwid gives you muscular design body.
- There are ample options available in this range such as Maruti Alto 800, Renault KWID, Hyundai Santro, Maruti Alto K10, Hyundai EON etc. Click on the link to check out more options: https://www.zigwheels.com/newcars/best-hatchback-cars-under-4-lakhs You may also apply filters to refine your search and can shortlist some of the options from the lot. Do let us know the hand-picked options so that we can help you to choose one.
- Between 3-4 lacs is a very difficult deal. You can probably go with Alto 800. KWID and Redo Go are best known for its AMT feature which costs 5.2 lacs on road.
- Kwid is better than redi-go. Consider Alto k10, celero, santro and wagon r also.
- Kwid it has better build quality also good design like mini SUV. Kwid has better music system with navigation, Bluetooth , Apple CarPlay and reverse camera .
- In 800 cc both are same. Redigo1000cc varrint is better than kwid 800.
- I drive a Datsun Redi-Go S (O) 2016 model and have experienced no problems so far. It is one of the cheapest and coolest budget cars in its segment. The only problem is its mileage. While the company promises a mileage of 20-24 kmpl, the car actually gives a mileage of 14-16 kmpl. Also, at the time, the car didn't come with LED display features and a rearview camera. I think it still doesn't. If you maintain your car well, you can get a good exchange value for it directly from the showroom and stray away from the hassle of selling it off and then buying a new car. In terms of comforts, it is quite comfortable for people with a height of less than 6 feet. It has a 5 seater capacity, and a great boot capacity too. But, it doesn't have good ground clearance and you would probably face problems while driving in the city. However, it is a good car for those who are looking to buy a budget car within a range of 4 lakh or so. I bought the car at a price of 3.5 lakhs in 2016. Today, the price of the same car is much more. So, even after being used for 3 years and 24000 kms I can still get a good market price for the same, even though people might say I won't.
- The redi-GO has a 799cc and a 999cc engine, both of which are available in a 3-cylinder configuration. Power output for the two motors stands at 54PS and 68PS while the torque is rated at 72Nm and 91Nm, respectively. Both the powertrains are paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The smaller engine delivers 22.7kmpl, and the bigger one can run 22.5kmpl. The redi-GO brings the tall boy design to the entry-level hatchback game. Despite its limited length, it offers good headroom and usable cabin space. A high seating position offers a good view of the road ahead, and the healthy ground clearance of 185mm allows you to overcome larger speed bumps without scraping the belly. The redi-GO shares its engines with the Renault Kwid, albeit without the option of an AMT. The Datsun badge seems to be the only thing holding it back. Read more: Datsun redi-GO 1.0 AMT: First Drive Review - https://bit.ly/2HfC3if Datsun Redi-GO 1.0: First Drive Review - https://bit.ly/2t28lsx
- The Redi-GO has a 799cc and a 999cc engine, both of which are available in a 3-cylinder configuration. Power output for the two motors stands at 54PS and 68PS while the torque is rated at 72Nm and 91Nm, respectively. Both the powertrains are paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. For 0.8 liter engine, don’t go looking for driving thrills. But, if you are the sort of person who only wants to potter around from point A to point B in relative comfort, then this could be the right car for you. The claimed fuel economy is 22.5kmpl, which is expected to be close to real-world numbers as it has been tested according to the new ARAI regulations. Actual mileage figure will depend on riding style, traffic conditions and how it is maintained.
- Very comfortable and far better than baleno
- Easy to sit and leg room space is good and is suitable for a long journey no problems for three man sitting back seat .
- Ample knee room for back passenger, good power in 1 liter engine
- It is available from T (O) and that too Front.
- Power window in T verent frant two
Datsun redi-GO Mileage
Datsun redi-GO User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.8/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
31% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
`Very bad Dealer/Customer service I bought Redigo 2 Years Back, from that time I'm facing bad dealer/customer service from Dwarka Centre.4-5 Months back there was some problem of wiring in my car and I have visited teh dwarka service centre for reparing and servicing. They have repaired the wiring and everthing that I have complained But after that service the problems starts increasing in my Car. Car start virbrating / Race automatically goes high and low / Back Sensor stopped working / Average goes down / Avg Metre shows Zero sometimes.I have visited Centre after 1 Week of my last service and asked them to check the same. they just drove my car and said everthing is OK.Such a bad customer dealing was done by Datsun Curtomer Service Team. I'm still facing this issue and want to inform others also about my bad experienceI won't suggest anyone to buy Datsun Car in future.
Very bad Dealer/Customer service I bought Redigo 2 Years Back, from that time I'm facing bad dealer/customer service from Dwarka Centre.4-5 Months back there was some problem of wiring in my car and I have visited teh dwarka service centre for reparing and servicing. They have repaired the wiring and everthing that I have complained But after that service the problems starts increasing in my Car. Car start virbrating / Race automatically goes high and low / Back Sensor stopped working / Average goes down / Avg Metre shows Zero sometimes.I have visited Centre after 1 Week of my last service and asked them to check the same. they just drove my car and said everthing is OK.Such a bad customer dealing was done by Datsun Curtomer Service Team. I'm still facing this issue and want to inform others also about my bad experienceI won't suggest anyone to buy Datsun Car in future.
A sincere review from a two month user(delivered on November 2018)Literally a life threatening car .The incident so happen in the middle of railway cross.The engine would make a crashing noise and stop all functions. You have to wait for a couple of minutes to restart the engine. After a couple of repeating events i took it for service centre (EVM NISSAN,Perinthalmanna,KERALA) and they changed slip clutch point and programme And gave me assurance that it won"t repeat.But the engine couldn"t keep the promise and gave me a counted 7 times engine break down.3 times in the middle of the road and i was saved due to my lower speed and absence of vehicles behind.Thanks to god.I took it to service station slow and steady by the edge of the road due to fear because the problem is not periodic and comes anywhere anytime.
I USE THIS CAR LAST 3.5 YEARS I DRIVE THIS CAR IN HILL LIKE HIMACHAL AS WELL AS UTTARAKHAND SOME PEOPLE COMPLAINT ABOUT AVERAGE BUT THEY NOT KNOW HOW to DRIVE THIS CAR THIS CAR POWER BASED ON RPM SO YOU HANDLE REDI GO RPM SO GET GOOD AVERAGE EVERY CAR IS GOOD CARS BUT WE NOT KNOW to HANDLE THESE technologies SO ENJOY YOUR CAR AND DRIVE SAFELY IN CITY U GET 15-19 KMPL IN HIGHWAY U GET 22-24 KMPL AVERAGE BASED ON YOUR DRIVING.
This is a excellent under rated car with a standard and decant features such as single air bag, rear parking sensors etc.A car at this price point has has a good features. Safety wise it has a huge gap, eg- the material which has been used in this care is not up to the standard (built quality). Performance wise the car is 800 cc and for this caliber the car is giving a good punch
nice car i am sell my car Becose I am purches New car...
nice comfort car it's good mileage, on road
Best in its segment. Full features, styling, comfort, mileage 22-23 on road, nice boot space.
Performance excellent. Good styling. Mileage 22-23 on road. Best features. Far better than all others in this segment.
it is good hatch back car small family.good ride and safe to drive
Datsun redi-GO Expert Reviews
Datsun redi-GO 1.0 AMT: First Drive Review
Datsun’s entry-level offering finally gets the convenience of an automated manual transmissionJan 19, 2018 | By Jagdev Kalsi
Datsun Redi-GO 1.0: First Drive Review
Does a bigger engine turn a need based car into something you’d want?Jul 12, 2017 | By Tushar Kamath, Photography: Vikrant Date
Datsun redi-GO vs Renault Kwid vs Maruti Alto 800: Spec Comparo
The Japanese, the French, and the Indian hatchbacks compared on paperMay 20, 2016 | By Team ZigWheels
Datsun Redi-GO : Detailed Review
Datsun is set to launch its micro-hatchback, the redi-GO in the Indian market, which happens to be its third offering. Will Nissan’s sub-brand get third time lucky?May 13, 2016 | By Ravi Ved, Photography Vikrant Date
Datsun redi-GO Images
Datsun redi-GO Colours
Datsun redi-GO Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 13,509|
|(5 years)||Rs. 13,509|
Datsun redi-GO Offers
Offerredi-GO D offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 12 Mar-31 Mar
Offerredi-GO S offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 12 Mar-31 Mar