TVS Zeppelin Latest Updates
The TVS Zeppelin is a cruiser concept bike was showcased by the brand at the 2018 Auto Expo. The concept bike was an important product as it showcased the first TVS cruiser offering. While TVS has been quite abou the cruiser bike, recently it trademarked the name Ronin and there are reports that the TVS cruiser is likely to be called the TVS Ronin when it goes into production.
Powering the TVS Zeppelin is a single-cylinder 220cc engine, which is a bored-out version of the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V’s motor. In terms of numbers, the Zeppelin cruiser produces 20PS and 18.5Nm of torque. Staying true to its cruiser genes the Zeppelin also features a belt drive system for smoother torque delivery, but most likely TVS will stick to chain drive to keep cost in check.
The small-capacity cruiser segment in India has a huge potential as currently, only Suzuki, Bajaj and Royal Enfield are competing in it. Introducing a cruiser will give TVS access to a wider range of audience who prefer more laidback riding than corner carving. The TVS Zeppelin is expected to be priced between Rs 1.20 and Rs 1.40 lakh. You can read more about the TVS cruiser bike here
TVS Zeppelin Summary
|Engine :||220 cc|
|Fuel Type :||Electric|
|Battery Type :||Li-ION|
|ABS :||Dual Channel|
|Engine :||220 CC|
TVS Zeppelin Price
TVS Zeppelin is going to launch in India with an estimated price of Rs. 1.2 Lakh
Zeppelin Variants Price List
Top Competitors of Zeppelin
TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
Rs. 1.02 Lakh
Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Rs. 1.3 Lakh
TVS Apache RTR 160
Bajaj Pulsar NS200
Rs. 1.28 Lakh
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F
Rs. 1.19 Lakh
Yamaha MT 15
Rs. 1.38 Lakh
KTM 125 Duke
Rs. 1.42 Lakh
Yamaha FZS-FI V3
Rs. 1.01 Lakh
TVS Apache RTR 180
Rs. 1.03 Lakh
TVS Apache RTR 200 4V
Rs. 1.27 Lakh
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Zeppelin
- As per its on paper output figures(20PS and 18.5Nm), it should be capable to tackling hilly conditions with ease but for the final verdict about its performance, we would suggest you to wait for its launch.
- View dealer list in the link https://www.zigwheels.com/bikes/dealers/TVS/Gorakhpur .
- TVS hasn't shared the top speed figures of Zeppelin yet. So, we would suggest you to wait for its launch.
- Hello sir,,Sir mujhe Ye bike bahot Pasand hai,,, Aor main ise purchase krna chahta hun,, Mujhe kuch bhi Kar ke Ye bike Lena hai,,, R15 v3 Lene wala tha,, But Ab main yehi bike lunga,, PlzzReply kr dena Sir,, thank you
- TVS could launch a production version as early as the end of this year or early next year. If TVS packs in all the features shown on the concept, we expect TVS to price it around the Rs 1.5 lakh mark. Stay tuned for more information.
- The brand hasn't disclosed its launching date yet. So, we would suggest you to wait till get get any update regarding TVS Zeppelin.
- The Zeppelin concept featured a new 220cc motor which sends power to the rear wheel via a belt drive, which is another first for TVS. A belt drive has a silent operation and requires low maintenance when compared to a chain drive. It does get an electric motor to boost power. The power cruiser is not just a design exercise. It showcased a new engine and a new technology which TVS likes to call E-boost. It has even patented this integrated starter generator system which comprises of a 1200W (1.6PS) electric generator and a 48V lithium-ion battery that is charged via the motor. The technology is similar to the SHVS system seen in select Maruti Suzuki cars. The difference, however, is TVS claims the system will boost both performance and fuel efficiency.
- The TVS Zeppelin is a performance cruiser concept that is powered by a 220cc single cylinder engine with some added oomph from an electric motor. TVS has patented a new Integrated Starter Motor or ISG for this concept. This electric motor is used to boost the petrol motor at lower speeds and help attain quicker acceleration. This should also help with the efficiency from the 220cc motor as it’s the acceleration cycle that burns the most fuel. In terms of function this sounds similar to Maruti’s SHVS mild hybrid system, which is used as a torque fill in Maruti’s Ciaz and S-Cross diesel motors.
- TVS Zeppelin is a performance cruiser concept that is powered by a 220cc single cylinder engine with some added oomph from an electric motor. TVS has patented a new Integrated Starter Motor or ISG for this concept. This electric motor is used to boost the petrol motor at lower speeds and help attain quicker acceleration. In other words, it is a Hybrid bike by TVS similar to Maruti’s SHVS mild hybrid system, which is used as a torque fill-in Maruti’s Ciaz and S-Cross diesel motors.
- As of now, there is no update from the brand side regarding the mileage of TVS Zeppelin. Stay tuned for further updates.
TVS Zeppelin Images
TVS Zeppelin News Updates
TVS Ronin Trademarked. What Is It?
Our analysis indicates one of three possibilities. Read on…May 13, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Top 5 Bike News Of The Week: TVS Acquires Norton Motorcycles, BMW G 310 BS6 Twins Price Details Revealed, And More
Certain developments have really shaken up things during these quarantine timesApr 18, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Norton Motorcycles Lives On With TVS Acquisition
TVS Motor has bought the British brand for Rs 153.12 croreApr 17, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Showstoppers Of 2018 Auto Expo: Two-wheelers
These two-wheelers from the 2018 Auto Expo caught our attention and won over our hearts!Dec 4, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Will TVS Cruise Into 2020 With The Zeppelin?
It’s among the many interesting motorcycles from the past Auto Expo that still haven’t been launchedNov 23, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
5 Reasons Why The TVS Zeppelin Concept Is Cool
The performance cruiser was one of the coolest two-wheelers to come out of the Auto Expo 2018. Here’s whyFeb 12, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels