Honda Shine is a commuter bike launched at a base price of Rs. 58,097 in February 2019 by Honda in India. CB Shine is powered by 124cc engine claiming mileage of 65kmpl. CB Shine has a air cooled, 4 stroke, si engine and a 4 speed gear box. Honda Shine comes with front disc break and rear drum break. It is available in 6 variants and 8 colours.
Honda Shine Latest Updates
Honda has launched the BS6-compliant Shine in India for a starting price of Rs. 67, 857 (ex-showroom Delhi). That's a premium of Rs 7,867 over the BS4 drum variant. It's available in four colours: Black, Geny Grey Metallic, Rebel Red Metallic & Athletic Blue Metallic.
Powering the Shine is a new BS6-compliant 125cc motor, which is claimed to be 14 per cent more fuel-efficient than the BS4 model. It also features a 5-speed transmission (earlier 4-speed), which should help it extract more efficiency. While Honda hasn't revealed any specifications, we believe power figures to be around the same as the outgoing model -- 10.3PS and 10.30Nm.
The Shine now comes with an ACG starter, a start/stop switch, new DC headlamp, tail light, and a revised instrument console design. Other notable changes come with new graphics and chrome highlights on the headlamp visor and side panels. The seat is 27mm longer than before.
Not only this, but the Shine's wheelbase has been extended by 19mm (1285mm) and its ground clearance increased by 5mm. It retains the same suspension and braking setup as before.
Honda is offering six years (three years standard + three years optional) of extended warranty on BS6 Shine. The bike goes toe-to-toe against the Hero Super Splendor and Bajaj Discover 125.
Powering the Shine is a trusty 124.73cc single-cylinder motor which makes 10.30PS and 10.30Nm. It does miss out on a fifth gear, but the gearbox is slick nonetheless. The industrial diamond frame is suspended on conventional forks and twin rear shocks. The 18-inch alloy wheels come shod with MRF tubeless tyres. There are two options for front brakes - a 130mm drum unit or a 240mm disc. There is only a 130mm drum option for the rear brake.
Honda’s CB Shine has been its workhorse for years. Part of the charm is that the styling manages to look homely and welcoming. There is none of that edginess which digresses from the motorcycle’s main focus - commuting. With that in mind, Honda has managed to offer several simple yet attractive colour schemes with not too over-the-board graphics. You also get the added convenience of tubeless tyres.
Honda Shine Competitors
Hero Super Splendor : : Hero equipped India’s highest selling motorcycle with a 125cc engine and the result was the Super Splendor. However, it is not the most powerful bike in its segment. It also misses out on disc brakes which the Shine offers as an option.
Specifications Summary of Honda Shine
|Engine :||124.73 cc|
|Emission Type :||BS4|
|Mileage :||65 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||petrol|
|Battery Type :||Maintenance Free|
|Front Brakes :||Disc|
|Power :||10.30 PS @ 7500 rpm|
|Starting :||Kick and Self Start|
|Standard Warranty :||2 Years|
Honda Shine Price
The price of Honda Shine starts at Rs. 58,097 and goes upto Rs. 64,960. Honda Shine is offered in 6 variants - Drum Self and Alloy, CBS, Drum CBS Limited Edition, Disc Self and Alloy, Disc CBS and the top variant CB Shine Disc CBS LImited Edition which comes at a price tag of Rs. 64,960.
Honda Shine Variants Price List
Editor's View of Honda Shine
Mileage, comfort and more power
Lack of top-end, vibrations
The Honda CB Shine 125 brings excellent rideability and comfort for city riding along with decent fuel economy.
Top Competitors of Shine
Hero Passion Pro
Rs. 56,600Compare with CB Shine
Honda SP 125
Rs. 72,900Compare with CB Shine
Hero Splendor Plus
Rs. 52,800Compare with CB Shine
Rs. 63,600Compare with CB Shine
Honda CB Shine SP
Rs. 63,857Compare with CB Shine
Hero Super Splendor
Rs. 60,700Compare with CB Shine
Bajaj Pulsar 150
Rs. 75,200Compare with CB Shine
Rs. 80,325Compare with CB Shine
Rs. 57,298Compare with CB Shine
Honda CB Unicorn 150
Rs. 72,633Compare with CB Shine
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Shine
- In This Situation I Would Prefer You Shine SP Because It Has An Extra One More Gear Than CB Shine And The Speedometer Is Also Very Attractive . Atlast I Would Only Say That Whichever Bike You Select As Per Your Choice Both Bikes Are Better In Maintanence And Handling
- Both the bikes has same engines and great looking 125cc bikes out there. The bike handles well, and the motor is refined and spunky. Overall, the Shine SP boasts good levels of fit and finish, and given Honda's penchant for making reliable bikes, is almost a no-brainer. The CB Shine SP gets 5-speed gear(CB Shine gets 4-speed gearbox) transmission which provides better performance at long rides.
- If you want for day to day office use... I will suggest CB shine and if you can expand your bugget little bit I will recommend you go for Unicorn because it's available with ABS option too.
- Both are one and another the same. except for mileage which is better in passion pro(84 kmpl). The dimensions also vary in both. Shine is better when compared to speed. Considering the features and performance I would say HONDA SHINE
- You asked to different types of category passion pro is 90cc engine and in other hand shine is 125cc both price is also much differ. but if you have budget to get honda shine then go with it
- Passion pro bike is well this bike 97 cc and best mileage 65+ and deliy used bike ...... shine is a good bike in Honda this bike cc 124 and smooth sound mileage it also 65+
- The Honda Shine gets new graphics for 2018. Although it still manages to look plain-jane, the new graphics and the chrome strap on top of the headlamp, add a bit of freshness to it. Just like the Discover 125, you also get the option to opt for a disc brake, which is absent in the Super Splendor. The Shine also gets the longest seat in the segment, so it should be comfortable for people on the larger side as well. Honda's reputation for reliability and a price tag that is closer to the Super Splendor, enhances the deal further. On the other hand, the new Super Splendor certainly marks an improvement over the model it replaces in the performance department. When it comes to fuel efficiency, the Super Splendour is equipped with Heroâ€™s i3S technology, which gives it an edge over the others. But by how much, is still something we have to figure out. While the Splendor comes across as an admirable motorcycle offering good comfort and ride quality. Do take a test ride in order to pick one.
- I believe that Honda CB shine is much better than Hero super Splendor Splendor because of the pickup that CB shine offers as well as the Honda agent with that delivers a good power and after an hour wonderful speed so that you can cruise easily.
- Ofcourse CB Shine Is The Best As It's Maintenance And Handling Is Easy And Due To It's Light Weight The Speed Acquired In The Second Gear Is Quite Fast Than Super Splendor
- Changing engines is not legally allowed because the engine no. should be matching with the no. on your RC book
- For the service for home delivery in Kushinagar, we would suggest you walk into the nearest dealership as they will be better people to assist you. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest dealership and selecting your city accordingly - Dealers. To get proper servicing of the vehicle, you must get it done at the authorized service centre only.
- As now, you have an option of CB shine BS 6 , you can go with that.. in terms of mileage and maintenance discover is better one
- DEPENDING ON YOUR DRIVING HABITS AND REQUIREMENTS. IF TOU WANT LOW MAINTENANCE AND MORE MILEAGE THEN DISCOVER IS BEST OPTION.
- Both bikes are good but it's on you which company you trust...as a proud owner of discover 125 ( from 13 years) i would recommend you to buy discover because my bike is still working like a charm.
Honda Shine Mileage
|ARAI Claimed||65 kmpl|
|User Reported||50 kmpl|
Honda Shine User Reviews
+ 2 more
Features & Styling3.9/5
Preferred For : Daily Commute
45% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Actually I am not happy with service they are given every time whenever I leave it for services they have do some mistake when I go to complain about it their answer is sorry next time we will do our best today it is more than expected vehicles came for service I 2 neglected that one because they are doing like this it may be the reason because it"s a free service then and I give it for first paid service they were continuing the negligence in service, sometimes I have a doubt that did they even change the engine oil or not everything is ok about the bike it would be better if you take care of Service Centre 2. I wished to give my vehicle for service in a company owned service centre is there any options like that otherwise it's better to leave my vehicle for service outside
Request to you, please accept my apology for grammatical mistakes. (sharing with you the experience of 2 years with Honda shine) My height is 5.11", i have purchased this bike (Honda CB Shine) for daily commuting (60 kms / day), but i believe this bike is not suitable for tall riders. Ride quality is very poor, shock absorbents are not able to manage even pot holes and gaps between paver block and road. Jerks are not at all absorbed and managed, sometimes you feel there is metal rod instead of suspensions. It may be an unique experience, but when bike exceeds 50kmph, there are micro vibration in tremendous level on handle bar and foot pecks, which leads to head and neck pain. The bike is good for those who ride it at 40kmph and short in height.
मेरा नाम दीपक दांगी है मेरे पास सीबी शाइन है और इसमें बढ़िया है सब कुछ लेकिन उच्च तकनीकी प्रॉब्लम रह गई है जैसे इंजन गार्ड लगाने पर आगे के टायर तो पर जुगाड़ रहता है उसे टच होता है ऐसी छोटी मोटी प्रॉब्लम होती रहती लेकिन और माइलेज की समस्या है इसमें माइलेज कम देती है और सब ठीक है
the engine is super smooth for a reasonable speed. when you rave it hard , you get vibration, but being a 125 cc engine, we can"t expect more. For city commute, I don"t think one can have a better option. Maneauvering in city is so easy, riding position is great, won"t make you feel tired even after long rides.I have done 400km in one stretch and I found it good.Maintenance cost is low. I got mileage between 50-60km/lit. It"s definitely not for some one rave hardy, but it"s superb for city commuting and short rides.
I have been using my cb shine for a year now, the following are the features which I have come across. Comfort- 4/5, Mileage- 55kmpl, Styling- 3/5, vibration- 4/5. After I cross 80kmphr, What I can firmly say is that there has to be some manufacturing defect with the gear pattern because even when I have reached the maximum gear (i.e 4th)the bike still guesses to have an additional gear because still does not run smoothly which leads to vibration. Ignoring this, I drive 60kms everyday and I can drive easily.
Still I m getting good experience with mileage and low maintenance.
I AM RIDING THIS BIKE FOR NEARLY 2YR FRONT SUSPENSION IS VERY POOR SEVERAL TIME RAISE THIS ISSUE TO THEIR SERVICE ENGINEER BUT STILL PROBLEM IS CONTINUE. WHENEVER THE SPEED OF THIS BIKE IS ABOVE 40 KM /HR BIKE STARTED VIBRATING.I HAD MEET WITH 4/5 PEOPLE OF HAVING SAME PROBLEM.
Engine performance was not good
ok smooth good bike mileage expected 60 mileage normal 55
Honda Shine Expert Reviews
Yamaha Saluto vs Honda CB Shine: Comparison review
Can the new Yamaha Saluto clinch the crown as the best 125cc motorcycle in the Indian two-wheeler market from the Honda CB Shine? We compare both these bikes and get you the answerJul 20, 2015 | By Arun Mohan Nadar Photography: Eshan Shetty & Kapil Angane
Bajaj Discover 125M vs Honda CB Shine: 125cc Comparison Review
Armed with best-in-class efficiency and low price tag, the Bajaj Discover 125M is here to challenge Honda CB Shine -the 125cc segment dominator.Apr 16, 2014 | By Sarmad Kadiri, Photography: Eshan Shetty
Comparo: Bajaj Discover 125 DTSi vs Honda CB Shine
The Bajaj Discover is back in conventional territory, with its 125 DTSi engine. We pit it against the outright leader of the category, the Honda CB Shine, to see if it can change the dynamics of the tricky commuter space. Sopan Sharma comparesMay 18, 2011 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda Shine Images
Honda Shine Colours
Black With Spear Silver Metallic
Black With Imperial Red Metallic
Sunset Brown Metallic
Imperial Red Metallic
Rebel Red Metallic
Geny Grey Metallic
Athletic Blue Metallic
Honda Shine News Updates
Here’s How The BS6 Version Of India’s Best Selling 125cc Bike Differs From Its Predecessor
Honda has equipped the new Shine BS6 with a host of both mechanical and feature upgrades to make it a better proposition than the BS4 modelFeb 21, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda Activa 125 CBS, CB Shine CBS And Others Recalled
More than 50,000 units manufactured by Honda have been recalled!Aug 5, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda CB Shine Continues Winning Streak With Yet Another Sales Milestone
Honda continues its stronghold on the 125cc segment with its Shine series, now with a whopping 51 per cent market shareNov 1, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
New Honda 125cc motorcycle launch on November 19th
Honda will ride in a new motorcycle on November 19th and we feel the new bike will be a premium 125cc motorcycle that will be placed above the hugely popular Honda CB Shine 125Nov 12, 2015 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda officially confirms 125cc premium commuter bike
Honda has teased a new premium 125cc motorcycle at the Revfest event and it will be launched by later this yearAug 5, 2015 | By Team ZigWheels
New Honda 125cc motorcycle caught testing
Pictures of a new Honda 125cc motorcycle being tested at its production facility have emerged on the internet. The new motorcycle is expected to be part of the Dream series and will be priced below the Honda CB Shine at around Rs 52,000Apr 6, 2015 | By Team ZigWheels