Specifications Summary of Maruti Celerio
|Mileage (ARAI) kmpl :||23 Kmpl to 31 Kmpl|
|Gear Box :||5 Speed|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol / CNG|
|Transmission :||Automatic / Manual|
|Length Width Height :||3695*1600*1560|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Boot Space :||235-litres|
|Ground Clearance (Laden) :||165mm|
Maruti Celerio Highlights
Maruti Celerio Price: Maruti Celerio prices start at Rs. 4.26 lakh for petrol and goes upto Rs. 5.43 lakh. Maruti Celerio is available in 12 variants and 6 colours.
Celerio Engine and Specifications: The Maruti Suzuki Celerio is currently offered with only one engine: a 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol/CNG which develops 68PS of maximum power and 90Nm of torque. This engine can be paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed automated manual transmission (AMT), the mileage figures for both are quite similar. The Celerio use to be offered with an ultra-efficient 793cc, 2-cylinder diesel engine too, but that has been discontinued due to issues with refinement.
Maruti Celerio Variants
Maruti Suzuki offers 14 variants of the Celerio in India. The base LXI is priced at Rs 4.03 lakh, while the top-of-the-line ZXI AMT (O) is priced at Rs 5.24 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. For those looking for the most cost-efficient variant, the VXI Green with CNG makes the most sense. The convenience of an AMT is offered from the LXI variant onwards, making it a very affordable option for the city. We recommend the LXI (O) AGS as it also gets safety features like dual front airbags and ABS.
Celerio Exterior and Interior
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio looks like a grown up version of the Alto 800 and there is a good reason for that. The Celerio is actually the next-gen Alto, sold as such in many international markets. As with many entry-level Maruti cars, the Celerio is understated so as to appeal to as many people as possible, which also means that it is not very exciting to look at. Highlights include the large headlamps, twin-slat chrome grille, chrome surround for the fog lamps housing, and a sculpted rear bumper.
The understated design continues on the inside too. Cost cutting measures like the integrated headrests on the front seats make the interior feel less inviting, but the rest of the design is good. Luggage space is compromised for a good passenger space, even taller rear passengers won't feel the pinch in the Celerio. Storage spaces around the cabin are not as many as the competition.
Maruti Celerio Competitors
Tata Tiago : This is the newest car in this class and offers more features for the price without any compromise on space and quality. The Tiago has the best sound system in this segment and also gets smartphone-linked functions for the infotainment system. Petrol-AMT variants add to its appeal as a city-centric family hatchback.
Maruti Suzuki WagonR: More than half-a-decade old and the WagonR continues to go strong. It offers the best combination of space, mileage, reliability and cost in this segment with two different designs. Those not happy with the more sedate design of the 'blue-eyed-boy' WagonR can choose to buy the VXI+ variants which offer more style with features like projector headlamps and alloy wheels.
Datsun Go Plus : The Datsun Go Plus : is the stretched version of the Go hatchback and offers the most space in this price range. It is also powered by a fun 1.2-litre engine, but the Go Plus suffers in terms of quality and safety.
The Celerio, though being the first car to introduce Indians to the concept of affordable automatic cars, has not been able to attract enough people, thanks to tough competition from better looking, better-equipped cars, priced lower and higher than it. It is not a bad car per se, but the multitude of options in the market don't help it stand out.
Maruti Celerio Variants Price List
- Petrol (10 Variants)
- CNG (2 Variants)
Maruti Celerio Latest Updates
In tune with the government's recent reduction of corporate tax rate, Maruti Suzuki has slashed the prices of all variants of Celerio by Rs 5000.
If you are in the market for a 1.0-litre hatchback but don't like the way the WagonR looks, Maruti has the Celerio for you. With a more conventional hatchback styling, the Celerio essentially offers you the same features as the WagonR, with a few cherries on top. Over the WagonR's kit, you get audio and call controls on the steering wheel, Bluetooth enabled music system and a height adjustable driver's seat. But, you do not get projector headlamps, which are available in the top variant of the WagonR. The 1.0-litre engine here is shared with the WagonR and the Alto K10 and makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual and an optional AMT transmission. Claimed efficiency stands at 23.10kmpl, which is more than the WagonR. But, if you are interested in the Celerio, do have a look at the Celerio X.
Top Competitors of Celerio
Rs. 3.69 lakhCompare with Celerio
Maruti Wagon R
Rs. 4.34 lakhCompare with Celerio
Rs. 4.30 lakhCompare with Celerio
Rs. 4.40 lakhCompare with Celerio
Rs. 5.14 lakhCompare with Celerio
Rs. 2.83 lakhCompare with Celerio
Maruti Alto K10
Rs. 3.61 lakhCompare with Celerio
Rs. 4.74 lakhCompare with Celerio
Rs. 2.89 lakhCompare with Celerio
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 5.79 lakhCompare with Celerio
Editor's View of Maruti Celerio
Engine and transmission, automatic option, maruti service support, price
The Celerio might just set the charts on fire with its Automatic Manual Transmission. In our opinion, Maruti have another winner on the cards here
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Celerio
- Celerion is good car, even KWID is also god depends on your model choice KWID is little trendy, celerio is simple model, other side i can say one thing any way maruti cars are always ruff n tuff, you will get better resale value and at any place you will find garrage of maruti. : By Raju | 7 hours ago
- If you sell Renault kwid after 5 years its resale will be 1.75 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs.... But If you sell well maintained Celerio Zxi after 5 Years its resale will be 2.5 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs... That is the difference you see in new car price..... : By Mohamed | 6 months ago
- Kwids ride quality is lot better than celerios and handles better than celerio, kwid does have advantage in better equipment better infotainment system. : By Israr | 6 months ago
- I will suggest you to go for celerio ZXI MT, but if your daily running is above 50 kmor near that then you can buy celerio vxi green mean CNG it will give you 25/26 km in mumbai trafic and on highway it gives up to 29-30, choice is yours : By Raju | 7 hours ago
- Yes, both the cars have same specifications. It's just the features that differentiate these both variants. In optional Zxi Mt, you will get Allow wheels, Airbags for both driver and passenger, ABS and Fog lamps : By Nikhil | 1 year ago
- Celerio zxi MT best for you because it's amt is not good... OK : By SUBHADIP | 1 year ago
- I don't think so, there is no news like that and just now i mean last year they came out with new celerio model : By Raju | 3 days ago
- No news about Indian celerio but it has stopped in Australia and uk due to lack of sales : By Blazer | 2 days ago
- I will suggest maruti wagon R or celerio..new wagon r and celerio both r now medel you can buy any one : By Raju | 5 days ago
- Santro. It has 4 cylinders and better build up with up market interior : By Valentine | 10 months ago
- Go for wagon r AMT with 1.2 zxi : By Karanveer | 10 months ago
- No sir it is additional : By Mehra | 6 days ago
- Sorry. It's not celerio ZXI but Its celerioX ZXI. does it has a mudguard???????? : By Mamata | 11 months ago
- No. : By Vijay | 11 months ago
- Both are good CNG As well as PAtrol : By Mehra | 6 days ago
- No petrol automatic is amazing : By Kumaar | 2 months ago
- I don't know : By Bedananda | 1 month ago
- The Celerio is equipped with an automated manual transmission. There are just two pedals, and the operation is like a conventional automatic vehicle. Slot the gear lever in ‘Drive’ (D), let go of the brakes and the car creeps forward. The operation of the clutch, is controlled by a hydraulic actuator - thereby relieving your left leg. The AMT on the litte Maruti isn’t the most polished units around; there are slight jerks when the car upshifts or downshifts. That said, they can be easily overlooked during daily commutes. You can also take charge of the gears yourself by shifting it into manual (M) mode. Like most Marutis, the suspension is on the softer side in the Celerio. This lets it absorb the bumps and undulations on the road fairly easily. However, drive over the bigger and badder potholes, and the thuds will be transferred to the cabin. The steering is nice and light and weighs up well as the speeds progress. : By Zigwheels | 1 year ago
- The Celerio is equipped with an automated manual transmission. There are just two pedals, and the operation is like a conventional automatic vehicle. Slot the gear lever in ‘Drive’ (D), let go of the brakes and the car creeps forward. The operation of the clutch, is controlled by a hydraulic actuator - thereby relieving your left leg. The AMT on the litte Maruti isn’t the most polished units around; there are slight jerks when the car upshifts or downshifts. That said, they can be easily overlooked during daily commutes. You can also take charge of the gears yourself by shifting it into manual (M) mode. : By Zigwheels | 1 year ago
- On a budget and in the market for an automatic, you just don’t have another option to choose from. It also delivers well on space and comfort and is fun to drive as a nimble hatchback. Above all, it delivers better mileage than its manual counterpart. The AMT makes driving in our perennially clogged city roads easier for the driver. The Celerio AMT is the need of the hour for an urban Indian commuter and a decent overall car otherwise. : By Zigwheels | 10 months ago
- You can get factory fitted cng in celario tour H2,vxi models.That comes in manual transmission. : By Joshy | 3 weeks ago
- Don't go with CNG go with petrol automatic safe and perfect fuel saving car : By Kumaar | 2 months ago
- Not sure if I am the right person to answer as I do not own the variant. : By Sachin | 3 weeks ago
- Yes, there are 2 variants in CNG. Celerio CNG VXI MT( www.zigwheels.com/newcars/Maruti-Suzuki/Celerio/cng-vxi-mt ) and Celerio CNG VXI Optional( www.zigwheels.com/newcars/Maruti-Suzuki/Celerio/cng-vxi-optional ) : By Nikhil | 1 year ago
- Yes it's the favourite if uber and old taxi owners. : By Joshy | 1 week ago
- Which is one best car between Alto k10 AMT and Celerio AMT : By Tejas | 4 months ago
- It's too good if u drive on highways too good handling and enough power fir a average car and also gives good milage and it's also comfortable with 4 adults on long distances. : By Jai | 1 month ago
- Yes definitely. I am a resident of Pune and I travel frequently to Mumbai. It gives a great mileage and runs smoothly even at 120kmph or above. I never faced any problem driving it be it city or the highways. : By Areeb | 9 months ago
- Sir this model is only made for long drive as it gives 25 kms p.litr on long drive in plains area : By Mehra | 6 days ago
- Mileage exceptional. Build and paint very poor as usual for all Maruti vehicles. Maruti gives good features in all Vxi models at compatively cheaper price sacrificing build and paint qualities. : By Valentine | 1 month ago
- The only one I see is that you do not have baggage space in the CNG variant. After using this vehicle for four years+, I do not see any demerit, be it mileage or maintenance. : By Sachin | 3 weeks ago
- Celerio is a very user friendly car. Its dependable (at least till now). Daily city driving, yes, really worth it. But the car lacks power, you'd feel it once fully loaded, with AC on. Also the highway lane changes, this car staggers. My average mileage, with AC on mostly, City 18, Highway 21. : By Saptashwa | 1 year ago
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio has a decent leg space. The driver’s seat on the top-spec ZXi (O) variant gets a healthy range for adjusting reach as well as height. Coupled with the rake adjustable steering, and we could get into comfortable driving position relatively easily. There’s adequate support for short trips, but we would have liked slightly more bolstering for the lower back and under thigh for the longer journeys. We would suggest you to take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts. Click on the given link to get your nearest dealership details: https://www.zigwheels.com/dealers : By Zigwheels | 1 year ago
- Hi, Even I am 6 feet tall and I drive the car and it's quite comfortable. I suggest you test drive the car and that shall answer your query. Overall the car is pretty good. Thanks : By Nikhil | 1 year ago
- Yes he will feel comfortable when he drive it : By Mehra | 6 days ago
Maruti Celerio Images
Maruti Celerio User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.6/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
28% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Suspension is not so Good. A/c cooling coil failed one day after warranty expired and company did not approve. Clutch Judder continues even after Clutch replacement. Hord Pad cracked Company says its normal. Pickup is very poor. Good car for city as I have taken AMT Zx version average in petol is14/15 kmpl with a/c in City.MRF tyres have good life just crossed 80,000 kms in 4 years. RSA service is poor. Exide reaches before Maruti Road side Assistance.
कंपनी माइलेज अधिक बता करके सिर्फ लूट रही है सर्विसिंग में दीप मोटर्स इलाहाबाद में कस्टमर के साथ कोई उचित सलाह नहीं दी जाती और ना ही बहुत अच्छा कार्य किया जाता है
Bought AMT for city driving comfort and also for once a month long drive. Not happy with Celerio's AMT - It gives lot of knocking compared to any AT car (maybe that's a problem with all AMTs). Also the shock absorbers of Celerio is not good to give you a comfortable drive, so it gives lot of jerks at back seat. The auto gear shift too takes lot of trouble when you really raise the car in case you are in a hurry and want to rush. e.g. if you raise it from 1st gear, it would go to 2nd gear probably when you cross 40 km/hr. So basically its not smart. But it a good vehicle for city driving.
For the beginers,daily commute, or female drivers just go to choose celerio is best car and k10 engine is insufficient power to drive in highway but in city driving power was adequate...inside the cabin plastics materials are average quality...if you go to top varient its features good..buy top varient model better (zxi (O))good thing is less maintenance, adequate cabin room for 5 passangers, comfort travelling, not much body rolling of passengers due to its shock observes good.
First i had marut 800. before upgrading to celerio i was considering between wagon r and celerio and i found celerio stable on high speen than wagon r. After 46000 km i can say that celerio made me happy with its fuel economy and high speed stability
good mileage and best cutting angle
I expect more mileage, And comfort is segment best relevant,body sheet thickness should be more thick. Overall as an owner of the car I 'm satisfy.
Most used cart taxi by me Ola and uber has a good number of celerio cng.Great for short commute for 4 eith minimal luggage. Thanks.
Ground clearance of car is too low not ok for off road
good Family Car maruti suzuki over all good
Maruti Celerio Expert Reviews
Maruti Suzuki Celerio : Detailed Review
Maruti's first indigenously developed diesel engine for India finds its way into the Celerio. With just two cylinders and 793cc, it’s the smallest and most efficient diesel car in India. Is the new entry to diesel motoring worth your money? We find outJun 19, 2015 | By Anand Mohan Photography: Preetam Bora
Long term report: Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel
The uber-efficient car that the Maruti Celerio diesel is, it spoils us with its unbelievably low running costsFeb 15, 2016 | By Team ZigWheels
Tata Tiago vs Maruti Celerio vs Hyundai i10 Petrol Comparison Review
How does the all-new Tata Tiago compare to its biggest rivals the Maruti Celerio and the Hyundai i10? Well read on to know more...Dec 7, 2015 | By Cyrus Dhabhar Photography: Eshan Shetty
Maruti Celerio Colours
Maruti Celerio Mileage
Maruti Celerio Service Cost
|Petrol (10 years)||Rs. 36,171|
|CNG (6 years)||Rs. 25,380|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 18,495|
Maruti Celerio News Updates
Hyundai Santro Vs Celerio vs WagonR vs Tiago vs GO: Spec Comparo
How does the new Hyundai Santro compare with the competition on paper?Oct 23, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki’s Auto Gear Shift Technology Reaches New Milestone
The carmaker has crossed the 3 lakh cumulative sale mark for cars equipped with Auto Gear Shift (AGS) techJun 1, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Announces Free Vehicle Health Check Camps For Fleet And Taxi Owners
Will be held at over 2000 Maruti Suzuki service centres across the country from May 10-25, 2018May 9, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels