Maruti Ignis Specifications
- Engine1197 CC
- Mileage 20.89 Kmpl
- TransmissionManual / Automatic
- Fuel TypePetrol
- Max Power81.80bhp@6000rpm
- Seating Capacity5
- Drive Type2WD
- Body TypeHatchback
Maruti Ignis Features
- Airbags (Driver and Passenger)
- Central Locking
- Power Steering
- Max Torque (113Nm@4200rpm)
Maruti Ignis Car Latest Updates
Global NCAP has tested the Maruti Ignis for safety, awarding the hatchback a one-star rating for adult occupant protection and zero stars for child safety. The Ignis was tested under the revised testing regime and its body shell was rated ‘unstable’.
Earlier, units of the Maruti Ignis produced between August 3 and September 1, 2022 were recalled after an issue in the rear brake assembly surfaced, causing the part to break, leading to an unusual sound and even reduced braking force in the long term. The inspection and replacement of the part, if needed, will be free of cost and will be undertaken at Maruti’s authorised workshops.
Features of Maruti Ignis
Maruti Ignis Engine
Maruti Ignis Rivals
Maruti Ignis Variants
The Ignis can be had in a total of four variant trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The AMT transmission is available in the Delta, Zeta and Alpha variants.
Maruti Ignis NCAP Rating
Download Brochure , Discover more!
Maruti Ignis PriceIgnis price in India starts at Rs. 5.84 Lakh for the base model and goes up to Rs. 8.16 Lakh for the Maruti Ignis top model. Apart from this Ignis automatic price start at Rs. 6.93 Lakh and is available in 2 options. Ignis comes in 7 variants with 10 colour options.
Price of Ignis Automatic and other Variants
20.89 Kmpl . Petrol . Manual
More than 2 months waiting
|Rs. 5.84 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View December Offers|
20.89 Kmpl . Petrol . Manual
More than 2 months waiting
|Rs. 6.38 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View December Offers|
Ignis Delta AMT
20.89 Kmpl . Petrol . Automatic
More than 2 months waiting
|Rs. 6.93 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View December Offers|
Maruti Ignis Pros and Cons
Quirky design, spacious interior, standard safety tech, peppy petrol motor, AMT gearbox
No diesel engine, polarising design, price
The Ignis is a great little quirky car that packs in a lot and will put a big smile on your face every time you see it in your garage. A smile big enough to justify that price.
Maruti Ignis Expert's Review
The diesel Ignis promises sensible Maruti values and low running costs with a healthy dose of modern-day appeal and thrills. How well does it balance the two flavours? Read Full Review
Maruti Ignis User Reviews
Iconic Streetfighter with Modern Upgrades
The Maruti Ignis is a compact car that impresses with its easy handling and efficient fuel economy. The infotainment system is good, featuring modern connectivity options. Its compact size makes it easy to handle in urban traffic, while the engine delivers good performance. The interior is very spacious, offering comfortable seating and user-friendly features. But the build quality could be changed, and some may find the exterior design a bit quirky. Overall, the Ignis 800 stands out as a reliable and affordable choice for those seeking a practical car.Share
Its a best car to drive as
Its a best car to drive as its confotabel but i dent liked is its mileage in hills its to low as i drive my car every day so for this mileage is a problem for me.Share
This car provides excellent comfort with the best air conditioning. It gives a mileage of 17 kilometers in the city and over 21 on the highway. The cost of servicing and maintenance is very low.Share
Maruti's Compact Crossover Lineup
Thanks to its swish appearance and useful features, the Maruti Ignis has come as a key feature of comfort and civic disquisition. Every drive is a dynamic and adaptable experience thanks to its fragile size and nimble running, and its important engine guarantees a smooth and operative interpretation on megacity thoroughfares. This engine satisfies my reason for both comfort and civic adventure because to its coincidental features and stoner friendly conveniences, which also give a useful aspect. In tours of both goddess and mileage, the Maruti Ignis has authentically come to represent civic disquisition and comfort, establishing new marks for what a true fragile agent is able of.Share
Unleash Your Urban Spirit with the Maruti Ignis
With the Maruti Ignis, unlock your civic side. This little crossover is aimed at providing a comfortable and fashionable driving experience. Every trip is pleasurable because of its satiny appearance and canny innards. authority and energy effectiveness are leveled by the Ignis' operative machines. To boost your sense of screen when driving, security rudiments have been appended. The Maruti Ignis is the stylish liberty if you want to add a gusto of fineness to your civic driving experience.With its handmade embellishments and plush interior, this automobile is a work of art. It also uses less petrol.Share
More Customer Reviews of Ignis
Maruti Ignis Images
- 13 more
Maruti Ignis Colours
Compare Ignis with Alternatives
|Rs.5.84 Lakh onwards||Rs. 4.26 Lakh onwards||Rs. 5.99 Lakh onwards||Rs. 5.54 Lakh onwards||Rs. 5.99 Lakh onwards|
|4.2 298 reviews||4.0 245 reviews||4.1 620 reviews||4.0 290 reviews||4.4 190 reviews|
|1197 CC||998 CC||1197 CC||998 - 1197 CC||1197 CC|
Maruti Ignis Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Claimed||User Reported
This is the real mileage given by maximum number of Ignis owners
|Petrol||Automatic||20.89 Kmpl||17 Kmpl|
|Petrol||Manual||20.89 Kmpl||18 Kmpl|
Maruti Ignis Videos
15 Dec, 20215466 views
Testing front wheel drive compact SUVs off road might sound absurd but the... read more
3 Apr, 2017765402 views
Maruti Suzuki Ignis - a car they say is made for the Generation Y. But when it... read more
22 Jan, 201736805 views
Is Maruti Suzuki's Ignis just another hatchback? The design promises more,... read more
21 Jan, 2017365583 views
Ignis - the car, Maruti Suzuki says, is made for the millennials. Small in... read more
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Ignis
- Most Relevant
- If you are planning to buy a new car on finance, then generally, a 20 to 25 percent down payment is required on the ex-showroom price of a car. However, exact confirmation regarding EMI, down payment, interest, loan period, and its procedure will be discussed by the bank or dealership only, as it depends upon individual eligibility. Click on the given link and select your city accordingly for the nearest authorized dealership details.
- The exchange of a vehicle would depend on certain factors such as kilometres driven, physical condition, number of owners, etc. For detailed information and availability of the exchange offers, we would request you to please connect with the nearest authorized dealership as the offers may vary. Click on the given link and select your city accordingly for dealership details.
- Maruti Ignis has a boot space of 260 L.
- No, Maruti Ignis Zeta does not feature LED DRLs.
- The rear camera comes in the Maruti Ignis' Alpha variant and above.
- Selecting between the Maruti Ignis and Maruti Celerio would depend on certain factors such as your budget, preference of the segment, usage of the car, features required, etc. The Maruti Ignis is bright aqua blue on the diesel Ignis makes sure people take notice. Second, the all-LED projector headlamps with daytime running lamps. The DRLs shine brightly even under the harsh noon sun. The Ignis, especially in its Alpha trim, the headlamps are pretty much the only thing that differentiates the Zeta variant visually from the top-spec Alpha you see in the pictures. Everything else, including the black-finished 15-inch alloy wheels, the quirky tail and the one-piece grille with a chrome lipstick remain as is. The other subtle pointers are puddle lamps (placed under the wing mirrors) and the inclusion of a rear-view camera. On the other hand, The 2021 Celerio is based on the same HEARTECT platform as the Ignis and the Wagon R, but when it comes to styling, it takes a middle ground where it isn't as utilitarian as the Wagon R or as quirky as the Ignis. Overall, this car looks well balanced from most angles and is pleasing to the eye. When you compare it to the old Celerio it also has more muscle which lends it more road presence and character. When it comes to size, the new Celerio is slightly longer and wider than the Wagon R but in terms of height, it is slightly shorter because of which it doesn't look as big as its sibling. The Celerio is powered by a 1-litre three-cylinder petrol engine which is similar to the old car but Maruti has made significant changes to improve power and efficiency. It now gets a new engine block, head and in fact, this motor is a smaller version of the Swift’s 1.2 litres Dualjet unit. It is a high-tech motor with dual injectors and variable valve timing, produces 68PS and 89Nm, and is paired to either a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox. Moreover, we would suggest you to take a test drive before making the final decision. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership details.
Maruti Ignis Car News Updates
Maruti Ignis FAQs
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Maruti Suzuki Ignis is 8.16 Lakh (Delhi).
The ARAI claimed mileage of Maruti Suzuki Ignis is 20.89 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Ignis.
The EMI for the base variant of Maruti Suzuki Ignis in Delhi is Rs. 11,297 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
The boot space in Maruti Suzuki Ignis is 260 L. View full specification of Ignis
Maruti Ignis Road Tests
Maruti Ignis Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 26,214|