KTM 390 Duke User Reviews

3.6/5

Preferred For : Daily Commute & Tours

Airgun Wala
Airgun Wala 3.8 1 Oct 2020

I am using this bike for only one thing, thrill. I will not talk about the other aspects, like heating, heaviness on the handle, etc. All I will recommend is that if you are someone new and starting out for the first time please rethink your investment in the 390 , this is a very powerful machine. My idea of thrill is to go out twice a week with full gear and go racing around the city. the reason i do this is my limitations to go out on the highway as I don't make much time. I say my prayers each time I gear up because only I know how I ride, that being said the 390 is a beast and it's hard to tame for even experienced riders. I don't promote what I am doing but I want to share this especially with new riders.

Uses this bike for : Leisure Rides
Vikas Vikas
Vikas Vikas 4.2 19 Dec 2019

it is great for this price range and you cannot expect naked bikes with such low weights in this price segment. it's mileage is average because it is kind of a street race bike. the console you get on this bike cannot be given by another company. but it's price range is bit high for middle class people. you cannot expect best seat comfort in a race bike but the riders seat is above average it has compact space and it wont be fit for fat people both in seat and looks. the pillion seat is not so comfortable. it has trellis frame and the console has Bluetooth connectivity. you can research in YouTube for more information like max speed test and mileage test etc.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Predator Achal
Predator Achal 5.0 28 Jun 2020

First of all let me start with how smooth the bs6 390 engine is. It's super smooth compared to bs4 and an absolute heaven when compared to bs3. The underbelly exhaust took care of the heating problem pretty well. It's only your left foot that will get somewhat toasty that too in heavy traffic and your not moving. And with quickshifter I believe there's a common problem with the throttle regulator, to be frank it doesn't work that good🤦. Mileage shouldn't be your criteria if you are planning for 390, for me it gives about 26 to 28 on highway and 22ish in the city. The new colour scheme is a killer grey and black and white is good too.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Daily Commute | Occasional Commute
Manu Ramesh
Manu Ramesh 4.2 15 Feb 2021

Excellent bike as performace is top notch.Have very good accelaration and bike will move as rocket as you twist the wrist.Do not recomend for a beginer rider.Very good for the long ride as well.Though wife complained of hard seats afetr 850km done in one day, I didnt feel a thing.Rider seats are much softer and wider than the pillion.Mainatance can get pretty expensive when need to chagne the parts and need stock original products ex: tyres!! rims will get bent in every 15k km lol, Chain and sprocket extras.Even after all this till date i am enjoying each day my bike.Adrenaline rush.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Daily Commute
Prixit Kumar
Prixit Kumar 4.6 25 Jan 2021

Superb bike q: should you buy one? a: absolutely.You see, The ineffective quickshifter does not change the fact that the 390 duke is still a great motorcycle.You can still change gears the traditional way.The quickshifter on the 390 duke is just a bragging right as none of the motorcycles in its segment has one.Heck, The next motorcycle to come with a bi-directional quickshifter is its own big, Mad cousin, The 790 duke! in any case, While a quickshifter is a nifty thing to have on the race track, It usually isn’t a make or break factor when buying a motorcycle in this class.

Uses this bike for : Leisure Rides
Rajat Sudan
Rajat Sudan 4.6 30 Oct 2018

I wanted a motorcycle with capabilities of both a commuter and tourer. Also I needed a bike that has good ergonomics, and is equipped with latest features and technologies and is in my budget.KTM Duke 390 2017 was everything above and more. In this price tag, you cannot ask for more. The incredible power that you can feel even shifting from 5th to 6th gear, to the smoothness of the ride, exceptional handling and ergonomics, light weight, Twin mode ABS, digital instrument cluster, ride-by-wire, saddle height, ground clearance, endurance to keep going for 100s of kms with same performance. Everything is top notch. You can have some bikes having better features in some areas, but to get so many in just 1 bike and this price, was exceptional.The only Con I can think of, is its capability to handle very low speeds (in 1st n 2nd gears), and hardness of seat(which u will get used to after a while).

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Drupath S
Drupath S 4.6 29 Sep 2020

Pros: Performance is mind boggling, no comparison here. Front brakes are superb. Good handling. Tons of features. Parts are cheap and easy to maintain.Cons: Stiff suspension, so not suitable for bad roads, the ride is not so smooth at lower RPMs, also the bike is vibey at some RPMs. Build quality is not that great

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides
Shashank Basavaraj
Shashank Bas.. 4.2 16 Aug 2019

city mileage is around 18-20kmpl. highway 24kmpl. no words to explain the thrilling performance. braking system is just amazing. daily city commuting would be expensive and difficult. king of long rides. "riders paradise"few problems are sticked along with this model. maintenance cost and servicing is expensive.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Deeptikant Yashi
Deeptikant Y.. 3.4 31 Dec 2018

most difficult to use in Delhi heat, ECU failure due extreme heating is very common, needs to be kept moving to avoid the same at least in second gear,high reving engine so keeps the rider engaged, very nimble due light weight however due same character needs extra rider weight on the front end.. very fast and nimble but tiring for the rider.The TFT is awesome, one major issue with the bike is screeching metallic noise from the front brakes upon hard braking, KTM does not have a answer for the sameMaint. Cost is very reasonable but frequent replacements are required..

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Abhit Sankhe
Abhit Sankhe 5.0 7 Feb 2020

I love this bike for what kind and performance it provides for a price and with blend of comfort which is enough for me I enjoy that quick responsive engine which makes me feel alive and I just enjoy everytime I ride because it does what I think in no time

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute