Maruti Swift Latest Updates
Maruti Suzuki has launched a mid-life update of the Swift in Japan that gets subtle updates inside and out. It is powered by a 1.2-litre Dualjet petrol that produces 91PS and 118Nm. Expect the India-spec itearation to launch by the end of this year at a slight premium.
The carmaker has also silently discontinued the diesel variants of the Swift hatchback. The 1.3-litre engine that developed 75PS won’t be upgraded to meet BS6 emission standards. The Maruti Suzuki Swift will only be available with a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol engine that develops 83PS of power and 113Nm of torque from here on. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual gearbox and 5-speed AMT.
The Swift is Maruti’s sporty little hatchback priced from Rs 5.19 lakh (ex-showroom). It has been a popular model with a loyal fanbase in the Indian market. It is being retailed through the carmaker’s Arena outlet.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is available in four variants: LXI, VXI, ZXI, ZXI+. Colour options on offer are red, white, silver, grey, blue and orange.
Maruti Swift Competitors
The Maruti Suzuki Swift rivals the Ford Figo, Hyundai Grand i10, and the Grand i10 Nios.
5 Offers Available
Maruti Swift Summary
|Engine :||1197 cc|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||21 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol|
|Transmission :||manual / automatic|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Ground Clearance (Unladen) :||163mm|
|Gear Box :||5|
|Fuel Capacity :||37 Liters|
|Minimum Turning Radius :||4.8 Meters|
|Length Width Height :||3840*1735*1530|
|Rear Shoulder Room :||1265mm|
|Boot Space :||268|
Maruti Swift Price
The price of Maruti Swift starts at Rs. 5.19 lakh and goes upto Rs. 8.02 lakh. The price of petrol variant of Swift ranges between Rs. 5.19 lakh to Rs. 8.02 lakh. Maruti Swift is available in 7 variants and 6 different colours.
- Petrol (7 Variants)
Maruti Swift Price List in India
Maruti Swift News Updates
Take Home A Maruti Suzuki Swift And Start Paying After Two Months
The carmaker has tied up with Cholamandalam Investment And Finance Company for the schemeMay 22, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel Discontinued In India
Maruti Suzuki has silently updated the Swift with the upgraded Smartplay Studio infotainment systemApr 17, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Is The Swift Sport Headed Our Way?
Well, we can’t say for sure. But, it’s been spied on our roads!Apr 8, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
EXCLUSIVE: Maruti Suzuki Swift Could Get BS6 1.2-litre Dualjet Petrol Engine
The specifications are likely to be similar to the recently launched facelifted DzireMar 24, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
The Maruti Swift Hybrid Claims 32kmpl Fuel Efficiency!
Maruti has paired the 48V ‘Strong Hybrid’ system to its 1.2-litre petrol engineFeb 5, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Will India Ever Get Something Like This Beastly Swift Extreme Concept?
The Extreme Concept features major revisions to the Swift’s design. However, it’s technical specifications are yet to be revealedDec 10, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Editor's View of Maruti Swift
Enthusiasts car, without compromising on space, practicality and efficiency. Automatic transmission (AMT) offered with both petrol and diesel engines. Nicely loaded with features.
Ride is on the stiffer side. No AMT with the top-end Z+ variants. Wow features like LED headlights, DRLs, Smartplay infotainment system and automatic climate control, limited to Z+ variants.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is back to its sporty roots, with the chassis tuned for handling than outright comfort. It is a big improvement on the old car but it's not quite the all-rounder it once was.
Maruti Swift Videos
Top Competitors of Swift
Rs. 5.64 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 4.60 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 4.89 lakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Rs. 5.05 lakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Elite i20
Rs. 5.60 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 5.89 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 5.29 lakhCompare with Swift
Maruti Wagon R
Rs. 4.46 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 3.71 lakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 5.90 lakhCompare with Swift
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Swift
- There are ample of options available in this budget such as Renault KWID, Maruti Alto K10, Maruti Celerio, Tata Tiago etc. As new car purchase would depend on a lot of factors like budget, segment or brand preference, transmission, fuel type, specific feature requirement etc. Hence, we request you to share your inputs so that we can assist you in right direction. Click on the link to check out these options: https://bit.ly/2KHvmMh If you are traveling less than 50-60km a day, opt for a petrol car instead of a diesel. With the extra Rs 1-1.50 lakh spent on a diesel purchase, you can actually drive a similar petrol car for as many as two years! So, do your math carefully. A diesel usually makes sense if you are driving above 60/70km a day. If you'll be driving more in heavy city traffic then we suggest you to opt for Automated Manual Transmission(AMT) which are easier to use and more comfortable for the driver, while Manual Transmission vehicles are less expensive more involved & are more fun to drive on highways.
- Travel in metro or bus it would be safer don't get me wrong but 5 lakhs plz try to save for some more time and buy tata Tiago petrol nothing wrong in waiting some more time rather than buying a scrap which is good for nothing so wait for some time and buy your car you have to keep it for almost 5-6 years mini so don't buy anything randomly
- Swift is the best choice if you can extend the budget a bit. Else wagonR, Kwid and Tiago can be considered. (I have given in my order of preference). If you ask me, I would go with wagonR anytime because it's reliable, comfortable to drive and is a no nonsense choice.
- Both of there hatchbacks are not natural rivals, since Baleno is the bigger hatchback, prices of some variants of these cars overlap. And so, there is bound to be some confusion when shopping for a premium Maruti hatchback. The personalized Swift LDi delivers more value for someone who can’t spend beyond Rs 8.5 lakh. If you see the incremental cost of the Swift ZDi over the Swift VDi, buying the ZDi makes more sense. But there’s the Baleno Zeta as well that costs around Rs 30,000 more than the Swift ZDi and brings more value to the table with additional features like telescopic steering and auto dimming IRVM. Buyers with a Rs 9 lakh spending capacity should, therefore, go for the Baleno Zeta over Swift ZDi. The Baleno Zeta is approximately Rs 55,000 cheaper than the Swift ZDi+, which gets LED headlamps with DRLs and Smartplay infotainment system with rear parking camera that the Baleno Zeta doesn’t get. There are some features that the Baleno Zeta gets and the Swift ZDi+ doesn’t get, like auto dimming IRVM, telescopic steering, UV-cut glass, front armrest and follow-me-home headlamps. The fact is, most of these features can’t be fitted onto the Swift ZDi+ while you can have the Smartplay infotainment system with a parking camera that the Swift ZDi+ gets fitted in the Baleno Zeta.For more companion Please click the below link Maruti Baleno vs Maruti Swift Comparison: - https://www.zigwheels.com/compare-cars/maruti-suzuki-baleno-vs-maruti-suzuki-swift
- It is different segment altogether. So if you are looking for more space, more features and a premium feel to the same engine then go for Baleno without any doubts. But swift is a daily commuter for crowded city like Mumbai and is dynamic in performance
- Both are from same well known Brand Maruti Suzuki,but baleno is being sold by Maruti's premium section NEXA and swift is being sold by Maruti dealer,baleno is little bit more premium as compare to swift but swift is always have been first choice of youngsters,and still looks more attrative than baleno.both cars have same engine specifications related to power,but in budget its differs alot,baleno is little bit more costly compare to swift.
- I am not asking about technologies, AMT, CVT, DCT etc...I am asking about the actual driving experience of automatic transmission of cars available in India. Kindly submit specific answers otherwise don't cut and paste from Google. I want to know about automatic transmission of available cars test drived to tell which is better. I am not interested in other features of the car. The mere experience of driving automatically is to be road tested and accordingly the best car be suggested.
- The Swift Z is a complete modern-day car. While there are feel-good features like leather on the steering wheel, a start/stop button and tweeters, the list of useful features is actually a lot longer. Features like parking sensors, auto climate control, rear defogger and wiper/washer, electrically-adjustable ORVMs, etc, promise to make your everyday commute in this car all the more easy and enjoyable. A set of alloy wheels and the option of an AMT means this variant will tick all boxes for those who don’t want their car to be too flamboyant on the outside. Those who’re interested in buying the lower variants, we’d go to the extent to ask you to try to stretch your budget and go for the Swift Z variant.
- Depend on the number of features you want and the budget that you have. In my opinion the rivals are currently better than Swift in the price range. Also the safety of Maruti cars is not up to mark. The body panels are thinner than all of the rivals. Still if you want to go for a Swift. Go for the ZXI model as it has all the creature comforts.
- Kia Sonnet or kia seltos either petrol or diesel, without embedded SIM for internet connectivity.Dont buy a connected car .it will draw more power
- The ARAI claimed mileage of Swift is 21.21 kmpl .||
- Why do you want the car?
- Maruti Swift is only available in petrol fuel type engine. There is no option for a company fitted CNG kit. Also, if wish to get CNG then it is always recommended to get the CNG kit fitted from the authorized service center so that you can avail the warranty services as well. If you get it installed from some other sources, then it may hamper your warranty. On the other hand, please make sure that the CNG kit that you are installing is RTO approved to avoid future troublesome. We suggest you to get in touch with the authorized service center to know the nitty-gritty of the fittings as they will be the best people to suggest you the compatible CNG kit for your car with mileage figures. However, the downside is that you would loose out on the boot space & you have to sacrifice with the power to get more fuel economy.
- 30 plus kms per litre....if you fill worth 400rs you can run about 256kms on high range!!!
- 30 km per kg
- Don't get the i20 right now as the new Gen i20 will be launching soon , about the Other Maruti cars, you can opt for the Swift . Get the Tata Altroz instead of Baleno&Dzire
- In General, maruti cars are ridiculed as tin can cars, go for i 20, which offers best build quality, reliable, safe & trustworthy plus dependable, affordable service.
- Performance and overall life of car with consistent performance and smooth j**k free driving is i20.Rest all are adjustments .
Maruti Swift User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.9/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
38% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
The first gen swift is considered as one of the most fun to drive hatchbacks in India . My swift , dispite being a diesel, is no exception . It handles great, has a punchy mid range and decent braking too. The things which it misses-out on are most of the creature comforts which are found even in much cheaper car today. My Swift is a 2011 model year and still, the feature list dates back to the 90's.I still love the car as it has a soul, a happy and energetic nature which is hard to find in cars now-a-days !
The swift is an most conveniante an best handling car for the beginers.. It offers more features like push button start, automatic climate control, touchscreen infotainment system and also provides an fun to drive experience to its owners, the millege is phenomenal in this segment I think bcoz it offers 24km millege in highway. Overall it satisfies the all things for beginners. And safety features also implemented in this car ex...ABS, EBD, airbags such I preety excited about this factors of my swift
1. Its a family vehicle. good for city drives. comfy till an extend for a long trips... have traveled a maximum of 9000 km in a strech. 2. the best thing is that it is easy to maintain.. the maintenance cost is low.. everything stays within the budget.3. the negative side is the lag.. seats and the steering wheel.4. mileage is good....pickup for that segment is easy-to-go.....build quality is baad..... no vibrations till 110-120 kmph.... features are also okay.5. after sale value is high...
Low cost maintenance , comfortable for a city use ,Martina services and supports excellent .Parts are readily available.Low cost maintenance , comfortable for a city use.
Not comfortable and not spacious for back seat passengers. I drive only for weekend trips or long trips on highway feel low power or on hills face alot of problem with it compare to my friends Hyundai grand i10 his car performs well and also looks small in size but spacious and have all features like stearing mounted controls and abs all disc brakes and engine performance like pickup and average also so good compare to my swift in all way worth it car.
Fantastic handling...smooth experience while driving... good average....
i am using swift VDI from 2012. I feel the car performance , maintenance and driving is good . I enjoy driving being in driver seat . cons > - i feel only four adults can accommodate in that car.- ingress /egress in the back seat is horrible; elders will never like it .- Air con is bad; it is just adequate for the front row .. during the peak summer you feel it is not at all sufficient .. - driver seat is not fully ergonomics for people above 5.2
I like maruti swift car so much
my maruti shifts sweethappy could have very good
we need the air bag in all seats...
Maruti Swift Expert Reviews
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift: Petrol Hatch Comparison
The Nios is the latest entrant in the midsize hatchback segment. While it promises more in terms of cabin experience and features, can it be as exciting as the quintessential Swift?Oct 18, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift: First Drive Review
We drive the all-new, third-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift to find out if this immensely popular car has become even better.Jan 20, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Swift Images
Maruti Swift Colours
Solid Fire Red
Prime Lucent Orange
Pearl Arctic White
Maruti Swift Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 20,545|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 28,902|
Maruti Swift Offers
OfferSwift VXI offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 14 May-31 May
OfferSwift AMT ZXI Plus offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 14 May-31 May