Specifications Summary of Maruti Swift
|Mileage (ARAI) kmpl :||22 Kmpl to 28 Kmpl|
|Gear Box :||5|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol / Diesel|
|Transmission :||Automatic / Manual|
|Length Width Height :||3840*1735*1530|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Rear Shoulder Room :||1265mm|
|Boot Space :||268|
Maruti Swift Highlights
Maruti Swift Price: Maruti Swift prices start at Rs. 5.14 lakh for petrol and goes upto Rs. 7.97 lakh. The prices of Swift diesel variants start at Rs. 6.98 lakh and the top-end diesel is priced at Rs. 8.84 lakh. Maruti Swift is available in 13 variants and 6 colours.
Swift Engine and Specifications: The Swift carries over its tried-and-tested 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines. There’s no difference in power output either - the petrol makes 84PS and 114Nm whereas the diesel makes 75PS and 190Nm. What is new, however, is the fact that the Swift now gets an automated manual transmission both with the petrol and diesel engines. We loved thrashing the petrol Swift around; the thrummy, peppy engine can ensure quite a lot of giggles. The diesel, although not as much fun as the petrol, feels at home doing daily chores as well as weekend runs. We’ve road tested the diesel manual and automatic versions, and they proved to be a nice balance of frugal and fun. The manual took 12.38 seconds to hit 100kmph, whereas the automatic was over a second and a half slower at 14.06 seconds. In terms of efficiency, the manual returned an amazing 19.74kmpl (city) and 27.38kmpl (highway). The AMT nearly matched the efficiency inside the city at 19.27kmpl, but was less efficient on the highway, delivering 22.21kmpl.
Maruti Swift Variants
Since safety features are standard across the range, the (O) variants from the earlier generation have been given the boot. A new Z+ variant has been added to the lineup that includes the L, V and Z variants - taking the total to four. In our books, it’s the Z variant that gives you the most bang for buck. If you want the Swift on a tighter budget, we’d recommend buying the L variant and sprucing it up with some accessories.
Swift Exterior and Interior
When India’s favourite hatch gets an update, everyone’s looking forward to something great, and yet expecting not much to change. You see, this paradox exists because the styling of the Swift is among the key reasons it’s loved so much. And with the third-generation, Maruti Suzuki hasn’t disappointed. The super short overhangs, blacked out A-pillar and the sloping roof are all trademark Swift elements. It’s become a whole lot more modern in other ways, though. It now packs in full-LED projector headlamps, all-LED tail amps and two-tone alloy wheels. Did we mention the rear door handle has now been moved to the C-pillar?
The cabin of the new Swift is genuinely surprising. If you assumed it’s a Swift, ergo it won’t have space - you’d be terribly mistaken. Two six-footers can sit behind each other quite comfortably. The cabin still isn’t wide enough to seat three people in the rear bench, though. Boot space too is now better at 268 litres. In terms of features, it packs in quite a lot including automatic climate control, a reverse camera, a touchscreen infotainment system with Android auto and Apple CarPlay and a six-speaker audio system. You also get helpful features such as height adjust for the driver’s seat, keyless entry and push button start. As far as safety is concerned, whether you pick the base-spec L variant or the top-spec Z+, you get dual airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat mounts as standard.
Maruti Swift Competitors
KUV100: The Mahindra KUV100 is the only other SUV-like hatchback in this segment and the only direct rival to the Ignis. Its funky design, fuel-efficient diesel engine and high equipment levels make it a compelling buy, while things like higher engine noise and excessive body roll make it less desirable.
Hyundai Grand i10 : The mid-sized hatchback from Hyundai has been given a refresh to keep up with the Ignis. The Hyundai Grand i10 offers a premium interior feel, efficient but peppy diesel engine, fun to drive characteristics and class-leading interior space without burning a hole in your pocket.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis: It looks quirky, but that’s pretty much the only problem with it. Otherwise it’s a nimble little hatch that can be quite fun to drive too.
Ford Figo : Ford’s fiesty little hatchback does a whole lot right. It’s easy to drive, reasonably efficient and in some ways, fun too. We wish the interiors were slightly roomier and offered better quality. It’s one of those underrated hatchbacks that sadly slip under the buyer’s radar.
The Swift is fun, economical, spacious and has a personality too. If you can’t be bothered researching and want a hatchback that's fun and can do a bit of everything, head over to the Maruti showroom. Be prepared to wait a while before you actually get one, though.
Maruti Swift Variants Price List
Maruti Swift Latest Updates
Maruti Suzuki has dropped the prices of various models in India by Rs 5,000. The price reduction is made possible by the government's recent reduction of corporate tax. All the variants of Swift diesel are also subject to the price cut.
Maruti has updated the Swift to the latest BS6 norms. It also gets safety updates to make it compliant with the upcoming crash test and safety norms. The Swift gets the BS6 update to its 1.2-litre petrol motor only as the diesel variant will be axed soon. The 1.2-litre K12B is the same engine that’s found in the Baleno hatchback. While the power and torque figures remain the same, the fuel efficiency has seen a slight dip and now returns 21.4 kmpl as compared to the 22 kmpl figure in the BS4 variant. The Swift also gets safety updates with all variants get dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, driver and co-driver seatbelt warning and high speed alert as standard. These updates have also increased the prices of the Swift by Rs 4,000 to Rs 17,000 depending on the variant you pick.
Top Competitors of Swift
Rs. 3.69 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 5.59 lakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Elite i20
Rs. 5.53 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 4.40 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 4.74 lakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Rs. 5.00 lakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 5.83 lakhCompare with Swift
Maruti Wagon R
Rs. 4.34 lakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 5.79 lakhCompare with Swift
Editor's View of Maruti Swift
Enthusiasts car, without compromising on space, practicality and efficiency. Automatic transmission (AMT) offered with both petrol and diesel engines. Nicely loaded with features.
Ride is on the stiffer side. No AMT with the top-end Z+ variants. Wow features like LED headlights, DRLs, Smartplay infotainment system and automatic climate control, limited to Z+ variants.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is back to its sporty roots, with the chassis tuned for handling than outright comfort. It is a big improvement on the old car but it's not quite the all-rounder it once was.
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Swift
- It depends on you if you want small boot and small car for easy driving go for swift if you need a big one with enough boot space go for Dzire if its diesel more maintenance it's a bit pricey than petrol carand adds on more weight than a petrol carif its petrol less maintenance less cost than a diesel carless weight more power but you should afford petrolits expensive a bit than diesel : By Dilip | 2 months ago
- Performance of diesel car is always best. However swift or swift dzire is your choice. Both have same technical specifications. There are only two variations. First is the looks of car, as one is hatchback amd other is sedan. Other difference is stability at top speed. I have driven swift at a top speed of 175 while dzire upto 183. Dzire was little more stable. : By Updates | 3 months ago
- Even though both swift and the dzire share the same engine, the swift is more sportier to ride. and petrols engines are more powerful in the low end RPMs and petrol engines are far more refined than diesel engine and petrol engines are much quieter than diesel engines. so, go for Swift petrol : By CHIRAG | 1 month ago
- Yes new swift is the best car in the segment but swift falls on NCAP crash test and scores only 2 stars on safety. Maruti Swift interior quality is not best in its class, poor rear glass area and not much airy, falls on safety features, light weight, build quality is not best in its class. If you want good mileage, after sales and service, space and comfort, low maintenance cost, good resale value and value for money than go for swift. Buy 1.2 litre petrol ZXI. : By Vineet | 4 months ago
- We Indian doesn't bother about safety rating and crash test rating..... just we will see mileage and feature...den we die instantly in the car... : By Love | 1 month ago
- In my opinion other cars have more features and good performance like grand i10 : By Gourav | 1 month ago
- The Swift carries over its tried-and-tested 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines. The petrol makes 84PS and 114Nm whereas the diesel makes 75PS and 190Nm. The Swift now gets an automated manual transmission both with the petrol and diesel engines. The thrummy, peppy petrol engine can ensure quite a lot of giggles. The diesel, although not as much fun as the petrol, feels at home doing daily chores as well as weekend runs. We’ve road tested the diesel manual and automatic versions, and they proved to be a nice balance of frugal and fun. The manual took 12.38 seconds to hit 100kmph, whereas the automatic was over a second and a half slower at 14.06 seconds. In terms of efficiency, the manual returned an amazing 19.74kmpl (city) and 27.38kmpl (highway). The AMT nearly matched the efficiency inside the city at 19.27kmpl, but was less efficient on the highway, delivering 22.21kmpl. The Swift is fun, economical, spacious and has a personality too. If you can’t be bothered researching and want a hatchback that does a bit of everything, head over to the Maruti showroom. Be prepared to wait a while before you actually get one, though. Read more: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift: First Drive Review - https://bit.ly/2tPtvgh : By Zigwheels | 1 year ago
- The performance is very good due to the awesome chassis. coming to mileage you can get 22-25 in the highways if you maintain between 80-100 speeds. and you can get 17-19 even of you do speeds of about 120-150 : By CHIRAG | 3 months ago
- Swift petrol engine is well refined. I got the opportunity to drive the 2018 version. It is classy. But again ground clearance and back seat space is a bit cramped.Mileage is 16KMPL in city with full AC. And i am sure it will give more i.e 3-4 KMPL more on Highways! : By Naveen | 1 year ago
- If used in controlled driving conditions : By Jvr | 2 months ago
- Nope : By Love | 1 month ago
- Yes : By Satyanarayan | 1 month ago
- No : By Nirupam | 1 week ago
- No : By Varun | 2 months ago
- No : By Satyanarayan | 1 month ago
- According to me, the best engine oil for Maruti Swift is Divyol. Divyol provides high quality 5w30 & 20W50 car engine oils....I have been personally usimg Divyol Engine Oil for last 6 months...........its amazing as well as pocket friendly..... : By Abhijit | 1 month ago
- According to me, the best engine oil for maruti swift is Divyol......Divyol provides high quality 5w30 & 20W50 car engine oils.I have personally using it since last 6 months.......... : By Abhijit | 1 month ago
- Don't worry, Maruti use it in their own agenda... : By Satyanarayan | 1 month ago
- The Swift is not that great for speeds. The nios is a bit Smaller than the liva, so liva is the best choice : By Shri | 2 days ago
- Toyota Etios Liva : By Neeraj | 1 month ago
- Hyundai i10 : By Ranjan | 1 month ago
- Exchange of a car would depend on certain factors like brand, model, physical condition, kilometers driven, no. of owners and many more. In order to check for exchange offers and value, we recommend you to get in touch with nearby dealership - Car Showrooms : By Zigwheels | 1 week ago
- If you change only the engine oil then aprox. 2500 to 2700 per 10,000 km. : By Amitabh | 1 week ago
- 4000 yearly but once in 40000kms / 4 years the service cost is 8000 : By Prog | 1 week ago
- 20000 approximately : By Veeraraghavan | 1 week ago
- You have to tame a test drive in both models. because comfort also depends on your body need. : By P | 1 week ago
- No. Swift has better suspension than IGNIS. : By Ayan | 1 month ago
- Yes, definitely ignis is more comfortable and stylish than swift : By Vic | 6 months ago
- For any add on feature, we would suggest you walk into the nearest service centres as they will be better people to assist you. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest service centres and selecting your city accordingly - Service centre. : By Zigwheels | 1 week ago
- Actually, for LXI variant, power windows is only there for Front Doors..., If you need power windows for all the doors, go for middle variant - VXI : By Rajakumaran | 1 week ago
- They are two different type of automobiles, Swift is a hatch back where as S-Cross is a cross over form hatch back to a SUV.Although both are 1300 cc the S- cross has an edge over Swift in terms of looks, power, suspension etc.,I would place a S- Cross a better car as compared to Swift. : By Shivraj | 1 week ago
Maruti Swift Images
Maruti Swift User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.9/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
40% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
The swift is an most conveniante an best handling car for the beginers.. It offers more features like push button start, automatic climate control, touchscreen infotainment system and also provides an fun to drive experience to its owners, the millege is phenomenal in this segment I think bcoz it offers 24km millege in highway. Overall it satisfies the all things for beginners. And safety features also implemented in this car ex...ABS, EBD, airbags such I preety excited about this factors of my swift
Not comfortable and not spacious for back seat passengers. I drive only for weekend trips or long trips on highway feel low power or on hills face alot of problem with it compare to my friends Hyundai grand i10 his car performs well and also looks small in size but spacious and have all features like stearing mounted controls and abs all disc brakes and engine performance like pickup and average also so good compare to my swift in all way worth it car.
I purchased new hyundai venue before a week and i was wishing to exchange my 2 years old maruti swift with itself. But after 1 week of driving experience of hyundai venue i realise that it doesn't meets the standard of maruti swift.
Low cost maintenance , comfortable for a city use ,Martina services and supports excellent .Parts are readily available.Low cost maintenance , comfortable for a city use.
Swift is a very good car and good power petrol engine and smooth gear shifting and a good legroom and space anvailable in car at any place Swift feels powerful joshily car and a good car with great mileage and low maintenance cost and good resale value
Nice car with good performance
value for money and good family car without any maintenance cost.
I started loving the model since 2009 when I drove a swift. The power, style and overall it is a nice and macho car.
I drove the top Diesel version, must say, it's powerful enough.the pick up is amazing, hardly needed to accelerate.on of the best I've driven.
ek noooo gadi he maruti suzuki swift dzire
Maruti Swift Expert Reviews
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift: Petrol Hatch Comparison
The Nios is the latest entrant in the midsize hatchback segment. While it promises more in terms of cabin experience and features, can it be as exciting as the quintessential Swift?Oct 18, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift: First Drive Review
We drive the all-new, third-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift to find out if this immensely popular car has become even better.Jan 20, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Swift Colours
Solid Fire Red
Prime Lucent Orange
Pearl Arctic White
Maruti Swift VideosAll Swift Videos
Maruti Swift Mileage
Maruti Swift Service Cost
|Petrol (6 years)||Rs. 18,391|
|Diesel (6 years)||Rs. 26,900|
Maruti Swift Offers
OfferSwift ZDI Plus offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 11 Nov-30 Nov
OfferSwift AMT ZXI offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 11 Nov-30 Nov
Maruti Swift News Updates
Maruti Suzuki Offers 5-year Warranty On Swift, Dzire, S-Cross and Vitara Brezza
Only diesel variants get the attractive warranty program!Aug 20, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Swift And WagonR Get BS6 Engines And Safety Updates
The new updates on both cars are accompanied by a bump up in pricingJun 15, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2019 Ford Figo Facelift Vs Competition: Specifications Comparison
Can the Ford Figo break through the glass ceiling in its highly competitive segment? Let’s take a comparative look at the specifications and features it has against the two popular competitors and find outMar 15, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels