Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti Swift is a 5 seater hatchback car available at a price range of Rs. 5.19 Lakh to 8.02 Lakh in India. It is available in 7 variants and 6 colours. Maruti Swift comes with BS6 compliant petrol engine only. The Swift has a boot space of 268 litres while it's ground clearance is 163mm. The petrol engine of Swift is a 1197cc unit which generates a power of 81.80bhp and a torque of 113nm. The Swift is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic. The mileage of Swift is 21.21kmpl.
Maruti Swift Latest Updates
Maruti Suzuki has launched a mid-life update of the Swift in Japan that gets subtle updates inside and out. It is powered by a 1.2-litre Dualjet petrol that produces 91PS and 118Nm. Expect the India-spec itearation to launch by the end of this year at a slight premium.
The carmaker has also silently discontinued the diesel variants of the Swift hatchback. The 1.3-litre engine that developed 75PS won’t be upgraded to meet BS6 emission standards. The Maruti Suzuki Swift will only be available with a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol engine that develops 83PS of power and 113Nm of torque from here on. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual gearbox and 5-speed AMT.
The Swift is Maruti’s sporty little hatchback priced from Rs 5.19 lakh (ex-showroom). It has been a popular model with a loyal fanbase in the Indian market. It is being retailed through the carmaker’s Arena outlet.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is available in four variants: LXI, VXI, ZXI, ZXI+. Colour options on offer are red, white, silver, grey, blue and orange.
Maruti Swift Competitors
The Maruti Suzuki Swift rivals the Ford Figo, Hyundai Grand i10, and the Grand i10 Nios.
6 Offers Available
Maruti Swift Summary
|Engine :||1197 CC|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||21.21 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol|
|Transmission :||manual / automatic|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Ground Clearance (Unladen) :||163mm|
|Gear Box :||5|
|Fuel Capacity :||37 Liters|
|Minimum Turning Radius :||4.8 Meters|
|Length Width Height :||3840*1735*1530|
|Rear Shoulder Room :||1265mm|
|Boot Space :||268|
Maruti Swift Price
The price of Maruti Swift starts at Rs. 5.19 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 8.02 Lakh. The price of petrol variant of Swift ranges between Rs. 5.19 Lakh to Rs. 8.02 Lakh. Maruti Swift is available in 7 variants and 6 different colours.
- Petrol (7 Variants) |
- Manual (4 Variants)
- Automatic (3 Variants)
Maruti Swift Price List in India
Maruti Swift News Updates
Maruti Suzuki Introduces Loyalty Rewards Program
It is applicable to all its Nexa, Arena and True Value customersJun 25, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Auto Premier League Round 2: Car Winners Announced!
Winners from Round 2 will now proceed to the final roundJun 13, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Top Premium Hatchbacks In India - Your Pick?
Premium hatchbacks are one of the most desirable cars in India. Which one would you pick in this list?Jun 4, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Take Home A Maruti Suzuki Swift And Start Paying After Two Months
The carmaker has tied up with Cholamandalam Investment And Finance Company for the schemeMay 22, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel Discontinued In India
Maruti Suzuki has silently updated the Swift with the upgraded Smartplay Studio infotainment systemApr 17, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Is The Swift Sport Headed Our Way?
Well, we can’t say for sure. But, it’s been spied on our roads!Apr 8, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Editor's View of Maruti Swift
Enthusiasts car, without compromising on space, practicality and efficiency. Automatic transmission (AMT) offered with both petrol and diesel engines. Nicely loaded with features.
Ride is on the stiffer side. No AMT with the top-end Z+ variants. Wow features like LED headlights, DRLs, Smartplay infotainment system and automatic climate control, limited to Z+ variants.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is back to its sporty roots, with the chassis tuned for handling than outright comfort. It is a big improvement on the old car but it's not quite the all-rounder it once was.
Maruti Swift Videos
Maruti Swift Mileage
Top Competitors of Swift
Rs. 5.63 LakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 4.6 LakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 5.29 LakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 5.89 LakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Elite i20
Rs. 6.49 LakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 4.89 LakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Rs. 5.06 LakhCompare with Swift
Maruti Wagon R
Rs. 4.45 LakhCompare with Swift
Rs. 3.7 LakhCompare with Swift
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 5.89 LakhCompare with Swift
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Swift
- Both engines are good enough. Maruti Swift is powered by a BS6 4-Cylinder 1.2-litre petrol unit that churns out 83PS of power and 113Nm of torque. It comes with the option of a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT gearbox. On the other hand, Tiago gets a BS6-compliant 3-Cylinder 1.2-litre petrol engine that puts out 86PS of power and 113Nm of torque. Transmission options remain the same - a 5-speed manual or AMT. Both engines deliver similar power performance and fuel efficiency but Maruti's 1.2 liter engine is more refined and smooth as compared to Tata's 1.2 liter petrol unit. Do take a test drive in order to get better clarity. Check out authorised dealership details.
- Upsizing the tyres will give you a better grip on the road but will reduce the mileage. However, the actual mileage totally depends on several factors like driving conditions, road condition, tyre pressure, etc. In order to improve the mileage, we would suggest you drive slower. Driving fast can reduce your fuel efficiency by up to 33% if you are travelling above 60 mph. It is best to change gears appropriately and match the gear and the RPM carefully. In order to improve your car's mileage, you may check out our Fuel Efficiency Guide.
- If you want a fun to drive car for your family with good fuel efficiency, you may go for Maruti Swift. It is nicely loaded with features, it has a practical and spacious cabin too. On the other hand, the Grand i10 soldiers on with its basic kit but advanced infotainment system. Its understated aesthetic is neater. It has a decent build and interior quality, quiet cabin, adequate passenger and luggage space. If we talk about Ford Freestyle, It would be a great package of fuel efficiency, performance and comfort. It has good ground clearance which helps it to tackle bad road conditions. If you want better power performance with great safety, you may go for Ford Freestyle. You may compare all these cars according to their variants too. Do take a test drive in order to get better clarity. Check out authorised dealership details.
- There are ample of options available in this budget such as Renault KWID, Maruti Alto K10, Maruti Celerio, Tata Tiago etc. As new car purchase would depend on a lot of factors like budget, segment or brand preference, transmission, fuel type, specific feature requirement etc. Hence, we request you to share your inputs so that we can assist you in right direction. Click on the link to check out these options: https://bit.ly/2KHvmMh If you are traveling less than 50-60km a day, opt for a petrol car instead of a diesel. With the extra Rs 1-1.50 lakh spent on a diesel purchase, you can actually drive a similar petrol car for as many as two years! So, do your math carefully. A diesel usually makes sense if you are driving above 60/70km a day. If you'll be driving more in heavy city traffic then we suggest you to opt for Automated Manual Transmission(AMT) which are easier to use and more comfortable for the driver, while Manual Transmission vehicles are less expensive more involved & are more fun to drive on highways.
- Travel in metro or bus it would be safer don't get me wrong but 5 lakhs plz try to save for some more time and buy tata Tiago petrol nothing wrong in waiting some more time rather than buying a scrap which is good for nothing so wait for some time and buy your car you have to keep it for almost 5-6 years mini so don't buy anything randomly
- Go for any Maruti car....preferably swift. I can bet you, you wont regret as I myself has clocked 260K KM's in 10 yrs and still drive approx. 3K KM's every month. The sheer driving pleasure and ultra low cost maintenance will keep you always happy.
- Both of there hatchbacks are not natural rivals, since Baleno is the bigger hatchback, prices of some variants of these cars overlap. And so, there is bound to be some confusion when shopping for a premium Maruti hatchback. The personalized Swift LDi delivers more value for someone who can’t spend beyond Rs 8.5 lakh. If you see the incremental cost of the Swift ZDi over the Swift VDi, buying the ZDi makes more sense. But there’s the Baleno Zeta as well that costs around Rs 30,000 more than the Swift ZDi and brings more value to the table with additional features like telescopic steering and auto dimming IRVM. Buyers with a Rs 9 lakh spending capacity should, therefore, go for the Baleno Zeta over Swift ZDi. The Baleno Zeta is approximately Rs 55,000 cheaper than the Swift ZDi+, which gets LED headlamps with DRLs and Smartplay infotainment system with rear parking camera that the Baleno Zeta doesn’t get. There are some features that the Baleno Zeta gets and the Swift ZDi+ doesn’t get, like auto dimming IRVM, telescopic steering, UV-cut glass, front armrest and follow-me-home headlamps. The fact is, most of these features can’t be fitted onto the Swift ZDi+ while you can have the Smartplay infotainment system with a parking camera that the Swift ZDi+ gets fitted in the Baleno Zeta.For more companion Please click the below link Maruti Baleno vs Maruti Swift Comparison: - https://www.zigwheels.com/compare-cars/maruti-suzuki-baleno-vs-maruti-suzuki-swift
- In swift and Baleno I would prefer you to go with baleno as swift is one segment lower than that of Baleno and baleno get most features from its Delta model whereas swift even doesn't get the projectors in second top model, Baleno gets more space as compared to swift
- It is different segment altogether. So if you are looking for more space, more features and a premium feel to the same engine then go for Baleno without any doubts. But swift is a daily commuter for crowded city like Mumbai and is dynamic in performance
- I am not asking about technologies, AMT, CVT, DCT etc...I am asking about the actual driving experience of automatic transmission of cars available in India. Kindly submit specific answers otherwise don't cut and paste from Google. I want to know about automatic transmission of available cars test drived to tell which is better. I am not interested in other features of the car. The mere experience of driving automatically is to be road tested and accordingly the best car be suggested.
- The Swift Z is a complete modern-day car. While there are feel-good features like leather on the steering wheel, a start/stop button and tweeters, the list of useful features is actually a lot longer. Features like parking sensors, auto climate control, rear defogger and wiper/washer, electrically-adjustable ORVMs, etc, promise to make your everyday commute in this car all the more easy and enjoyable. A set of alloy wheels and the option of an AMT means this variant will tick all boxes for those who don’t want their car to be too flamboyant on the outside. Those who’re interested in buying the lower variants, we’d go to the extent to ask you to try to stretch your budget and go for the Swift Z variant.
- Depend on the number of features you want and the budget that you have. In my opinion the rivals are currently better than Swift in the price range. Also the safety of Maruti cars is not up to mark. The body panels are thinner than all of the rivals. Still if you want to go for a Swift. Go for the ZXI model as it has all the creature comforts.
Maruti Swift User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.9/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
39% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
MY CAR IS VERY GOOD BUT THE mileage IS VERY BAD
Sup car I love so much and red color is so nice and all functions are sup
Best mailage. Easy maintenance better response by showrooms . Totally I'm happy with maruti Swift
Its average middle class car गुड car
God candanes vajjgccgbiuf gdyvnnbvc
I have clocked 260K KM's in last 10 years with 1.3L Petrol Engine. Just 1 clutch plate change @ 120K KM with tyre change @ every 80K KM's. Only 1 time front and back suspension change and other minor mechanical wear and tear changes. I cannot be happier than this that even after 10 years of life cycle, 260K KM's, its going strong and I believe will be able to clock anywhere around 400K Km's by next 2-3 years.I'm addicted to this car and unable to change to new one just because of sheer driving pleasure and ultra low cost maintenance.This car is just amazing......
The first gen swift is considered as one of the most fun to drive hatchbacks in India . My swift , dispite being a diesel, is no exception . It handles great, has a punchy mid range and decent braking too. The things which it misses-out on are most of the creature comforts which are found even in much cheaper car today. My Swift is a 2011 model year and still, the feature list dates back to the 90's.I still love the car as it has a soul, a happy and energetic nature which is hard to find in cars now-a-days !
The swift is an most conveniante an best handling car for the beginers.. It offers more features like push button start, automatic climate control, touchscreen infotainment system and also provides an fun to drive experience to its owners, the millege is phenomenal in this segment I think bcoz it offers 24km millege in highway. Overall it satisfies the all things for beginners. And safety features also implemented in this car ex...ABS, EBD, airbags such I preety excited about this factors of my swift
1. Its a family vehicle. good for city drives. comfy till an extend for a long trips... have traveled a maximum of 9000 km in a strech. 2. the best thing is that it is easy to maintain.. the maintenance cost is low.. everything stays within the budget.3. the negative side is the lag.. seats and the steering wheel.4. mileage is good....pickup for that segment is easy-to-go.....build quality is baad..... no vibrations till 110-120 kmph.... features are also okay.5. after sale value is high...
Low cost maintenance , comfortable for a city use ,Martina services and supports excellent .Parts are readily available.Low cost maintenance , comfortable for a city use.
Maruti Swift Expert Reviews
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift: Petrol Hatch Comparison
The Nios is the latest entrant in the midsize hatchback segment. While it promises more in terms of cabin experience and features, can it be as exciting as the quintessential Swift?Oct 18, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift: First Drive Review
We drive the all-new, third-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift to find out if this immensely popular car has become even better.Jan 20, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Swift Images
Maruti Swift Colours
Solid Fire Red
Prime Lucent Orange
Pearl Arctic White
Maruti Swift Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 20,545|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 28,902|
Maruti Swift FAQs
What is the price of Maruti Swift Top Variant?
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Maruti Swift is 8.02 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Maruti Swift?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Maruti Swift is 21.21 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Swift.
What is the EMI of Maruti Swift in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Maruti Swift in Delhi is Rs. 10,040 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Maruti Swift?
What is the boot space in Maruti Swift?
The boot space in Maruti Swift is 268 L. View full specification of Swift
What is the ground clearance of Maruti Swift?
The ground clearance of Maruti Swift is 163mm.