KTM 250 Duke Reviews

• All (78)
  • Daily Commute (58)
  • Tours (36)
  • Leisure Rides (29)
  • Occasional Commute (20)
Adrian Joshua
Adrian Joshua 3.8 3 Sep 2019

I find that this duke is perfect for city commutes, getting to and from work is fun with this ride. Fun things: Its got power after you rev past a few RPMs, which means it is quick enough and you'll love it.I think this is the best looking ride in the naked bike segment in its class and slightly above as well. If you ride 20kms rather economically every day, Rs. 00 per week should cover your fuel expenditure. It is quite comfortable for those relatively long rides. The headaches: Sluggish performance when accelerating to the mid range from the low range, it"s almost as if though it does not want to sprint. Very annoying and dangerous whilst trying to overtake. Brakes are simply not powerful enough for the power output or high speeds. The absence of an ABS makes it worse and dangerous at high speeds. You would have to take it to a technician every now and then to adjust the slack on the chain for optimum performance. Parts tend to get damaged quickly within a year, and screws, nuts and bolts tend to fall off rather quickly. The rear shock absorber for instance was totally replaced even though I had been using it for city commute. The halogen bulb headlight makes the bike look bad. Could have come with a TFT screen. Conclusion: Fun city bike with enough power to thrill on an occasional long jaunt. You"ll eventually love riding it around town as long its maintained well at short intervals.

Tauqeer Khan
Tauqeer Khan 4.6 19 Sep 2019

In my opinion no bike comes near to styling of KTM Duke 250. Whenever I park my bike anywhere some people always try to touch my bike. In my office people whom I don"t know also know me by the bike. When it comes to power it"s got crazy power packed if you are beginner u will definitely lose the handlebars once this beast accelerates. I ride rough so I get mileage between 20-25 in city maybe if I ride smoothly I might get 30. Exhaust note is really beautiful once u go faster with higher rpm. When i bought bike my bike had lot of vibrations which went of after 1000km. Its a bike for people who don"t care about spending money. This bike has wide handlebars so it"s sometimes difficult to get through small gaps. This bike is also very heavy at 166kg if you are weak guy u will have lot of trouble moving the bike. Also the seat height is very high for 5"10 because sometimes when the ground level is a little lower than normal (like pothole or something) u will find it difficult to put legs down. But this can be avoided to certain extent by adjusting the rear suspension.I wouldn"t recommend this bike for short guys.Maintenance cost is around 1k per service.

Motovlog Northeast
Motovlog Nor.. 4.6 5 Oct 2018

It was in the late afternoon of April when my dad called me and asked me to accompany him to the city. I was bored at home so i went without any hesitation. Before long i was in Dibrugarh in front of KTM showroom1(boiragimoth). Dad went inside and talked to the store guys for some time. While i checked out the beast of a1bike, the duke 390. I was wondering how it would feel to ride a duke 390 one day when Dad tapped me on the shoulder and i followed him outside. Then we went home...i was excited that something was going on.. my dad wouldn't tell me why we went to the showroom. Then in the evening we had a delivery. A brand new duke 250. I1was super excited. I grabbed the key and jumped on the bike.. but dad stopped me and said this bike is not for you but for your cousin. I was heartbroken, as i was just given a Gixxer SF for my birthday and my cousin was1getting a beast. I went inside dejected and heartbroken.... after a few hours...i was called to ear1dinner...when i went inside... everyone was laughing.... I didn't knew what was going on.. i had my dinner and1was about to leave when dad stopped me....and everyone began laughing again.....then dad handed me the bike's key and said..its your because u did well in the mid terms...i was so happy

Kunal Desai
Kunal Desai 4.6 24 Sep 2018

Wonderful Bike. Worth the MONEYTeaches you a lot about Leaning And tippng into Corners..Much better then the old dukes (agreed the torque and the Raw Power of the old Dukes is lacking) but that makes the New dukes more reliable Engines and are More fun to Ride as Overall Bikes.The Duke 250 is also a Perfect College Student or Daily Commuter bike as it puts Perfect Style and Milege needed for Indian Buyers.

Honey Sharma
Honey Sharma 3.4 8 Sep 2018

faced problem with Gearbox after 5000 kms and problem in chain after 3000 km. light breaks while sitting on the pillion seat... people at service center are not repairing it warranty.... Engine is creating sound after 3000 kms feels like i have purchased a mountain of problems.... 200 is better than 250... maybe 250 means 250 problems😓

Uses this bike for : Tours
Rajvir Singh
Rajvir Singh 5.0 30 Jul 2019

I"ve been riding it for a year now and i have to say the experience has been nothing short of exciting and fun. Its so fun to ride everywhere, with a shift down and a quick turn of the wrist this jolt of performance is always available and i love that about it. 10/10 would recommend.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Maranchan Luikham
Maranchan Lu.. 4.6 11 Jan 2019

High performance. Would prefer better grip tyres for turns. Prefer the big tacho speed & RPM meters instead of the led displays. No auto headlights- let it be manually operated. Bigger rear and signal lights as present lights are not instantly noticeable from about 20 metre in daytime.

Uses this bike for : Leisure Rides
Vishnuprasad P
Vishnuprasad P 5.0 24 Jan 2019

Even if it"s a sports bike still it gives mileage around 35 in highways and 27 in city"s. Very comfortable for solo long ride and bit unhappy in pillion ride comfort. The power delivery is very linear and throttle response is just awesome also less maintenance cost.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Erik Langthasa
Erik Langthasa 4.2 21 Jun 2019

Its the best bike in its class...But I found two major problem of this bike..First one is its engine heats up too much and quickly while you riding it in heavy traffic or you are in a lower gear(1/2).And the 2nd one is lack of ABS system.

Motor Buzz
Motor Buzz 4.2 27 Nov 2018

Its an eyecatcher for sure.Its one of a kind of crazy motorcycles in 250cc segmentPower delivery is linearBreaks are OK. I"ve opted white colour( to attain more attention😂) Great deal if u are an agressive rider with all riding gear on.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute