Force Motors Gurkha is a 6 seater SUV car launched at a base price of Rs. 9.75 lakh in February 2017 by Force Motors in India. Gurkha is available in diesel engine only . Gurkha diesel is powered by 2596cc and 2149cc engine claiming mileage of 17kmpl. It is available in 6 variants and 3 colours.
Force Motors Gurkha Latest Updates
Force Motors has unveiled the BS6 Gurkha SUV at Auto Expo 2020. It gets new bumpers, grille, head and tail lamps. On the inside, the Gurkha now gets a touchscreen infotainment system, multi-information display, and dual front airbags. Other safety systems include ABS and rear parking sensors.
Under the bonnet lies the updated BS6 2.6-litre engine which makes 90PS of power and 280Nm of torque. It is paired with a 5-speed manual transmission and low-range transfer case.
Alongside the upcoming Gurkha, Force also showcased a customized version with a wider and taller stance, off-roading tyres, a bull-bar, a winch, and a snorkel.
We expect the updated Gurkha to go on sale in the coming months. It is likely to be priced higher than the BS4 version which retails from Rs 9.75 lakh to Rs 13.30 lakh (ex-showroom).
Specifications Summary of Force Motors Gurkha
|Engine :||2149 cc|
|Mileage :||17 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||diesel|
|Seating Capacity :||6|
Force Motors Gurkha Price
The prices of Gurkha diesel variants start at Rs. 9.75 lakh and the top-end diesel is priced at Rs. 13.30 lakh.
- Diesel (6 Variants)
Force Motors Gurkha Variants Price List
Editor's View of Force Motors Gurkha
Rugged build quality, Affordable price point, Indigenous product, Damiler engine, 4X4X4 vehicle
Old school design
The ultimate all-terrain vehicle for Indian off-roading enthusiasts
Force Motors Gurkha News Updates
The Force Gurkha Goes BS6 With This New Update
The updated Gurkha was unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020Feb 9, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
BSVI-compliant Force Gurkha Spotted On Test For The First Time
Spied in its three-door guise, the SUV could be a test mule for the 2.2-litre engine from the recently-launched Gurkha XtremeJan 10, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Force Launches Gurkha Xtreme at Rs 12.99 lakh
The new top-spec variant features a variety of segment firstsDec 18, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
2017 RFC India - Gurmeet Virdi’s Domination Continues
The Rain Forest Challenge India is among the toughest off-road events globally, and the fourth edition of the 4x4 event was won by Chandigarh’s Gurmeet VirdiAug 7, 2017 | By Team ZigWheels
2017 Force Gurkha Launched At Rs 8.38 Lakh
The new Gurkha is available in the three-door and five-door models and now has a BS IV-compliant engineMar 20, 2017 | By Team ZigWheels
Exclusive: Force Gurkha Facelift Spotted Testing
With minor updates on the outside, the biggest change will be the deployment of the 2.2-litre BS-IV engine, from the Force One, under its hoodSep 30, 2016 | By Team ZigWheels
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Gurkha
- No, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is not available in Force Motors Gurkha.
- ABS is now introduced from April 2019
- The Gurkha looks much better than it did in 2013; back then it looked like the Gurkha had suffered from a botched plastic surgery. Now though, it is back to looking like a tough, old-school SUV. The Gurkha seems closer to its roots than ever before - it has a lot in common with the early Mercedes-Benz/Steyr-Daimler-Puch G-Wagen models. The Force Gurkha Xplorer continues to be a great off-roading machine and is an improvement over the previous model. Force can improve its appeal by making it more comfortable for daily use by sorting out the ergonomic issues. Using better materials on the inside and offering more equipment will also make it a more aspirational product for many. It remains an alternative to the Mahindra Thar as a capable off-roader. As an alternative (which is much more expensive), you can choose the 5-door long-wheelbase Xplorer with 4x4 if you need a longer SUV for off-road purposes. If you intend to use it as a family hauler, there are many UVs at lower prices (Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Renault Lodgy, Mahindra Xylo, etc.) which can seat a similar number of passengers more comfortably and are more economical to run too. The Gurkha needs major modifications for it to become the all-around SUV that Force claims it is. Click on the given link to get an idea about its service cost: https://www.zigwheels.com/newcars/Force-Motors/Gurkha/service-cost
- Thanks for your reply
- The selected car is specifically designed keeping in mind the off-roading enthusiasts. It is the ultimate all-terrain vehicle designed for off-roading use. If used it in congested traffic the driving experience might hamper due to the excessive use of clutch and brakes as the car is really powerful. Moreover, an automatic hatchback can be a better pick here for using it in bumper to bumper traffic that gives a better driving experience.
- The choice of variants in the Gurkha depends on your preference for features. For detailed information on all variants, follow the below link - Features. Moreover, you may have a test drive of the car for a better idea of comfort and drive quality by visiting the nearest dealer in your city. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest dealership and selecting your city accordingly - Dealers.
- It is nonsense car no safety
- Force Gurkha falls in the price bracket of Rs. 9.75 - 13.30 lakh (ex-showroom, Palakkad). Please click on the link for the estimated on-road price: Force Motors Gurkha On-Road Price Force Gurkha is the ultimate all-terrain vehicle for Indian off-roading enthusiasts with the rugged build quality, affordable price point, and a damiler engine. So, if you are looking for a mean off-roading machine with a powerful engine, then you may opt for the Gurkha. Also, take a test drive of the car before making the final decision as it would help a lot in making up your mind. Click on the following link for dealership details and select your city accordingly - Force Motors Car Showrooms
- Force Gurkha is an extreme off-roader with a powerful set of engines. Available in three variants the Xpedition and Xplorer variants are powered by a 2.6-litre engine that makes 85PS of power and 230Nm of torque while the Force Gurkha Xtreme gets a 2.2-litre diesel unit that makes 140PS and 321Nm. Moreover, as the exhaust pipe sticks out from under the side-step on the driver's side, the Gurkha is fairly capable of tackling the water situations with ease. As for the floods, it is not recommended to drive a car during that time due to certain safety reasons. For more information on the capabilities of the all-terrain vehicle, we'd recommend taking a test drive. Please click on the link and select your city accordingly for - Force Motors Car Showrooms
Force Motors Gurkha Images
Force Motors Gurkha User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.3/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
29% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Force Motors Gurkha Expert Reviews
Force Gurkha Xplorer and Gurkha Xpedition - First Drive Review
The Force Gurkha has been given a major update, so what's new?Jul 7, 2017 | By Siddharth, Photography: Vikrant Date
Force Gurkha : First Drive
That's just what Force Motors has resorted to, to bring you the all new and even more extreme Gurkha 4x4x4. We put it to an extreme test to bring you the detailsApr 19, 2013 | By Story: Abhishek Nigam Photography : Kunal Khadse
Force Motors Gurkha Colours
Force Motors Gurkha Highlights
For the hard-core off-roading enthusiasts, Force Motors Gurkha, priced between Rs 8.20-9.36 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), makes a real sense. The design of this SUV has all the necessary ingredients of a true off-roader. High set bonnet, squared-off wheel arches, the rugged- looking snorkel, generous ground clearance, and the flat profile are the exterior design highlights on the Gurkha. The interiors, however, are pretty much basic and only creature comfort offered by the Force is the power steering and air conditioning system. A 2.6-Litre turbocharged diesel engine belting out 81 bhp along with 230 Newton metre of max torque powers the Gurkha. The engine is coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission which sends the drive to the rear wheels of the SUV. Available in Xpedition and Xplorer edition with a choice of four shades, the Force Motors Gurkha is squarely competing against Mahindra Thar and Maruti Gypsy in the Indian market.
Force Motors Gurkha VideosAll Gurkha Videos
Force Motors Gurkha Service Cost
|Diesel (1.8333333333333 years)||Rs. 27,454|