Hyundai Elite i20
Hyundai Elite i20 is a 5 seater hatchback car available at a price range of Rs. 6.49 Lakh to 8.3 Lakh in India. It is available in 4 variants and 9 colours. Hyundai Elite i20 comes with BS6 compliant petrol engine only. The Elite i20 has a boot space of 285 litres while it's ground clearance is 170mm. The petrol engine of Elite i20 is a 1197cc unit which generates a power of 81.86bhp and a torque of 117nm. The Elite i20 is available only with a manual transmission. The mileage of Elite i20 is 18.6kmpl.
Hyundai Elite i20 Latest Updates
Hyundai India has discontinued the Elite i20 diesel well ahead of the March 31 BS6 deadline. The Elite i20 diesel came with a 1.4-litre CRDI engine that developed 90PS of power and 220Nm of torque. It was offered with a 6-speed manual transmission only. The i20’s 1.4-litre unit was known for its extremely refined nature and linear power delivery. The i20 is currently offered with a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine that develops 83PS of power and 113Nm of torque. It’s priced from Rs 6.50 lakh (ex-showroom) and rivals the petrol variants of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Tata Altroz and the Honda Jazz.BS6.
Elite i20 Specifications
Elite i20 Variants
The Elite i20 is offered in four variants- Magna, Sportz + Sportz+ Dual Tone and Asta (O).
Elite i20 Features
Hyundai Elite i20 Competitors
It rivals the petrol variants of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Tata Altroz and the Honda Jazz.BS6.
Hyundai Elite i20 Summary
|Engine :||1197 CC|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||18.6 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Gear Box :||5 Speed|
|Length Width Height :||3985*1734*1505|
|Rear Shoulder Room :||1280mm|
|Boot Space :||285|
Hyundai Elite i20 Price
The price of Hyundai Elite i20 starts at Rs. 6.49 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 8.3 Lakh. The price of petrol variant of Elite i20 ranges between Rs. 6.49 Lakh to Rs. 8.3 Lakh. Hyundai Elite i20 is available in 4 variants and 9 different colours.
- Petrol (4 Variants)
Hyundai Elite i20 Price List in India
Elite i20 Magna Plus
18.6 kmpl | Petrol | Manual
|Rs. 6.49 Lakh||View August Offers|
Elite i20 Sportz Plus
18.6 kmpl | Petrol | Manual
|Rs. 7.36 Lakh||View August Offers|
Elite i20 Sportz Plus Dual Tone
18.6 kmpl | Petrol | Manual
|Rs. 7.66 Lakh||View August Offers|
6 Offers Available
Online SurveyStart Now
You tell us, We listen
Help us understand you better, fill Survey today
Top Competitors of Elite i20
Rs. 5.63 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.29 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.19 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 6.7 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.82 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 6.95 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Rs. 5.06 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.79 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 7.01 LakhCompare with Elite i20
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Elite i20
- Fun to drive ...ample leg room ... good for family and personal use... Good built quality compared to its siblings from other auto makers.
- Its been amazing so far. Its a powerful car.
- You can look for i10 grand
- Hyundai Elite i20 has a width of 1734 mm so it will be easily movable in 6 ft wide road.
- If you can stretch little bit in your budget go for Venue. It’s nice car to drive in city and high way.In case you like to stick to hatch back i20 diesel is feature loaded and it’s face lift is coming shortly. Wait for it
- I20 is better because it is very good for long term use
- It's better in city i20.
- Elite i20 is a good car, very good comfort level, good build quality materials used inside & outside of car but need to compromise with mileage of petrol i20. One thing is sure once you enter inside of car & drive it, you feel premium car like Audi driving experience. Performance wise car takes times to get pick up in 2nd gear, It easily go 60 - 100 km without any extra efforts very smoothly. Need to say if you are looking for premium class with good comfort can go blindly with i20 but mileage wise slightly slow compare to any Maruti vehicles... What else to say further.... As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 11 -12 km in city & highway around 16 - 18 km depends on driving pattern. You can easily get around 17 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac. Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 5- 7 thousands with service interval 10000 km.Your daily driving of 40 km petrol is best option.
- The one that has it all! The Elite i20 brings a sense of class and features to this segment like no other. Premium build, loads of kit on offer, looks that turns heads and space for five. If you want to buy the Baleno because everyone else is, go ahead. It truly is a well-rounded package. We’re glad ABS and dual airbags are standard no matter what variant you choose. We’d recommend the slightly naughty RS variant - because we’re fun that way. Baleno and Elite i20 both the cars are of premium hatchback segment and have good features list. If we talk about power performance Baleno and Elite i20 both have similar power figures in petrol version whereas, i20 has more power than Baleno in diesel version. If we talk about fuel efficiency then, Baleno has a upper hand in both petrol and diesel versions.
- Both are indeed good options to go for. The Elite i20 brings a sense of class and features to this segment like no other. Premium build, loads of kit on offer, looks that turns heads and space for five. If you want to buy the Baleno because everyone else is, go ahead. It truly is a well-rounded package. We’re glad ABS and dual airbags are standard no matter what variant you choose. Baleno and Elite i20 both the cars are of premium hatchback segment and have good features list. If we talk about power performance Baleno and Elite i20 both have similar power figures in petrol version whereas, i20 has more power than Baleno in diesel version. If we talk about fuel efficiency then, Baleno has a upper hand in both petrol and diesel versions. Click on the link to compare: https://bit.ly/2tCBiLN
- All cars you have shortlisted have their own pros and cons but I would prefer you the elite I 20 as it has dual combination dashbord which dose don make you feel Clusterforbic it has good music system comfort is best in the segment ride quality is absolutely phenomenal no matter how bad roads are you won't get disturbed by any potholes and pathes all in all go for elite i 20
- Delta diesel baleno
- Elite i20 petrol..
- The Sportz variant gets certain feel-good features that are more want-based rather than need. For example, it gets LED DRLs, keyless entry and steering-mounted controls - features that enhance your overall ownership experience but can possibly live without. This variant, too, misses out on rear parking aids, a feature that has turned into a necessity these days, especially in cities. Also, a variant that’s called Sportz should have at least had alloy wheels. Those who’re willing to pay the premium for Sportz should instead try to stretch their budget and buy the Asta variant. There’s no denying the fact that the Elite i20 Asta is loaded to the gills, getting a huge jump up in terms of equipment over the previous variant. For those looking for the CVT option with petrol engine, the Asta variant costs Rs 1.17 lakh more than the Magna Executive. But the additional features you get in the Asta variant (including all features of the Sportz) justify the premium as well.
- Sportz concept ?only teo air bags..no iOS fix for child seat...are lacking comparing to other asta ..non sports.rest same
- There are features diffrence in sportz nd asta,in asta u have Alloys,Rear wiper,auto headlamps,rear seat headrest,armrest,Reverse parking camera with touchscreen,Keyless entry,Projector Headlamps and more
Editor's View of Hyundai Elite i20
Upmarket styling, features, comfort and convenience, now sports a smooth CVT automatic option too
Has lost some of it's premium features (like auto dimming IRVMs) over time.
The new Elite i20 is a step up in design and styling but sports the same engines and gearboxes.
Elite i20 Detailed Review
Alright, alright, put down your pitchforks! We know, the Hyundai Elite i20 did come with an automatic transmission. But it borrowed its predecessor’s powertrain - a 1.4-litre petrol engine paired with a 4-speed automatic gearbox. The engine size made it ineligible for the sub-4 metre car excise duty benefits. So in came the tax fairy to swipe the money from under your pillow. And the transmission was about as modern as, well, dial-up internet.
Now, though, it has a dedicated automatic transmission. A CVT at that, and here are 5 things you need to know about it.
#1 Where’s Waldo?
It’ll take a keen eye to identify the 2-pedal version, since there isn’t much to distinguish the automatic Elite i20 from its manual counterpart. In the interest of keeping the tail looking clean, there’s just one “Auto” badge, slapped onto the right front fender. That’s it.
#2 Packaging - What’s Hot & What’s Not
Good news first. Unlike the pre-facelift Elite i20 automatic, you can have the new one in more than one variant - Magna Executive (Rs 7.05 lakh ex-showroom Delhi) and Asta (Rs 8.16 lakh ex-showroom Delhi), each commanding a Rs 1.05 lakh premium over their manual counterparts. The bad news, as you may have figured out, is that you can’t have it in the fully loaded Asta (O) variant.
So even if you get the fully loaded Elite i20 automatic, which costs about Rs 26,000 more than the Asta (O) manual, you miss out on a lot of features. The misses include, side and curtain airbags, projector headlamps with cornering lamps, 16-inch wheels and passive keyless entry with push-button start, among other features. Ridiculously enough, you won’t even get an auto up driver window or ISOFIX child seat mounts. How is this not standard kit in a “premium hatchback” already?
The Elite i20 automatic is still only available with a petrol engine. So, the brand new 6-step CVT is paired with the same 1.2-litre engine that you get in the manual. It makes the same 83PS @ 6000rpm & 115Nm of torque @ 4000rpm too.
#4 The Drive Story
Let’s cut straight to the chase. If you’ve had an energy drink, if you’re an impatient driver, if you want something that’ll thrill you or bring a smile to your face - this is not the car for you. The sole purpose of the Elite i20 CVT is to take the manual Elite i20 petrol and add a dose of convenience to it.
The simple fact remains that the 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine has always been a commuter motor and even with the transmission change, that behaviour stays the same. Push the engine hard and all you’re to get is a lot of noise but progress on the speedometer won’t match. The optimum driving range is between 2500-4000rpm, where you have just the right amount of power to drive at city speeds or enjoy a light cruise on the highway.
Bear in mind that even low speed overtakes (40-60kmph) do need some planning. It’s best to nurse the throttle ahead progressively, build speed and then switch lanes. On the highway, be sure to give yourself a decent buffer from the cars behind you. Using the manual mode to “drop down a gear” and revving the engine till kingdom come will give you sweet exhaust note, but quick overtake attempts can easily see you slowing down faster cars attempting to pass by. 20-80kmph (kickdown) took a full 9.19 seconds. 0-100kmph took 16.18 seconds. A thimble few milliseconds quicker than the Tata Tiago diesel and just over a second quicker than the Renault Kwid AMT.
But if you do like hard revs, the transmission will lick the 6500rpm redline before automatically shifting to a taller ratio. The motor also feels taxing to use on sharp inclines and has to hold onto shorter ratios for longer, which will take its toll on fuel efficiency.
But before you go “Bah!” and drop your noggin in disappointment, here’s a twist. The Elite i20 CVT is simply fantastic! This has to be one of the most intelligently tuned and intuitive powertrains in the segment. The key point to understand is that the car is meant to be an urban commuter. Once you appreciate that, the Elite i20 CVT starts to make sense.
The transmission is super quick to respond to changes in throttle inputs, altering ratios and gaining or losing revs immediately. It’s a very predictable car to drive and we mean that as a good thing. Press the throttle and you get the exact amount of acceleration you want, giving you no unpleasant surprises or leaving anything to guesswork. With a relaxed driving style, it’s a light sipper as well, delivering a tested 12.15kmpl in the city and nearly 16kmpl on the highway.
What really stands out is how smooth the Elite i20 auto’s transmission is. Go light on the throttle or pin it, there’s simply no scenario where it’ll ever be jerky or give you even a hint of head nod. The cherry on top is the engine itself. Yes, it’s not exciting in the slightest but is very refined and has enough grit to make it usable for daily duties. So as a marriage, the petrol engine and new CVT make for a brilliant match!
#5 Job Well Done?
Hyundai sure took its sweet time to get a proper automatic Elite i20 but the end result gets a thumbs up. The transmission has been perfectly tuned for the engine and is extremely convenient to use as a daily commuter.
It does have flaws, beginning with the fact that you can’t have it in the Asta (O) variant. Which is a big miss. For something that’ll cost about Rs 9.50 lakh on road, the Asta AT does skip some must haves.
Also, while Hyundai’s press release says “The 1.2L petrol engine with CVT option offers convenient clutch-less drive and no physical gear shifting makes it ideal for city, highways and hilly terrains.” it’s only IDEAL for the city. It can function on highways and hilly terrains, of course, but with some limitations.
But frankly, that’s down to the nature of the engine itself. So even the manual doesn’t present a different story. So, if all you want is a hassle-free, point A to B urban commuter that’ll make daily drives a breeze, the Elite i20 automatic really is a job well done.
Hyundai Elite i20 Mileage
Hyundai Elite i20 User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.5/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
43% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Best driving pleasure Low maintenance cost as per compare other Cars. Segments Till very good condition as per use Good quality
it's a good hatchback car to drive in city and for tours
Uofupcoucopufoufyodix dkdoyxy xtixkxyxoyx yd I can call for a X sent from Samsung don't worry xtixkxyxoyx can call center agent can call xoyoyxoycyoyp
Ok report ok report ok report it is a family car and it's performance very good zero maintenance charges
I have use this car ,its very good but I want to petroleum+CNG for delay use. So if available please contact me . Rajesh mali
Our first preference was to buy Ford figo but the varriant we wanted ford couldn't deliver so we choosed Elite i20 petrol and after 2 years I think it was best decision. We had a little less budget so we purchased the era varriant that is very rare and difficult to get. We bought it in 2017 november. I am driving the car for 2 years. Done about 9000 kilometers. The only one thing to sacrifice about it is the milage. I am a light footed driver. Always shift to 5 th gear in 60kmph and very ocassionally go over 100kmph. I get milage about 9-10 in town with ac and 13-15 in highway. But for its very good built quality and comfort I never mind for it. And one more thing I am talking about 2017 model. One of my friend bought 2018 model he is getting 11 in town and 16-17 in highway. For the people who prefers cars which give peace of mind while driving prefers a car which is very easy and efortless to drive i20 is one of the best 5 seaters under 10 lakhs for them. Talking about maintanance, Out of 3 service 2 service is the major oil change service which I had to pay the for consumables and for wheel balancing and allignment. In 1st year oil change service I paid 1950 including engine oil oil filter and wheel balancing. In 2nd year service I paid about 2850 including Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Wheel Balancing and Wheel allignment. According to my idea its very reasonable. For my experience in 2 years If someone looking for a family car for driving 3-4 days in a week and 500-600 km in a month and go for long rides ocassionally then i20 is best hatchback for them. Backseat space is also great so 5 adults can seat in the car for long rides.
The Car is literally good for those who are going to buy there first car as its a hassle free car, for new people they don't have knowledge that what happens when you buy a car and find noisy cabins and less styling feature & safety features inside a car. although i will say Hyundai never claimed good averages in any of there Petrol car but if you want a Mileage machine i will say its better to skip Petrol and get the Diesel or go for Maruti Suzuki as they are famous for making mileage machine cars.i almost get a 18-22kmpl in highways or on long routes if you drive like 70-80kmph then you can get easily 17-18kmpl. In City well i live in a small city so on average if i drive 5-15km then i would get 10-12kmpl at maximum. if you extend it to like 30kmpl there is a chance you can get 15kmpl at maximum depends how gentle you drive your car.if you drive like 50-70kmph then definitely you will get more then 19 and even can go upto 22kmpl but trust me that would take your time, and if time is not your priority in that case you can really achieve good mileage.
I have been driving this car from 5 years really had a very good experience with this car evn I have taken this car to the mountains tosh Manali loved it to ride evn there. Very comfortable on long drives too It gives you a smooth ride where ever you take this car The draw back is the rear sitting space for long drives I could recommend only 2 persons at the rear if you want to enjoy your journey second thing that sucks is the mileage with the petrol version it delivers only 12 km in the city and 14 -15 on the high way About safety I had 2 Major accident with this car but still we were safe Notting happened due too it's build quality thank God I was not driving a maruti car . In terms off saftey this car will never let you happen any thing
Very nice. Sale Executive respond and explain everything about the Do & Don't of the vehicle and what is the function and how to operate with all the Features provided.I am worried only with the poor mileage. 10 to 12 KMPL in the city, 15 to 16 KMPL in the highway. Since i'm from Shillong the Hilly areas, found that the performance is very weak. Little bit up or hilly vehicle wont go in a 2nd Gear. About Features i really appreciated, its really well and good. Vehicle is very stable no vibration even at the speed of about 120KMPH or 150KMPH. Only the SEAT is not comfortable as it is created as a Box type, for a long journey its really create a back pain and uncomfortable.
I own the Hyundai I20 since 2016.Hyundai i20 is an amazing car, the driving experience is excellent, good acceleration and worth buying this car. The car has great safety features, music system, excellent sound quality. A.C, of the car gives proper cooling. The car is much spacious with ample legroom. It has great boot space.Hyundai i20 is my favorite car ever I bought it before 2.5 year. Still, I didn"t find any problems in my car that is how good it is. Hyundai has done a great job in making this car. I have completed 36000 kilometers but still, it is very good in the condition so it is good to go for the i20.
Hyundai Elite i20 Expert Reviews
2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Petrol Automatic: Road Test Review
We finally get the Hyundai Elite i20 automatic we wanted. Is it the Elite i20 automatic we deserve?Jun 2, 2018 | By Tushar Kamath
2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Review: The 5 Big Differences
Some of the changes are obvious, while others are just skin deep. Here’s a rapid roundup of the changes made to the Hyundai Elite i20 faceliftMar 19, 2018 | By Tushar Kamath
Maruti Suzuki Baleno vs Hyundai Elite i20: Petrol Comparison Review
We were all praise for Maruti’s new premium hatchback after the first drive. But can the Baleno unseat the best-selling Elite i20 from its lofty perch in the premium hatchback segment?Nov 12, 2015 | By Abhay Verma Photography: Eshan Shetty
Maruti Suzuki Baleno vs Hyundai Elite i20 vs Honda Jazz vs Volkswagen Polo: Spec Comparison
Maruti Suzuki has been missing from the premium hatchback space for a long time. Now they are finally here with the new Baleno. How does it stack up against the Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo?Oct 19, 2015 | By Team ZigWheels
2015 Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20: Comparison Review
The All New 2015 Honda Jazz is finally here. We know it is rich on space and practicality but can it beat the popular Hyundai Elite i20?Aug 24, 2015 | By Ravi Ved Photography: Kapil Angane
Hyundai Elite i20 Images
Hyundai Elite i20 Colours
Polar White Dual Tone
Fiery Red Dual Tone
Passion Orange Dual Tone
Hyundai Elite i20 Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 13,279|
Hyundai Elite i20 News Updates
Top Premium Hatchbacks In India - Your Pick?
Premium hatchbacks are one of the most desirable cars in India. Which one would you pick in this list?Jun 4, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
BREAKING: Hyundai Elite i20 Diesel Discontinued In India
The next-generation i20 will utilise a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre CRDI diesel engineMar 18, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
The Hyundai Elite i20 Finally Gets A BS6 Upgrade
Variant rejig makes the base variant Rs 90,000 more expensive than its BS4 predecessorFeb 20, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Breaking: Hyundai Launches BS6 Updates For Santro, Grand i10, And CNG Models, BS6 Elite i20 Petrol Coming Soon
Naturally, all three models have received a price hikeJan 30, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
New Spy Shots Of The 2020 Hyundai i20 Reveal Design Details
Hyundai’s premium hatchback is likely to be unveiled at Auto Expo 2020 and go on sale by mid-2020Nov 19, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
The 2020 Hyundai i20 Cabin Packs Some Cool, Geeky Features!
The Honda Jazz and Maruti Baleno rival was spied sporting a digital driver’s display and lane keeping assistNov 8, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Hyundai Elite i20 Offers
OfferElite i20 Sportz Plus offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 06 Aug-31 Aug
OfferElite i20 Sportz Plus Dual Tone offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 06 Aug-31 Aug
Hyundai Elite i20 FAQs
What is the price of Hyundai Elite i20 Top Variant?
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Hyundai Elite i20 is 8.3 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Hyundai Elite i20?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Hyundai Elite i20 is 18.6 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Elite i20.
What is the EMI of Hyundai Elite i20 in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Hyundai Elite i20 in Delhi is Rs. 12,573 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Hyundai Elite i20?
What is the boot space in Hyundai Elite i20?
The boot space in Hyundai Elite i20 is 285 L. View full specification of Elite i20
What is the ground clearance of Hyundai Elite i20?
The ground clearance of Hyundai Elite i20 is 170mm.
What are the best financing options for Hyundai Elite i20?
Hyundai Car Dealers in Delhi
Koncept HyundaiA 56, PARKLAND BULDING, GROUND FLOOR, East Of Kailash, Near Metro Pillar Num 92, New Delhi, Delhi 110048Phone : 7375006115Email : email@example.comGet Call Back
Koncept HyundaiD-192, Phase-1, Okhla Industrial Area, Near Hotel Crown Plaza, New Delhi, Delhi 110020Phone : 7375006115Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgGet Call Back
Koncept HyundaiA 5, Green Park, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110016Phone : 7375006115Email : email@example.comGet Call Back
Malwa HyundaiKhasra No- 25/20/2, Railway Road, Near Ramdev Chowk, Village Mamoorpur , Rajiv Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110040Phone : 9416040402 Phone : 9416040402Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgGet Call Back