Specifications Summary of Hyundai Elite i20
|Mileage (ARAI) kmpl :||17 Kmpl to 22 Kmpl|
|Gear Box :||6 Speed|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol / Diesel|
|Transmission :||Manual / Automatic|
|Length Width Height :||3985*1734*1505|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Rear Shoulder Room :||1280mm|
|Boot Space :||285|
Hyundai Elite i20 Highlights
Hyundai Elite i20 Price: Hyundai Elite i20 prices start at Rs. 5.53 lakh for petrol and goes upto Rs. 9.14 lakh. The prices of Elite i20 diesel variants start at Rs. 6.91 lakh and the top-end diesel is priced at Rs. 9.34 lakh. Hyundai Elite i20 is available in 12 variants and 9 colours.
Elite i20 Engine and Specifications: The engine options on the Elite i20 remain the same as before and in the same states of tune. The petrol variants are still powered by the 1.2-litre 4-cylinder engine that makes 83PS of max power and 115Nm of peak torque whereas the diesel variants are powered by the same 1.4-litre diesel making 90PS and 220Nm. Both engines can be paired with 5-speed and 6-speed manual transmissions. The diesel automatic has been discontinued but the i20 will get an automatic box in May. Hyundai claims that fuel efficiency has improved by 9 per cent; tank capacity, on the other hand, has been reduced by 5 litres to 40 litres. According to our tests, the diesel returns 15.32kmpl in the city and 21.29kmpl on the highway.
Hyundai Elite i20 Variants
The Elite i20 is available in 12 variants in total: 6 petrol variants and 6 diesel variants. The petrol variants are priced between Rs 5.35 and Rs 7.90 lakh while the diesel versions are priced between Rs 6.73 lakh and 9.15 lakh (all ex-showroom Delhi). ABS and dual front airbags come as standard. Central locking and speed-sensing auto door locks are also part of the standard package across the range but ISOFIX mounts and curtain airbags are reserved for the Asta(O) only. The 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system is available with the Asta variants only along with rear parking sensors and reversing camera. The Spotz and Magna Executive on the other hand make do with a 2-DIN system and no parking aids.
Elite i20 Exterior and Interior
Most of the changes made to the Elite i20 are cosmetic in nature, as you would expect from a facelift. The new grille up front is essentially a beefed up version of the older one. The front bumper looks sharper and gets smaller front fog lamp enclosures. A cool touch here is that they include slim air curtains to reduce drag. It also gets restyled 16-inch alloys on the Asta dual-tone and Asta (O) variants which are lifted directly from the Euro-spec car. At the rear, the tail lamps have been redesigned, but the biggest change however is that the number plate has been shifted from the bumper to the tailgate, which has already divided opinions.
The cabin is mostly the same as before. You still get the dual-tone dash finished in beige and black, with the trademark Hyundai steering wheel and a similar centre console layout. There are however subtle changes, like one of the 12V sockets in the centre console that has been replaced with a USB port. The MID or multi-information display has been tweaked and is more comprehensive. The 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment is still in place but features a revised user interface and the Arkamys sound tuner system. Hyundai has also added the Auto Link telematics app that allows users to remotely access information like distance travelled, hard braking or acceleration and travel time. The all black interiors are available with the dual-tone variants only. The dual –tone variants also feature coloured accents in the cabin as well. The dual-tone paint is available with the Asta variant only and also gets adjustable rear headrests, 16-inch alloy wheels and costs Rs 25,000 over the standard Elite i20 Asta.
Hyundai Elite i20 Competitors
Ford Figo : The Figo is an all-rounder that does a bit of everything. It’s spacious, well-equipped and, if you pick the diesel (especially in the S trim), it’s a hoot to drive as well. Did we mention it sips through a pinched straw all the time?
Volkswagen Polo : The Polo may not have set the sales charts on fire but it has its own little fanclub. Primary reasons being the rock-solid build quality inside out, and the fun-to-drive engines in the GT variants. It might seem a bit dated to some, but we aren’t complaining just as yet!
Honda Jazz : With space that could shame a few apartments in Mumbai, the Honda Jazz is a sensible hatch for the practical lot. The engines are refined, equipment levels are on par with its peers and it’s backed up by Honda’s reputation for reliability and after-sales support.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno: A properly well-rounded package, the Baleno is hard to fault. It’s got the right mix of fun, practicality, tech and frugality.
The Elite i20 has stood the test of time and the facelift does just enough to keep the it relevant in a highly competitive segment. The new i20 features a few changes but is essentially still the same car with slightly improved driving dynamics. So if you’re looking for a frugal yet youthful family hatch, the i20 is still a viable option.
Hyundai Elite i20 Variants Price List
- Petrol (7 Variants)
- Diesel (5 Variants)
Hyundai Elite i20 Latest Updates
The third-gen i20 hatchback is on its way and has been spied testing in Europe. A redesigned front-end with a bigger grille, redesigned headlights, tail lamps and LED projector fog lamps are some of the changes that can be expected in the new model. The upcoming i20 is expected to retain the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines from its predecessor and it could even borrow the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine from the Venue. A sportier N version was also spied testing, hinting at a probable Polo GTI rival. Expected to go on sale in mid-2020, the new i20 is likely to be priced at a slight premium over the current version.
Top Competitors of Elite i20
Rs. 5.59 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.14 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 6.50 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.84 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Hyundai i20 Active
Rs. 7.74 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 5.93 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 6.58 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 5.79 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Rs. 5.00 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Rs. 7.22 lakhCompare with Elite i20
Editor's View of Hyundai Elite i20
Upmarket styling, features, comfort and convenience, now sports a smooth CVT automatic option too
Has lost some of it's premium features (like auto dimming IRVMs) over time.
The new Elite i20 is a step up in design and styling but sports the same engines and gearboxes.
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Elite i20
- Sports elite i20 has two sir bags only and no isofix for a child seat(its a sport option)..then also built and safety is top notch ...baleno fails in that ..but balenos mileage is better.so opt for magna CVT auto or manual nesring 10 lac..2 lac more than zeta..or buy petrol magna of elite i20..same price as zeta. : By Joshy | 11 hours ago
- It's completely matter of choice! if i had to pick one, it'd be i20 any day for engine refinement and comfort! it's the best! however baleno is no less when it comes to petrol engine. so it's your call! : By Debashish | 2 months ago
- In all attributes i 20 is better quality ,fit n finish if u r looking for mileage then it's baleno but again it's built quality is bit let down : By Minak | 1 month ago
- Sports is value for money but if you can afford Asta optional it's also value for money because it has luxury features : By Atul | 1 day ago
- In my opinion Sportz is the best value for money variant. I have asta petrol, but I don't feel the extra features make much difference. If you have no issue with budget, only then you should go for asta. : By Anil | 8 months ago
- In my view hyundai I20 sports variant is value for money : By Yasir | 2 months ago
- Considering the fact that the Hyundai Elite i20 is a premium hatchback and on the other hand, the Venue is a compact SUV. Both cars possess their high and low points. The Elite i20 Sportz Plus is more fuel-efficient than the Venue S by a small margin. The engine, power, and features are mostly the same. If you are looking for a spacious car with a good room, you may go for the Hyundai Venue S and if you prefer to have a commuter car in the same price range, you may go for the Elite i20 Sports Plus. For a detailed comparison, follow the below link - Compare. Moreover, you may have a test drive of the cars for a better idea of comfort and drive quality offered. For this, you may visit the nearest dealership in your city - Dealers. : By Zigwheels | 5 days ago
- Don't even Compare Both of them because they don't fall under a same segment. But if you want a best Highway performance Opt for i20 and Tiago is also a great Bt doesn't come at a same price point.If your budget is high go for i20. Build quality of both the cars are great. If you really want a Tata car at premium hatchback segment wait for the Tata altroz. : By Mahesh | 5 days ago
- Don't even think of comparing both of them. Because Elite I20 is in a different league. If you can afford more, then definitely go for Elite I20. Tata engines have a bad reputation : By SASIKIRAN | 6 days ago
- There's a huge difference in the driving experience. Tiago is a small vehicle which feels a little bulky while driving. i20 is comparatively big and luxurious. : By Akshay | 6 days ago
- Elite i20 is obviously good compared to Grand i10. But it is an entry level verient is misses out all bells and whiesels compared to Grand i10 top model. I suggested you to go with Grand i10. : By SUSANTA | 1 week ago
- If you say top variant of grand i10 vs lower version of i20 than go with the top variant 10 otherwise i20 is step forward car from i10. My opinions are always for petrol cars. : By Mahendra | 3 months ago
- I20 it is a four cylinder diesel engine refinement but superior to the Grand i10 and cost wise I think it makes sense even if you take a lower model of I20 rather than taking top end model of Grand i10. : By Nawab | 1 year ago
- I have used i20 for 9 years and used to do service from the authorised service center once in every 6 months. They charge 5000 rupees for every service which I think is reasonable. Service cost per year is around Rs10000. : By Ryne | 1 week ago
- As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 11 -12 km in city & highway around 14 - 16 km depends driving pattern. You can easily get around 16 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac.Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 5- 7 thousands with service interval 10000 km. : By Vinay | 10 months ago
- Haven't faced any maintenance issues with the petrol edition. however it varies from person to person and driving habits. however in terms of number it's the minimum you've gotta spend! : By Debashish | 2 months ago
- It's good car very good comfort level, good build quality materials used inside & outside of car but need to compromise with mileage of petrol i20. But one thing sure once you enter inside of car & drive it, you feel premium car like Audi driving experience. Performance wise car takes times to get pick up in 2nd gear, It easily go 60 - 100 km without any extra efforts very smoothly after 1500 - 2000 RPM. Need to say if you are looking for premium class with good comfort can go blindly with i20 but mileage wise slightly low compare to any Maruti vehicles... What else to say further.... As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 11 -12 km in city & highway around 14 - 16 km depends driving pattern. You can easily get around 14-15 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac.Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 5- 7 thousands with service interval 10000 km. : By Vinay | 1 year ago
- Overall the experience with the car is just awesome. Its been now 9 years and driven almost 150000 kms. No heavy amount incurred till now on maintenance. Be it comfort, premium interiors, overall quality is superb. There is only and only one issue - in petrol, mileage is a bit less. Overall a complete package car for a family of 4. : By Vishal | 4 weeks ago
- The car is pretty comfortable. Diesel Engines performs really well when compared to Petrol Engine but that doesn't mean the Petrol Engine is Under Powered. But if you really want performance, then go for Volkswagen Polo GT TSI or TDI. Polo is the benchmark for drivability and performance in the segment. : By SASIKIRAN | 6 days ago
- Elite i20 is a good car, very good comfort level, good build quality materials used inside & outside of car but need to compromise with mileage of petrol i20. One thing is sure once you enter inside of car & drive it, you feel premium car like Audi driving experience. Performance wise car takes times to get pick up in 2nd gear, It easily go 60 - 100 km without any extra efforts very smoothly. Need to say if you are looking for premium class with good comfort can go blindly with i20 but mileage wise slightly slow compare to any Maruti vehicles... What else to say further.... As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 11 -12 km in city & highway around 16 - 18 km depends on driving pattern. You can easily get around 17 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac. Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 5- 7 thousands with service interval 10000 km : By Vinay | 7 months ago
- Got this car 1 month earlier. It is good for the family purpose. Spacious and feels premium in the cabin. Fit and finish are great in the car. It is not fun to drive the car but its comfortable and smooth in driving which gives very good feedback. And lastly, Hyundai customer service is very good. I don't give 1 star more probably because I think in India car brands should give at least 180mm ground clearance and Hyundai too should consider this. : By Surojit | 11 months ago
- City 14 to 15 lts and highway 18.5 to 19 litre Maintenance cost is very less first 2 years free service and from 3rd year approx 6k : By Minak | 4 weeks ago
- Elite i20 is a good car, very good comfort level, good build quality materials used inside & outside of car but need to compromise with mileage of petrol i20. One thing is sure once you enter inside of car & drive it, you feel premium car like Audi driving experience. Performance wise car takes times to get pick up in 2nd gear, It easily go 60 - 100 km without any extra efforts very smoothly. Need to say if you are looking for premium class with good comfort can go blindly with i20 but mileage wise slightly slow compare to any Maruti vehicles... What else to say further.... As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 12 -13 km in city & highway around 17 - 18 km depends on driving pattern. You can easily get around 17 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac. Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 4- 5 thousands with service interval around 10000 km... : By Vinay | 6 months ago
- The performance is awesome. You will never get tired of driving this car. Smooth drive, easy shifting of gears, High pickup and so many. You will daily get amazed while driving this car. : By Nishant | 1 year ago
- Good performance in the city and also on the highways : By Yash | 2 months ago
- At the max of 5 years used car will give good drive.. But under one condition.. please let the expert or authorized staff to check the vehicle chassis, engine, AC, body, etc are in first untouched condition or not. : By Amos | 9 months ago
- Depends on the mileage it has clocked and how well it is maintained. Drive the car and check for the brakes, acceleration, ac cooling and interiors and then take a call : By Saumya | 9 months ago
- Elite i20 is a good car, for used car it depends on how well it is maintained. : By Prateek | 9 months ago
- When the reading are reset the zero, the numbers go haywire and to extremes because the instantaneous value of mileage depends on what gear you are and on what speed. For example, driving at 30 speed on gear one, will show you mileage of 4 or 5 and then while driving down the hill at 6th gear without pressing the accelerator will give you around 80 or 90 :). So this is instantaneous readings. But once your car has covered enough distance, the readings start falling back to average. Give it some time to calculate the average. You can trust the readings of the mileage only after you have touched more than 100 kms or more. Till then you may see a lot of variations. : By Preetham | 10 months ago
- Please see it again its 80 KMPH not 80Kmpl its depend on your driving both mileage and speed both depend on your driving skill how you treat your car if you drive politely then you got better mileage : By SRY | 10 months ago
- Na... It happens on my bike too... The instant mileage is sometime shown... Just reset the mileage and add a new trip... Will b fine : By Harsha | 10 months ago
- I own a 2015 elite i20 asta, star dust, the scratches are easily visible on White and Grey, Fairy Red and marine blue are bright colors even if you get some scratches the layer behind paint is black, it won't make much different in the Marine blue but black will overshine in the fairy red, but I liked Stardust the most elegant and sober color it is. : By Nikhil | 1 year ago
- For Marine Blue Scratches are easily visible but apart from that in my 1.5 + years ownership color is intact as it was in delivery day.My other family member own Fairy Red ,IMHO it is less maintainable than Marine Blue. : By Avijit | 1 year ago
- I don't think so, fairy red is very attractive on road, but need to keep clean more frequently compare to white or silver : By Vinay | 11 months ago
Hyundai Elite i20 Images
Hyundai Elite i20 User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.5/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
43% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Our first preference was to buy Ford figo but the varriant we wanted ford couldn't deliver so we choosed Elite i20 petrol and after 2 years I think it was best decision. We had a little less budget so we purchased the era varriant that is very rare and difficult to get. We bought it in 2017 november. I am driving the car for 2 years. Done about 9000 kilometers. The only one thing to sacrifice about it is the milage. I am a light footed driver. Always shift to 5 th gear in 60kmph and very ocassionally go over 100kmph. I get milage about 9-10 in town with ac and 13-15 in highway. But for its very good built quality and comfort I never mind for it. And one more thing I am talking about 2017 model. One of my friend bought 2018 model he is getting 11 in town and 16-17 in highway. For the people who prefers cars which give peace of mind while driving prefers a car which is very easy and efortless to drive i20 is one of the best 5 seaters under 10 lakhs for them. Talking about maintanance, Out of 3 service 2 service is the major oil change service which I had to pay the for consumables and for wheel balancing and allignment. In 1st year oil change service I paid 1950 including engine oil oil filter and wheel balancing. In 2nd year service I paid about 2850 including Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Wheel Balancing and Wheel allignment. According to my idea its very reasonable. For my experience in 2 years If someone looking for a family car for driving 3-4 days in a week and 500-600 km in a month and go for long rides ocassionally then i20 is best hatchback for them. Backseat space is also great so 5 adults can seat in the car for long rides.
Very nice. Sale Executive respond and explain everything about the Do & Don't of the vehicle and what is the function and how to operate with all the Features provided.I am worried only with the poor mileage. 10 to 12 KMPL in the city, 15 to 16 KMPL in the highway. Since i'm from Shillong the Hilly areas, found that the performance is very weak. Little bit up or hilly vehicle wont go in a 2nd Gear. About Features i really appreciated, its really well and good. Vehicle is very stable no vibration even at the speed of about 120KMPH or 150KMPH. Only the SEAT is not comfortable as it is created as a Box type, for a long journey its really create a back pain and uncomfortable.
I own the Hyundai I20 since 2016.Hyundai i20 is an amazing car, the driving experience is excellent, good acceleration and worth buying this car. The car has great safety features, music system, excellent sound quality. A.C, of the car gives proper cooling. The car is much spacious with ample legroom. It has great boot space.Hyundai i20 is my favorite car ever I bought it before 2.5 year. Still, I didn"t find any problems in my car that is how good it is. Hyundai has done a great job in making this car. I have completed 36000 kilometers but still, it is very good in the condition so it is good to go for the i20.
it's a good car. Very good comfort level, good build quality materials used inside & outside of car but need to compromise with mileage of petrol i20. But one thing sure once you enter inside of car & drive it, you feel premium car like Audi driving experience. Performance wise car takes times to get pick up in 2nd gear, It easily go 60 - 100 km without any extra efforts very smoothly after 1500 - 200 RPM. Need to say if you are looking for premium class with good comfort can go blindly with i20 but mileage wise slightly slow compare to any Maruti vehicles... What else to say further.... As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 11 -12 km in city & highway around 14 - 16 km depends driving pattern. You can easily get around 16 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac. Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 5- 7 thousands with service interval 10000 km.
it"s a worse car, very poor pickup due to rubber band effect.diffcult to overtake other vehicles on highway. I sold out my new car with in 2 months due to above problem. Mileage is also very poor in city traffic 9-10 kms only. it"s my heartily request to all of you don"t by cvt, AMT cars go for DSG transmission like Volkswagen Polo GTI or Vento Tsi. If you have any doubt call me on 902****441.
It's awesome I love it's comfort
Nice handling good mileage low on economy
Petrol version performace is not much punchy but comfort wise excellent, material used is excellent, mileage is less, built quality excellent.
Mileage is quite low for a hatchback
The car is good but the pickup is bad the diesel version is way better I even had the older i20 which had superior build quality compared to the 2016 edition in the 2016 edition the metal body is made thinner than the previous generation to cut on the production cost
Hyundai Elite i20 Expert Reviews
Hyundai Elite i20 : Detailed Review
Is the new generation Hyundai Elite i20 really an un-compromise? Our test drive has the answerAug 18, 2014 | By Vikrant Singh Photography: Eshan Shetty
2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Petrol Automatic: Road Test Review
We finally get the Hyundai Elite i20 automatic we wanted. Is it the Elite i20 automatic we deserve?Jun 2, 2018 | By Tushar Kamath
2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Review: The 5 Big Differences
Some of the changes are obvious, while others are just skin deep. Here’s a rapid roundup of the changes made to the Hyundai Elite i20 faceliftMar 19, 2018 | By Tushar Kamath
Hyundai Elite i20 Colours
Polar White Dual Tone
Passion Orange Dual Tone
Fiery Red Dual Tone
Hyundai Elite i20 VideosAll Elite i20 Videos
Hyundai Elite i20 Mileage
Hyundai Elite i20 Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 13,965|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 22,544|
Hyundai Elite i20 News Updates
2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Launched At Auto Expo 2018 For Rs 5.35 Lakh To Rs 9.15 Lakh
Hyundai has integrated minor cosmetic revisions and a small increase in price.Feb 7, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
New Spy Shots Of The 2020 Hyundai i20 Reveal Design Details
Hyundai’s premium hatchback is likely to be unveiled at Auto Expo 2020 and go on sale by mid-2020Nov 19, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
The 2020 Hyundai i20 Cabin Packs Some Cool, Geeky Features!
The Honda Jazz and Maruti Baleno rival was spied sporting a digital driver’s display and lane keeping assistNov 8, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels