Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
Maruti Wagon R is a 5 seater hatchback car available at a price range of Rs. 4.45 Lakh to 5.94 Lakh in India. It is available in 14 variants and 7 colours. Maruti Wagon R comes with BS6 compliant petrol and CNG engine options. The Wagon R has a boot space of 341 litres. The petrol engine of Wagon R is a 998cc unit and 1197cc unit which generates a power of 67.05bhp and a torque of 90nm. The 998cc CNG engine of Wagon R puts out 67.05bhp of power and 90nm of torque. The Wagon R is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic. The mileage of Wagon R ranges from 21.79 Kmpl on petrol to 33.54km/kg on cng.
Maruti Wagon R Latest Updates
Maruti Suzuki has launched the BS6 Wagon R S-CNG in India. The LXI CNG and LXI (O) CNG variants now cost Rs 5.25 lakh and Rs 5.32 lakh respectively, up by Rs 19,000. Maruti claims a fuel economy of 32.52km per kg. The CNG Wagon R’s continuation in the BS6 era is part of the carmaker’s ‘Mission Green Million’ initiative announced at Auto Expo 2020.
Previously, the carmaker had updated the 1.0-litre powertrain to meet BS6 emission norms. It develops 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque, same as the BS4 unit. However, the updated motor now returns 21.79 kmpl, which is a little less than the BS4 unit’s 22.5kmpl claimed figure. Barring the CNG variants, the prices of the Wagon R 1.0-litre have been hiked by Rs 8,000.
Wagon R Specifications
Wagon R Variants
It is offered in L,V and Z variants. While the 1.0-litre engine will be available in the L and V variants only, the 1.2-litre engine will be offered only in the V and Z variants. If you want an AMT, you will have to choose between the top two variants. The CNG variant is only available in the 1.0-litre engine and the base L trim.
Wagon R Features
Maruti Wagon R Competitors
It takes on the likes of the Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Santro in India.
6 Offers Available
Maruti Wagon R Summary
|Engine :||998 - 1197 CC|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||21.79 Kmpl - 33.54 Km/Kg|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol / cng|
|Transmission :||automatic / manual|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Gear Box :||5 Speed|
|Fuel Capacity :||32 Liters|
|Minimum Turning Radius :||4.7 metres|
|Length Width Height :||3655*1620*1675|
|Boot Space :||341 Litres|
Maruti Wagon R Price
The price of Maruti Wagon R starts at Rs. 4.45 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 5.94 Lakh. The price of petrol variant of Wagon R ranges between Rs. 4.45 Lakh to Rs. 5.94 Lakh. Maruti Wagon R is available in 14 variants and 7 different colours.
- Petrol (12 Variants)
- CNG (2 Variants) |
- Manual (9 Variants)
- Automatic (5 Variants)
Maruti Wagon R Price List in India
Editor's View of Maruti Wagon R
Comfortable ingress and egress, spacious cabin, large boot, basic safety kit on all variants
Weak cabin insulation, fixed rear headrests, Zxi variant not fully loaded
The WagonR continues to be a sensible practical hatchback. It’s now stronger, more feature loaded, more powerful and safer. Importantly, the prices have not gone up substantially.
Maruti Wagon R Mileage
Top Competitors of Wagon R
Rs. 4.41 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 4.6 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 5.19 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 3.7 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 4.57 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 4.89 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 2.94 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Rs. 2.92 LakhCompare with Wagon R
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Wagon R
- Price of swift starts where wagon r ends ..wagon r may seem plasticky but has good Crump zones.swift miserably failed got 2 star for its safety.So do the wagon r unstable in potholes and turns .so as a good city car with airbags ad stsndard along with abs and ebd go for swift petrol or diesel which comes with great mileage. wagon rs cng has 30 kasper lister ....so mind the price .and the aversge use..if senior citizens are there they can walk into a wagon r.if you want a stylish hatch back which don't care of rear space swift.
- WagonR is also a fantastic car to drive. You can go for it for occasional tough or adventurous rides. Its (WagonR) driving comfort for tall person is better than with a Swift. However, Swift appears more spacious & good looking than WagonR. If you are a tall man & hv a small family of 2-3 in total, self driving & occasionally like to go out of city.....can go for an WagonR. However, mileage of WagonR might be lesser than Swift.....
- Well, it's based on your individual requirements, like daily commute, family use, looks, etc. The WagonR has good ingress and egress and is more of a family car. It is good if you have senior citizens at home. The latest one has a larger boot as well. The Swift on the other hand is more sporty, looks good.Large windows in WagonR give a roomier feel, whereas it is opposite in Swift. The interiors in the Swift are better when compared to WangonR. Both cars offer easy drivability, low maintenance costs and good resale value.
- Considering the swift LXI and Wagon R VXI 1.2, the Wagon r VXI will come with more features. Both shares the same platform and same engine too. Since the wagon r is lighter it will be more peppier to drive. There will be more passenger space inside too as it follows the old tall boy design structure. Since both cars are from the same manufacturer, both are equally good. Swift came from a more premium segment while the wagon r is from the mid class segment. From the version you have pointed out, the wagon r 1.2VXI will be better then the Swift LXI
- It depends on factors and how you priorities them. Wagon R has a tall boy design so if you are tall then ingress and egress will be better in wagon R. Creature comforts will be better in comparison to the swift Lxi model. In city riding conditions both cars are good, on highway swift will perform better because of its aerodynamic structure. Overall swift Lxi is a proven brand and model when comparing to the Wagon R 1.2. Engine credential are same for both though swift will be peppier of the two.Hope this helps to make up your mind!
- Both have same 1.2 litre engine ..fun to ride opt out you from s cng.Wagon r practical but fun on driving is missing..swift gives all you want with 2 or 3 on board. so swift lxi is my choice for you sir.(shhhh see the price once again in your city).
- The 1.0-litre engine is a 3-cylinder unit which generates 68PS/90Nm on the other hand the 1.2-litre engine is a 4-cylinder unit which offers 83PS/113Nm. The 1.2 litre engine feels way more punchier an agile than the 1.0 litre unit. Moreover, the Wagon R is a big car therefore the 4 cylinder unit with more power and better torque makes it ideal for quick acceleration.
- As the name suggests, 1.2 ltr means more power for quick acceleration. but it will also increase petrol bill.
- The whole character is different,1.0 is a 3 cylinder making 69hp1.2 is a 4 cylinder making 83 hpRefinement,power,drive is a plus in 1.2 and mileage is plus in 1.0
Maruti Wagon R User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling3.5/5
Preferred For : Family
30% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
I want install a rear 📷 where is zxi install camera in back I want see can you help me
Better than other car example balle no.
The car is still in pretty good condition. I am planning to buy another one too now as I have expanded my business to new territories.
best car with respect mileage and maintenance cost.
Yes .very nice.this car .very comfortable car.
Well, my dad was riding a 10 year old i20, we just wanted to upgrade to a new small car , since he is 65 years old and need a small and automatic car. I did various researches and shortlisted Santro Magna & Wagon R VXI 1.2 Optional. I was shocked to know that Santro has dual Airbags in only Asta model (Does safety feature has any thing to do with models ?) Anyways, finalised Wagon R VXI Automatic (O) since this model is having dual front Airbags but ultimately purchased ZXI AMT.Drive was very good, engine was refined but i had slight issues with the Dealer, who gave me August 2019 Car on 23rd January and even i asked him about model, he said, for 2020 manufactured cars you have to wait for couple of months but when dealer is giving a 6 months old car, then atleast some discount should have been provided. Glad that vehicle is BS6 (As said by Dealer, but I don't trust them) There were some scratches / minor dent in front bumper, which i checked and told to Dealer (He replaced with another new car, Sad that same will be sold to someone else).I was dissapointed by the fact, if someone is buying a new car, then Dealers can make you fool.This is not my first car, prior to this our family already ownedToyota Qualis 2000Toyota Qualis 2003Toyota Qualis 2004Toyota Innova 2006Maruti Wagon R LXI 2007Hyundai I20 Asta 2009Hyundai i20 Asta 2013Hyundai I20 Sports 2013Maruti Wagon R ZXI AMT 2020
I have bought my wagon R vxi model on September 2015 and I have driven about 53000kms so far including a single day journey of 1100 kms from Kolhapur in Maharashtra to Chennai via Karnataka. Overall performance of the car is satisfactory. It is extremely comfortable and spacious and can easily accommodate 5 persons. Overall mileage is average . I am getting about 13 km/l in city and about 16-17 km/l on Highway. maintenance cost is satisfactory and if you put company synthetic Engine Oil it goes about 6500/- to 9500/- in one time service visit after 10000 kms.Positive 1. Commendable road visibility and big spacious interiors.2. Lot of room to put bottle holders and other items in the car.3. Hassle free city and highway driving4. Easy on maintainance5. Easy ingress for taller and women due to door opening at 90 Degree angle.6. Decent fuel tank capacity of 34 litresNegative :1. Poor plastic components in interior which start rattling after 15000 kms2. Mileage is less for a 998 cc car3. No bluetooth connectivity, multi functional steering wheel or touchscreen infotainment system at the time of purchase.4. Poor stock tyres that give away in 33000 kms.5. Poor cabin insulation for road noises.
The car do look like a box ,there is nothing glamorous about the car even the new version are becoming uglier generation by generation .Do not give comfort of even sitting for someone of height 6 ft .The boot space is so less (yeah! Yous hould be like what do you want for that price) but yes the dashboard parts continously hit your knees ,not comfortable at all still I am not talking about the rear seats they are even worse ,engine sometimes gets dead during the shifting of gears (Not only me I have seen every driver struggling on that).There is no safety measures in the car( My uncle once met with accident in our car fortunately he was thrown away from the car when the car fall into a ditch ,if he was not he surely had died ,the car was turned into a heap of metal junk ,there ia not even body skeleton it was like when a kabadiwala come to your house for garbage and he crush everything to be fitted in his bag ,the car was no less than it..Hope they pay attention to safety features and add some air bags and body skeleton to the car .Yes suzuki car are meant for mileage ( we have seen ad on like "kitna deti hai" ) but seriously not only mileage counts plus don"t make it like a box .
HiI bought WagonR 1.2 VXI on 17 Mar 19.It is best in design and features for the value you are going to spend.Earlier I owned WagonR 1.0Comparing to that this was much much much better.Performance: picks up immediately accelerator response is amazing.Suspension: no jerk or jumps in high wayCabin noise: Excellent work by Maruti. No outside noise in cabinCabin space: very spacious and comfortable 5 seater carMusic: Excellent work again. Great experience with music player and default speakers. I have added 2 JBL speakers in back it adds more to moving music.Features: steering wheel control gives comfortable drive with balanced music and phone calls with touching your mobile or music player.Instantaneous mileage provides you to maintain a better mileage of your car. In high way it gives 24.5 at the speed 80~100.Over all worth for money.Thanks to Maruti.
2005 model Lxi now re registered hardly run for 40K kms. no major repairs, air conditioner cooling coil replaced. regularly changing oil, oil filter etc. The car is fuel efficient giving around 18 to 20 in high ways, 14-15 in city. I am not a spirited driver. But occassionally for a short sprint the car is good. But not good in twists & corners. Mainly used as a family car. Originally came with power steering, ac & all door electric lock (not central lock I think). I affixed reverse camera, display & sony stereo & 4 speakers. The car still drives smoothly even after 15 years. I love the practicality though not thought about it the time of buying.
Maruti Wagon R Expert Reviews
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Vs Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago: Compact Hatch Comparison
The WagonR sits between the most affordable cars of India and the more aspirational hatchback space. This segment has grown with the times and now features new players like the upmarket Santro and the feature-rich Tiago. Has Maruti added enough oomph to the WagonR to see it regain its crown?May 16, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
New Maruti Suzuki WagonR 2019: First Drive Review
What has one of India’s best-selling practical hatchbacks evolved into?Jan 31, 2019 | By Jagdev Kalsi
Maruti Wagon R Images
Maruti Wagon R Colours
Maruti Wagon R Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 13,386|
Maruti Wagon R News Updates
BS6-compliant Maruti Suzuki Wagon R CNG Launched At Rs 5.25 Lakh
The carmaker has finally updated the Wagon R’s CNG variants to BS6Feb 14, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Silently Updates The Wagon R 1.0-litre Petrol To BS6
The BS6-compliant petrol-only 1.0-litre Wagon R costs Rs 8,000 moreNov 21, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Premium Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Spied Testing
Could it be the new entry-level model in the Nexa lineup?Sep 17, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Recalls Over 40,000 Units Of WagonR
Over 40,000 units of the WagonR equipped with the 1.0-litre engine are said to be affectedAug 23, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2019 Maruti WagonR CNG Launched At Rs 4.84 Lakh; Only Available In Base Variant
More than a month after Maruti launched the third-generation WagonR, the CNG dual-fuel option has been introducedMar 1, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1999-2019 - The Journey
20 years, 7 models, 3 generations and one nation. Here is the story of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR.Feb 4, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Wagon R Offers
OfferWagon R LXI offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 04 Jun-30 Jun
OfferWagon R VXI Opt offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 04 Jun-30 Jun
Maruti Wagon R FAQs
What is the price of Maruti Wagon R Top Variant?
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Maruti Wagon R is 5.94 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Maruti Wagon R?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Maruti Wagon R is 21.79 Kmpl - 33.54 Km/Kg. Also check User Reported Mileage of Wagon R.
What is the EMI of Maruti Wagon R in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Maruti Wagon R in Delhi is Rs. 8,618 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Maruti Wagon R?
What is the boot space in Maruti Wagon R?
The boot space in Maruti Wagon R is 341 L. View full specification of Wagon R