About Maruti Baleno 2015-2022
Maruti Baleno 2015-2022 Overview
Maruti Suzuki has teased the 2022 Baleno, yet again, revealing a bigger 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system (from current model’s 7-inch unit), and Arkamys-tuned audio system. Other cabin highlights will include a head-up display, connected car tech and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The facelifted hatchback will come with the existing model’s 90PS 1.2-litre Dualjet petrol engine, with a mild-hybrid system. Transmission options will include a 5-speed manual as standard and probably an optional CVT (for the Dualjet unit). It will likely be offered in four trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta, and Alpha.
We expect Maruti Suzuki to price the 2022 Baleno at a premium over the current model, which retails from Rs 6.14 lakh to Rs 9.66 lakh (ex-showroom). The facelifted hatchback will renew its rivalry with the Hyundai i20, Toyota Glanza, Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, and Volkswagen Polo.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2015-2022 Colours
Metallic Premium Silver
Pearl Phoenix Red
Metallic Magma Grey
Pearl Arctic White
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Baleno 2015-2022
- Most Relevant
- Both the cars are good in their forte. The Honda Amaze scores well in most departments: - a punchy diesel motor, sedan-like comfort, and a well-loaded practical cabin. The weak link has to be its petrol engine, which is extremely refined and just about acceptable for city commutes but not for spirited driving. If you want a more exciting petrol sedan, you might want to look at the Aura’s turbo-petrol or, even the Dzire petrol. On the other hand, If you are looking for a hatchback that ticks a lot of boxes, the Baleno is a great option. There's plenty of features, efficient engine options and more space than a number of more expensive sedans. For a better understanding of compatibility and driving comfort, we would suggest you to take a test drive. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership.Read more -Honda Amaze Facelift First Drive - Changes Make It A Better Sedan?.
- The made-in-India Baleno has suffered ignominy. The premium hatch cut a sorry figure as it got a 0-star rating in the latest round of assessment. Read more -India-spec Maruti Suzuki Baleno Fares Miserably In Latin NCAP Crash Test.
- Selecting the right car would depend on certain factors such as your budget, features required, brand preference, comfort, cabin space, etc. As per your requirements, we would suggest you go for Polo. It still manages to do a lot right though in terms of solid build quality, strong set of essential features as standard and adds on top of that, great performance and a delightful driving experience. Moreover, we would suggest you take a test drive for a better understanding of performance and driving comfort. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership.
- Selecting between the Maruti Swift and Baleno would depend on certain factors such as your budget, preference of the segment, features required, ride quality, performance preference, etc. If we talk about Swift, with its refreshed looks, color options, and a new engine, the Swift is now more youthful and fun. Its funky styling still gets attention and has lots of modification potential too. Its playful chassis and steering make it quite a hoot to drive. The new update should build on the dynamic abilities of the Swift package but with the increase, it's still the priciest in its segment. On the other hand, the Baleno offers a good fit and finish compared to any other car in the Maruti portfolio. The car looks beautiful from the outside and isn’t too bad on the inside either. While the diesel may seem underpowered, it makes up a lightweight body and splendid fuel economy. Something that Maruti has always been synonymous with. In terms of performance, it falls in the middle of the segment and the car is easy to drive in city conditions. The Baleno is a step up from the Swift in terms of what it offers. It’s perfect for someone who is looking for something more than the Swift and at the same time wants to retain the peace of mind of owning a Maruti Suzuki. Moreover, we would suggest you take a test drive for a better understanding of comfort, features, performance, and compatibility. You may click on the link and select your desired city for the dealership.
- Maruti Suzuki has equipped the 2021 Swift with the 1.2-liter DualJet petrol engine (90PS/113Nm), introduced on the facelifted Dzire that comes with an idle start-stop feature for improved fuel efficiency. It gets the same 5-speed manual and AMT gearbox options as before. On the other hand, Baleno comes with a 1.2-liter petrol engine (83PS/113Nm), mated to either a 5-speed MT or a CVT. The hatchback also gets a 1.2-liter Dualjet petrol engine with mild-hybrid tech (90PS/113Nm), paired with a 5-speed MT.
- The only difference is of the transmission and the kerb weight. CVT’s are the most different kind of transmission on this list as they don’t have actual gears. They instead work on a belt-driven system that is suspended off two pulleys. CVTs tend to offer a smooth driving experience as they are very linear in their nature and this is quite good for city driving. A CVT requires a smooth driver and this kind of transmission is not built keeping a sporty dynamic in mind. It is thus not the best option if you like picking gaps in traffic or making quick overtakes. Some CVT’s come with built-in fixed gear ratios that closely mimic a conventional automatic in feel and function.
- Zeta Cvt was the automatic version. Now the CVT gear box is replaced with AMT
Maruti Baleno 2015-2022 User Reviews
Features & Styling4.3/5
Nice drive on long way.And btter mileage find car good service to maruti sujuki.Share
4.7Very nice experience till
Very nice experience till now 2023 and no problem that i have faced it.Also on long journey drives very smooth and performance is outstanding.Share
137000 kms driven very good
137000 kms driven very good car.Steering is the only problem faced so far, Worth for money invested.Share
Great car best performance very comfortable family car easy ride experience best in class carShare
4.3Very good for family
Very good for family and even for partying with friends. So much features are available at this price range.Share