Jeep Compass is a 5 seater SUV car available at a price range of Rs. 18.04 Lakh to 29.59 Lakh in India. It is available in 13 variants and 7 colours. Jeep Compass comes with BS6 compliant petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine of Compass is a 1368cc unit which generates a power of 160.77bhp and a torque of 250nm. The 1956cc diesel engine of Compass puts out 160.77bhp of power and 250nm of torque. The Compass is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic. The mileage of Compass ranges from 14.3 Kmpl on petrol to 17.1 Kmpl on diesel.
Jeep Compass Latest Updates
The Jeep Compass has been launched in a new Night Eagle trim level in India at Rs 21.95 lakh (ex-showroom). It slots between the Longitude and Limited trim levels of the SUVs, and gets black-themed exteriors, 18-inch black alloy wheels, and all-black interiors. It's available in front-wheel-drive diesel-manual and petrol-DCT automatic powertrains.
Jeep India has launched the Night Eagle Edition of the Compass with prices starting from Rs 21.95 lakh (ex-showroom). The new variant gets a blacked-themed exterior and interior revisions like a gloss-black finish for the grille, 18-inch alloy wheels, an all-black interior, roof rail, and dual-tone black roof.
The Night Eagle Edition will hire the standard model’s 170PS 2-litre diesel engine and the 163PS 1.4-litre petrol engine, paired to a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed automatic transmission, respectively. The diesel-automatic powertrain has been skipped in this edition.
The Compass’ line of variants now range from Rs 18.04 lakh to Rs 29.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The mid-size SUV is an alternative to the Skoda Kodiaq, Tata Harrier, VW Tiguan, Citroen C5 Aircross, and Hyundai Tucson.
Jeep Compass Engine
Jeep Compass Variants
The new Jeep Compass is offered in four broad variants: Sports, Longitude, Limited, and Model S as well as a limited edition offered to commemorate Jeep’s 80th anniversary. It’s offered in the following colours: Techno Metallic Green, Galaxy Blue, Bright White, Exotica Red, Minimal Grey, and Magnesio Grey.
Jeep Compass Features
Jeep Compass Competitors
Jeep Compass PriceCompass price starts from Rs. 18.04 Lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Compass comes in 13 variants with 7 colour options. The price of Compass petrol models ranges between Rs. 18.04 Lakh to Rs. 26.59 Lakh while the price of Compass diesel models start at Rs. 19.74 Lakh and the top diesel model is priced at Rs. 29.59 Lakh. Compass automatic models starts from Rs. 20.62 Lakh and comes in 6 variants to choose among.
- Petrol (6 Variants)
- Diesel (7 Variants)
- Manual (6 Variants)
- Automatic (7 Variants)
1368 cc . Petrol . Manual
|Rs. 18.04 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View All Offers|
2.0 Sport Diesel
1956 cc . Diesel . Manual
|Rs. 19.74 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View All Offers|
1.4 Sport DCT
1368 cc . Petrol . Automatic
|Rs. 20.62 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View All Offers|
Looking for Loan on Jeep CompassEMI Calculator Explore finance Option
Compass User Reviews
Costly maintenance and breaks down midway. My 3 year old jeep compass broke down midway in a hot summer day when i was driving along with my 5 month old kid just a month after service. When i took the car to workshop with the help of crane, They said the fuel pump had worn out. Since warranty period was over, I had to pay a bill of rs.1.5 lakh. Even after that, They don't give you any warranty that the same problem won't occur even within a month. There was another car with same problem in the workshop with 10000 km and two months old only.Even after getting every service from their workshop, It can't be said that the car won't break down midway.
Off roading experience is best
The jeep compass trailhawk is basically a rugged off-roading version of the compass. Its major enhancements include revised bumpers, Raised suspension, And a 4low mode with a 20:1 ratio to help crawl steep inclinations, Which altogether improve the suvs off-road credibility. It will also get improved traction, Articulation, Maneuverability and water crossing ability. The off roading experience of this car is the best and i will definitely say that it is the best.
Really Happy with the Car.
Really happy with the car.The feel and finish of the interior is just awesome.Comfort level is beyond expectations.But it will burn your pocket a little bit because the maintenance cost is a bit high.But overlooking it, You'll get a full performance packed suv in this price segment.I'm happy with my purchase!.
The 1956cc diesel engine of
The 1956cc diesel engine of the Jeep Compass puts out 160.77bhp of power and 250nm of torque. The compass is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic.The mileage of ranges from 14.3kmpl on petrol to 17.1 kmpl on diesel. The mileage of the Jeep compass is very good considering it is a heavy car and is a very good off-roading vehicle too. I like the looks of the car as well as the driving experience.
It is a great vehicle to drive in cites and also in urban areas.Has wonderful features and driving it is very enjoyable also being a passenger is very comfortable.Has good built quality and wonderful controls.
More Customer Reviews of Compass
Jeep Compass Images
- 10 more
Jeep Compass Colours
- Minimal Grey
- Grigio Magnesio Grey
- Bright White
- Brilliant Black
- Exotica Red
- Galaxy Blue
- Techno Metallic Green
Jeep Compass Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Claimed||User Reported
This is the real mileage given by maximum number of Compass owners
|Diesel||Automatic||14.9 Kmpl||14 Kmpl|
|Diesel||Manual||17.1 Kmpl||14 Kmpl|
|Petrol||Automatic||14.1 Kmpl||12 Kmpl|
|Petrol||Manual||14.3 Kmpl||9 Kmpl|
Jeep Compass News Updates
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Compass
- Jeep Compass S variant doesn't feature light on vanity mirrors.
- Jeep Compass features a tyre size of 255/55 R18. Moreover, You may go for a big sized tyre but upsizing the size of a tyre is increasingly becoming an obsession with people to create an added visual appeal to their car. Moreover, It is advisable to go for an upgrade anywhere between the 3% margin for better performance and handling, increased grip and creating a visual appeal. Do take note that upsizing the wheels and tyres may decrease the fuel efficiency of the car and may result in a speedometer error on the car if upsizing is not correct.
- When it comes to mechanical changes, there have been none. All the hardware -- the 2.0-litre diesel engine, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, 6-speed manual, 9-speed auto (diesel), and the 7-speed DCT (petrol) -- stay the same, with no changes to their power outputs. While suspension hardware is the same as well, we feel that the tune has been altered for the better. The Compass now doesn’t quite feel as heavy riding as before. So, smaller sharp-edged bumps like level changes, expansion gaps, and speed breakers don’t upset the cabin as they did previously. Also, there is a noticeable improvement in the crashing sound from the suspension. In terms of the performance and driving characteristics of the diesel motor paired with the 9-speed automatic that we’ve driven before in both the Limited Plus and the TrailHawk before are pretty much the same. For a better understanding of compatibility and driving comfort, we would suggest you to take a test drive. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership..Read more -2021 Jeep Compass Road Test: Proper Premium = Better Value?.
- Jeep Compass is up for a mid-life update in India. The front of the Compass gets some significant updates. This includes a slightly redesigned, sharper-looking seven-slat grille finished in black with honeycomb inserts and a touch of chrome. Jeep has given the interior of the new Compass a complete makeover. It gets a tan colour highlight in the cabin for the first time which could be offered in the India-spec model too. The new Compass is already being tested in India and could be launched here by Q2 2021. Read More: - 2021 Jeep Compass In Pictures: Exploring All Corners Of The SUV - You Can Now Unofficially Book The Jeep Compass Facelift
- Choosing a perfect car will depend on several factors such as budget, fuel type, brand preference, seating capacity, specific feature requirements, etc. If you are an off-road enthusiast and want a car with admirable off-road abilities and refreshed looks, then the Mahindra Thar would be a better pick. Whereas, Compass delivers on critical fronts like handling, off-road ability, and stunning design. However, you do pay a premium for the extra off-road ability. Moreover, we would suggest you to take a test ride before making the final decision. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership details.
- Mahindra thar
- Both the cars are good in their own forte. The XUV700 comes across as a very sensible, usable and family-friendly machine that packs potent engines and incredible segment-first safety technology. On the other hand, Jeep Compass feels proper premium in all areas now, both in terms of the features it packs, the experience in the cabin and the way it drives. So it gets an all-round thumbs up from us. For a better understanding of compatibility and driving comfort, we would suggest you to take a test drive. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership.Read more -2021 Jeep Compass Road Test: Proper Premium = Better Value?..-2021 Mahindra XUV700: First Drive Review.
5 Other Things You Might Want To Do
Jeep Car Dealers in DelhiChange City
Landmark Jeep- South Delhi
D5, Block No. B1, Mathura Road, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110044
Landmark Jeep- West Delhi
10 A, Najafgarh Rd, Moti Nagar, opp. L & T, Karampura Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110015
What is the price of Jeep Compass Top Variant in 2022?
The 2022 ex-showroom price of top variant of Jeep Compass is 29.59 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Jeep Compass in 2022?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Jeep Compass is 14.3 - 17.1 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Compass.
What is the EMI of Jeep Compass in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Jeep Compass in Delhi is Rs. 34,897 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Jeep Compass?
What are the best financing options for Jeep Compass?
Is Mahindra XUV700 better than Jeep Compass?
57% users have chosen Mahindra XUV700 over Jeep Compass in a survey being conducted on zigwheels.com. Check out the Detailed Comparison.
Is Tata Harrier better than Jeep Compass?
55% users have chosen Tata Harrier over Jeep Compass in a survey being conducted on zigwheels.com. Check out the Detailed Comparison.
From The Community
Q. We are planning to purchase Jeep Compass. What cha ...
Asked by Neha Jain
Q. Hi, owning a new longitude plus automatic 4X4. Any ...
Asked by Sree Kumar 2 Answers
Q. Which is the best car between Jeep Compass 2021 an ...
Asked by Jithesh G 2 Answers
Q. When will the price list be revealed for Jeep Comp ...
Asked by Sadananda Elangbam 1 Answers
Q. Is Jeep Compass front wheel drive or rear wheel dr ...
Asked by Sanjay Pathak 2 Answers
Q. What is the waiting period for Jeep Compass?
Asked by Prashant Gohel 1 Answers
Q. Can I exchange with old 2018 model Jeep Compass li ...
Asked by Muneer Sain 2 Answers
Q. Is sun roof available in Jeep Compass?
Asked by Jayaprasadsathyan Jayaprasad 2 Answers
Q. Do you really feel that Jeep Compass S model is fa ...
Asked by Maulikkhurana 4 Answers
Q. Is Jeep Compass 4×4 available in petrol?
Asked by Lucky 183 2 Answers
Jeep Compass Road Tests
Jeep Compass Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 44,196|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 51,401|