Jeep Compass Key Specifications & Features
|Engine and Transmission|
|Engine||1368 - 1956 CC||Transmission||Automatic / Manual||Max Power||167.67bhp@3750rpm|
|Performance and Fuel Economy|
|Fuel Type||Petrol / Diesel||Fuel Capacity||60 Liters||Mileage||14.1 - 17.1 Kmpl|
|Brakes & Steering|
|Brakes Front||Disc||Brakes Rear||Disc||Steering||Power|
- Airbags (Driver, Passenger and Side Front)
- Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
- Central Locking
- Power Steering
- Max Torque (350Nm@1750-2500rpm)
Jeep Compass Car Latest Updates
Jeep has removed the petrol powertrain option from the Compass’ lineup. This makes the 2-litre diesel the only option available for the SUV. The petrol could make a comeback in the time to come, but no confirmation on it just yet.
Jeep Compass Engine
Jeep Compass Variants
The Jeep Compass is available in five broad variants: Sports, Longitude, Night Eagle, Limited, and Model S.
It’s offered in the following colours: Techno Metallic Green, Galaxy Blue, Bright White, Exotica Red, Minimal Grey, and Magnesio Grey.
Jeep Compass Features
Jeep Compass Competitors
The Jeep Compass rivals the VW Tiguan, Citroen C5 Aircross, Tata Harrier, and Hyundai Tucson.
Jeep Compass PriceCompass price starts from Rs. 21.44 Lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Compass comes in 10 variants with 7 colour options. The price of Compass petrol models ranges between Rs. 22.07 Lakh to Rs. 28.29 Lakh while the price of Compass diesel models start at Rs. 21.44 Lakh and the top diesel model is priced at Rs. 31.64 Lakh. Compass automatic models starts from Rs. 22.07 Lakh and comes in 5 variants to choose among.
Compass Price List (Variants)
Compass 2.0 Sport Diesel
1956 cc . Diesel . Manual
|Rs. 21.44 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View June Offers|
Compass 1.4 Sport DCT
1368 cc . Petrol . Automatic
|Rs. 22.07 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View June Offers|
Compass 2.0L Night Eagle Diesel
1956 cc . Diesel . Manual
|Rs. 23.80 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View June Offers|
Jeep Compass User Reviews
In the compass, The 4x4 mode is combined with the 4-low mode.The suv is outfitted with 18-inch tyres that provide excellent traction, As well as awd.The hefty pillars hinder visibility at times, But the 360-degree camera comes in handy in this situation.The compass can readily overcome most obstacles if you use appropriate throttle and braking motions.Ground clearance is adequate, However certain portions may result in underbelly scratches.In this instance, Hill descent control is also beneficial.There will also be settings such as snow, Auto, And sand/mud.While not a true off-roader, The jeep compass holds its own on difficult terrain.Share
Jeep compass performance
Jeep compass performance is best but expensive of jeep compass is high, Decent drive will keep mileage goodShare
The latest Jeep Compass is more expensive than its competitors, and that's even though it theoretically provides less inside space. Even so, it is a powerful SUV, and if you're looking for a name-brand vehicle with capability, this improved Compass should be at the top of your list.Share
Very comfortable vehicle and spacious i like the look of the vehicle the green colour is the bestShare
Jeep compass the driving experience is excellent; it is very comfortable and makes it feel very difficult to be operating an suv.The features are excellent, So it will undoubtedly dominate the market, And the price is very satisfying.Share
Compass has a very simple yet striking design.The minimalistic design means it will age very well.Compass is a very practical vehicle with a very good passenger comfort and good boot space.The ride and handling of the car is very good.The suspension set up is just right.The bonnet is long and the driver sits a bit lower.Thus it takes some time to get used to the car.Clutch is on a heavier side.But if you are looking to get the best out of this beautiful 2.0 fiat engine, You need to go for manual.The engine is very powerful and the power is available at all times.The sixth gear gets the best out of this engine and at cruising speeds, The engine purrs along very smoothly.The suspension and aerodynamics of the car make it a very comfortable cruiser and miles pass without any effort.The steering is slightly on a heavier side but that allows for a very good feedback.The infotainment system is decent, Though one expects a better system for a car at this price range.But the music system more than compensates for small glitches on the touch screen infotainment system.Another thing to note is that the approach angles are not very good.Thus one needs to be careful about the front getting scratched or banged at potholes, Steep climbs and descents and steep speed-breakers.The heavy clutch can be a bit tiring in traffic situations.But overall, A very well packaged car and a great suv for driving enthusiasts.Share
The purchasing process went
The purchasing process went well.Driving it is enjoyable; it seems like a car with solid footing and is a little heavy on the road, Which is excellent.The appearance is excellent, Especially in green.The servicing experience was nice but: as others have noted, There is a clicking noise coming from the cabin that constantly changing, Sometimes coming from the right, Sometimes from the left, And sometimes from beneath the dashboard.This is such a significant issue that it requires a paragraph or two.A white box-like object attached to the wires under the front passenger seat generates noise by rubbing on the seat's structure.Usually, The service centre is clueless.Share
Costly maintenance and breaks down midway. My 3 year old jeep compass broke down midway in a hot summer day when i was driving along with my 5 month old kid just a month after service. When i took the car to workshop with the help of crane, They said the fuel pump had worn out. Since warranty period was over, I had to pay a bill of rs.1.5 lakh. Even after that, They don't give you any warranty that the same problem won't occur even within a month. There was another car with same problem in the workshop with 10000 km and two months old only.Even after getting every service from their workshop, It can't be said that the car won't break down midway.Share
Off roading experience is best
The jeep compass trailhawk is basically a rugged off-roading version of the compass. Its major enhancements include revised bumpers, Raised suspension, And a 4low mode with a 20:1 ratio to help crawl steep inclinations, Which altogether improve the suvs off-road credibility. It will also get improved traction, Articulation, Maneuverability and water crossing ability. The off roading experience of this car is the best and i will definitely say that it is the best.Share
More Customer Reviews of Compass
Cars Similar to Compass
Rs. 14.00 LakhCompass vs XUV700
Rs. 14.99 LakhCompass vs Harrier
Rs. 32.95 LakhCompass vs Meridian
Rs. 13.05 LakhCompass vs Scorpio-N
Jeep Compass Offers
OfferCompass 2.0 Limited Opt Diesel offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 24 May-31 May
OfferCompass Model S DCT offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 24 May-31 May
Jeep Compass Images
Jeep Compass Colours
Compare Compass with Alternatives
|Jeep Compass||Mahindra XUV700
View May Offers
View May Offers
View May Offers
View May Offers
|Rs.21.44 Lakh onwards||Rs. 14.00 Lakh onwards||Rs. 14.99 Lakh onwards||Rs. 32.95 Lakh onwards||Rs. 13.05 Lakh onwards|
|4.3 62 reviews||4.5 174 reviews||4.5 186 reviews||4.2 17 reviews||4.4 179 reviews|
|1368 - 1956 CC||1999 - 2198 CC||1956 CC||1956 CC||1997 - 2198 CC|
Jeep Compass Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Claimed||User Reported
This is the real mileage given by maximum number of Compass owners
|Diesel||Automatic||14.9 Kmpl||14 Kmpl|
|Diesel||Manual||17.1 Kmpl||15 Kmpl|
|Petrol||Automatic||14.1 Kmpl||12 Kmpl|
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Compass
- The Jeep Compass rivals the VW Tiguan, Citroen C5 Aircross, Tata Harrier, and Hyundai Tucson.
- The fuel tank capacity of the Jeep Compass is 60 liters.
- The Compass is offered in 15 variants namely 1.4 Anniversary Edition DCT, 2.0 Anniversary Edition, 2.0 Anniversary Edition 4X4 AT, 1.4 L Night Eagle, 2.0L Night Eagle Diesel, 1.4 Limited Opt DCT, 1.4 Longitude Opt DCT, 1.4 Sport DCT, 2.0 Limited 4X4 Opt Diesel AT, 2.0 Limited Opt Diesel, 2.0 Longitude Opt Diesel, 2.0 Sport Diesel, Model S 4X4 Diesel AT, Model S DCT, Model S Diesel.
- Jeep Compass is up for a mid-life update in India. The front of the Compass gets some significant updates. This includes a slightly redesigned, sharper-looking seven-slat grille finished in black with honeycomb inserts and a touch of chrome. Jeep has given the interior of the new Compass a complete makeover. It gets a tan colour highlight in the cabin for the first time which could be offered in the India-spec model too. The new Compass is already being tested in India and could be launched here by Q2 2021. Read More: - 2021 Jeep Compass In Pictures: Exploring All Corners Of The SUV - You Can Now Unofficially Book The Jeep Compass Facelift
- Both the cars are good in their own forte. The XUV700 comes across as a very sensible, usable and family-friendly machine that packs potent engines and incredible segment-first safety technology. On the other hand, Jeep Compass feels proper premium in all areas now, both in terms of the features it packs, the experience in the cabin and the way it drives. So it gets an all-round thumbs up from us. For a better understanding of compatibility and driving comfort, we would suggest you to take a test drive. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership.Read more -2021 Jeep Compass Road Test: Proper Premium = Better Value?..-2021 Mahindra XUV700: First Drive Review.
- Choosing a perfect car will depend on several factors such as budget, fuel type, brand preference, seating capacity, specific feature requirements, etc. If you are an off-road enthusiast and want a car with admirable off-road abilities and refreshed looks, then the Mahindra Thar would be a better pick. Whereas, Compass delivers on critical fronts like handling, off-road ability, and stunning design. However, you do pay a premium for the extra off-road ability. Moreover, we would suggest you to take a test ride before making the final decision. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership details.
- Mahindra thar
Jeep Compass Car News Updates
Jeep Compass FAQs
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Jeep Compass is 31.64 Lakh (Delhi).
The ARAI claimed mileage of Jeep Compass is 14.9 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Compass.
The EMI for the base variant of Jeep Compass in Delhi is Rs. 41,475 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
The top 3 competitors of Jeep Compass are Mahindra XUV700, Tata Harrier and Jeep Meridian.
New car loan - get upto 100% loan on your car! Loan against car - your old car will pay for your new car!
Yes, Jeep Compass is good car to buy in terms of features, comfort and looks. Its quite commendable and reliable.
Yes, 6 automatic varient are available in Jeep Compass, first one is Jeep Compass 1.4 Sport DCT at Rs 22.07 Lakh, Jeep Compass 1.4 L Night Eagle at Rs 24.25 Lakh, Jeep Compass 1.4 Limited Opt DCT at Rs 26.09 Lakh, Jeep Compass Model S DCT at Rs 28.29 Lakh petrol variants and Jeep Compass 2.0 Limited 4X4 Opt Diesel AT at Rs 29.44 Lakh, Jeep Compass Model S 4X4 Diesel AT at Rs 31.64 Lakh diesel variants
Yes. all variants of the Jeep Compass come with air-conditions
Jeep Compass Road Tests
Jeep Compass Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 44,196|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 51,401|