Honda CBR650R Latest Updates
Honda has officially started accepting bookings for the new 2019 Honda CBR650R. This 650cc faired sports bike is expected to launch in India in the next couple of months and will replace the ageing CBR650F here. According to Honda, the new bike will be priced below the Rs 8 lakh mark (ex-showroom) and the new bike can be booked from any of Honda's 22 'Wing Word' dealerships across India by paying a token amount of Rs 15,000.
The new Honda CBR650R gets a complete makeover and looks like a smaller version of Honda’s flagship litre-class superbike, the CBR1000RR. Features include new twin LED headlamps and a fully-digital instrument console that replaces the dated twin-pod digital instrument cluster seen on the CBR650F.
The 649cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four engine has been updated for translates a stronger mid-range and a higher revving motor. It now makes 95PS at 12,000rpm and 64Nm at 8500rpm. You now get a slipper clutch. Electronics include multi-stage traction control.
The new bike weighs 6kg less thanks to a lighter frame and smaller fuel tank. Suspension updates include Showa Separate Function upside-down front forks and a preload-adjustable rear monoshock. Its 310mm twin front discs get new radially mounted Nissin four-pot calipers while the rear gets a larger 240mm disc.
Honda CBR650R Summary
|Engine :||648.72 cc|
|Emission Type :||BS6|
|No Of Cylinders :||4|
|Torque (Nm@rpm) :||60.1 Nm @ 8000 rpm|
|Power :||88.37 PS @ 11500 rpm|
|ABS :||Dual Channel|
|Seat Height :||810 mm|
|Kerb Weight :||210 kg|
|Engine :||648 CC|
|Colors :||Grand Prix Red Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic|
Honda CBR650R Price
Honda CBR650R is going to launch in India with an estimated price of Rs. 7.7 Lakh
CBR650R Variants Price List
Editor's View of Honda CBR650R
Slightly more sporty and aggressive than the outgoing model but not as much as a full-blown supersport, Engine has become more powerful, putting out 95PS, New frame and components make it 6kg lighter.
BS6 version yet to arrive in India, One of the priciest inline four motorcycles in the middleweight segment.
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying CBR650R
- Why there is no bookings for 650r in goa,, even though bike is launching in next year..The manager of goa rajee Margoa in goa says .
- It would be too early to give any verdict as CBR650R is not launched yet. So, we would request you to wait for its launch.
- Honda CBR650R hasn't been launched in India yet. So, you may go for Kawasaki 2020 Ninja 650. In the BS6 version, the performance hasn't been changed and now with the new tyres it gets better road grip. The bike has been restyled for 2020 with a sharper fairing and new LED headlights inspired by the Kawasaki Ninja 400 as well as a new 4.3-inch colour TFT instrument console that can be synced to your smartphone using Kawasaki’s Rideology app. Apart from this, Kawasaki has tweaked the pillion seat to make it a bit more comfortable than before. The rider's seat height stands at 790mm, which is the same as the older-gen model, and at 15 litres, the fuel tank capacity is also the same as its predecessor. Do tgake a test ride in order to get better clarity. Check out authorised dealership details.
- But what CBR 650r i mean the sound of in line 4 cylinders.. that is a huge missing with Kawasaki's twin parallel cylinders.. Once a CBR fan remains always a CBR FAN..Bcuz I had CBR 150R then Afterwards CBR250R.. Now waiting for CBR650R BS6 model..There's no comparison between CBR650R and Ninja 650..Im sorry if anyone got hurt with words.. but my Heart always fall for CBR only..❤️
- But I think kawasaki is best👍👍 then CBR 650 🤷♂️
- What do you mean side facing...?😂🤣 I hope not what I got.. Like our grandmas did at donkeys..No look. That bike is fast, you can't sit side ways like you mean. As about the seat itself (back lillion), it's not that comfortable the truth is.
- As the pillion seat is very small the pillion rider would be uncomfortable for the long tours. As being a sports bike the pillion rider is expected to sit front facing on the pillion seat as the side facing seating posture isn't appropriate ergonomically. Moreover, the pillion rider has a risk of falling down the vehicle causing injuries or even life risk.
- Medium Comfort at High Speeds. Super Comfy till 90 Kmph for any Pillion
- I too agree 10 lac otr for a refined cbr650.It resembles its 1000 cc siblings..sometimes to the 250.Its a pure 4 cylinder..no need for after market exhaust. Ninja 650 with excellent refinement, stability is a two cylinder sports tourer less heat from engine tft display excels when in terms of price and service excellence. Why not zx 6R 2 lac more ..than cbr with a real track gene Thanks.
- If you go through ninja better wait for 2-3months because ninja650 2020 is coming model much sexier than the old version
- Cbr650r will be best bcoz it has inline 4 sounds sexier then ninja 650 and lesser service cost compared to Kawasaki
- The Z900 is a power-packed naked sport whereas the Honda CBR 650R is a sports baked roadster with frugal acceleration. When it comes to the power and torque figures, there is no match to the Kawasaki Z900 as you can call the Z900 a speed monster. With the insane power figures such as 125 PS of humungous power and 98.6 Nm of peak torque which makes this bike is unique in itself. Moreover, the CBR 650 R makes 88.37PS of gigantic power and 60.1 Nm of torque. If you are looking for a bike with thunderous power figures on paper as well as on the road you can go for the Z900. Moreover, if you are l9ooking for a good looking bike with the good power figures you can go with the CBR 650 R. Moreover, we would suggest you take a test ride of both the bikes so that you may evaluate the bikes according to the comfort, features and ride quality to select the best bike for yourself.Click here for the dealership: https://www.zigwheels.com/bikes/dealers Click here for the comparison: https://www.zigwheels.com/bike-comparison/honda-cbr650r-vs-kawasaki-z900
- Depends what fancy you, honda is more subtle but the z is a maniac, I found her quite a handful and decided to go for the more timid honda, plus service and spares are cheaper as compared to the Kawasaki's
- Different categories, different styles, different tastes. I can't just answer this cause it would be my personal opinion. For me CBR. But it depends for what use, what you like etc.
- For first bike I think no bike in this category is good, haha. I say that cause of the power that has. You could better go to a cbr 250 and then to 600 or 650.
- Heavy in the front a bit taxing on your wrists at times but power is not scary unless you want her to beso you decide, plus changing her firings aren't exactly cheap
- If you feel it just go for it,even ninja 650 is a good option for beginner but cbr 650r is inline 4....worth a shot brother 👍
Honda CBR650R Images
Honda CBR650R Colours
Grand Prix Red
Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
Honda CBR650R News Updates
Honda Flexes Design Prowess With This Sexy CB4X Concept At EICMA
The minimalist ADV concept looks like the Japanese interpretation of the MV Agusta Turismo VeloceNov 5, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Top 5 Motorcycle News Of The Week: 2020 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Spied, New Big Bike Launches & More!
There’s a new Xiaomi electric moped in the market too!Apr 28, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda CBR650R: 5 Things You Need To Know
Here’s a complete rundown on the newly launched Honda CBR650RApr 24, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda CBR650R: Same Price Other Options
What are the alternatives to the mid-capacity CBR?Apr 23, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda CBR650R vs Honda CBR650F: What’s Changed?
Just a design exercise or there’s more to the CBR650R than the 'R' suffix?Apr 23, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Honda India Rides In The CBR650R
The new motorcycle is priced at Rs 7.70 lakh, ex-showroom pan-IndiaApr 22, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels