Jawa 42 is a cruiser bike launched at a base price of Rs. 1.55 lakh in November 2018 by Jawa Motorcycles in India. 42 is powered by 293cc engine claiming mileage of 37kmpl. 42 has a single cylinder, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, dohc engine and a 6 speed gear box. Jawa 42 comes with disc breaks in front and rear with a support of ABS. It is available in 4 variants and 5 colours.
Jawa 42 Latest Updates
The Jawa BS6 and Jawa Forty Two BS6 have been launched. The Jawa Forty Two BS6 is available with single-channel and dual-channel ABS and commands a premium of Rs 5,000 to Rs 9,925 over its BS4 predecessor. Jawa claims the addition of a cross port allows the BS6 motor to offer cleaner emissions, similar power outputs to the BS4 model and retain the signature Jawa exhaust note. The Jawa BS6 and Jawa Forty Two, like the Perak, will be available from April 1st onwards. Know more details here
The Forty Two is a classic-looking motorcycle with modern underpinnings. It gets a simple retro gauge, halogen headlamp and bulb type tail lamp and turn indicators. It is a compact bike with exquisite attention to detail. Powering the BS4 motorcycle is a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder motor that makes 27.37PS and 28Nm of torque. The motorcycle comes with a double-cradle frame. The suspension setup includes a conventional front fork and twin rear gas-charged shock absorbers.
The Jawa Forty Two competes with the Royal Enfield Classic 350.
Specifications Summary of Jawa 42
|Engine :||293 cc|
|Emission Type :||BS4 / BS6|
|Fuel Type :||petrol|
|Power :||27.3 PS|
|Gears :||6 Speed|
|ABS :||Dual Channel|
Jawa 42 Price
The price of Jawa 42 starts at Rs. 1.55 lakh and goes upto Rs. 1.69 lakh. Jawa 42 is offered in 4 variants - Single Disc, Single Disc BS6, Double Disc and the top variant 42 Double Disc BS6 which comes at a price tag of Rs. 1.69 lakh.
Jawa 42 Variants Price List
Jawa 42 Videos
Top Competitors of 42
Royal Enfield Classic 350
Rs. 1.46 lakhCompare with 42
Rs. 1.64 lakhCompare with 42
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X
Rs. 1.64 lakhCompare with 42
Rs. 1.96 lakhCompare with 42
Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Rs. 1.22 lakhCompare with 42
Benelli Imperiale 400
Rs. 1.80 lakhCompare with 42
Bajaj Dominar 400
Rs. 1.90 lakhCompare with 42
KTM 250 Duke
Rs. 2.01 lakhCompare with 42
Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Rs. 1.87 lakhCompare with 42
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
Rs. 2.86 lakhCompare with 42
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying 42
- Yes, The new Jawa is BS4 as written in form22 which you get at time of delivery before april 2020.
- No change in performance only the air exhaust norms are met in bs6 engine
- If I will book now then I will get BS4 or BS6
- The Jawa 42 sits between the different Royal Enfield Classic 350 variants that are on offer currently. It offers a retro design with modern underpinnings that should perform well. What’s more, it is likely to be more reliable in the long run as well. Meanwhile, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 looks more modern but should offer an old school feels thanks to its motor. You also get more variants to choose from as well as a rear disc brake and dual-channel ABS. Ultimately the Jawa 42 offers a modern bike with a classic design while the Royal Enfield Classic 350 is a retro-modern design with old school mechanicals, which makes it feel like you’re riding something from an era gone by. While comparing these two Classic Legends we have only one thing to say that "Legends are not meant to compare there are meant to ride". So suggest you to take a test ride of both the Legendary motorcycles to know which one is better for you.Royal Enfield Classic 350 Vs Jawa 300: Spec Comparison :- https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/royal-enfield-classic-350-vs-jawa-300-spec-comparison/32303/ Jawa 42 vs Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Comparison:- https://www.zigwheels.com/bike-comparison/jawa-motorcycles-42-vs-royal-enfield-bullet-350-twinspark
- I hope ajay is little but prejudicial towards 350x because his every answer is negative for jawa. However jawa supersedes in performance, built and ergonomics. From the 27 bhp which is jawa as compared to the 19 bhp of 350x, jawa is comparable to the 500x which gives the same bhp. Now lets talk about the vibrations of 350x, on the other hand jawa gives you a very smooth ride. Now lets talk about the pricing for jawa 42 which is 1.55 lacs ex showroom which is approx 20 k less than 350x. The same is with the kerb weight for which jawa offers the machine for 170 kgs on the other hand 350x weighs 190kgs. And yes taller persons can eaily ride jawa.
- Very subjective.. you need to ride both to decide. Both induce different kind of feelings because of their respective engine types. The engine tech and dual abs definitely make the Jawa a more modern machine.. having said that.. do take a test ride of both before you make a decision
- As the bike is recently launched in the market, it would be hard to give a verdict on the service or maintenance cost of the bike. The figures regarding maintenance may differ from one authorized service centre to another due to certain factors like labour cost and the parts that are being serviced amount may change. So there is no specific amount that can be stated. In order to get the details regarding the nearest service centre from your respective city may check the following given link: https://www.zigwheels.com/bikes/dealers/Jawa-Motorcycles
- Sorry to say but it's wrong first service is cost near about 1700 . just only service. nothing is extra
- First service 1000 rs 1150 in surat
- It would be hard to give a verdict as the Jawa Perak hasn't been launched yet. Stay tuned.
- Go for dominor... The jawa in simole words is for beginners.. there's not much performance and when vfm comes as a factor.. dominor 400 wins over everything in its segment... And adding a pillion backrest from lluvia would give a bump in the pillion comfort..
- You can go for Jawa 42....especially for back seat......in Dominar, its risky for pillion because of the initial power of the bike.
- I am.using 42 from october 2019, it has starting problem.. Couple of times it stopped starting even after riding some kms and while restarting..I don't understand it's battery problem or some other
- No thats not true. I extremely cold winters days here in north i am having starting trouble. Since there is no choke and kick still trying to figure out how to start this.
- The Jawa 42 comes with the fuel-injection system for which we don't think that cold temperature would be a problem. For a better insight into the performance, check out the First Ride Review
Jawa 42 User Reviews
Features & Styling4.6/5
+ 2 more
Preferred For : Daily Commute
48% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Around 24 years ago i owned old jawa and rode it for thousands of KM . It will thrill me each and every time i touch the handle bar & pump it to start the engine. The exhaust thump & interval between the next thump cant say in words. Flick & Kick is a wonderful experience . I used to get mileage around 30 kmpl to 35 kmpl. Now to coming new jawa . I went test ride new jawa with imaginations & drove more than 210 km i got mileage of 23kmpl. Engine is powerful till 110 km/hr then it straining to climb speed with vibrations & becomes too noisy .The exhaust sound is like hero splendor bike. There are lots welding visually seen around new jawa . They recreated visibly old jawa . Visually good bike. I didn't get moved or ringed & impressed while riding.I never need a bike for visual pleasure.
This bike is truly wonderful. It's look so lovely like a bobber bike & this bike's engine is great.also this bike is good in mileage. This bike's engine produce more power and torque than Royal Enfield. One of the best things of this bike's is it's double exhaust. This bike is more comfortable than others bike. I am sure JAWA will beat all classic bike companies even Royal Enfield. Thank you.
I have a lot of problem like the speedometer is going in reverse and also front brake is getting locked sometimes. Main problem is the seat and horn. Seat is really hard and bad for long rides and also the horn sounds cheap which is bad for my bike
Got my first servicing done. Seat has been modified for comfort. Got an extra horn and mobile charger fitted.Now one of the sensors not working and dealer says I will have to pay for it.Not a great experience.
one of the worst bike i have drived in my life.My bike started getting rust in less than 3 months,and the service providing from the show is just another level.i rate ZERO for the bike and the service .
i am truly madly deeply in love wid my jawa
Jaws 42 is excellent for cities ride as well as cruising...
Well with very high curiosity I bought this bike. The biggest turnoff was there is no kick start system in it. Secondly the self start is not so updated. Thirdly paint quality is absolutely poor. Fourth the odometer is just like designer mind. Upside down. The fuel gauge doesn’t indicate properly.
Having owned this bike for almost 5 months and used it for daily commute, it definitely has turned out to be value for money. Handling is light and long rides are not cumbersome. You can not zip over the speed-breakers due to low ground clearance but that's what the speed-breakers are built for. Good suspension and seating posture. Please have seat cover with additional cushioning fitted for extra comfort. Service centers are very customer centric. Enthusiasts get 4 exhaust options to select from due to DB killer arrangement. In terms of look it is more retro looking than it's counterpart Java (Java). May look smaller in size with RE models however 42's engine will surprise you with it's response and power.Lower seating also gives you advantage in maneuverability.
Driving comfort is good Best things breaking Bad things ground clearanceIt's no vibration and mileage 35 to 40Sales service is good
Jawa 42 Colours
Jawa 42 News Updates
Kogo Partners With Jawa For ‘The Million Trails Project’
The Delhi-based startup aims to map 3 lakh kilometres of trails on its mobile appJan 24, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
After A Year, Jawa Waiting Period Is Finally Down To 3 Months!
Chennai and Hyderabad still have the longest waiting periodDec 3, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Jawa, Jawa Forty Two To Get Larger 334cc Motor!
The bikes with this motor will be sold as a separate variant alongside the existing modelsNov 15, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Jawa Introduces Updated Delivery Estimator
Updates include delivery timelines for both standard and dual-channel ABS variants of the Jawa and Jawa Forty-TwoAug 25, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Awaiting Delivery Of Your Jawa? Know About Its Arrival Status Here!
Currently, only bookings made until 25 December 2018 can avail this facilityAug 7, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Jawa Dual-Channel ABS Deliveries Start
After almost seven months, the bike maker has finally commenced the delivery processJul 31, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels