Ducati Monster 821 Latest Updates
The Monster is Ducati’s single largest selling range worldwide, characterized by muscular design and an exposed engine and trellis frame.
The Monster line has had numerous variations over the years, since it was first launched in 1993, from entry level 400cc Monsters to top of the line 130PS multivalve, water-cooled superbike-engined versions.
The Monster 821 will be the replacement for the existing Ducati 795 and the Ducati 796 and will be the new entry level Monster offering in the Indian market.
Looks and Styling
The Monster 821 follows trademark design cues of the Monster family, with a muscular, sporty line, characterised by the L-twin engine and unique exposed steel trellis frame.
The imposing 17.5-litre sculpted metal tank presents a muscular image, emphasized by a narrow waistline and a compact headlamp, giving a friendly full frontal appearance. Pirelli Diablo Rosso II rubber with racing derived profile on the ten-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels – the same design as the Panigale and the Multistrada – are said to even increase damping capability.
The Monster 821 uses 43mm Kayaba front forks up front with a single Sachs unit on the rear, adjustable in spring preload and rebound damping, attached directly to the rear cylinder and operating through a die-cast aluminium, double sided swingarm.
Engine and Gearbox
Powering the Monster 821 is a new Testastretta 11 degree 821.1cc L-Twin, which makes 112PS at 9250rpm and maximum torque of 89.2Nm at 7750rpm. The tubular steel trellis frame is attached to the cylinder heads of the Testastretta engine, a method pioneered on the Panigale.
The Ducati Safety Pack concept on the Monster 821 incorporates three-level ABS and eight-level Ducati Traction Control (DTC). The Monster also offers a choice of three pre-set Riding Modes: Sport, Touring and Urban. Each Riding Mode is pre-programmed to instantly change engine character, ABS and traction control intervention – even while riding.
Price and Competition
The Ducati Monster 821 is expected to be priced around Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). In the Indian two-wheeler space, the Ducati Monster 821 will compete against the likes of the Kawasaki Z800 and the Triumph Street Triple.
Ducati Monster 821 Summary
|Engine :||821 cc|
|Emission Type :||BS4|
|No Of Cylinders :||2|
|Torque (Nm@rpm) :||86 Nm @ 7750 rpm|
|Power :||108.7 PS @ 9250 rpm|
|ABS :||Dual Channel|
|Tyre Make :||Pirelli Diablo Rosso II|
|Seat Height :||785-810 mm|
|Kerb Weight :||206 kg|
|Engine :||821 CC|
|Colors :||Yellow , Red +1 more|
Ducati Monster 821 Price
Ducati Monster 821 is going to launch in India with an estimated price of Rs. 10.99 Lakh
Monster 821 Variants Price List
Ducati Monster 821 News Updates
Motoring Personalities That Inspire Us: Fabio Taglioni, The Father Of The Ducati Desmo Valves, L-Twin Engine & Trellis Frame
The Bologna manufacturer will be releasing a small tribute video for the guy who designed the items that have now become quintessentially DucatiJun 9, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
The Monster Goes Dark
Ducati’s flagship Monster looks sinister with its nearly all-black colour schemeSep 12, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Make Your Monster Roar Even Louder With Free Termignoni Exhausts
Ducati is also offering its optional bi-directional quickshifter for free with the Monster 821Apr 2, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Ducati Monster 821 Launched At Rs 9.51 Lakh
Is the mid-sized Monster good enough to go head-to-head against some of the segment’s best naked motorcycles?May 1, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Ducati Monster 821 Launching Tomorrow
The mid-size Monster gets a host of updates and new features!Apr 30, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Ducati To Launch 2018 Monster 821 On 1 May
The mid-sized Monster is set to receive some significant updates, including a new engineApr 25, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Editor's View of Ducati Monster 821
L-twin engine vibey at high revs, feels weighty at low speeds, price
The Monster 821 provides the inimitable muscular styling complemented by great performance and handling. A great bike for daily use, and packed with advanced electronics like Riding Modes and Ducati Safety Pack, the 821 offers pure motorcycling pleasure.
Ducati Monster 821 Videos
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Monster 821
- In terms of safety, Ducati 821 comes with Bosch ABS, Ducati Traction Control (DTC). Riding Modes, Power Modes.
- For this, we would suggest you walk into the nearest service centre as they will be the better person to assist you. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest dealership and selecting your city accordingly - Bike Dealer
- It's the best option in the market
- Depends on which city your buying from.
- We would suggest you to get in touch with authorized dealership as they will be the better persons to assist you in this concern. Click on the given link to get your nearest dealership details: https://www.zigwheels.com/bikes/dealers
- 15k-30k depends on the running of your bike and type of service due for the k's done on your bike
- The Monster 821 provides the inimitable muscular styling complemented by great performance and handling. A great bike for daily use, and packed with advanced electronics like Riding Modes and Ducati Safety Pack, the 821 offers pure motorcycling pleasure. On the other hand, Ducati has managed to strike a good balance with the Monster 797. It may not have the high-end whack and excitement levels that some of its Japanese rivals showcase, but it generates power right where most new riders would use it. It also manages to deliver the fun factor rather well without being too intimidating. Whether it's the perfect upgrade for a customer coming from a motorcycle like the 390 Duke is completely subjective. But it does come across as a great tool if you plan to do some canyon-carving over the weekends while also being able to ride it to the office on a daily basis. Click on the link to compare them: https://www.zigwheels.com/bike-comparison/ducati-monster-797-std-vs-ducati-monster-821-std
- Some features
- Yes 3 modes:1. Urban @70 bhp for city2. Cruiser @90 Bhp for Highway3. Sports @110 Bhp for Fun and single roads, the ultimate of all 3 modes is Sports. The sound from the exhaust also changes increases as the Bhp increases which is good for Highway use as other motorists can hear you while you can speak to your friends in town while engine is running.
Ducati Monster 821 Expert Reviews
Ducati Monster 821: First Ride Review
It is the iconic motorcycle’s birthday this year. The Monster turns 25 and what better way to celebrate than a long ride on the new 821Jul 27, 2018 | By Team ZigWheels
Ducati Monster 821: Review
The new Ducati Monster 821 gets the benefit of electronic goodies, improved cycle parts and, of course, more powerOct 3, 2016 | By Arun Mohan Nadar, Photography - Eshan Shetty
Ducati Monster 821: First Ride Review
The new Ducati Monster 821 will be the premium entry-level Monster in India. To be launched soon at around Rs 9 lakh, the 821 will replace the existing 795 and 796. Before that, we spend some time riding it around northern ThailandApr 29, 2015 | By Team ZigWheels
Ducati Monster 821 Images
Ducati Monster 821 Colours