Bajaj Pulsar 220 F is a sports bike launched at a base price of Rs. 1.08 lakh in May 2009 by Bajaj in India. Pulsar 220 F is powered by 220cc engine claiming mileage of 40kmpl. Pulsar 220 F has a 4-stroke, 2-valve, twin spark bsvi compliant, dts-i fi engine, oil cooled and a 5 speed gear box. Bajaj Pulsar 220 F comes with disc breaks in front and rear with a support of ABS. It is available in 2 variants and 3 colours.
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Latest Updates
The Bajaj Pulsar 220F BS6 has been launched. It is priced at Rs 1,17,296 (ex-showroom, Delhi), a hike of Rs 8,960 over its BS4 predecessor. For this extra premium, you get a cleaner fuel injected motor and nothing more. Other than powertrain updates, the Pulsar 220F remains mechanically and cosmetically unchanged.
The updated BS6-compliant 220cc air and oil-cooled motor gets fuel-injection now. It now makes 20.4PS at 8500rpm and 18.55Nm at 7000rpm. While torque remains the same as the BS4 Pulsar 220F, power has dropped by 0.53PS. The Pulsar 220F BS6 continues to use a 5-speed gearbox.
It still comes in two colours: blue and red. Features are the same projector headlamp, LED tail lamp and semi-digital instrument console. underpinnings include telescopic forks and twin gas-charged shock absorbers. Braking setup includes a front and rear disc with single-channel ABS as standard fitment. Due to the addition of fuel-injection and a catalytic convertor, weight and increased by 5kg.
Pulsar 220 F Specifications
The Pulsar 220F is powered by an updated 220cc fuel-injected motor which makes 20.4PS, which is 0.53PS less than the BS4 variant. The torque remains the same 18.55Nm. It continues to use a 5-speed gearbox. There’s no change in terms of underpinnings. It still uses a telescopic fork at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. Anchorage is provided by disc brakes at both ends paired to a single-channel ABS.
Pulsar 220 F Design
The Bajaj Pulsar 220F continues to sport a semi-faired look with just two colour options to choose from -- blue-black, and black-red. The BS6 version looks exactly the same as the older BS4 model. Bajaj hasn’t even updated the decals on the BS6-compliant model. So if you are expecting an all-new Pulsar 220F, then you might want to wait for some time.
Pulsar 220 F Features
Its features list remains the same as before. It gets a semi-digital instrument console which displays a range of information such as trip meters, odometer, speed and fuel level and backlit switchgear. Single-channel ABS is offered as standard.
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Competitors
The Pulsar 220F competes with the Hero Xtreme 200S. The Xtreme 200S is the most affordable 200cc faired motorcycle, it also has an impressive features list, which works in its favour. The Pulsar 220F, doesn’t boast a long feature list, but it has always remained a proper value-for-money motorcycle for someone looking for a sporty motorcycle.
Specifications Summary of Bajaj Pulsar 220 F
|Engine :||220 cc|
|Emission Type :||BS4 / BS6|
|Fuel Type :||petrol|
|Battery Type :||Full DC|
|Power :||20.4 PS @ 8500 rpm|
|Mileage :||40 Kmpl|
|Gears :||5 Speed|
|Standard Warranty :||2 Years|
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Price
The price of Bajaj Pulsar 220 F starts at Rs. 1.08 lakh and goes upto Rs. 1.17 lakh. Bajaj Pulsar 220 F is offered in 2 variants - ABS and the top variant Pulsar 220 F BS6 which comes at a price tag of Rs. 1.17 lakh.
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Variants Price List
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F News Updates
The Greener Bajaj Pulsar 220F BS6 Is Finally Here
The Pulsar 220 comes full circle, gets fuel injection againApr 1, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Your Bajaj Pulsar 220F BS6 Is Ready For Delivery
The updated Pulsar 220F is slightly less powerful than the BS4 versionMar 19, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
EXCLUSIVE: Bajaj Pulsar 220F BS6 And Pulsar 180F BS6 Specs Revealed
Surprisingly, not much has changed on both bikesFeb 14, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F BS6 Price Revealed, Launch Soon
The updated motorcycle gets fuel-injection and other featuresFeb 11, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Bajaj Increases Price Of The Pulsar And Avenger Range, Again!
The Pulsar 150 Classic and Neon get the biggest hikeSep 17, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Bajaj Pulsars Set To Get BS6 Updates Soon!
Switch to fuel-injected engines might see a price hike of Rs 6,000 to Rs 8,000 depending on the modelSep 3, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Editor's View of Bajaj Pulsar 220 F
Value-for-money, good list of features, touring-friendly dynamics
Still looks the same, has lost the value proposition
The Bajaj Pulsar 220F, despite its age, still remains an aspirational motorcycle for Indian buyers given its performance and features. The BS4 motor isn’t the most refined one out there, so we expect Bajaj might have ironed out that issue in the BS6 version. However, it’s high time that Bajaj rolled out its successor.
Top Competitors of Pulsar 220 F
Bajaj Pulsar NS200
Rs. 1.14 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
Yamaha YZF R15 V3
Rs. 1.41 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
Bajaj Pulsar 180F
Rs. 96,390Compare with Pulsar 220 F
Bajaj Pulsar RS200
Rs. 1.42 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
KTM 200 Duke
Rs. 1.73 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
KTM RC 200
Rs. 1.97 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
Yamaha MT 15
Rs. 1.37 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Rs. 1.22 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
Rs. 1.00 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition 2.0
Rs. 1.25 lakhCompare with Pulsar 220 F
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Pulsar 220 F
- Both machines are absolutely perfect for indian market. I personally like 200 Ns better than 220F but that's my preference of naked sports over fender bikes. But keep in mind pulsar 220 was fastest indian bike for straight few years and that is for a reason.
- What are your needs.. Depends on that. Every vehicle is different and serves a purpose. Need a semi fared with good absorb on bumpy roads 220Need a Naked for streat fighter look. And more focus to engine then ns200
- Both bikes have there good quality. What is u r need and what is u r requirements. It's depends upon it. NS 200 has a ABS but it's a single channel. It has clock seating posture is good. Looking slightly hard seat. But 220 has no ABS no clock. Not so informative display. But it's looking really nice.. I think u should go with NS 200. It has high BHP than 220. Means high pick up. So go for it
- Anti lock braking system or ABS was been there since a very long time back but not so popular in India mainly because of the price,but was a very useful safety features. In ABS, when the brake was suddenly pressed, the wheel will not lock up and your tyres will not skid.This is very useful during rain or on muddy surfaces where traction are low.The sensor present on the wheel itself detect any sudden changes in wheel speed or if the wheel is going to lose traction.It will help you by engaging and disengaging brakes automatically so you can stop safely without skidding. In non abs, braking was more risky at high speeds and stopping distance is much longer then an abs version. The only difference in a pulsar220 is that in an ABS version there will be ABS sensor at the front disc and real wheel lift protection was there which is much safer.It is a single channel abs because of price concern but is more then enough.
- Abs is very important for your safety. So i prefer abs version.. STD means standard braking ABS means automatic braking; prevents braking locking up wheel if hard braking. Abs is anti lock breaking system.
- ABS is ANTILOCK BREAKING SYSTEMSTD IS I don't know it's long form.but if u apply rear break u r front wheel also come slow down. this system is comes with below 125cc bike's.
- In 2019 pulsar 220f is bs4 with single channel abs you get
- No bs4
- My suggestion is go with bs4 model. 1. bs4 cost is low compare with bs6 model.(near about 10,000/-).2. bs6 torque and speed is reduce compare with bs4 model.3. only one changes done by bs6 model i.e pollution reduce compare with bs4 model. remaining all is same.
- BS6 but you will have to wait for some time as it's not yet launched
- In my opinion wait for the BS6 variant
- Bajaj Pulsar 220 F comes with the single-channel ABS.
- Both are very good at their work.. We are not supposed to compare 220 with RS200. Technically RS200 have some advantage
- When it comes to straight line acceleration only. Then 220f will stay at the back wheel of rs until 110 Then RS will shine. Others terms like stability , sound, top speed RS shines. Overall rs is best.
- Well its upon ur choice and depends on usage of bike.... if u need comfort and sports look i will suggest you 220f... and if u need style and performance u can go for rs200.....
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Mileage
|ARAI Claimed||40 kmpl|
|User Reported||40 kmpl|
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F User Reviews
+ 2 more
Features & Styling4.4/5
Preferred For : Daily Commute
54% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
बजाज पल्सर 220f लेने के बाद जब 10000 km चल जाती हैं तो उसका पिकप धिरे धिरे डाउन यानी कम होने लगता है और इंजन ओर साइलेंसर से झन झन की आवाज आने लगती है 40,50 के स्पीड में 26,28 के माइलेज देती है 80,100 के स्पीड से 22 के माइलेज देती है और 100 के ऊपर जाने पर 15,16 का माइलेज देती हैं ओर कमियों के बारे मे इसका फेयरिंग 80 के ऊपर जाने पर इसका मुँह वाला फेयरिंग पूरा आवाज देता है 6 गेयर की कमी है इसमे बाकी सब ठीक है बजाज वाले हमारी ये लेटर देख के बिचार करे की ग्राहकों की तरफ से क्या बाइक में कमी आ रही है उसको ध्यान देके सुधारने का प्रयास करें धन्यवादः
I owned Pulsar 220f on 2012 Jan, starting when I bought it gives me 37 kmpl after 1st service mileage increased to 44kmpl, and after 4th Service it gives me 48kmpl in city and 56kmpl in the highway which was calculated mark. There is very minimum maintenance cost as you don"t need coolant, very reasonable parts (brake pads, brake fluid oil, etc).Braking of this bike is not good I can say as compared to R15V2 R15V3, I feel the initial loss of braking bite especially on rear brakes, I"m very disappointed with my rear brake even I tried to fix by Bajaj Service dealer and also Outside local garage but no improvements as I"m expecting.Performance of the bike is best in its class, but after 9000RPM line engine get strains to get higher speed once I clocked 132kmph and still RPM meter left for top speed.I am seeing that Pulsar 220F is holding still in 2019 market with the same craziness among the youngster As I was during 2012.I want to advise To Mr. Rajiv Bajaj (CEO) and their R&D team to improve engine refinement,more bites on braking (focus more on Rear disc brake)should get Lead on Front lights .
Best low maintenance vehicle with moderate styling. Have been using less these days but did lot many road trips comfortably i.e. over 500 kms in a day. Headlights are superior but bike gets vibrations after few months which never goes away. Servicing outside Bajaj service center worked for me. I get 42 kmpl in city and 46-47 on highway. I do not race a lot so i get moderate mileage. LED lights and ABS are missing in this bike. Perfect for college life but not a good bike for family with a kid. Battery wiring too is adequate. Tyres were not good so I did change it to MRF high quality ones. I did use full synthetic 10w50 oil from Motul which kept my bike"s engine like new one.
jab bhi main apni Pulsar 220 100 speed se upar lekar jata hun vah jhatke maarna shuru kar deti hai uske bad mein jitni bar bhi accelerate karta hun vah 50 se upar nahin jaati hai Aisa lagta hai Jaise usmein fuel kam ja raha hai Maine ttank saaf Kiya karvaya hai main carborator bhi saaf karvaye hai lekin uske bad bhi same problem a rahi hai aurplug bhi sahi hai donon plug check karvaya hone ke bawjud bhi mujhe same problem a rahi hai Maine mechanics ko dikhaya lekin unko hi samajh nahin a rahi hai kya problem kya hai kya mujhe iske bare mein koi solution de sakta hai
My speedlines blue 🔥 BEAST Pulsar 220F 🔥 highlighted me and my family among people in my place and other places!!!The only bike in Indian market with more years of leadership with no other bike can beat it, even with no single update till now except colour scheme!!!His MONSTER head look, roaring exhaust sound is definitely a aggressive monster machine...When will he get full fairing with same monster head and all the features of present day modern bikes???
I an satisfied with my pulsar 220f but the dealer is providing worst service. the mechanical's behavior is very bad and cheaters.
Good design bike 👍 with good performance
it is looking nice and style riding super going
Good bike long tour ke liye comfart hai ye bike
I bought it as my first bike years ago and now im turning it to be a show bike as a racer Cafe bike
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Expert Reviews
2017 Bajaj Pulsar 220F First Ride Review
The Bajaj Pulsar 220F has been updated to meet BS-IV emission norm and has also gotten a few cosmetic updates for 2017. So how different is it to ride?Feb 18, 2017 | By Arun Mohan Nadar Photography: Eshan Shetty
Bajaj Pulsar AS200 vs Bajaj Pulsar 220F vs Hero Karizma R: Spec Comparison
Bajaj has launched a new Pulsar today, the AS200. We tell you where it fits in the market and how it fares against its competitionApr 14, 2015 | By Team ZigWheels
Bajaj Pulsar 220F : Detailed Review
The Kawasaki Ninja 250R does 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds. The new Pulsar 220 from Bajaj Auto is close on the Ninja's heels. Varad More tries to figure out, how close...Mar 8, 2010 | By Team ZigWheels
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Images
Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Colours