MG Hector 2019-2021 User Reviews

4.4/5

Preferred For : Daily Commute

Setu Dani
Setu Dani 1.0 9 Sep 2019

I booked MG Hector on 19th of July, 2019. I opted for the Smart DCT option (Aurora Silver) at MG’s Showroom Ahmedabad which is owned by Concept motors. I had driven MG before booking the car itself. But after booking it I still wanted a test drive. So 2 weeks after booking the car i went down for a test drive. I was with the same sales person who sold me the car. I was just cruising around on the service road when there was a thud noise in the Engine and then the car stopped. I looked on to the information cluster ahead and it showed orange coloured exclamation mark to which the sales person told that there is some issue with the transmission of the car. He called some guy from the technical dept where he told me that transmission had failed and it was the second time something like this happened. The car had only 4200km on the test runs. I cancelled the booking the next day to which their manager told me to wait and let’s see if there was any issue or not. But as I was adamant they proceeded with the refund. Though they told me that the refund will be processed within 15 days, it took them 28 days just to process it and give me the cheque that too after alot of follow ups. The car is good on cosmetics but I don’t think so that you can trust the engine in long run. MG still needs to take care and refine the engine according to indian road conditions. Giving variety of features won’t help if there is an issue in the Engine Quality.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car
Santosh Kumar
Santosh Kumar 4.3 2 Dec 2020

I have purchased with very much thought of available cars in the segment to choose from i had following options xuv i am short heighted so a big nocreta test drive this car but not comfortable with the space it is not a upgrade from my ritz maruti which is more spacious insidemaruti baleno/ ciaz not want to go same logo ritz to ciaz and hence the only option to go with comfortable and road presence is hectorcoming onto modelstyle it has very basic even alloy wheels are not there which i find in this segment of car where we have to go for 15 lakhs spending and finally we will get no alloys!! no acceptedsuper (petrol) a very good model and all basic have been incorporated with alloy wheelsinternet version i didnt want to for as the cost is high and with little tweaks of lights interior, Internet enabled apps.Which are over the requirement.And with super petrol version i drove from delhi to jaipur, 80kmph and 120 kmph warning beeps remind to slow down and drive at ease and comfortablywas able to overtake easily and believe me mg hector has road presence its driving a luxurious car.Spacious was able to dump all the shopping my wife has spend into the rear space still with three luggage inside.Was very nice.

Rahul M
Rahul M 5.0 1 Oct 2020

Mg Hector plus is a supercar with all the features and Looks, look wise its stunning and sensible and with all the features in this price - no car even Toyota Fortuner is not so close to this - after driving fortune 4x4 and after sitting and driving Hector plus you feel amazed, as it's open and fresh and in Fortuner, it was bit claustrophobic bcoz of all close things. Mg did a fantastic touch, its a UK old and trusted brand and manufacturing unit is in Gujrat - do not go with cheap comments on Chinese parts and others as its bot makes sense. In August their growth and selling are 41% up, so you can see the trend, please do see and check the car and drive you will be amazed its an Audi Q7 in 20-23lakhs with all the features. Also, the company is providing 5years warranty which is super solid no other company is giving this kind of support and services and there is no need to worry!! All other cars are not like MG Hector, you can see the trend in the coming months!!

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Tours | Family Car
Gunjan Jain
Gunjan Jain 1.0 6 Nov 2020

I booked this car with a commitment of getting delivery of 28th.Their sales men inbetwen had some issues.As i saw car at one place and booked somewhere else.They have been so unprofessional in their way of dealing.Full of lies and commitments which never got fulfilled.After all gets processed from bank and they get their money.They further extend the delivery date stating they don't have required produce of the vehicle.As is limited presence in india.Not sure how soon will they do fraud post selling the car and at time of service.Stuck badly with this company.That's you all prefer dealing with a reliable brand like ford, Maruti.Never faced such dealership and deal.

Sonu Monnappa
Sonu Monnappa 4.3 23 May 2020

Wonderful vehicle . Safety , quality of materials used , comfort and creature comfort is top notch . Space was a necessity as all my family members are tall. Compared to its competition , it felt more roomier and comfortable . The petrol engine is powerful but the DCT is a bit slow to respond . mileage is decent , it returned 8kmpl in city and 12kmpl on highway. The maintenance cost is good , many service packages to choose from . I have the Smart Variant. Overall Value for money vehicle.

Abraham P
Abraham P 3.3 29 Sep 2020

Never Go for Hector,it' poor in Quality. Touch display not responsive ,also Tyre grip not enough, More over being Chinese Owned vehicle low Quality is well reflected. All money you pay for Hector goes to China who is about to attack our boarders and is helping pakisthan with arms & ammunitions to attack india and is already Hacking our countries networks. Now think where to invest your money when you have Quality build Ford ,Creta Toyota & Mahindra and now TATA too.

Uses this car for : Tours
Owner MGHectorDCT
Owner MGHect.. 3.3 8 Jan 2020

Mileage of vehicle is very low in city, I have getting average mileage of 5-6 in Bangalore city, two jointed test drive happened with MG hector but no solution been provided rather saying this is standard mileage for city so don't believe any other review and survey if they says city mileage is more than 7

Nagesh Kumar
Nagesh Kumar 4.7 29 Feb 2020

In this price range. MG Hector is the best SUV car. Great power engine and internet in the car, also great features that allow you to find your location and you will never lose. It has great luggage space and panoramic sunroof, providing a great view even for the rear passengers as well.

Raj Rajat
Raj Rajat 1.0 11 Aug 2020

Im a automobile enthusias. I had bought this car for daily commute. I got disappointed in one month only then I thought to sell this and funny part no one is ready to buy this piece of sh!t. I only know how I sold this.🤬🤬🤬 Worst car ever experienced in my life.😡😡😡

Chaitanya Marda
Chaitanya Marda 5.0 17 Jul 2019

brilliant car by Mg . If we compare the cars in hectors price range Jeep compass is over prized no premium features no comfort. Tata Harrier is fair and interior is worst . The segment king Hyundai Creta is just like I20 wearing heels it is not a car Worth buying. I waited for mg was confused in hector and Creta but hector was just better than creta in terms of design, features, interior . So those people planning to buy hector buy the smart model because it worth buying and I have also bought the smart one.

5 Offers Available

User Reviews of Hector 2019-2021 Competitors

MG Hector 2019-2021 Expert Reviews

2019 MG Hector: First Drive Review - Hitting It Off?

MG Hector - a little known British name pasted onto on a China-sourced offering. How does it plan to cosy up to India’s SUV lovers?

Jun 14, 2019