Maruti Ignis User Reviews

• Safety

Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute

Vijay Kumar
Vijay Kumar 4.0 16 Feb 2020

Owning/Driving Ignis Zeta MT from last 14 months, crossed 9500 kms on odometer till now. My buying experience:As I had already owned secondhand Maruti 800cc and driven Alto K10 (1000 cc) cars in the past & now wish to buy a new car for the first time, I was looking for a 1200cc car, within budget of 6.5 lakhs, so shortlisted Swift, New Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago and Ignis. Took test drive of each of them. Facelift Swift VXI was overall a good car but costing at around 7.06 lakhs OTR, Santro Asta test drive was not satisfactory. Tata Tiago XZ was at 6.30 lakhs OTR but had 3 cylinder engine.Further I found that Maruti Swift, Baleno, Dezire & Ignis have the same K12B petrol engine generating similar power.Due to heavy year-end discounts the Ignis Zeta MT was costing me at 6.39 lakhs OTR. In this price I was getting a 1200cc 4 cylinder engine car with 15 inch Alloy Wheels, Push Button Start, Body Cladding, Blue tooth & steering control enabled music system having 6 speakers, Fog lamps, Rear-defoggers with wash wipers, Auto folding ORVM, Extended warranty, NEXA Card & Fast tag. Unbeatable deal, So ignored all other options and finalised the Ignis.From test drive to delivery of the car, NEXA dealership have given me a very nice and memorable experience.Pros:Peppy driving.Standard safety features across all variants.Very good mileage, 14-15 in city & 20-22 on highways with AC on.High ground clearance.Sufficient head and leg room.Easy ingress and outgress.Low maintenance & service cost.Many small features in Ignis such as Door handle design, adjustable head rests on all seats, 60:40 foldable rear seat, Split tail light, bigger tyres, etc are found only in costlier and premium cars.Cons:Rear design of the car is very unique but not appealing to the masses and it is the sole reason behind low sales figures of the Ignis.Body panels are weaker compared to other cars as it easily get dents from hitting of small stones on the road.Somewhat stiff suspension.Servicing at regular Maruti Dealership, so no NEXA experience after purchase.My experience with the car:My routine driving is on poor roads. I have also taken a long road trip with family in my Ignis. But no problem at all.First 3 services within a year are free from Maruti. It costs me around 3600rs. for the oil change, wheel balancing alignment and minor spares till today.From my own experience I can say that Ignis is the Best car at this price point. I recommend to buy NEXA card, as the whole cost of the card can be redeemed within a year.Extended warranty is a gimmick and may be avoided.

MANJULA KARANAM
MANJULA KARANAM 4.7 29 Dec 2018

I AM RAMAGOPAL RAO VLN. DHONE TOWN KURNOOL DISTRICT. I BOUGHT IT ON 12TH DECEMBER 2018, IGNIS ALPA MT PETROL LIMITED EDITION CAR IT EXCELLENT AND SUPERB PETROL CAR. SINCE 2 YEARS I SCARCHED SEVERAL CARS , BUT NO ONE CAN BEAT IT. IT IS VERY EXCELLENT IN ALL ASPECTS. OF MILEAGE, GROUND CLEARANCE, HEIGHT,ENGINE SMOOTH. PICKUP, NAVIGATION, SMART PLY INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM IS VERY GOOD IN THIS CAR. I DRIVE 750 KMS WITH THE SPEED OF 70 TO 80 KM PER HOURS. WITH THE CONTROL OF 2 RPM BY USING THE SPEED PETROL I GOT 23KMPL. IT IS VERY AMAZING . THANKS TO MARUTI SUZUKI.IT GOT 3 STAR RATING TO CRASH TEST OF NCAP AND 5 STAR RATING TO SAFETY TEST OF NCAP. I FOUND OUT IN MY SEARCH.SO I PURCHAED IN KURNOOL.

Nikunj Sodha
Nikunj Sodha 5.0 30 Jan 2020

I get 22 kmpl mileage on road. it is feature packed and powerful car. I have bought this car one and half month ago. driven 4000 kilometres. completely satisfied with power II mileage features and style as well. shock absorber nice and build quality are 90% satisfactory. thank you Maruti Suzuki and thankyou CarDekho.

Vaibhav Asthana
Vaibhav Asthana 4.7 22 Nov 2019

Ignis is very good car for city driving as well as Highway.Its Peppy design is very helpful for overtaking.Mileage is good in city also. Engine specifications are same as Swift hence engine is very refine. Ground clearence 180 mm helps in rough roads which is very important for indian roads.

Manu Jose
Manu Jose 4.0 4 Mar 2019

Ignis is a compact car, but it is very much spacious in its segment. I would say its the perfect car for beginners. Easy to drive. I own a manual transmission petrol engine. Power delivery is smooth, engine doesn"t lags. Fun to drive , post 2500 rpm its flying. Sound damping is not so great. We can feel that when the car is moving through rough surface roads. But overall its great. Again one word perfect for beginners

Harish Khurana
Harish Khurana 5.0 20 Dec 2019

Very nice n soothing driving car .Exterior design is very attractive n comfortable as well while sitting in the car .Milege also makes you amazed.

Ashish Miglani
Ashish Miglani 5.0 29 Jan 2019

Very comfortable car in this price segment. I drove it from Gurgaon to Sirsa and again from Gurgaon to Jalandhar after first free service.It was quite good drive. Nevertheless I have delta AMT option. Overall, a soothing experience

Chetan Sardesai
Chetan Sardesai 4.0 21 Aug 2019

This car is okey for small family and driving the car in city is average and safe no need for gears changing (automatic transmission )

Vinod Shah
Vinod Shah 2.7 29 Sep 2019

Low average,Engine knocking,body roll, interiors poor,Navigation not as per road safety norms, Maintenance by dealers very very poor

MAHESH BISSA
MAHESH BISSA 5.0 27 Oct 2018

This car has all basic safety features in its classwith powerful engine.Other features like ele.adjutable1orvm,push start,comfort to ride etc.and overall mileage about 20 kmpl.so it is best in segment in my view.

Uses this car for : Occasional Commute