Maruti Suzuki Baleno
Maruti Baleno is a 5 seater hatchback car available at a price range of Rs. 5.63 Lakh to 8.96 Lakh in India. It is available in 9 variants and 6 colours. Maruti Baleno comes with BS6 compliant petrol engine only. The Baleno has a boot space of 339 litres while it's ground clearance is 170mm. The petrol engine of Baleno is a 1197cc unit which generates a power of 81.80bhp and a torque of 113nm. The Baleno is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic. The mileage of Baleno is 23.87kmpl.
Maruti Baleno Latest Updates
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the diesel variants of the Baleno in India. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno came with a 1.3-litre diesel engine that belted out 75PS and 190Nm. It was offered with a 5-speed manual transmission only.
The Baleno is Maruti Suzuki’s premium hatchback and is priced from Rs 5.63 lakh to Rs 8.96 lakh (ex-showroom). It’s retailed through the carmaker’s Nexa outlets
The Baleno is offered in four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Apart from the base variants, all variants come with automatic transmission. Meanwhile, the Dualjet motor is offered in the mid-spec Delta and Zeta variants.
Maruti Baleno Competitors
The Baleno locks horns with the Hyundai Elite i20, Tata Altroz and the upcoming Honda Jazz BS6.
6 Offers Available
Maruti Baleno Summary
|Engine :||1197 CC|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||23.87 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol|
|Transmission :||manual / automatic|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Gear Box :||CVT|
|Length Width Height :||3995*1745*1510|
|Boot Space :||339-litres|
Maruti Baleno Price
The price of Maruti Baleno starts at Rs. 5.63 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 8.96 Lakh. The price of petrol variant of Baleno ranges between Rs. 5.63 Lakh to Rs. 8.96 Lakh. Maruti Baleno is available in 9 variants and 6 different colours.
- Petrol (9 Variants) |
- Manual (6 Variants)
- Automatic (3 Variants)
Maruti Baleno Price List in India
Editor's View of Maruti Baleno
Nicely loaded, efficient engines, petrol options are BS6 compliant, loads of space for a hatchback and more than some sedans too!
Lacklustre diesel motor, build quality, CVT automatic isn't the best
If you are looking for a hatch which ticks a lot of boxes, the Baleno is a great option. There's plenty of features, efficient engine options and more space than a number of more expensive sedans.
Maruti Baleno Mileage
Top Competitors of Baleno
Rs. 7.01 LakhCompare with Baleno
Rs. 5.29 LakhCompare with Baleno
Rs. 5.19 LakhCompare with Baleno
Hyundai Elite i20
Rs. 6.49 LakhCompare with Baleno
Rs. 5.89 LakhCompare with Baleno
Maruti Vitara Brezza
Rs. 7.34 LakhCompare with Baleno
Rs. 6.7 LakhCompare with Baleno
Rs. 6.95 LakhCompare with Baleno
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Baleno
- All cars you have shortlisted have their own pros and cons but I would prefer you the elite I 20 as it has dual combination dashbord which dose don make you feel Clusterforbic it has good music system comfort is best in the segment ride quality is absolutely phenomenal no matter how bad roads are you won't get disturbed by any potholes and pathes all in all go for elite i 20
- Delta diesel baleno
- Elite i20 petrol..
- Maruti has recently discontinued its diesel engine and as of now there is no official update regarding the relaunch of the diesel engine. Stay tuned for further updates.
- Even Maruti-800 can go. Do not bother. You will find so many Maruti-800 from Haridwar-Rushikesh for char dham yatra-1000 km hilly area. Even I along with my wife and two bag luggage has toured for Badrinath and Kedarnath for 5 days in Maruti-800. So donot bother about any car.
- No, Maruti Baleno is not offered with hill assist.
- NO, it does not
- Though value for money is Delta, if you are someone who wants more in your car, you will end up spending more for accessories. Zeta is a better buy as only difference when i got mine was lack of display screen and projector headlamp. Got music system for 22k and prijector headlamp did not matter alot so ended up saving 60k
- Best version is rs , which is the sports version. Otherwise go with the top variant petrol or diesel. It has different head lamps and tail lamps , very stylish .
- Delta o& the Alpha are the best variants. Sigma is without essential features and the Zeta is just below the Alpha, without any noticeable difference with Delta.
- Both of there hatchbacks are not natural rivals, since Baleno is the bigger hatchback, prices of some variants of these cars overlap. And so, there is bound to be some confusion when shopping for a premium Maruti hatchback. The personalized Swift LDi delivers more value for someone who can’t spend beyond Rs 8.5 lakh. If you see the incremental cost of the Swift ZDi over the Swift VDi, buying the ZDi makes more sense. But there’s the Baleno Zeta as well that costs around Rs 30,000 more than the Swift ZDi and brings more value to the table with additional features like telescopic steering and auto dimming IRVM. Buyers with a Rs 9 lakh spending capacity should, therefore, go for the Baleno Zeta over Swift ZDi. The Baleno Zeta is approximately Rs 55,000 cheaper than the Swift ZDi+, which gets LED headlamps with DRLs and Smartplay infotainment system with rear parking camera that the Baleno Zeta doesn’t get. There are some features that the Baleno Zeta gets and the Swift ZDi+ doesn’t get, like auto dimming IRVM, telescopic steering, UV-cut glass, front armrest and follow-me-home headlamps. The fact is, most of these features can’t be fitted onto the Swift ZDi+ while you can have the Smartplay infotainment system with a parking camera that the Swift ZDi+ gets fitted in the Baleno Zeta.For more companion Please click the below link Maruti Baleno vs Maruti Swift Comparison: - https://www.zigwheels.com/compare-cars/maruti-suzuki-baleno-vs-maruti-suzuki-swift
- In swift and Baleno I would prefer you to go with baleno as swift is one segment lower than that of Baleno and baleno get most features from its Delta model whereas swift even doesn't get the projectors in second top model, Baleno gets more space as compared to swift
- It is different segment altogether. So if you are looking for more space, more features and a premium feel to the same engine then go for Baleno without any doubts. But swift is a daily commuter for crowded city like Mumbai and is dynamic in performance
- Elite i20 is a good car, very good comfort level, good build quality materials used inside & outside of car but need to compromise with mileage of petrol i20. One thing is sure once you enter inside of car & drive it, you feel premium car like Audi driving experience. Performance wise car takes times to get pick up in 2nd gear, It easily go 60 - 100 km without any extra efforts very smoothly. Need to say if you are looking for premium class with good comfort can go blindly with i20 but mileage wise slightly slow compare to any Maruti vehicles... What else to say further.... As i have Elite i 20 Asta O Petrol 2017 model and driving busy Bangalore city traffic gets around 11 -12 km in city & highway around 16 - 18 km depends on driving pattern. You can easily get around 17 km with smooth driving on highway & 12 km in city with full time Ac. Even i gets same till now. Maintenance come around 5- 7 thousands with service interval 10000 km.Your daily driving of 40 km petrol is best option.
- The one that has it all! The Elite i20 brings a sense of class and features to this segment like no other. Premium build, loads of kit on offer, looks that turns heads and space for five. If you want to buy the Baleno because everyone else is, go ahead. It truly is a well-rounded package. We’re glad ABS and dual airbags are standard no matter what variant you choose. We’d recommend the slightly naughty RS variant - because we’re fun that way. Baleno and Elite i20 both the cars are of premium hatchback segment and have good features list. If we talk about power performance Baleno and Elite i20 both have similar power figures in petrol version whereas, i20 has more power than Baleno in diesel version. If we talk about fuel efficiency then, Baleno has a upper hand in both petrol and diesel versions.
- Both are indeed good options to go for. The Elite i20 brings a sense of class and features to this segment like no other. Premium build, loads of kit on offer, looks that turns heads and space for five. If you want to buy the Baleno because everyone else is, go ahead. It truly is a well-rounded package. We’re glad ABS and dual airbags are standard no matter what variant you choose. Baleno and Elite i20 both the cars are of premium hatchback segment and have good features list. If we talk about power performance Baleno and Elite i20 both have similar power figures in petrol version whereas, i20 has more power than Baleno in diesel version. If we talk about fuel efficiency then, Baleno has a upper hand in both petrol and diesel versions. Click on the link to compare: https://bit.ly/2tCBiLN
Maruti Baleno User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.4/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
49% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Buy a balleno car jisko sell karna hai jaldi bataye
Not good service nexa service n spl add also not responsibility
For those who want to take their car daily for almost every purpose this car is practical
The best car in its segment the premium look and feel and powerful too, people blame it as a tin Dabba but it’s worth buying I love my Baleno
I just buy it, so do not want to comment on that for now.
It's a beautiful car and stands to the classification of being a premium hatch back.. True ambient feel inside the cabin.. Best for a family of upto 5 as all 5 can fit without any space shortage.. Love every bit of my car.. Service delivery team is supportive and manage the customer relations well (showroom from where I bought my car, so this is personal comment). Words won't be enough so let me wrap up saying the best premium hatch back I have driven so far..
Baleno is the best for adult. Very smoothly drive and normal mileage. Maruti suzuki servicing center for Manipur, Imphal - 795001 is very lazy and dull compare to the other car company servicing center. I hate Manipur,Imphal MARUTI SUZUKI servicing center next time when something happened to my car I will never go to MARUTI SUZUKI servicing center I will go to normal car workshop.
this is my honest review after driving this car regularly for 10 days i am loving it its easy to handle and performance is great and as i have get this car for my family and its really better and it wont catch of on accelaration and thats good for hilly area and a narrow roads on hills as mine one is cvt and engine makes less noise and is quite cabin even while having a heavy storm try it to believe it
Really a fuel efficient car i am getting a mileage of 15 in the city and almost 20 i the highways. Looks great its initial pickup is also better than i20. I have driven upto the speed of 150kmph. But it has some cons also...it doest feel stable after crossing 120. And the most important is its built quality which is very poor. Otherwise the car is awesome very spacious very reliable you must go for it
This is one of the hatchback which offers you good space inside along with good performance.I have Delta, very well packaged for the amount.One complaint is with boot loading lips thats too high and putting in luggage takes efforts.Rest on safety front good structural strength witnessed. Abs and airbags worked really well.
Maruti Baleno Expert Reviews
Maruti Suzuki Baleno vs Hyundai Elite i20: Petrol Comparison Review
We were all praise for Maruti’s new premium hatchback after the first drive. But can the Baleno unseat the best-selling Elite i20 from its lofty perch in the premium hatchback segment?Nov 12, 2015 | By Abhay Verma Photography: Eshan Shetty
Maruti Suzuki Baleno : Detailed Review
Maruti turns the heat on Hyundai’s blockbuster Elite i20 with the brand new Baleno hatchback. This time round the well packaged Maruti Suzuki Baleno seems ready for the job at handOct 14, 2015 | By Sarmad Kadiri Photography: Eshan Shetty
Maruti Baleno Images
Maruti Baleno Colours
Metallic Premium Silver
Premium Autumn Orange
Pearl Phoenix Red
Metallic Magma Grey
Pearl Arctic White
Maruti Baleno Service Cost
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 23,601|
|Petrol Manual (5 years)||Rs. 16,830|
Maruti Baleno News Updates
BS6 Effect: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Diesel Goes Off The Website
With this, the company has petrol-only offerings across its range, for nowMay 4, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Baleno Hybrid Prototype Spied Testing
The test mule is likely to be a more effective hybrid than the production-spec BalenoJul 30, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Finds 6 Lakh Homes Since Launch In India
The Baleno is one of the best selling cars in India and the first in its segment to get BS6-compliant petrol enginesJun 3, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Baleno DualJet Vs Rivals: Spec Comparo
Here’s how the Baleno’s new powertrain compares against other 1.2-litre petrol-powered hatchbacksApr 30, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Now Pay More For The Baleno Diesel And RS
Diesel variants of the premium hatchback have received a price hike in the range of Rs 12,000 to Rs 19,500Apr 25, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Baleno Petrol Gets BSVI-Compliant; No Word On Diesel
The updated Baleno gets two BSVI compliant petrol engines, but no news on the diesel yet.Apr 23, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Baleno Offers
OfferBaleno Delta CVT offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 04 Jul-31 Jul
OfferBaleno Zeta offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 04 Jul-31 Jul
Maruti Baleno FAQs
What is the price of Maruti Baleno Top Variant?
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Maruti Baleno is 8.96 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Maruti Baleno?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Maruti Baleno is 23.87 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Baleno.
What is the EMI of Maruti Baleno in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Maruti Baleno in Delhi is Rs. 10,903 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Maruti Baleno?
What is the boot space in Maruti Baleno?
The boot space in Maruti Baleno is 339 L. View full specification of Baleno
What is the ground clearance of Maruti Baleno?
The ground clearance of Maruti Baleno is 170mm.