Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Reviews

• Tours (14)
  • Occasional Commute (6)
Vishvanath Gupta
Vishvanath G.. 4.2 6 Sep 2019

Riding my classic 350 was a great experience. I used to cruise on it and most of the times the torque, the seat the engine were all adequate. Then came the interceptor and it just took one test ride to realise what I was missing. On 27 Nov 2018 my satisfied life just turned upside down and got intercepted by the interceptor. I booked it then and there as I had no other way of achieving nirvana again. I booked the ravishing red colour but changed it to Orange crush as that was being delivered faster. I was told a waiting period of 120 days (and nights). Time was passing by I was riding my classic 350 as usual and having a jolly good time dreaming about my very own interceptor. You tube kept me sane as there were plethora of interceptor videos available to keep me occupied. On republic day I was going about my business as usual and I got a call from cruiser motors Dwarka that my interceptor is on its way and should reach by 27th Jan. I was pleasantly surprised and we decided that at 1400 hrs on 27 Jan,19 I will upgrade to interceptor. The PDI went well. After doing all the formalities I finally got the key at 1600 hrs. I rode it back happily. I was instructed to use only extra premium/ speed petrol and never to fill the tank to the brim. Keep tyre pressure as 32 in front and 36/39 in rear. Also not to ride the bike more than 75-80 for first 2000 kms ( lot of patience needed). I have been using it for daily 38 km commute to office and on weekend around city drives and a few tours of three to five days/1500-3000 kms. I have completed 9000 kms ( boy, have they been good!!). I have following observations -:Pros1. The bike is butter smooth. It has negligible vibrations.2. Engine delivers power in a smooth manner ( ps: its no KTM 390or even apache 300).3. Great road presence.4. Very relaxed engine ( due to low compression ratio of 1:9.5) 5. Absolutely no heat issues even in exteme bumper to bumper traffic. Just a warm breeze on your legs. It does misses on low speed in very extreme traffic and hot conditions due to engine heating.6. An all-rounder bike. Excellent on highways and quite manageable in city.Cons1. Rider footpegs have an ergonomic problem. ( It takes time to get used to).2. Tank feels a little thin to hold.( Solutions are available, keep reading to find out mine).3. Seat is absolutely pathetic. Even in city ride of 18 kms/ 30 mins it is uncomfortable. ( Got it modified from karol bagh. Added a little foam next to thighs, and got a pillion raise and guess what, My footpeg and tank issue went away to quite some extent. ( Now I can live with them).4. The clutch gap keeps increasing on its own. ( The clutch wire is touching the meters console and every time you turn the handle right it rubs and rolls resulting in automatic movement of clutch adjusting screw next to lever) FIX- tighten the screw to the max and adjust the clutch gap full and final from adjustment screws on the crank case.5. Two massive silencers keep geeting scratched especially the left one. Innocent auto walas especially do that.Service cost1. Got the first service done at 501 kms.2. Only oil change and basic checks and adjustments.3. Took four hours for service.4. Total cost : Rs 2675 only.5. Next service at 10000 or 1 year whichever happens earlier.Milleage. Overall 25 kmpl. Best 32 and worst 18.8 ( with normal fuel) otherwise 23 (with extra premium).

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Daily Commute
Abhinav Singh
Abhinav Singh 2.2 4 Jul 2019

I own a Interceptor (got it in December). Like most people, my bike also had issues with hard clutch and that tak tak sound since after the first service.I visited #TeknikMotorcycles Sarjapur, #Bangalore couple of times for this issue and they couldn"t fix it. Lately, clutch became too hard to even shift gears, so I called RE officials and they sent an engineer to Teknik Service center to look after the issue. Some friends had suggested me that it"s a clutch play issue so it can be fixed easily. But engineer said they will deliver the bike in few hours.Now it has been 6 days and my bike is still at the service center. Everyday I have to chase them to get an update and they give me shocking reason.What they told me is,Day 1: Local engineers couldn"t understand the problem so they have called engineers from the plant.Day 2: Plant engineers are checking the issue.Day 3: Plant engineers have called for a meeting and doing some R&D.Day 4: They have decided to change the original clutch parts etc.Day 5: Waiting for clutch parts to arrive from Chennai plant.Day 6 (today): They have found some abnormalities in the clutch play and connected areas in engine so they are seeking an approval to change the #Engine.Whaaaat!!! Why is that required? I don"t know if I should be worried to hear this now. They are asking for another 3 days again for more R&D and testing.I don"t understand what kind a joke is this. Royal Enfield has been promoting twins by saying that they have been working on these bikes for 10 years. I mean this is what they worked upon in 10 years?I was so happy with the bike but getting to know these things are worrying me. Cost of this bike is not less. Its just right amount for this bike. Its just the engine is powerful, otherwise quality seem to be very low.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Daily Commute
Prabhu Patel
Prabhu Patel 4.2 1 May 2019

The most refined and powerful engine till date from the RE stables. Beautiful looking classic retro styled twin engine machine. Low on vibrations and high on performance. In some ways it's a blank canvas begging to be accessorized. The aftermarkets industry must be going nuts. To be fair RE has some good accessories up for sale with the promise of more in the pipeline. On the downside are seating ergonomics (obviously subjective),placement of footpegs, pillion comfort or lack of and vendor quality control.

Uses this bike for : Leisure Rides | Daily Commute
Abhyudaya Sinh
Abhyudaya Sinh 5.0 17 May 2019

Apart from its phenomenal value for money proporsition. This bike offer phenomenal breaking power despite 202 kg heavy and it feel heavy only when its stand stil but once it start moving it become nimble.Once you twist the throttle it just drag you with pleasantly good force.further, its seating is good for daily commute but you will face problem in long hoirs on saddle...Icing on cake is its deep rumble rumble sound ,its exceptional.Overall i am loving this beast brought back again by royal enfield

Anirban Mukherjee
Anirban Mukh.. 3.8 14 Apr 2019

After waiting for more than 4 months finally got my Interceptor delivered on 31.03.19 & since then have done 480km on it of which around 300km has been on the highway. In fact today I went for 1st service but couldn"t get it done as surprisingly the service centre didn"t have engine oil filter & nor are they sure how long it would take for the filter to arrive. This is pathetic after sales service & was least expected from RE for their much hyped 650cc bikes.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides
Hari Pratap
Hari Pratap 4.2 5 Jan 2019

Interceptor should be in BS6 and speedo meter should be more aggressive and styles. Head lights should be LED lamp like Thunderbird X. Exhaust is too much wide and looking big size from the rear tyre it should be more spilit than just and should be like S&S exhaust and triumph street twin byke. Apart from that everything is very good.

Moses Roy
Moses Roy 4.2 2 Oct 2019

it was drive to good and I experienced a lot of moment with my bike is awesome to play the throttle..... and I am happy with my interceptor thanks for royal Enfield...

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Anirban Mukherjee
Anirban Mukh.. 3.4 30 Jun 2019

Overall satisfied with the bike but have serious concern about the quality of chrome as it has already started rusting & loosing shine within less than 3 months. Another major concern is the apalling service quality, the apathy & ignorance of RE Service Centres. Do check out my short video on this topic.https://youtu.be/2AsukkLjg5Y

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides
Hasmukh Chawhan
Hasmukh Chawhan 3.8 12 Apr 2019

I bought interceptor last month I love its vintage look and its performance, but I found after riding for a long time my shoulder and tricep giving pain to me and Pillion is not at all comfortable. I want to ask anybody else also had the same pain while riding for a long time.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute
Deepak J
Deepak J 4.2 24 Aug 2019

The best of the Performance Bike from REStill a long way to go on the review

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides