Suzuki Gixxer (2014-2018) Reviews

235 Rating & 106 reviews
    4.4/5
    4.4/5

Preferred For : Daily Commute

User Reviews of Gixxer (2014-2018)
  • All (106)
  • Daily Commute (94)
  • Tours (26)
  • Leisure Rides (24)
  • Occasional Commute (14)
Bhanu Chander
Bhanu Chander 4.6 24 Nov 2018

I think this is the right time for me to post my review after running my Gixxer SF for 4000+ kms. I had used to bike for long drives (400km in a day) like twice in a month and also I"m using for my regular office commute. This is the best bike I ever got. I"m 6.2" inch tall and I never felt small sitting on this bike. Tucking is not a problem. In my earlier bike rides (discover, pulsar, hero, honda etc) I used to get severe backpains. But, surprisingly I never got back pain even during long drives except for neck sores due to helmet and continuous focus on straight in high ways. Sitting is comfortable. Mileage is good. I get around 40km in highways and I never bothered checking in cities. What is the use of checking after I purchased? :P I initially had plans to get RE thunderbird 350X. But after a deep reviews I found that they still have the same old engine and their control would be bit tough, especially the vibration problems after you reach a specific rpm.Bike styling is top notch and all the people in road keeps glaring at me. The biggest positive I felt is the power. The bike never felt like 150cc but more than that. It"s power is awesome even when I went on doubles ride. My bike can reach 100kmph within few seconds and it tries to increase even if I don"t notice. I went to a max of 113kmph and I didn"t feel any vibrations or difficulty/resistance to the engine. The engine is smooth. Another interesting thing is my bike overtakes KTMs and REs assaultly and I feel proud to see my bike cruice like a top sports bike infront of them though they too try to race with me. However, I keep my speed below 110km for my own safety and to not give overload to the engine. I had used the bike on very bad roads too. The suspension by default will be very hard and you cannot ride fast on non-plain roads. I got them smooth by getting it adjusted (it comes with 7 stage adjustment) and now the suspension feels ok. Dynamics or control using my bike is awesome. Gixxer SF is a well balanced bike and permits easy cornering despire the fairing. One of the main reasons why i choose this bike was due to the straight handle bar instead on clip on type. I don"t feel confident riding clip on type bikes (I think this will be problem for long rides) and the straight handle bar on a sports bike is like filling gap between sports and highway cruise bikes. I"m extremely happy with my choice. I do feel like the clutch and gears are little tight/hard to operate. Sometimes, the clutch and gear box behaves odd (probably my bike had that issue) but by adjusting the clutch wires and after I got services, I"m not seeing the problem. Overall, Im happy with my bike - a perfect companion in replacement to a girlfriend :D

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Prashant Wadekar
Prashant Wad.. 5.0 30 Nov 2018

Nice and easy for daily commute in city as well as on highways.I am traveling almost 50km daily, so my concern is always for safety with performance.As being 155CC which churns out 14 PS of power which more user friendly on tap, at the same time sticky rubber from MRF as OEM fitment which gives a good stability to bike which is more important in dry as well as wet conditions. And I literally thanks to suzuki for making such a value for money bike. The smoothness and refined engine which impress me almost every time whenever I open the thrrotlle give smile on my face.Last but not least at the service front it"s poket friendly too..that"s it.I still remember the day before 4 years when I take you home..you still looks the same..Luv you my ride..suzuki Gixxer.

SSharath MY
SSharath MY 4.6 12 Jan 2019

Purchased Gixxer abs after taking test drive 5-6 top bikes in 150-160cc category.Bike is just awesome, great handling and cornering loaded with features like abs and informative instrument cluster.Bangalore city milage 42 -44kmplHighway milage 52- 54kmpl.Combined milage 48-49.Cons:Pillon comfort is just okay but not for elderly people.Spares and service is satisfactory.Suzuki should try to improve this to points to become no. 1 in this category.

Munis Booban
Munis Booban 5.0 24 Dec 2018

Nice bike for good mileage and performance. We can ride long without any worry .compare to other 150cc brands overall it"s stand first. But the headlights lamp brightness is low. It"s little bit tough to ride1at night. Should change that one. I got 40 mileage when I ride with full speed in highway from Madurai to1trichy. It"s reach maximum speed of 126. Better attractive when you ride with sports helmets.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Nitin Andhare
Nitin Andhare 4.6 31 Mar 2019

Pros- Excellent machine, pick-up, design, fun to drive, good for commute as well as cruising on highway... I have twice taken for long drive in last 5 months.. about 380km distance. Great mileage. Very reliable. ABS braking system works well. Overall riders bike.Cons- pillion seat is somewhat shorter than other bikes of this segment. Sometime engine gives little noise.. it gets cleared after some time.

Venkatesh Guptha
Venkatesh Gu.. 4.2 28 Jan 2019

-ve side 1) pillion seat ( width and height both need to modify) it was very difficult for my mom to sit 2) lights ( if1you spend some 1.5k yon can upgrade to led lights so we can remove this from this )+Ves. Apart from this, it is awesome bike in this price tag and safety feature that too with best mileageI ride the bike for 15k+km and it gave me 46+ mileage always

Ritwik Mahapatra
Ritwik Mahap.. 5.0 11 Jan 2019

Baught gixxer in 2014 the first model the standard one using it since then it feels an awesome nice ride no complain what so ever just love it... Unbelievable mileage... I had a talks with other gixxer user they are not getting good mileage in city.. But I am getting millage of 60 in city and 62 to 65 in highway depends on the way of my driving.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Ankur Bhandari
Ankur Bhandari 5.0 18 Oct 2018

I have completed almost 30,000 km on my bike and till now my experience is good. Maintenance cost is not that high compared to FZ and also Service center guys are very prompt about the service. I ride the bike with a speed of 80-90 kmph and it gives me average of 38-40 in city limits. Overall it"s a good buy and I am very much pleased with it.

Deepak Pai
Deepak Pai 4.6 29 Jun 2019

As expected performance is overall good I am using it for daily commute for office and often I go for long rides up to 600 to 800kms a day.I never faced any issue and if you give for service on time I assure that you will not face any issue with this beauty.Only concern is rare seat as it is difficult to sit for long rides.

Nandan Rathore
Nandan Rathore 4.2 21 Apr 2019

excellent build quality and very durable motorcycle. excellent ride and handling.just that comfort level is very poor.. hard cushioned seats, tight suspension and leaned seating angle leads to sore buttock and chronic lower back pain.