New High-speed Electric Scooter Launched By Kinetic Green
- Sep 12, 2022
- Views : 2771
- 2 min read
The Zing High-speed scooter offers a range of up to 125km
Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions has expanded its electric two-wheeler range by recently launching the new Zing High-speed Scooter (aka Zing HSS) that it claims will offer a range of 125km on a single charge.
What’s The Price? Who Are Its Rivals?
- The Zing HSS is priced at Rs 85,000 (ex-showroom, including FAME II subsidy) and is meant to compete with the Hero Electric Optima and Okinawa Okhi90. Kinetic Green has also teamed up with multiple banks and NBFCs to offer various finance schemes for prospective customers.
- This electric scooter is meant to appeal to a young audience and hence is decked with features like three speed modes (eco, normal and power) and part failure indicator. Powering the scooter is a 1.2kW hub motor paired to a removable 3.4 kWh Lithium-ion battery claimed to offer a range of 125km on a single charge, while the charging time is around three to four hours. The company also claims a tested top speed of 60kmph.
- Its underpinnings include a telescopic fork up front and three-step adjustable rear suspension, while braking duties are shared by disc brakes also featuring a regenerative braking system. The Kinetic Zing HSS comes with a remote key with four controls - anti-theft alarm, keyless entry, find my scooter alert and lock/unlock button.
- The styling continues to remain visually identical to the Kinetic Green Zing e-scooter. Kinetic Green entered the electric two-wheeler market in 2021 with two models - Zing and Zoom, and has claimed to have sold over 30,000 units since. The Zing HSS will be retailed through over 300 exclusive Kinetic Green dealers in India.
What Should Have Changed?
- As the namesake Zing is a slow-speed scooter, the styling of the high-speed avatar should’ve been tweaked to accentuate its performance. That being said, given the price that this scooter commands, a higher top speed would’ve made it more appealing to the youth.
- While Kinetic Green does have over 300 exclusive dealerships, a greater brand awareness is the need of the hour. The company will have to focus on expanding its footprint through existing and new outlets to capture a larger share of the affordable EV mobility pie.
- That said, for an ex-showroom price tag of Rs 85,000, an electric scooter with a top speed of 60kmph does not sound appealing enough.
Scooters Similar to Zing
AMO Electric Jaunty-3W
Rs. 78,819Zing vs Jaunty-3W
Hero Electric Atria
Rs. 77,690Zing vs Atria
Rs. 65,990Zing vs Bheem
Hero Electric Flash
Rs. 59,640Zing vs Flash
Hero Electric NYX
Rs. 73,590Zing vs NYX
Kinetic Green Zoom
Rs. 75,100Zing vs Zoom
HCD India NPS Cargo
Rs. 75,850Zing vs NPS Cargo
BattRE Electric LoEV
Rs. 68,900Zing vs LoEV
Hop Electric LEO
Rs. 84,360Zing vs LEO
Tunwal Lithino Li
Rs. 74,990Zing vs Lithino Li
See what our community has to say! NEW
India's largest automotive community