KTM RC 390 User Reviews

3.6/5

Preferred For : Daily Commute & Tours

ayush senapati
Ayush senapati 4.6 27 Jun 2020

I have been using RC390 2018 model from last 8 months. During this period, I have done two long rides i.e. 1- Chikmangluru trip from Hyd (2000 km) in 3days2- Bhubaneswar from Hyd (1100 km) in 17hrsI mentioned above trips because it would help in understanding mileage and comfort.Talking about the mileage: in Hyd during city rides I use to get 19 or 20 kmpl.But in long rides:Avg Speed > 110 kmph : 30 - 33 kmplAvg speed 80 - 100 kmph : 33 - 35 kmplAvg speed 70 - 80 kmph : 37 kmpl approxI have not ridden below 70 avg 😅And coming to comfort, the seat is very hard, so I felt like it is burning after 350 Kms. The shocks are stiff so if the road is not buttery smooth it will be too hectic. After my trip to Bhubaneswar, wrist and neck pain lasted around 10days. I felt Wrist pain can be avoided using cushioned gloves And neck/back pain can be avoiding by using saddle bags.Overall the bike demands a fit guy to cover such distance using a RC, I am saying it as my friends were not able to ride this for more than 30minutes even, where as I was able to cover such distance. Coming to performance, I am very happy with its power delivery. I feel continuous acceleration till 160 kmph. 320mm front disc give good bite. And the last one is the tyres. They are damn good. Whether it is a dry or wet road it does not matter too much. Whether it’s a long stretch or curvy road in hilly areas I was confident throughout my rides due to the tyres and brakes.I see it is a fair deal by KTM. I mean the sharp design, performance etc everything is top notch.Note: this is my personal opinion based on my experience so far. Someone else’s review might vary.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Daily Commute
charan raj
Charan raj 3.4 13 Jun 2020

I'm a Supersport lover and previously owned r15 before owning rc390, This bike is completely in a different league from my 1st bike and it's a straight one sided machine built for the track, don't expect it to comfortable machine for long rides, with 43.5bhp in-between you legs it's the best performing machine in the segment with abs but lacks refinement, but the raw feel of the bike is exciting and only buy it if you are looking for out right performance machine.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Daily Commute | Occasional Commute
jo
Jo 3.4 26 Dec 2019

RC is a completely track oriented faired bike with little use in road..its riding posture ,heat from engine is too much ..so take it on a track or Sunday ride..great power delivery short gear ratio (1st and second) instant pick up..will take you beyond legal limits..wireless throttle .. duel channel abs ..excellant brakes ..forget about pillion and mileage and comfort..for those who like tracks..if refinement is not in your dictionary go for it..

Uses this bike for : Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Cool Rider25
Cool Rider25 3.8 5 Jan 2020

RC390 is awesome bike with plenty of performance on tap, and it is definetly a bike for us middle class people or for someone who wants to enter the world of motor biking and discover further and travel far and fast. i have a lot to say but this column won't be enough.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Johnny Jade
Johnny Jade 4.2 28 Jan 2019

The fully faired middle weight sports bike gets a host of features including a fuel injected engine, new paint scheme, full fairing, orange painted frame, cushioned seat, engine cowl, led tail lamp. I do ride occasionally or maybe daily commute or rarely After u know that you will have to take your time on understanding a bike you should learn on a smaller capacity bike and move on to bigger... Also just like a coin have 2 sides these bikes have pros and cons that depends on u best of luck ! cheers.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Siddharth Kumar
Siddharth Kumar 4.6 2 Dec 2019

as compare to duke its more comfortable if you have good road ..for pilion also its more convenient as it has more space for pillon to seat just put a top box its perfect machine for tour better thn duke bcoz of aerodynamic and handle is way sharp

Uses this bike for : Tours
Bhavani Shankar
Bhavani Shankar 3.0 25 Feb 2019

Not good for City usage. Back pain in riding 10km itself. Disposed the bike within 8 months of use. Used it upto 3.5k kilometre. It"s a good show off bike and treat for others eyes but it"s the pain the rider will experience with time. Back pain as well as joint of your palm. Shoulder pain is crazy. Not too good for everyday use. Kiddish petrol tank is another flop show. As much as I waited eagerly to buy it, it was the same when I had to sell it

Naveen Krishnan
Naveen Krishnan 2.6 7 Mar 2020

If you are looking for a performance machine the its a perfect. For daily commute its not a perfect bike and like all other ktm bikes maintenance is on a higher side. the main reason i bought this because of the performance and the looks.

Uses this bike for : Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Jacked Joker
Jacked Joker 3.8 26 Mar 2020

Rc390 demands fitness to ride. Cost is justifiable according to the performance it offers. Our bad roads will be giving aches 😷😖😣. Heating starts as soon as you face slow moving traffic. Throttle it. It becomes Fun.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Anandhuu Krishn
Anandhuu Krishn 4.6 17 Sep 2019

its a fucking awesome powermonster we can call it as a mini superbike bcz it is competeting with twin cylinder bikes and my over all opinion is it is the real powermonster in single cylinder category

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute