Hero MotoCorp launched the Xtreme 200S at Rs 98,500, ex-showroom Delhi. It’s based on the same platform as the Xtreme 200R naked bike, and hence shares the same engine and underpinnings. That said, there are a couple of differences between the two and here’s what sets them apart.
- The Hero Xtreme 200S is a fully faired bike while the 200R is a streetfighter.
- The 200R features some snazzy graphics while the 200S looks more mature with minimal sticker work.
- Keeping up with the times, the faired sibling features an all-LED headlight while the Xtreme 200R uses a conventional halogen bulb flanked by LED DRLs.
- While the “R” version gets a digital-analogue instrument console, the “S” variant comes furnished with a full-digital instrument console.
- The Bluetooth-enabled console on the Xtreme 200S displays turn-by-turn navigation, gear position, service due indicator, and an average speed over the conventional readouts.
- The new exhaust end-can design on the Xtreme 200S looks a lot sleeker compared to the oversized unit of the streetfighter.
- The side panels on the Xtreme 200S get a premium looking carbon fibre finish.
- Fuel tank capacity stands at 12.5-litres for both bikes. They also get a tank pad to protect it from scratches.
- Both the models are powered by the same 199.6cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder motor, mated to a five-speed gearbox. It produces 18.4PS at 8000rpm and 17.1Nm of torque at 6500rpm.
- Both the siblings share the same switchgear in order to keep costs in check.
- The rear quarter panels, LED tail lamp and split grab rails are identical for both siblings.
- Seat height measures in at 795mm on both bikes.
- The suspension setup for the 200S and 200R comprises of conventional 37mm telescopic forks and a monoshock with 7-step preload adjustment.
- Its 17-inch alloy wheels come shod in MRF Nylogrip tubeless tyres, 100-80-17 front and 130/70-17 rear.
- A 276mm front disc brake and a 220mm rear disc handle braking. Single-channel ABS comes as standard on both bikes.
- The 200S weighs 1kg heavier than the Xtreme 200R (148kg kerb).
- The Xtreme 200S is offered in three colours: Sports Red, Maple Brown and Panther Black.
- The Xtreme 200R is available in five colours: grey with orange, black with red, red, blue and black.
Hero Xtreme 200S Video Review
Thanks for reporting this. The reported comment will be shortly removed from Zigwheels &
will be sent for moderation.