Royal Enfield Himalayan Reviews

• All (75)
  • Tours (49)
  • Daily Commute (43)
  • Leisure Rides (19)
  • Occasional Commute (11)
Gokul Rajan
Gokul Rajan 1.4 27 Aug 2019

My RE Himalayan"s mileage is 12kmpl and max speed is around 100km/h .Don't buy as there is no power or mileage max speed is 95-100km/h, above 95km/h the vehicle gets too much vibration which we cant handle. Problems of bike is the following 1.Low Mileage 12kmpl, 2.Top Speed90-100km/h, 3.Air vent in the petrol tank had problem,so during rain every time water gets into the tank. From the first service i have been reporting this to the RE showroom staff & each time they would say by next service it will be OK . No mileage or NO Top speed also no proper service . I gave complaints and the reply was "just take to showroom you have purchased". So as they i took to the RE Showroom service and i told the problems but they did nothing. Also they won't write down every problems we say to list down in the service chart, they just write 3 or 4 things only Why should you buy a bike giving 100km/h max speed with 12kmpl mileage costing near 2 lakhs .

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute
Varun Puravankara
Varun Purava.. 5.0 15 Nov 2019

Best adventure touring bike below 2 L in India. Mine is 2018 non ABS version of snow white and I've covered over 15 k km with my Himalayan. Off road ride is like whole another level of awesomeness with this bike. During the free service period each service costs around only 1000 rs. Ease of handling in city is too good. I get mileage of 36-40 in highways and 30-35 in city + highways and around 28 in city use. I'm 6 feet tall and its sitting posture is very good. Standing and riding is too easy if you want to stretch your legs. Note : If you are not getting above 30 mileage then check these things regularly- 1. Tyre pressure.2. Use clutch only when needed.3. Do not accelerate like a racing bike. It's not. Its's a RE bike.4. Best speed range for Himalayan is 60-80 km/hr.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Kikkawa Vint
Kikkawa Vint 3.0 26 Aug 2019

I Bought the BS4 Himalayan ABS three months ago. I usually do 25km ride daily. The bike started showing problems just after one month of purchase. The head assembly was changed due to Engine noise problem. Fuel Blockage issues started after that and still not solved even after taking the bike to the service center for more than six times. The Fuel meter is not 100% reliable. The clutch, gear Box assembly, Engine needs a lot of refinement. The Himalayan is a motorcycle with large potential in its segment, but reliability is poor. Note: If someone wants to buy the upcoming BS6 model, I suggest them to wait for an year after the launch of the bike, just to ensure if the bike shows any problems.

Nishant Rampal
Nishant Rampal 4.2 4 Nov 2019

It is an adventure tourer multipurpose bike that handles decently on the highways and amazingly good at off road/ bad terrain. I have never faced issues with riding at 135 kmph very stable if see its category of 411cc displacement. Very comfortable at high speed and even in the cites. The best place where it shines is when riding it on offbeat places. You do feel it should have more power on highways but to be honest it does not k**l your hope you can live with it.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides
Gets mileage of : 28 kmpl kmpl
Jaison Divakaran
Jaison Divak.. 1.8 14 Nov 2019

That was my worst decision to buy himalayan.i experienced that Royal Enfield cheated on me, the has no quality I wish I could rate it 0 out of 10, I also suggest that never buy a RE product, after sales service is also worst I never satisfied with the bike nor with service from RE. And RE don't even bother to give proper service to the customers.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Gets mileage of : 24 kmpl kmpl
Being Devil
Being Devil 5.0 17 Oct 2019

I am riding this bike since last one year till now I have not faced any major issues with the bike. . I had few issues with abs which was fixed with RE . I have youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/9213344194I have posted few videos as well. I am fully satisfied with the machine. Yesterday I came from a trip from Katra Jammu.. and it was an awesome trip..

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Gets mileage of : 29 kmpl kmpl
Joshit Paruchuru
Joshit Paruc.. 3.4 17 Jul 2019

I have been using the Himalayan since one year,the power , comfort and satisfaction when riding is very good but when coming to the service and company's attention to the customer service is very poor . There is always unavailability of spare parts , accessories in the dealerships. They always have a answer that the bike has no demand in that particular region that's the reason why they don't have the parts or spares . The service is very poor and they don't know how to handle a customer . Poor accountability .Poor service . I still have the regret that I have chose Himalayan to Dominar

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Om Czc
Om Czc 4.2 21 Sep 2019

Love it. Hate It. Availability of Spare tubes in case of puncture is not planned for a bike that is meant to go any where.A bike that goes any where may need to travel by rail... for travel by rail you may have to remove wind visor, the fittings... washers likely to fall off... replacements not easy to get....

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Rahul Vattekadath
Rahul Vattek.. 5.0 24 Sep 2019

one of its kind, really a beast i am using for my daily commute to office and I must say it really stands out, I have not faced any issues so far only a minor sound while breaking which showroom guys fixed while taking feedback, really happy with RE and the beast Himalayan

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
David Jeba
David Jeba 3.0 2 Apr 2019

a great bike from RE stable.I hated RE for its vibrations. Himalayan is super powerful and smooth in 80-140kmph range I wish there is a carbon fibre version of Himalayan. in off-road conditions the bike has to be in manageable weight. Himalayan is monstrously heavy. clutch is hard radiator is a joke. need a bigger radiator tubeless tyres is the most missing options always on headlight is not a smart thing. should have had a smaller led day light 5inch shorter height would have been ideal

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides