About Tata Nexon 2017-2020
Tata Nexon 2017-2020 Overview
Tata will soon update its Nexon sub-4-metre SUV. New BS6 engines and a facelift are what we expect. The Nexon could also get some interior changes. New features are likely to include cruise control, automatic headlamps, and a new instrument cluster. Tata hasn't disclosed when it will launch the updated compact SUV, but we might get to see it at Auto Expo 2020. Meanwhile, the company has revealed the electric version of the Nexon, giving us an idea of what to expect with the facelifted Nexon. Find out all we know about the Nexon EV here.
Tata Nexon 2017-2020 Colours
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Nexon 2017-2020
- For the availability and booking status, we would suggest you to please connect with the authorized dealer in your city as it depends on their stock book. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership details.
- Book with the well established dealer. So that, incase some one is not buying the ordered vehicle you'll be given with first priority. For me samething happened, I got the XZ+ variant with in a month
- I booked nexon xzplus on 24th Oct 2021 and got a call from dealer on 22nd Dec that the car is alloted
- No, the Tata Nexon is not an electric car. Tata has provided the sub-4m SUV with two engine options: a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol (120PS/170Nm) and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel (110PS/260Nm). Both can be paired with either a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AMT. Meanwhile, Tata Nexon EV is an electric car. The Nexon EV will use Tata’s new Ziptron technology. It will get a 30.2kWh battery pack and will offer a claimed range of over 300km. The Nexon EV will support fast-charging and will be offered with an 8-year standard warranty. What’s more, it will come with an IP67 waterproof battery pack.
- Tata has discontinued the Tectonic Blue color option for the Nexon. Moreover, we would suggest you to stay tuned for updates. Read more: You Can No Longer Get The Tata Nexon In Blue.
- I recently test drove both Nexon and venue diesel What I liked in venue was the premium interior fit and finish, very comfortable front seats, slightly bigger sunroof, butter smooth refined diesel engine with a very decent mileage. Without its safety rating, could not comment on the platform of the car..With every youtuber and vloggers talking about gncap 5 star safety, I wished to buy Nexon. On an average if I want to get the features what I get in venue sx diesel in Nexon I have to pay an additional premium of 1.8 lakhs.Teek hai, y don we do that for a safe car and decided to test drive the car. The car looked rock solid in the showroom. When I took the car on road, I started felling n number of complaints. My head was touching the roof though am not tall, the clutch was deeper and deeper and If my leg needed a short travel, I needed to push the seat more forward which is not a safe option.Started the engine and the entire car vibrated on starting the engine. Pushed the engine. Biggg turbo lag on 2nd gear. God knows where the 260 NM torque is???? Not punchy at all. Very noisy cabin. When I started saying the sales assistant increased the fan speed and the music volume. Harmans music system was not even upto the level of arkamys music system of venue. So now tell me, should I give the extra premium of 1.8 lakhs and compromise with the poor refinement of the diesel engine and noisy cabin for the lifetime?? I'm not a feature minded guy. While platform is the basement of the car, engine is the heart of the car. I would not prefer Nexon for people who are keen drivers, who love to be in a silent insulated refined cabin with a butter smooth refined diesel engine with a good torque and mileage. Of course safety should not be compromised. But the real fact is No single car is perfect..
- As regarding features I would say the Tata Nexon is superior because both have more or less similar features- the important ones. However Nexon has the most important features of space, ground clearance and bigger tyres even in lower variants which enhances the SUV look. As regards the engine the turbo engine in both have their pluses. As regards the automatic the Hyundai has a slight edge. Overall I feel the Nexon has an edge
- If you only need car then go for nexon ,but the venue is even supirior then nexon that's for sure interior cabin premium ,even service and responce from Hyundai team is also better than tata, one more thing nexon scored 5 star safety but venue score 4 but both are safer and venue's performance is simply amazing than nexoncongratulations for your new car
- Booked Nexon xz on 23rd of August From Bafna motors pune (law college road) and at that time we were Assured a delivery within 25 days.Before booking we got many calls from dealer for booking and after that there was no single call upfront.We were told many dates like first they mentioned 20th September then 30th Sept then 18th October and now it is 21st October and neither the dealer nor Tata motors have any update.Everytime we ask dealer they have no updates and no final date about deivery.They always blame the production and the supply chain and behave as in it doesnot matter to them. When we ask them things on mail , they straght forward say “No”. Even the manager don't recieve the call nowadays.We escalated from TSM till RM of Tata motors but we get Only assurance like “just wait for couple of days “ and after those “couple of days” no body picks the call.And dealer has the famous answer “sir covid ki wajah se delay hai..”.We can understand That there is delay but ain’t a customer suppose to know a final delivery date? To this quetion , No body has any answer. We are very frustrated because of this pathetic response from dealer as well Tata motors. We could have gone for other brands but sole reason to buy Tata vehicle was to choose a brand of our country but if this the pre sales service then I am wondering how would be the post sales service? We are very much disappointed with Bafna motors and Tata as well.All our occasions for buying the car have been ruined.
- Dear friends,really from my side some attachment towards tata due to indian make vehicle,and providing safety.before covid no any small intrest in tata vehicle due to i heard many times tata dealers are worst service providers.But during covid time i decided to buy vehicle from Indian make tata nexon.Opted Nexon XMA(s).Booked from panjachanya talegaon.Me booked on Dec 16 2020,they offered it will come at the end of Jan 2021.Also i got call from executive 3rd week of january,billing will done on JAN 31st.after that i sell my present i10.Now its April 6,as per tata dealer 11 week max waiting period.But Now they are saying we don't know when it comes.Now a days i am depending on OLA/uber only due to this dealer.today sales manager told me, that he never give any surity to any one when will vehicle come.Also he told you can complaint to custamer care.i cant do anything.I got a call from dealer last month that you vehicle ready need to do payment.While i reached there for paying they told,its on HOLD due to vehicle damaged DURING transportation,but now a days they saying only nov bookings are going to complete now,then how they told vehicle ready that i booked on dec?.They really fooled me.Now i decided cancel my booking and go for other brand.Now i knew,now they behaving like this,but after purchase if any issue occured thay will say you can complaint,we cant do anything.First time i tried TATA,its my Last.So friends Do not go behind TATA nexon,they are really fooling you.They accepted booking beyond their capacity and give you false information
- Booked Nexon xz on 23rd of August From Bafna motors pune (law college road) and at that time we were Assured a delivery within 25 days.Before booking we got many calls from dealer for booking and after that there was no single call upfront.We were told many dates like first they mentioned 20th September then 30th Sept then 18th October and now it is 21st October and neither the dealer nor Tata motors have any update.Everytime we ask dealer they have no updates and no final date about deivery.They always blame the production and the supply chain and behave as in it doesnot matter to them. When we ask them things on mail , they straght forward say “No”. Even the manager don't recieve the call nowadays.We escalated from TSM till RM of Tata motors but we get Only assurance like “just wait for couple of days “ and after those “couple of days” no body picks the call.And dealer has the famous answer “sir covid ki wajah se delay hai..”.We can understand That there is delay but ain’t a customer suppose to know a final delivery date? To this quetion , No body has any answer. We are very frustrated because of this pathetic response from dealer as well Tata motors. We could have gone for other brands but sole reason to buy Tata vehicle was to choose a brand of our country but if this the pre sales service then I am wondering how would be the post sales service? We are very much disappointed with Bafna motors and Tata as well.All our occasions for buying the car have been ruined
- 1. In city you can get average of 11-13 depending on traffic and our driving patterns. I would recommend of driving in City mode. Eco mode would compel you to press on the acceleration more to surge ahead so chuck it. 2. There is a Insta FE meter in the center of the instrument cluster with reading from 0-30. Try to drive by keeping the reading more than half. That means the engine is consuming lesser petrol for that speed. And this applies for highway driving as well. I had been getting average around 12.5 in city and on highway I got 17.7. please note that I have got only first service done till now. Things can improve after 3rd service, when oil gets replaced.3. I read somewhere online that on highway, try to reach above 60km as fast as possible in city or sport mode and then switch to eco mode and try to drive with better insta fe reading on screen. That should help as well.
- In traffic and in city, drive your car on ECO mode. If you have manual transmission than try not to drive your car on half clutch. And don't go with the Screen reading its a bit different than original try your average by filling your tank with 10 litres when low fuel warning is indicated and check the mileage that how much kms did your car ran in 10 litres of petrol.
- Company claims 17 kmpl it's not even 15. I am using bs6 model automatic transmission it gives maximum 11 kmpl. On highway I got 12 kmpl. I am hugely disappointed with the mileage issue. Fuel consumption is more. My friend has diesel auto he gets a good mileage. The difference in mileage is huge. I am planning now to sell the car and look for better mileage car. Disappointed with TaTa .
Nexon 2017-2020 User Reviews
Yes, it’s true the looks and features we became so much fan off, were not so smart features after all. In1plain and simple words the common-sense was totally missing from this vehicle.! Yes, you read it correctly,1the common sense is not their at all in TATA NEXON XZ+. First, the Dancing Mirrors…! Scenario:- You just1came out of your home and stepped in your car ….……as soon as you will push the “Start/Stop(SS) Button1only once…….your rear blower will start……? Dude I am sitting in the front…….you should have1started the front blowers….? As mostly it’s single passengers sitting in the Cars………so why the hell1in the world you are starting the rear blower first.? Strange it is……! Then for the Front blowers you1press the SS button once again……okay the Ignition is “ON” now, with front blowers….Good…….but1why the hell the Side View mirrors are opening……? I have not even started the car yet and maybe I was just1not going to go anywhere at all………but why the Side View mirrors are opening if I am not going1anywhere.….? Talked to TATA MOTORS……they said it’s a Welcome feature in Top variant……so can’t do1much about it…! Okay, then I closed the Rear view mirrors by pushing the inner controller downward….cool,1they are close now. Now, I start the Engine to go to my office by pressing the SS button(along with Clutch)1third time, engine starts….perfect…….Side View Mirrors open again…? Dude you just lost it…….It’s1insane……I am such a driver that never uses the Rear view mirrors, and always do the lane driving…….!1So, TATA engineers should have given some sort of disabling mechanism for Side View mirrors’ traumatic dance1moves again n again……! Keep it simple guys and don’t make a mess of such AI integration…….we are1humans and we don’t need such repeated welcomes by our daily ride……just for starting1engine…….twice……jeez.! Mockery of the SS Button? Suppose you have just reached somewhere, want to Stop1the car engine, and simply need to wait for someone……….and keep the Blower/ Fan “ON”……….dude1you need to press the SS button three times…….! Just to “Stop the Engine and keep the FAN ON”. Let me1do it for you…….First SS Button press shuts the ENGINE OFF(along with Ignition+ FAN+ Rear1Blower-everything “OFF”)……….Second Press, re-starts the rear blower…….Third press, re-starts the1front blower / fan for you…….now you can wait for your someone.……! TATA engineers could have just Shut1the Engine off and kept the Fan/ Blower running in the single press…….isn’t it simple and easy……!1But TATA don’t want you to wait for anybody in your car…….specially with your fan “ON”. Or be ready1to press it three repeated times…….! Second, the Central locking……again without common-sense….!1Guys, you’re just not safe in TATA NEXON specially the XZ+ model….yes the top variant is specially1designed for only those people who have enough of money to be targeted by robbers again and again……!1Don’t believe me…….just trying stopping at any red-light and ….and……and don’t try to STOP the1engine……….ever……ever……ever…….forget the fuel economy / environment pollution / fuel1conservation…………don’t Switch OFF your engine at any cost…….Because, the moment you will do1this…….NEXON has opened all the four gates for your being vulnerable to robbers outside your car…….!1THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST SHOCKING OF THEM ALL…….! It’s been one month now…….I never switched off my1engine at any red-light or anywhere other than my office or my home………I FEEL SCARED…….IN NEXON XZ+.1AS I CANNOT TURN OFF MY ENGINE ANYWHERE AT ALL…….I MUST, IMMEDIATELY PRESS THE LOCK/UNLOCK KEY DOWN BELOW1TO RE-LOCK ALL YOUR DOORS…….AND JUST HOPE THAT YOU ARE FAST ENOUGH THAT NO ROBBER/ MOLESTER / RAPER HOPPED1IN YOUR CAR YOU WILL START FEELING SAFE AGAIN IN YOUR CAR…! Third…….only until you open your drivers’1door unlock lever…….!? Yes, I travel mostly alone from my home to office and then back…….! The moment1I open my(driver) unlock lever….all the doors will open……? Dude this is not Central locking……! If I1need to open all the doors I will use the Lock/Unlock Button on the front console…….! I am just opening my1Doors lever to unlock and TATA has once again left you completely vulnerable……by opening all four1doors……! You can also add My Laptop on the Back seat, lying their with all Car gates open…….for the1uninvited snatcher…….….just waiting to be picked….…….jeez…….….I’m once again scared, even1my laptop is scared now….….! Now you know….why I told that common-sense is missing in this Car.! Fourth,1You cannot leave your Elderly people inside the Car…… in a NEXON XZ+. Yes, don’t blame TATA for1this……….you should not bring any Non-technical(or not so tech friendly people along with you in the1NEXON car)……….or teach them to immediately press the Lock/Unlock key(on Dashboard) for closing all doors1& for their own safety. Scenario:- My father/ mother both senior citizens, sitting in the car….me driving1….okay. Now, I stop for a moment to bring something from the Market enroute……they both are still sitting1within the car…….! I think I should leave them with atleast fan/blower “ON”…….or they may suffer1due to lack of ventilation / air.! So, the Ignition is kept “ON”….so the blower can work…….Now you1stepped out of the car, you just pulled your door unlock- lever…….once again all the doors are1open………….immediately teach them to press the Dashboard Key with “Lock/Unlock” Icon on1it………because even if you are carrying the Key in your pocket…….and you try to lock the Car by the1key in your hand from outside…….all the doors will remain open as the Ignition is “ON”….! What good1is the Mainkey button Lock when the Ignition is “ON” – NO Good.! Only way to close “ALL” the doors1in such a scenario….make your not so Tech-friendly old parents….learn some tech finally….…….as TATA1has once again left them totally vulnerable from outside attacks………! I hope you are getting to the main1issues, I’m trying to highlight here……….! Mileage………please don’t ask…….not atleast1me….please.….! My car has just ran 500 Kms in total run…….and the average shown in the meter for that1500 kms is 10.0……………….! Yes, the Trip meter which I never reset right from the start………is showing the1average of 10 kms for the whole life distance of 500 kms……! Forget the claims TATA motors / or ARAI did for 17 kms average……! You’re most welcome to see my Trip meter with 500kms total Car run at 10.0 kms average.! Live example for you to see. I had a word yesterday at my Dealer he simply said please don’t go with the Meter gauge…….they do not show the true picture…….!1Go for full –tank and then do the Mileage calculations. I mean okay……but didn’t he meant to say that1the Tata Fixed our NEXON vehicles with Faulty Meters….? On enquiring further he said he is a New joiner from1SKODA Motors….………and he agreed that my above mentioned points are very valid and their must be some1way to disable them through some computer setting….…….”but the actual person who can do this is not1present now”…………so maybe tomorrow he replied…….……….when the engineer will come they will1inform me…….!
Sharing My Yesterday (18/11/2018) Experience:- Tata Nexon Kraz Plus (Petrol) is Best Level Compact SUV till now as per my 700 Kilometer Local Drive Experience. All Doors Side Rubbers protectors came out easily on dust cleaning. Driver Side Front Pillar visibility issue and creates right side blind spot. Others no issue find in this compact SUV.Very Poor Level Tata Service Centre (Hartron Motors LLP, Sector-18, Gurugram) Washing, Air, Vacuum & Cleaning Service.Never advise to take this Washing & Cleaning service there. Best Quality Services available outside Service Stations at various locations in Gurgaon with cheaper cost within 45-60 minutes maximum.But Tata Service Centre staff don"t know the cleaning process of cars. They don"t wash, air, vacuum service properly.Dust inside cabin after Air Pressure and Tree Leaves left outside Wiper Area after wash remains in car washing, after than vacuum cleaner service also very bad and at last on remaining dust of inside the dashboard, they done the polish work for brightness increasing.Small Mud stains still remains outside the car body, which are very easily removable with wet cloth in-front of them I clean with my finger only.I don"t understand what they have done in my SUV in the name of washing & cleaning from 12:34 PM to 4:45 PM (4 Hours ++ Time Taken and All time I keep standing there and watched all their activities on other cars also.)At last I have took the gate pass, because I have to go somewhere for meeting.As per my experience totally dumb & untrained staff at washing & cleaning service.
Purchased XZA+ on 20/6/2019 from Ambattur, Chennai. High vibrations in 1st gear and while reversing from day 1. Weird noise after applying brake from front and back. Complained at service centre - though they are courteous they did not accept that there is a fault in the vehicle. Complained twice to CEO Concorde and Tata Motors. Car was in service centre for 7 days - clutch was defective to be replaced along with fly wheel, for that Service center made me to take AMC Gold which I am not interested but paid to get my car out of service center. Problems still persist - but as per TATA these are normal:1.Swing motion of car like wooden horse toy(min 3 times) after applying brake.2.Weird noises after braking -various types of sounds can"t be explained.3.Engine knocking sound while AMT changes gears from 1 to 2 to 3 - even bus/truck will not have this type of sound. Inconsistent and mis fits in interior plastic -looks premium but of cheap quality plastic - any item you place in glove box, sun glass folder, water bottles in door panels will give sound / vibration.And lastly forget about mileage - in city traffic 6 to16.5(petrol).Complete package of unpleasant driving in city traffic.
Nexon is not just VFM but a great experience car. In few areas, it's difficult to even match it but my personal experience with car has not been so great ! Being a completely new car from scratch from tata stable,it has it's own share of issues. Rattling issues and random mechanical issues decreases the confidence on the car + in-experience of service staff make the issues and whole experience of owning a good car takes a hit!!!Rattling noises from plastic to mirrors, issues in basic car mechanic like gear-box problem in slotting 2/3/4 gear during driving, gear lever getting stuck on 3 gear , steering column noise, steering getting stuck on either of extreme ends, suspension rods noise etc are just few examples I've faced or facing currently.It's these experiences which eclipses the goodness of the car which are comfort of choosing different driving modes, classy interiors & exteriors, superb rear seating comfort, practical usable features etc PS: I drive daily 100+ kms to office with around 85+ kms in highway still getting not the best of results in terms of mileage
I own an XMA petrol and have done about 1600KM now. The performance improved a bit after the first service (checkup) but it seems like the mileage has taken a further hit. I"ve been observing the a mileage of 7KM/L in city driving and I don"t rush. And this is extremely disappointing. I can"t even blame the gearbox because I drive in manual mode so I can shift when I want to. I usually shift at about 2K RPM. Now another problem is that since it isn"t a high capacity engine performing duty in a heavy car, the dependency on the turbocharger is high. Now to work around the turbo lag, one needs to put the foot down to get a quick move on.So, this is like a vicious circle Nexon Petrol owners have gotten caught in. I believe and desperately hope Tata fixes this issue, as this definitely will affect the owners
Tata Nexon 2017-2020 Expert Reviews
Tata has finally launched the Nexon with an automated manual transmission and here are five things that you need to know about the Nexon automatic