Hyundai Elite i20 2017-2020 User Reviews

4.5/5

Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute

Deepranjan Ghosh
Deepranjan G.. 4.7 9 Nov 2019

Our first preference was to buy Ford figo but the varriant we wanted ford couldn't deliver so we choosed Elite i20 petrol and after 2 years I think it was best decision. We had a little less budget so we purchased the era varriant that is very rare and difficult to get. We bought it in 2017 november. I am driving the car for 2 years. Done about 9000 kilometers. The only one thing to sacrifice about it is the milage. I am a light footed driver. Always shift to 5 th gear in 60kmph and very ocassionally go over 100kmph. I get milage about 9-10 in town with ac and 13-15 in highway. But for its very good built quality and comfort I never mind for it. And one more thing I am talking about 2017 model. One of my friend bought 2018 model he is getting 11 in town and 16-17 in highway. For the people who prefers cars which give peace of mind while driving prefers a car which is very easy and efortless to drive i20 is one of the best 5 seaters under 10 lakhs for them. Talking about maintanance, Out of 3 service 2 service is the major oil change service which I had to pay the for consumables and for wheel balancing and allignment. In 1st year oil change service I paid 1950 including engine oil oil filter and wheel balancing. In 2nd year service I paid about 2850 including Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Wheel Balancing and Wheel allignment. According to my idea its very reasonable. For my experience in 2 years If someone looking for a family car for driving 3-4 days in a week and 500-600 km in a month and go for long rides ocassionally then i20 is best hatchback for them. Backseat space is also great so 5 adults can seat in the car for long rides.

Uses this car for : Occasional Commute | Family Car | Tours
Dheeraj Pareek
Dheeraj Pareek 4.7 31 Jul 2020

The Car is literally good for those who are going to buy there first car as its a hassle free car, for new people they don't have knowledge that what happens when you buy a car and find noisy cabins and less styling feature & safety features inside a car. although i will say Hyundai never claimed good averages in any of there Petrol car but if you want a Mileage machine i will say its better to skip Petrol and get the Diesel or go for Maruti Suzuki as they are famous for making mileage machine cars.i almost get a 18-22kmpl in highways or on long routes if you drive like 70-80kmph then you can get easily 17-18kmpl. In City well i live in a small city so on average if i drive 5-15km then i would get 10-12kmpl at maximum. if you extend it to like 30kmpl there is a chance you can get 15kmpl at maximum depends how gentle you drive your car.if you drive like 50-70kmph then definitely you will get more then 19 and even can go upto 22kmpl but trust me that would take your time, and if time is not your priority in that case you can really achieve good mileage.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute | Family Car | Tours
Shreyansh Jamloki
Shreyansh Ja.. 4.3 2 Dec 2020

Elite i20 is a decent package by hyundai.It provides better styling, Features and road presence than its other rivals.But if you are a car enthusiast who loves acceleration, Then this car is not for you.You can try its turbo petrol but still not up to its mark.Its build quality is fabulous.No crinkle sound from the panels even after many years.Touch and feel of interior is definitely up to its mark, Gives you a feeling of luxury.Handling is decent.But at high speeds like 100 or above.It definitely don't give you the confidence.Seats are comfortable.But you sit a bit lower comparing to its rivals.Breaking is also good.Better safety options.You'll feel it's 1.2l kappa petrol engine underpowered sometimes.You need to downshift the gears for overtaking.So, If you are a smooth driver and for whom powerful performance is not primary, Then this car is for you.

Abhijit Ray
Abhijit Ray 4.3 24 Nov 2020

I am a bit disappointed while comparing this version of i20 with my previously owned 2009 model i20. Its seems that the internal space has somehow been compromised, ride quality has gone down. However places where this car puts a smile on my face is - 1. Styling - it definitely is a gorgeous piece of art. 2. The keen eye to features which really matters - speed sensing door locks, automatic head lamps, rear camera with guidelines, door ajar warning.. just to name a few. 3. Right Sizing - the vehicle is nor too crammed up neither too spacious (compared to its older sibling) and thus fits into quite a number of tough parking spots in the city. 4. The aftersales service - not sure if hyundai solves all your problem or not but does sincerely listens. You can count on one fact, they will value your time.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute
Rahul Singh
Rahul Singh 3.7 27 Jun 2020

I have been driving this car from 5 years really had a very good experience with this car evn I have taken this car to the mountains tosh Manali loved it to ride evn there. Very comfortable on long drives too It gives you a smooth ride where ever you take this car The draw back is the rear sitting space for long drives I could recommend only 2 persons at the rear if you want to enjoy your journey second thing that sucks is the mileage with the petrol version it delivers only 12 km in the city and 14 -15 on the high way About safety I had 2 Major accident with this car but still we were safe Notting happened due too it's build quality thank God I was not driving a maruti car . In terms off saftey this car will never let you happen any thing

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Tours
David S
David S 3.3 26 Nov 2019

Very nice. Sale Executive respond and explain everything about the Do & Don't of the vehicle and what is the function and how to operate with all the Features provided.I am worried only with the poor mileage. 10 to 12 KMPL in the city, 15 to 16 KMPL in the highway. Since i'm from Shillong the Hilly areas, found that the performance is very weak. Little bit up or hilly vehicle wont go in a 2nd Gear. About Features i really appreciated, its really well and good. Vehicle is very stable no vibration even at the speed of about 120KMPH or 150KMPH. Only the SEAT is not comfortable as it is created as a Box type, for a long journey its really create a back pain and uncomfortable.

Rohit B
Rohit B 5.0 27 Sep 2019

I own the Hyundai I20 since 2016.Hyundai i20 is an amazing car, the driving experience is excellent, good acceleration and worth buying this car. The car has great safety features, music system, excellent sound quality. A.C, of the car gives proper cooling. The car is much spacious with ample legroom. It has great boot space.Hyundai i20 is my favorite car ever I bought it before 2.5 year. Still, I didn"t find any problems in my car that is how good it is. Hyundai has done a great job in making this car. I have completed 36000 kilometers but still, it is very good in the condition so it is good to go for the i20.

S Sivarao
S Sivarao 4.0 30 Sep 2020

Very Good car to travel within city or on highways. Front seats are quite comfortable. Thigh Support in back seats could be better. Overall Good for 4 people. Drive quality is superb. Feels so safe to drive at very high speeds also. Mileage in city traffic is average. On highway, when you go around 70-100kmph car will give you mileage of around 17kmpl. Above 100kmph even 15kmpl is doubtful. In city conditions, 12-14 depending on traffic and clutch usage. Struggles to pickup once speed goes down to zero but once it gets going drives amazingly fast. Boot space is small. Overall love my car.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car | Tours
Subhamoy Chakraborty
Subhamoy Cha.. 3.7 14 Jan 2020

Beautiful, powerful, comfortable, equipped, wide, spacious, lively car. Only that inspite best of my efforts, I have never been able to cross the 12kmpl barrier. I calculate: total KMS ÷ fuel used (full tank auto cut off to full tank auto cut off). The refuelling gives the total fuel used and use against the KMS cat had run. on highways, I have got a Max of 15 kmpl, driving very technically correct with the company recommendation and maintaining all technical limitations. and facing some it's and bits problems, calling for a molestation of my wallet. But still, overall a very good car.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car
Samiran Handique
Samiran Hand.. 3.2 10 Oct 2020

I wish I had bought Venue instead which was just launched. I didnt knw how the pertrol engine is in I20. Best hatchback till 2019. 2020 onwards the car are much better equipped and stylish. Plus the performance of I20 from my personal experience is not that great. It asks to drive calmly, sudden overtakes will need gear downshifts otherwise you can drive easily on lower power/torque during lower revs on higher gears eg 1.5rpm at 4th gear or 5th gear at a slow speed city bumper to bumper movement. The is definitely smooth and comfortable on bad roads and long drives.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute