Skoda Rapid is a 5 seater sedan car available at a price range of Rs. 7.49 Lakh to 11.79 Lakh in India. It is available in 5 variants and 6 colours. Skoda Rapid comes with BS6 compliant petrol engine only. The Rapid has a boot space of 460 litres. The petrol engine of Rapid is a 999cc unit which generates a power of 108.62bhp and a torque of 175nm. The Rapid is available only with a manual transmission. The mileage of Rapid is 18.97kmpl.
Skoda Rapid Latest Updates
Skoda India has launched the BS6-compliant Rapid from Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards. The main change for the BS6 Rapid is under the hood. It comes with a new turbocharged petrol engine which replaces the earlier diesel and naturally aspirated petrol engines. The Rapid is Skoda’s entry level model in India and is known for its tough build quality and fun-to-drive nature.
New Rapid Specifications
New Rapid Variants
The 2020 Skoda Rapid is offered in five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. All variants come with different colour options. You can read about them here.
New Rapid Features
Skoda Rapid Competitors
The Skoda Rapid TSI locks horns with the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Verna, VW Vento BS6 and the upcoming 2020 Honda City.
6 Offers Available
Skoda Rapid Summary
|Engine :||999 CC|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||18.97 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Gear Box :||6 Speed|
|Length Width Height :||4413*1699*1466|
|Boot Space :||460|
Skoda Rapid Price
The price of Skoda Rapid starts at Rs. 7.49 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 11.79 Lakh. The price of petrol variant of New Rapid ranges between Rs. 7.49 Lakh to Rs. 11.79 Lakh. Skoda Rapid is available in 5 variants and 6 different colours.
- Petrol (5 Variants)
Skoda Rapid Price List in India
Skoda Rapid News Updates
Best Compact Sedan Of The Year: Which One Would You Choose?
Which compact sedan from this list is your favorite pick?Jun 9, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Skoda Rapid Gets TSI Power; Priced From Rs 7.49 Lakh
The updated Rapid is powered by a BS6-compliant 1.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engineMay 26, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
2020 Skoda Rapid TSI India Launch On May 26: 5 Things You Should Expect
For the first time, the Rapid will be offered with a TSI petrol engineMay 25, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Skoda India To Virtually Launch Three New Cars On May 26
The three new models include the facelifted Superb, Karoq and the Rapid TSIMay 21, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
BS6 Effect: Skoda Discontinues Its BS4 Diesel And Petrol Cars In India
The BS4-compliant Rapid, Octavia, Superb, Kodiaq, and Kodiaq Scout have been axed in the Indian market. All models will be brought back with BS6 petrol enginesMay 7, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
2020 Skoda Rapid TSI BS6 Variants, Colour Options Revealed
The only missing piece in the Rapid TSI’s puzzle now is its priceMay 1, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Editor's View of Skoda Rapid
Build quality. Powerful and efficient diesel engine. DSG Gearbox. Ride and handling. Well equipped.
Loud diesel engine. Repair costs high. Service network.
With the new 7-speed dual clutch gearbox, the Rapid has the potential to be a gamechanger in the C-segment, especially in big cities where it should now be a popular choice
Skoda Rapid Mileage
Top Competitors of New Rapid
Rs. 8.86 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 9.91 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 9.3 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 8.31 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 6.09 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 8.86 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 5.89 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 5.82 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Rs. 35.99 LakhCompare with New Rapid
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying New Rapid
- For the availability and prices through CSD, we would suggest you walk into the nearest dealership as they will be the better people to assist you because it depends on their stock book. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest dealership and selecting your city accordingly - Car Showrooms.
- Yes, Skoda Rapid Rider indeed a value for the money variant. At its price, it offers better value as compared to the top variants of few Sub 4-meter compact sedans. It offers great build quality, good fuel efficiency, it has a spacious cabin and comfortable ride quality too. Features like, Automatic Climate Control, Power Adjustable Exterior Rear View Mirror, Power Boot, Rear AC Vents, Seat Lumbar Support, KeyLess Entry, Lane Change Indicator, a premium Dual Tone Dashboard, Power Adjustable Exterior Rear View Mirror, Heated Wing Mirror, Integrated 2-DIN Audio system makes it one on the most value for the money cars. Do take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts about the car. Check out authorised dealership details.
- Skoda Rapid has great build quality, powerful and efficient petrol engine, good ride and handling. And it is well equipped too. The Rapid has the potential to be a gamechanger in the C-segment, especially in big cities where it should now be a popular choice. Not it is available with a petrol manual transmission only. Yes, the manual transmission is always economical in terms of maintenance. Also, Skoda has reduced its maintenance cost as compared to before. The estimated maintenance cost for 5 years is around Rs. 35,128. For exact details, we would suggest you to exchange your words with the authorised service center. Do take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts about the car. Check out authorised dealership details.
- There’s not much to dislike about the Skoda sedan. With the facelift, it looks as premium as ever, and packs in more tech. If you feel the Vento is a bit out of reach, pick the Rapid. It’s practically the same package delivered with a smaller pinch to the wallet. Yes, it’s a tad bit old and it could do with some more features - but that build quality does make up for a lot! On the other hand, the City continues to be the most desirable sedan in this lot. It’s got the looks, the tech and more importantly - that oh-so-illustrious ‘H’ badge on the grille. It’s fun to drive, and has enough space to shame cars from a segment above. Moreover, we would suggest you to take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts. Click on the given link to get your nearest dealership details: https://www.zigwheels.com/dealers
- See driving pleasure...nothing can beat VW/Skoda...but it is low on space, ineffective A/C, and wallet shattering shattering maintenance costs. Honda city on other hand is generous in space, very good a/c very affordable maintenance and it is also very powerful to drive . If driving pleasure is your only concern go for skoda, otherwise Honda city....I will advise you to go and check both the cars in person and then decide.
- Bro in 2020 the best choice is Skoda rapid no doubt .city is thin like a paper but rapid build quality is like a tank .one word Skoda rapid is solid car and best choice
- In this budget, Skoda Rapid is indeed a good car to buy as it offers solid built quality with good fit and finish. We would suggest you pick for its diesel version because Rapid diesel engine is punchy, fun to drive and frugal. Rare for a car to pull all three off. Moreover, its top-spec model gets projector headlamps, leather upholstery, automatic climate control, touchscreen audio system etc. In terms of safety, Rapid is available with dual front airbags and ABS with EBD as standard. The top-spec variant is equipped side airbags as well. The automatic variants of the Rapid come with electronic stability control (diesel only) and hill hold control. Its 7-speed DSG automatic paired with the diesel engine is quick and refined. Rarely skips a beat. Do take a test drive in order to judge your driving comfort.
- If safety of family is of importance must go for any skoda vehicle. Depends on usage less that 500-800 per month go for petrol, if going long drives then diesel. still even if you buy diesel for short run no issues just price and maintenance is a bit on higher side but considering mileage with smooth DSG gearbox it's worth it. nice handling characteristics and spaciousness/ luxury is in genes of skoda vehicles.
- I had...XUV500..W6AT.drove nearly 28000..in one year..with Delhi to kanyakumari road trip...from very first day it had alignment problem....showed up 5times in a year...all time they revert...its just minor issue....but...It had some builtup issue...which they never acknowledged...so I sold off..and got tata harrier.....and done 500km...with this beauty...more headturner then any suv on road...and feel quite safe
- The biggest bugbear for Skoda has been that despite its Germanic build and high-quality components, their reputation has suffered due to the high cost of maintenance. The Rapid is a feeling of premiumness and long-lasting solidity that is a cut above the rest. The diesel too is impressive and among the most involving-to-drive sedans in the market. The Rapid is a car worthy of your attention if you are in the market for an executive sedan and want good driving dynamics.If we talk about Venue, Hyundai has got the basics spot on with the Venue. It’s spacious enough for the urban family, it has a large boot, and it’s offering the right blend of features and quality. Both the engine options we sampled felt versatile enough to tackle the daily grind and weekend getaways with equal ease. There’s a polished dual-clutch automatic as well, that adds greatly to the Venue’s convenience quotient. At that price, it’s not just an SUV that ticks all the right boxes, it’s also phenomenal value for money.It’s among the only ones in its class that actually looks like a scaled-down SUV and not a blown-up hatchback. It offers great engines, good interiors with an appealing design and that very likeable SUVish stance. So, if you need a small SUV that has some swag, you know where to head.We would like to inform you that Volkswagen Polo GT TSI has been discontinued and no longer available in the new car market. It delivers great performance and technology which is light years ahead of it competition. This little hatchback is extremely lively to drive, is relaxing when you want it to and stays decent when you visit the petrol station. The spares are expensive and service quality perceived is not yet up to the mark. But it pains to see such a fantastic product suffer because of the after-sales issues.
Skoda Rapid User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.2/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
45% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Mileage is around 15kmpl. In few conditions I got 19kmpl in highway.
Its good and reliable,Part cost to come down
nice car good value for money more well looking interior design led drl 1.5 tdi engine 16 inch alloy
The shock absorber is not up to the mark.....and service centers do give you bitter experiences at times.
Awesome car, truly a drivers car, worth for money. 5 stars for it
I bought Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI in May 2012 and it is still in an excellent condition. It is a very sturdy and reliable car. It's a joy to drive the car over long distances. It is a manual petrol version that I drive and can drive beyond 900 km in one tank filling on highways. The ride is slightly on the stiffer side but the car always feels firm on road at any speed. Steering gives just the right amount of feedback. Seats especially driver and co-driver's seats are good. Boot space is great and can carry a lot of luggage. Ideal for long distance trip with multiple destinations. Overall nothing to complain. This car is loved by my family. Can not ask for more from a car.
7 Speed DSG gear box is one of the best in india very refined but noisy. but 0% noise is audible inside the cabin. Real thrill comes when I watch other cars vanishing in my rear view mirror fantastic car for racing. City 13kmpl in bumper to bumper highway 18kmpl. You should be a passionate of cars to own this DSG automatic. On a full tank of 55 liters in city driven for 525 kms but still I have half a tank left over.
Great build quality.Awesome handling.Understated looks can divide opinion. Awesome Dsg gearbox. Negatives are space could have been better. Nvh levels are on higher side as compared to verna. Maintenance till know has been on par. Features on skoda rapid are really lacking over the competition verna and city both gives you sunroof. Skoda flaunts you with the superb DSG gearbox and tank like build quality.
Skoda Rapid is a value for money car in it"s segment. Not on top in terms of mileage, but manages to score more on its power output and cornering capabilities at high speeds. Very comfortable and reliable car for long trips. I have driven it 1000+ kms in a single day with no breakdowns whatsoever.
Most powerful car in its segment. Very stable on mountain roads and excellent comfort. Only issue is ground clearance. Boot space is huge. Except for ground clearance, have no other issue with this car. Having owned it for now more than 7 years, cant be any happier!
Skoda Rapid Expert Reviews
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI: Road Test Review
Sometimes a spec sheet can create an avatar of a car in your mind. Will the 2020 Rapid fall short of, meet or exceed our expectations?Jun 30, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Skoda Rapid: First Drive Review
The Rapid now comes with refreshing new looks and a new 1.5 litre diesel, with a service package that makes it more appealingNov 21, 2016 | By Benjamin Gracias
Skoda Rapid : Detailed Review
Is this a Fabia with a boot? Or is it a Vento with a rebadged front end? Or does the Skoda Rapid bring in a completely different character of its own?Nov 7, 2011 | By Muntaser Mirkar Photography : Kunal Khadse
Skoda Rapid Images
Skoda Rapid Colours
Skoda Rapid Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 35,128|
|Diesel Automatic (5 years)||Rs. 49,086|
|Petrol Automatic (5 years)||Rs. 34,907|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 49,086|
Skoda Rapid Offers
OfferNew Rapid 1.0 TSI Style offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 08 Jun-30 Jun
OfferNew Rapid 1.0 TSI Ambition offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 08 Jun-30 Jun
Skoda Rapid FAQs
What is the price of Skoda Rapid Top Variant?
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Skoda Rapid is 11.79 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Skoda Rapid?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Skoda Rapid is 18.97 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Rapid.
What is the EMI of Skoda Rapid in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Skoda Rapid in Delhi is Rs. 14,489 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Skoda Rapid?
What is the boot space in Skoda Rapid?
The boot space in Skoda Rapid is 460 L. View full specification of Rapid