Maruti Suzuki Ignis
Maruti Ignis is a 5 seater hatchback car available at a price range of Rs. 4.89 Lakh to 7.19 Lakh in India. It is available in 7 variants and 9 colours. Maruti Ignis comes with BS6 compliant petrol engine only. The Ignis has a boot space of 260 litres while it's ground clearance is 180mm. The petrol engine of Ignis is a 1197cc unit which generates a power of 81.80bhp and a torque of 113nm. The Ignis is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic. The mileage of Ignis is 20.89kmpl.
Maruti Ignis Latest Updates
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Ignis facelift at Rs 4.89 lakh. The updates are fairly minor in nature and comprise a new grille design and tougher-looking front and rear bumpers. Inside, it features more boot space at 275 litres as well as an updated 7-inch infotainment system and new upholstery.
It retains the 1.2-litre K12B engine with upgrades to meet BS6 emission norms. It continues to develop 83PS of power and 113Nm of torque, paired to a 5-speed manual and AMT gearbox.
The updated Ignis now commands a small premium of Rs 6,000 over the outgoing model. The 2020 Ignis facelift rivals the Ford Figo, Maruti Swift, and Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.
The facelifted Ignis can be had in a total of four variant trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The AMT transmission is available in the Delta, Zeta and Alpha variants.
Maruti Ignis Competitors
It takes on the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Swift, and Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.
6 Offers Available
Maruti Ignis Summary
|Engine :||1197 CC|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||20.89 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||Petrol|
|Transmission :||manual / automatic|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Ground Clearance (Unladen) :||180mm|
|Gear Box :||5 Speed|
|Fuel Capacity :||32 Liters|
|Minimum Turning Radius :||4.7 m|
|Length Width Height :||3700*1690*1595|
|Boot Space :||260-litres|
Maruti Ignis Price
The price of Maruti Ignis starts at Rs. 4.89 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 7.19 Lakh. The price of petrol variant of Ignis ranges between Rs. 4.89 Lakh to Rs. 7.19 Lakh. Maruti Ignis is available in 7 variants and 9 different colours.
- Petrol (7 Variants) |
- Manual (4 Variants)
- Automatic (3 Variants)
Maruti Ignis Price List in India
Editor's View of Maruti Ignis
Quirky design, spacious interior, standard safety tech, peppy petrol motor, AMT gearbox
No diesel engine, polarising design, price
The Ignis is a great little quirky car that packs in a lot and will put a big smile on your face every time you see it in your garage. A smile big enough to justify that price.
Maruti Ignis Videos
Maruti Ignis Mileage
Top Competitors of Ignis
Rs. 5.19 LakhCompare with Ignis
Maruti Wagon R
Rs. 4.45 LakhCompare with Ignis
Rs. 4.6 LakhCompare with Ignis
Rs. 4.41 LakhCompare with Ignis
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Rs. 5.06 LakhCompare with Ignis
Rs. 3.7 LakhCompare with Ignis
Rs. 5.63 LakhCompare with Ignis
Rs. 4.57 LakhCompare with Ignis
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 5.89 LakhCompare with Ignis
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Ignis
- Yes, Maruti Ignis can be bought from Arena showroom.
- SORRY SIR I HAVE NOT DRIVEN ANY AMT YET OF HYUNDAI CARS BUT I ASSURE YOU YOU LIKE HYUNDAI AMT BETTER THEN MARUTI AMT I SUGGEST YOU CAN TEST DRIVE BOTH CARS ONE BY ONE
- Maruti Ignis Delta AMT is priced at Rs. 6.14 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi). In order to know the approx on-road price click on the link and select your city accordingly. Moreover, the accessories prices depend on what you choose for your car. So for this, having a visit to the dealership would be a great idea. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest dealership and selecting your city accordingly - Car Showrooms.
- Both cars are good enough but come under different price segments. If you are on a budget and looking for a car for city commutes, you may go for Maruti S-Presso. On the other hand, If you want better power and a spacious cabin and often go for highway drives too, Maruti Ignis would be a better pick. You may compare both the cars according to their variants too. You may compare both the cars according to their variants too. Do take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts. Check out authorised dealership details.
- Ignis is far better if cash is not a problem
- Maruti's legendary service network and reliability make these cars are good options to buy. The Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is a good city car, offering a peppy-but-efficient engine, good drive dynamics and, most importantly, an automated-manual transmission. If we talk about Celerio, it offers a good driving experience and comes with a smooth gearbox too but it hasn't that appeal that Alto and Ignis have. If we talk about Ignis, it has good build quality, better power, space, ride height. Its driving ergonomics provide a better commanding view on the road. So, If you are on a budget and looking for a city slicker hatchback for your family you may go for Alto K10 otherwise Maruti Ignis would be a better option. Do take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts. Check out authorised dealership details.
- Wagon R or Ignis
- The Grand i10 may not have zing, but it’s as good as budget hatchbacks get. Hyundai has got the recipe of a small city hatch spot on. There’s no reason you shouldn’t consider buying one. On the other hand, The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is polarising in its looks, but that helps it stand out from the crowd. What makes it appealing is its well appointed and spacious cabin, efficient engine-transmission options and ride quality and comfort. While it may not be the most affordable car in its class, it makes up for that by offering the best in terms of standard safety tech and premium features. This quirky little hatchback is a style statement like no other. Hyundai Grand i10 Base variants are equipped with only a driver-side airbag and no ABS while, Maruti Suzuki is offering the Ignis with dual airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat mounts as standard across all variants. Read more: Maruti Suzuki Ignis Diesel: Road Test Review - https://bit.ly/2BosL57 Maruti Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Zeta AMT: Road Test - https://bit.ly/2lM78kP Maruti Ignis vs Hyundai Grand i10: Diesel Comparo - https://bit.ly/2p1ATTn Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel: 3500km Long Term Review - https://bit.ly/2wofhSp
- Clutch is hard of i10 , pickup is good as compared to i10 ,price difference,no door lock in i10 ,i10 has good weight ,ignis give 18-20 km easily,in petrol..i10 don't know,ignis in mini suv type and i10 is hatchback, depends on your height ,take ride ,
- THE NEW GRAND i10 HAVE MORE FEATURES THAN IGNIS AND MORE COMFORTABLE. SAFETY IS BOTH ARE SAME.BUT THE PRICE RANGE IS HIGHER THAN IGNIS AND FUEL ECONOMY GRAND i10 IN HIGHWAY IS AROUND 16KM/L.BUT IGNIS HAVE 20KM/L.BOTH VEHICLE ARE VALUE FOR THE MONEY
Maruti Ignis User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.3/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
48% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Nice car for city ride also for weekend trip
It has been a good experience
Nice performance and best service centre
Superb Family car. Easy to handle with 1.2 petrol engine.
Perfect car. Very well and perfect from swift and baleno
Owning/Driving Ignis Zeta MT from last 14 months, crossed 9500 kms on odometer till now. My buying experience:As I had already owned secondhand Maruti 800cc and driven Alto K10 (1000 cc) cars in the past & now wish to buy a new car for the first time, I was looking for a 1200cc car, within budget of 6.5 lakhs, so shortlisted Swift, New Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago and Ignis. Took test drive of each of them. Facelift Swift VXI was overall a good car but costing at around 7.06 lakhs OTR, Santro Asta test drive was not satisfactory. Tata Tiago XZ was at 6.30 lakhs OTR but had 3 cylinder engine.Further I found that Maruti Swift, Baleno, Dezire & Ignis have the same K12B petrol engine generating similar power.Due to heavy year-end discounts the Ignis Zeta MT was costing me at 6.39 lakhs OTR. In this price I was getting a 1200cc 4 cylinder engine car with 15 inch Alloy Wheels, Push Button Start, Body Cladding, Blue tooth & steering control enabled music system having 6 speakers, Fog lamps, Rear-defoggers with wash wipers, Auto folding ORVM, Extended warranty, NEXA Card & Fast tag. Unbeatable deal, So ignored all other options and finalised the Ignis.From test drive to delivery of the car, NEXA dealership have given me a very nice and memorable experience.Pros:Peppy driving.Standard safety features across all variants.Very good mileage, 14-15 in city & 20-22 on highways with AC on.High ground clearance.Sufficient head and leg room.Easy ingress and outgress.Low maintenance & service cost.Many small features in Ignis such as Door handle design, adjustable head rests on all seats, 60:40 foldable rear seat, Split tail light, bigger tyres, etc are found only in costlier and premium cars.Cons:Rear design of the car is very unique but not appealing to the masses and it is the sole reason behind low sales figures of the Ignis.Body panels are weaker compared to other cars as it easily get dents from hitting of small stones on the road.Somewhat stiff suspension.Servicing at regular Maruti Dealership, so no NEXA experience after purchase.My experience with the car:My routine driving is on poor roads. I have also taken a long road trip with family in my Ignis. But no problem at all.First 3 services within a year are free from Maruti. It costs me around 3600rs. for the oil change, wheel balancing alignment and minor spares till today.From my own experience I can say that Ignis is the Best car at this price point. I recommend to buy NEXA card, as the whole cost of the card can be redeemed within a year.Extended warranty is a gimmick and may be avoided.
I AM RAMAGOPAL RAO VLN. DHONE TOWN KURNOOL DISTRICT. I BOUGHT IT ON 12TH DECEMBER 2018, IGNIS ALPA MT PETROL LIMITED EDITION CAR IT EXCELLENT AND SUPERB PETROL CAR. SINCE 2 YEARS I SCARCHED SEVERAL CARS , BUT NO ONE CAN BEAT IT. IT IS VERY EXCELLENT IN ALL ASPECTS. OF MILEAGE, GROUND CLEARANCE, HEIGHT,ENGINE SMOOTH. PICKUP, NAVIGATION, SMART PLY INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM IS VERY GOOD IN THIS CAR. I DRIVE 750 KMS WITH THE SPEED OF 70 TO 80 KM PER HOURS. WITH THE CONTROL OF 2 RPM BY USING THE SPEED PETROL I GOT 23KMPL. IT IS VERY AMAZING . THANKS TO MARUTI SUZUKI.IT GOT 3 STAR RATING TO CRASH TEST OF NCAP AND 5 STAR RATING TO SAFETY TEST OF NCAP. I FOUND OUT IN MY SEARCH.SO I PURCHAED IN KURNOOL.
Ignis is a compact car, but it is very much spacious in its segment. I would say its the perfect car for beginners. Easy to drive. I own a manual transmission petrol engine. Power delivery is smooth, engine doesn"t lags. Fun to drive , post 2500 rpm its flying. Sound damping is not so great. We can feel that when the car is moving through rough surface roads. But overall its great. Again one word perfect for beginners
I get 22 kmpl mileage on road. it is feature packed and powerful car. I have bought this car one and half month ago. driven 4000 kilometres. completely satisfied with power II mileage features and style as well. shock absorber nice and build quality are 90% satisfactory. thank you Maruti Suzuki and thankyou CarDekho.
Ignis is very good car for city driving as well as Highway.Its Peppy design is very helpful for overtaking.Mileage is good in city also. Engine specifications are same as Swift hence engine is very refine. Ground clearence 180 mm helps in rough roads which is very important for indian roads.
Maruti Ignis Expert Reviews
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Diesel: Road Test Review
The diesel Ignis promises sensible Maruti values and low running costs with a healthy dose of modern-day appeal and thrills. How well does it balance the two flavours?Apr 11, 2017 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Zeta AMT: Road Test
I'm the millennial Maruti execs made countless presentations upon. Does the Ignis make me want it?Mar 27, 2017 | By Arun Shenoy Photography: Vikrant Date
Maruti Suzuki Ignis: First Drive Review
Is Maruti Suzuki’s Ignis just another hatchback? The design promises more, but what will help it stand out from the crowd, and how well does it drive? We look for answers on our first drive of the Ignis.Jan 19, 2017 | By Kartikeya Singhee Photography Eshan Shetty
Maruti Ignis Images
Maruti Ignis Colours
Nexa Blue Silverq
Nexa Blue Black
Maruti Ignis Service Cost
|Diesel Automatic (4 years)||Rs. 22,457|
|Petrol Automatic (4 years)||Rs. 20,803|
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 16,110|
Maruti Ignis News Updates
All Your Questions About The Maruti Ignis’ Variants Answered
Each variants’ price and features fleshed-outFeb 20, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Packs In A BS6 Engine And A Facelift For Just Rs 6,000 More
It now features a BS6-compliant 1.2 litre VVT petrol engineFeb 18, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift: 5 Things To Know
It is slated to launch shortly after the expoFeb 10, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis Gets Its First Update... Sort Of
The changes are so minor, you’d require a magnifying glass to notice themFeb 7, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
EXCLUSIVE: Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift Launch At Auto Expo 2020
The facelifted Ignis comes with a host of cosmetic updates and possibly a BS6-compliant petrol engineJan 22, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift Looks Ready For Launch In India
The hatchback has been spotted undisguised in the countryJan 17, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Maruti Ignis Offers
OfferIgnis Sigma offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 04 Jul-31 Jul
OfferIgnis Alpha AMT offersOffer By : CompanyValidity : 04 Jul-31 Jul
Maruti Ignis FAQs
What is the price of Maruti Ignis Top Variant?
The ex-showroom price of top variant of Maruti Ignis is 7.19 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Maruti Ignis?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Maruti Ignis is 20.89 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Ignis.
What is the EMI of Maruti Ignis in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Maruti Ignis in Delhi is Rs. 9,466 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Maruti Ignis?
What is the boot space in Maruti Ignis?
The boot space in Maruti Ignis is 260 L. View full specification of Ignis
What is the ground clearance of Maruti Ignis?
The ground clearance of Maruti Ignis is 180mm.