2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA Variants Breakdown
- by Nabeel Khan
- July 7, 2017
- Views : 14973
Fancy yourself a GLA? Find out which variant makes the most sense for you.
The Mercedes-Benz GLA facelift has made its way into the country at a base price of Rs 30.65 lakh. In our opinion, the new baby SUV from Mercedes looks gorgeous and with the new GST prices in play, it is Rs 2.47 lakh cheaper than before. All this adds up to a very lucrative offering. So, if you fancy yourself the updated version of the muscular German SUV, here is the variant-wise breakup of the 2017 GLA.
Before we dive into the nitty-gritties of features, let's have a quick look at the engines, variants and their prices.
|Variants||GLA 200 Sport||GLA 200d Style||GLA 200d Sport||GLA 220d 4MATIC|
|Price*||Rs 32.20 lakh||Rs 30.65 lakh||Rs 33.85 lakh||Rs 36.75 lakh|
|Transmission||7-Speed Dual Clutch||7-Speed Dual Clutch||7-Speed Dual Clutch||7-Speed Dual Clutch|
|Top Speed (Kmph)||225||205||205||218|
*All prices ex-showroom, India.
Now that you have a basic idea of the cost and mechanicals on offer, let's dive into the variant-wise feature distribution and determine which variant suits you the most. Though there are four different variants of the GLA you can choose from, the features are differentiated into only two variants - Style and Sports.
1. GLA Style (200d - Rs 30.65 lakh)
The most affordable GLA you can get, the Style variants comes only with a diesel powertrain. It is the ideal car if you are looking to enter the luxury SUV space. The 200d Style misses out on some features but is essentially a complete package. Have a look at the features on offer.
- 18-inch, 5-Twin-Spoke Silver Alloy Wheels
- Aluminium Black Roof Rails
- Attention Assist Features
- Cruise Control With SpeedTronic
- ECO Start/Stop Function
- Electrically-Adjustable Driver Seat With Memory
- Electrically-Folding ORVMs With Auto-Dimming
- Folding Rear Seat
- LED Headlamps With Static Light System (LHT)
- Keyless start
- Multifunction Steering Wheel With Shift Paddles
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Rear Armrest
- Reversing Camera
- Seat Comfort, Memory And Smartphone Int package
2. GLA Sports
|GLA 200 Sport||GLA 200d Sport||GLA 220d 4MATIC|
|Rs 32.20 lakh||Rs 33.85 lakh||Rs 36.75 lakh|
|+Rs 1.55 Lakh||+Rs 1.65 Lakh||+Rs 2.9 Lakh|
In terms of features, the remaining three variants - 200 Sport, 200d Sport and 220d 4MATIC, all come with the same set of features. The range consists of a 2WD petrol, a 2WD diesel and an AWD diesel. The 220d 4MATIC is the most powerful and the top-of-the-line variant. It is the only model in the range which gets Mercedes' AWD system. The petrol variant is the 200, which is the quickest to 100kmph and has the highest top speed. Let's take a look at the features on offer.
- 18-Inch, 5-Spoke Vanadium Silver Alloy Wheels
- LED Headlamps And Taillights With LED Crystal Look
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Aluminium Finish Radiator Grille And Front Bumper
- Twin-Pipe Exhaust With Chrome-Plated Tailpipe
- Ambient Lighting with 12 Colours Options
- 3-Spoke Steering Wheel With 12 Controls
- 8-Inch High-Resolution Infotainment System
- Electrically-Adjustable Driver And Passenger Seat With Memory Function
- Keyless Go Starting Function
- Light And Sight package
- Memory Package (Available Only In 200d)
- Panoramic Sliding Sunroof
The distribution is pretty simple. If you are looking for a fully-loaded luxury SUV to drive around in the city, the Sports variants are the go-to choice. But, if you are just looking for a comfortable urban SUV and want to upgrade to the luxury segment for the first time, the Style variant will take good care of your needs.
- Mercedes-Benz E 350d First Drive: On A Cushion Of Air