About Honda Amaze 2016-2021
Honda Amaze 2016-2021 Overview
Production of the facelifted Honda Amaze has commenced, and the units have started reaching dealerships ahead of its August 18 launch. It will feature a few updates inside out. However, it will continue the pre-facelift model’s 90PS 1.2-litre petrol and 100PS 1.5-litre diesel engines, with 5-speed manual and CVT options.
The facelifted Amaze is expected to command a premium over the current model, which retails from Rs 6.32 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards. It will rekindle its rivalry with the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Hyundai Aura, Ford Aspire, and Tata Tigor.
Honda Amaze 2016-2021 Colours
Platinum White Pearl
Lunar Silver Metallic
Modern Steel Metallic
Golden Brown Metallic
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Amaze 2016-2021
- The Honda Amaze comes with an Android Auto and Apple Carplay that can access navigation too.
- The Amaze facelift is available in three broad trims: E, S, and VX. All variants apart from the base-spec E have seen a price increment of up to Rs 6,000. Also, the diesel-CVT powertrain, which was earlier offered from the lower-spec S, can now be had in the fully loaded VX trim only. You may click on the following link and check out a detailed comparison between the two variants: Amaze E vs Amaze S
- The facelifted Amaze is meant for the city, and that only gets more evident with the suspension setup. It is on the softer side and handles potholes like a charm. It’s not that you won’t feel the undulations ( there is a bit of movement in the cabin), but the Amaze ensures there’s no harshness. For a better understanding of performance and driving comfort, we would suggest you to take a test ride. Follow the link and select your desired city for dealership details.
- Pros:- Buy this car only if u want comfort and real time 17.5 kmpl petrol. CVT variants are also good with 17.3kmpl mileage and 24kmpl diesel mileage. diesel is soo good in terms of performance and mileage than petrol. Petrol is king in refinement. Four star rated for the cars sold in Africa only I don't know about Indian car. But it seems well built. cruise control etc.Cons:- Honda is very slow in terms of upgrading this car in India. There are no connected car features and animations in the car anywhere like Suzuki or ford offer's . Car literally vibrates when it's in the reverse gear and in the first gear as well, that is soo annoying😶. Like fordpass which lets u to know the number of Kms u've driven and which door is open, tyre pressure monitoring etc all those are available in aspire as well, why don't you give atleast such few features honda. honda connect app is only for city car . Now amaze petrol VX mt is 9.6 lakhs on road there are no rear adjustable headrests and the petrol engine isn't punchy enough but It is refined. You removed built in navigation, music system is AVG speakers can't handle high NUM sound that shows AVG speakers quality. There is no auto dimming rear view mirror these are the features not available in any of their variants. Best vfm variant is S variant I guess. They literally seem to be made this car for one who wants to buy it for 8 lakhs on road because only that variant justifies the value one is investing.
- I've no idea about honda amaze since I've Swift Dzire vxi thus I would suggest vxi because after my experience with the car the vehicle is really good with power steering for handling Delhi trafffic & ofcourse easy service of the vehicle with reasonable price
- Dezire is cheap to run but doesn't has that build quality which Amaze has. Amaze has received 4 stars in Global NCAP for crash test, whereas Dezire's built quality is questionable.The parts for Dezire are cheap, however they are needed to be changed more frequently than the Amaze. Hence the actual cost of ownership is lesser in an Amaze then the Dezire
- Diesel and Petrol are equally good, however, it depends on your use, what you should buy. If you are using the car for 40 to 50 KM commute per day then better buy a Diesel car. The price wise Diesel Amaze is more expensive to Petrol Amaze. Nowadays , the priced difference between Petrol and Diesel is hardly ten rupees per liter.,
- In Honda Amaze all variants are good with respect to Safety .In Cars safety comes first . It is offered Dual front air bag, ABS+EBD , Rear parking sensors, iso fix child sets and day night view mirror,Power steering are offered uniform across all models. it is offered in four variants S,E,V and Vx . Vx is the top variant offers best value for money. The E variant is High on economy . In our view S variant will be a good option. May choose accordingly as per your budget .
- Honda S. Price difference of S and V is 50k, but S and V has only three ignorable difference. Fog lamp, Reverse cam and auto AC. No practical difference in Auto AC and manual in car.I had installed branded Fog lamp and reverse cam in 4k only.
- Honda offers the navigation system with the top-spec VX variant of Amaze. Click on the 'menu options' button available on the infotainment unit and navigation system shows up on the screen. If you can't find the option even then, we would suggest you to visit the nearest authorized service center and they would assist you with the information.
- There is no such navigation facility in honda amaze BS6 vxmt variant.I have to use android auto app for the same.though the BS4 variant has it in infotainment system.
- I bought the VX variant of Honda Amaze BS6 on December 28 2020. It no longer has a built in Navigation system. Honda seems to have removed it in the recent iteration.
Amaze 2016-2021 User Reviews
Amaze can"t overcome hills.Low power is main issue I found and it"s only in petrol version.I am also one of the happy customer of Honda until driving a hill or ascent.Amaze can"t overcome ascents.Its the only issue i found since driving 3000km,which is not an acceptable issue.When i contacted Honda they said its handed over to dealer,but the dealer informed Honda that they didn"t find any abnormality in my car which they accepted that Amaze has power issue and its for maintaining mileage once i was there at showroom.And when i asked dealer about their reply to Honda they said its made like that they can"t tell this to Honda,if we want to ride hills we must choose another vehicle and they can"t fit same Honda engine on both boat and car(just imagine my situation hearing this kind of reply from dealers).Really pathetic situation. So, dear brothers and sisters please don"t buy amaze petrol.If you like Amaze go for diesel.All other features in amaze are good.I choose petrol because i am not aware of this power issue and now suffering for my choice.My bad i have test driven Amaze but not on an ascents. When you people ask sales person about this power issue they will reply there is nothing like that,better have a test drive with the same sales person on a hill or ascent and ask him to stop car in middle and then move, you can experience what i was saying about.
I have honda amaze diesel v variant 2019 interior quality of fiber is great car has done 2 servicing average over all 18km/lit ground clearance is 163(original)mm there is less ground clearance engine sound is ok,pickup is good big problem with suspension it is softer side but more jurk fill in cabin tyre pressure has been filling 33psi always and second biggest problem is more bodyroll and front seats have no thigh support, steering weight not match with high and low speed it is almost hard all the time its fill hydraulic power steering speed limit is 140 and in bumper to bumper traffic clutch fill more hard your left leg has more pain, rear windows glass not goes down completely, if it half open its vibrate closing and opening time and more vibrates on rough roads when driving Difference between display average and full tank Method is 2/3 km per liter on rough roads more body sound and suspension sound come inside Rear seat is more comfortable legroom is more sufficient then other cars but thigh support is biggest issue boots pace is 420 lit more than other cars tyre size is ok 175/65/R15 this tyre is broad but height is less I don't understand its suspension is softer side but why this car fill jurk and vibrates on rough roads you can't get high speed my old zen 2005 lx has more better suspension than this car
Following is a review on the Honda Amaze Petrol after 5000kms. Looks: The overall silhouette of the new Amaze is good. It now looks like a bigger car compared to the previous version. I am not a big fan of the thick chrome grill at the front. The headlamps are stylish. The rear looks good with C-shaped lamps and sloping roof.Performance: The engine is super smooth and the gears are slick. Frequent gear changing is required but the performance is good. The initial pickup is low to maintain fuel economy. The car feels best on the highway. Feels stable even at speeds of 120kmph.Interiors: The interior is spacious and comfortable. The beige and piano black finish looks classy. The AC is quick and powerful. The rear seats offer ample legroom. The door speakers produce good sound. Audio controls are present on the steering wheel. The boot is spacious at 420 liters.Mileage: For a 1.2 liter petrol sedan, the mileage is good. It offers about 18.5 kmpl on the highway and 14-15 kmpl in the city with AC.Ride and Stability: The wheels soak up most bumps effortlessly. The ride quality is good. The stability at high speeds is good and body roll is controlled.Overall: Value for money. Spacious interiors and boot space. Good mileage and ride comfort.
1. Honda Elite Cars Rajahmundry delivery my car in time as they promised to me.After reviewing Swift,Xcent and Ertiga i decided to by New Honda Amaze.I have seen so may bad review in amaze but my friend who is service engineer of Top Brand told that New Amaze is best in segment . Also service cost is low as so many told that Honda car service is High.2. I completed my 900 KMS traveled continuously for 300 KMS i did not feel any discomfort while journey. But the same journey with Etois i feel so much discomfort . Normally when we travel in car we feel dizzy but with amaze while riding we feel as we are at home . AC is very good no need for Rear AC vent.3. From far its looks like Volvo car. Mileage is good got AVG 21KMPL with in local and Highway. Some reviews told there is a problem in reverse gear but it is totally wrong.4. yet to give to service 5. Pros:Lots of boot Space, Leg room , Audio is Superb when compared to other cars . Diesel engines are noisy but Amaze engine is low noise like petrol engine. AC is very good no need for Rear AC vent.Cons: Some told that it has no resale value. But with Honda Pre owned car and its brand its not a big issue it think.
I purchased Honda on the year it was launched 2013 (Purchased Dec 2013). It's a budget friendly car & gives me good mileage. City 14-16 kmplHighway 18-19 kmplService cost approx 3200-3500 per yearInterior - Basic (Very Simple)Exterior - BasicBoot Space - OKMusic System - Very Good (Simple)Ground Clearance - Ok (Depends on the rider though I drove it in Hills area & haven't yet faced any kind of problem yet)Cons - Chasis is not so heavy so whenever you drive at speed of 100 above & then tries to reduce the speed by switching gear & reduce speed simultaneously in short time it's body gets j****d but only it feels to the driver. I thoroughly studied it & found that due to light weight chasis it gets j****d otherwise it's pick up speed is very very good.
Honda Amaze 2016-2021 Expert Reviews
The Honda Amaze impressed us when we first drove it back in April, does it continue to do so after our rigorous real-world tests?
The Honda Amaze could be the company’s stepping stone back to greatness. Check out all the important photos of the car below
Honda’s second generation Amaze is much more than a new sub-4 metre sedan. But is it enough?