Tata Tiago is a 5 seater hatchback car launched at a base price of Rs. 4.60 lakh in January 2020 by Tata in India. Tiago is available in petrol engine only . Tiago petrol is powered by 1199cc engine claiming mileage of 23.84kmpl. Tiago also comes with automatic transmission. It is available in 8 variants and 6 colours.
Tata Tiago Latest Updates
Tata Tiago has received a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP for adult occupant protection. The rating for child occupant protection was 3 stars. The protection to adult occupants in the front seats was rated from ‘marginal’ to ‘good.’ Despite the absence of ISOFIX mountings, child occupant protection was also rated 'good' for both child dummies. This makes the Tiago one of the safest cars in its segment. It comes with dual airbags, ABS, EBD, and front seatbelt pretensioners.
The Tata Tiago BS6 hatchback has been launched at Rs 4.60 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be available with a 1.2-litre petrol engine, while the 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel engine has been given the boot. The Tiago BS6 also comes with cosmetic updates that take design cues from the Altroz hatchback.
Inside, the hatchback comes with the Altroz’ sleek 3-spoke steering wheel. The 7-inch touchscreen system has also been updated and there is new seat upholstery as well. Rivals for the Tiago BS6 include the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R and Hyundai Santro. The hatchback is available in 6 body shades– Victory Yellow, Flame Red, Pearlescent White, Pure Silver, Daytona Grey and Tectonic Blue along with dual tone options.
Specifications Summary of Tata Tiago
|Engine :||1199 cc|
|Emission Norm Compliance :||BS VI|
|Mileage :||23 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||petrol|
|Transmission :||manual / automatic|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
|Ground Clearance (Unladen) :||170mm|
|Gear Box :||5 Speed|
|Fuel Capacity :||35 Liters|
|Minimum Turning Radius :||4.9 meters|
|Length Width Height :||3765*1677*1535|
|Boot Space :||242|
Tata Tiago Price
Tata Tiago prices start at Rs. 4.60 lakh for petrol and goes upto Rs. 6.60 lakh.
- Petrol (8 Variants)
Tata Tiago Variants Price List
Tata Tiago Videos
Top Competitors of Tiago
Rs. 5.29 lakhCompare with Tiago
Rs. 5.19 lakhCompare with Tiago
Rs. 4.41 lakhCompare with Tiago
Rs. 5.64 lakhCompare with Tiago
Rs. 4.89 lakhCompare with Tiago
Maruti Wagon R
Rs. 4.46 lakhCompare with Tiago
Rs. 2.92 lakhCompare with Tiago
Rs. 5.39 lakhCompare with Tiago
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Tiago
- If we talk about Tata Tiago, it offers a huge package of comfort and safety features. But there are some features which can't be added afterwards like Key In Reminder, Corner Stability Control, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, etc. On the other hand, if we talk about Tata Altroz XE,As the entry-level variant of the Altroz, the XE doesn’t offer much in terms of comfort. But if you’re stretching your budget for a premium hatchback instead of a mid-spec mid-size hatchback, it is worth considering. In fact, it is the most affordable BS6-compliant offering in the segment as of now with the introductory prices.With the Rhythm Pack(Rs 25,000) you get an infotainment system to the XE variant with a 3.5-inch display, 2 speakers, and Bluetooth connectivity. It also adds dual horn and remote key features to the XE variant of the Altroz. We would not recommend this package as third-party audio systems with more features are readily available in the market at a lower price.Moreover, we would suggest you to take a test drive in order to clear your all doubts. check out the authorised dealership details.
- Tiago is value for money and is safe..unless you need a cng go for celerio...tiago is good in citys and highways ...
- 32. Or in winter you can keep 34
- I'd say Tiago is better in safety and build quality. Its really sturdy. Best in class body panel thickness. Its 1200kgs. So there you have an answer. I would prefer solid Tiago over a cheap and cheap built Swift.
- Obviously swift for humans safety and tiago for vehicle safety body built. If you wish to live long then swift is the best or rather if you don't want to live and your car needs live then Tiago
- In terms of safety, Tiago is at everest level. Definitely go with Tiago.
- No, till date.Tiago is in two engine option onlypetrol and diesel
- No, as of now, but you can installed it from authorized CNG fitment.
- No, rear camera.But Top model is equipped with parking sensor
- No.. We can fix separate
- No..install autocop rear cam
- No, the Integrated 2-DIN Audio system with front speakers starts form XT variants.
- You can install it
Tata Tiago Mileage
Tata Tiago User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.5/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
55% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Compared to 2016 and 2017 make tiago, 2018 engines are more refined and fine tuned with no vibration, minimum engine noise, minimum cabin noise. Feature are superb - super sound Harmann musin system, mobile to car speaker blue tooth connectivity both for music, navigation and telephone connectivity. Premium looking car interior. Yesterday I had gone for a 55km + return on a six line highway with trip meter B set to '0'. At 70/80/90 kms/h car was displaying 25km/l though when I checked trip meter A it was showing 15 km/l. I don't understand why there is a huge difference. If you want see 24km/l on your instrument cluster there is a way. After starting the car while it is moving set trip meter A and B to '0'. Let the trip meter B on your display which will show mileage of the current journey only. while keeping the speed 70-90 km/h your will see the mileage figure rose up to 25 - 27km/l which will shock you. i don't know whether it is actual.Anyway it is a good car with reasonable mileage, superb safety and superb features.
I bought a Tiago from tata. It became a biggest trouble in my life in the part of my money because the mileage which that car given for me is just 9km/ltr and the service cost which utilised fromme is lakhs and lakhs. Because my purchase of Tiago my dad had used an Alto 800 in that car we got high mileage and only less and low maintenance charges . The performance that car(Alto) had given for me was really awesomebut Tiago it's really a worst car I ever driven the driveability is really too worst even the base entry level Alto 800 base Variant is much smoother than the 2017 Tiago so please don't go for wasting your money by buying Tiago it's really a bad car I am saying of from having experience on it
Overall it is very good car compared to other hatch back competitors like hyundai santro, i10, celerio, wagnor, kwid and swift. I can it is the best car when it comes to safety, build quality, performance and mileage (my amt xza car is giving 24-25 on highways). But only thing I've observed is little bit noise because tata comes with 3 cylinder. If it starts providing cars with 4 cylinder, then no other can compete with it (this is for sure which I can say0.
Excellent car for a small family. Haven't driven too much in the city. But driven in highways a lot. can say mileage is pretty good getting around 19kmpl. But when it comes to power, generally desire for more and need to shift gears at lower speeds due to non availability of turbo. ps: Engine sound it bit high.
Perfect small car for my family. Love the Style, road grip, driveability and most importantly safety.Music System is awesome, seat cushions comfortable for long journey and space is best in class.I love Tiago
i have too good experience for this budget car
comfortable journey with good safety.cabin sound matters
Mileage is average at normal condition and better giving at precision driving and better road condition, comfort is avesom
Good one I really like Tata vehicles
good on this budget .i got on top model at 6 lakh .price wise good .
Tata Tiago Expert Reviews
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Vs Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago: Compact Hatch Comparison
The WagonR sits between the most affordable cars of India and the more aspirational hatchback space. This segment has grown with the times and now features new players like the upmarket Santro and the feature-rich Tiago. Has Maruti added enough oomph to the WagonR to see it regain its crown?May 16, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Tata Tiago: Long Term Wrap Up
As we bid goodbye to the Tata Tiago, here’s a look back at how reliable a workhorse it had beenNov 13, 2017 | By Amar Katkar
Tata Tiago : Detailed Review
The Tata Tiago is finally here with its bold new design and brand new diesel and petrol engines. So is it any good? Well, read on to find out.Dec 5, 2015 | By Cyrus Dhabhar Photography: Eshan Shetty
Tata Tiago Images
Tata Tiago Colours
Tata Tiago News Updates
Tata Tigor And Tiago Get An Impressive 4-star Safety Rating From Global NCAP
Tata takes the lead to make compact cars safer in IndiaJan 23, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Facelifted Tata Nexon, Tigor, And Tiago Launched With BS6 Hearts
Can revamped exteriors and BS6 engines accelerate Tata’s growth?Jan 22, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Revised Nexon, Tiago And Tigor With BS6 Hearts Set To Launch Tomorrow
Tata Motors has already commenced bookings for a token amount of Rs 11,000Jan 21, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels