Ford Figo is a 5 seater hatchback car launched at a base price of Rs. 5.39 lakh in March 2019 by Ford in India. Figo is available in both petrol and diesel . Figo petrol is powered by 1194cc engine claiming mileage of 18.5kmpl and Figo diesel is powered by 1499cc engine claiming mileage of 24.4kmpl. It is available in 7 variants and 5 colours.
Ford Figo Latest Updates
Ford India has launched the 2020 BS6 Figo hatchback in India at Rs 5.39 lakh (ex-showroom). The hatchback's 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol engine makes the same 96PS and 119Nm, while the 1.5-litre TDCi diesel produces 100PS and 215Nm of torque. Features remain unchanged and the Figo gets six airbags, touchscreen infotainment with navigation, rain-sensing wipers, and automatic headlamps on the top-spec variant which costs Rs 7.85 lakh (ex-showroom).
Previously, the company axed the Figo hatchback’s automatic variant in India. A leaked document reveals that bookings have been halted for the AT variant. Also, the Deep Impact Blue and Absolute Black shade won’t be available in the MY2020 model. The Figo AT will be dropped from the official website on January 15.
Specifications Summary of Ford Figo
|Engine :||1499 cc|
|Mileage :||18 Kmpl to 24 Kmpl|
|Fuel Type :||petrol / diesel|
|Seating Capacity :||5|
Ford Figo Price
Ford Figo prices start at Rs. 5.39 lakh for petrol and goes upto Rs. 6.95 lakh. The prices of Figo diesel variants start at Rs. 6.86 lakh and the top-end diesel is priced at Rs. 7.85 lakh.
- Petrol (4 Variants)
- Diesel (3 Variants)
Ford Figo Variants Price List
Editor's View of Ford Figo
Powerful diesel engine, sporty driving position, comfortable ride, safety features
Misses out features like LED DRLs, LED tail-lamps, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, limited rear headroom, petrol-auto powertrain in mid variant only
The Figo misses out on bling and feels sober and less upmarket than its rivals. The petrol powertrain makes the Figo a competitive force now in its segment and more features at a lower price add value.
Top Competitors of Figo
Rs. 5.89 lakhCompare with Figo
Rs. 5.19 lakhCompare with Figo
Rs. 4.60 lakhCompare with Figo
Hyundai Elite i20
Rs. 5.60 lakhCompare with Figo
Rs. 5.99 lakhCompare with Figo
Rs. 5.84 lakhCompare with Figo
Rs. 5.64 lakhCompare with Figo
Hyundai Grand i10
Rs. 6.05 lakhCompare with Figo
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Figo
- Both the cars are very nice to drive but specially Figo is the best one because it has got more power in both petrol and diesel engine and diesel is frugal to drive and more mileage. Whereas Grand i10 scores on plastic quality, premium interiors, better comfort specially rear, better petrol engine to drive. But figo petrol automatic is the best one here because it has got 112PS Power and manual gearbox is also good in drive. Figo scores 4 stars in crash test rating and grand i10 scores 2.5 stars in NCAP crash test rating. Figo scores on better safety features and better sound quality than Hyundai. Overall I suggest that go for the Figo Diesel Or petrol automatic
- Figo is the best one because figo scores on build quality, better touchscreen infotainment, excellent sound quality, frugal diesel engine, petrol automatic and manual is best, more power, safety features, 4 stars crash test rating, better to drive, petrol automatic got 112PS power
- Both cars are good, but hyundai has some added advantage over ford's figo. the petrol engine in Grand i10 is very refined and very smooth. safety features are loaded in this car. you will surely experience the best after sales service in this car compared to ford.
- If you are better features list car than go for i20 and if you better driving dynamics especially in diesel than go for the figo. i20 interiors looking more premium than figo and cabin quality, plastic quality is superb than figo with better comfort at the rear. i20 scores on wireless charging point, rear AC Vent which figo does not get and gets better boot space. Diesel motor is punchier on the highway. Figo scores on better safety features such as traction control, hill assist, brake assist on the top of the variant and only in AT. I suggest that take test drive of both cars so that you evaluate both the cars in terms of safety, driving dynamics, better comfort, build quality, ride quality, features and performance. Because both cars are good in diesel engine and take test drive of both diesel cars.
- If you are looking for a car with frugal responses, low maintenance, amazing features, and a great drive quality to counter the city traffic with ease you may go for the Ford Figo. The Hyundai Elite i20 has its own flaws, the i20 is famous for its comfort is a premium hatchback, with a smooth drive quality and fast dynamics. Moreover, we would suggest you take a test drive of both the cars so that you may evaluate both the cars according to the build quality, comfort, and performance.Click here for the dealership: https://www.zigwheels.com/dealers
- Using Figo for past 10yrs. Demands single service per year costing close to 3-3.5K. self driven, still getting 17+kmpl in city. Wonderful machine
- Ford Figo gets a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine from the Freestyle that makes 96PS of maximum power and 120Nm of peak torque mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The engine delivers a claimed mileage of 20.4kmpl. Moreover, mileage of any vehicle always depends on the riding condition, timely service management, tire pressure management etc. If you follow all these so you will get very good mileage with your vehicle. Read more: - 2019 Ford Figo Facelift: First Drive Review
- Ford Figo Diesel Mileage =22-23Ford Figo Petrol Mileage =17-18
- City 14-15 n highway 18-19
- For a perfect car choice, a comparison is to be done on the basis of price, size, space, mileage, performance, features, and other specs. In terms of the mentioned factors, the Ford Figo comes out to have better performance and build quality. The Figo also is well-featured also. In terms of fuel efficiency, the Wagon R leads among the three. For a detailed comparison, follow the below link - Compare. Moreover, you may have a test drive of the cars for a better idea of comfort and drive quality by visiting the nearest dealer in your city. You can click on the following link to see the details of the nearest dealership and selecting your city accordingly - Dealers.
- Ford Figo is the safest and the most fun to drive. Wagon R is the most unsafest and Ignis sold in India is also not safe
- 2020 Ford Figo BS6 is not yet launched.
- Ford Figo will be available in BS6 probably by end of February.
Ford Figo Images
Ford Figo User Reviews
+ 3 more
Features & Styling4.0/5
Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute
38% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Model 2013; Figo Titanium 1.4 litre DuraTorq Diesel. Clocked 75K kms till date.Car is pretty robustly built and is reasonably engaging to drive. And there ends the good things about the car.After-sales services are the worst with Ford. Spare parts are extremely expensive and service centers have damaged my car multiple times when given for periodic maintenance !! E.g., once they broke the rear left side ABS sensor. Another time they broke the plastic cowl beside front bonnet. Another time, they broke the hood latch handle (plastic). Yet another time, they screwed up the ECU (after some update) that, while driving back from service center, the car went into limp mode. Another time they screwed up the wheel alignment (after suspension replacement). Once they misplaced the carpet and till date never bothered to give me a replacement or pay me money! Once they painted the front left fender and it had a massive over spray!Once I was overcharged by 1800 Rupees and settled that during another visit to same service center 2yrs later!!Mind you, all of these were from different Ford service centers across South India. Not a single one gave me a 10/10 service in the first attempt.
I bought the Ford Figo 3 years back and it still seems to be as good as new. Maintenance costs are reasonable and to say the actual quality of the car itself is very strong and sturdy so need not worry about the safety.For the mileage part, I receive almost around 23 kmpl on highways and around 18.5 kmpl on mixed day to day commutes.The styling is something I am in love with but wish I could have some projector headlamps and DRLs to go with it.A bit sad about the lack of accessories available from the company and 3rd party vendors. Doesn't seem much popular among them.
Everything Thing is fantastic about this car except interior. I bought this car for three reasons - 1. Safety - Bonnet is strong, You will feel that you are driving a strong car. best in class.2. Mileage - On 4lane Highway I get 24-25 kmpl & on 2lane highway I get 20-22kmpl and in city I get 16-18kmpl3. Pickup - 100bhp power really makes a difference.
After sales service needs improvement. Parts replaced do not have serial number. Traceability limited to batch production number. Customer can not find out whether service replaced parts are not. Door lock problem could not be solved by service center and the manufacturer is ZERO.
it's not a good car frankly, I have suspension issues, I don't know how the gear has become rough now, mileage is around 12.4(petrol) which is very less compared to swift,baleno, polo, grand i10.power is quite fine, sometime torque issues are there. Driving is just fine.
lack of space in rear seats and less of comfort
good car in low budget.and good road safety with airbags
very good its my personal car new condition sifting out of delhi
Great Car. The buld quality is excellent. Highway mileage touches 22kmpl with AC on.
superb car with low maintenance & driving pleasure is awesome
Ford Figo Expert Reviews
Has Ford updated the Figo enough to make it a compelling buy over its rivals?Mar 17, 2019
Ford Figo Colours
Deep Impact Blue
Ford Figo Highlights
The Ford Figo has always been the sporty choice in its segment. And this time around, Ford has dialled up the performance by introducing two new and more powerful petrol engines along with a new manual gearbox in the lineup. The new 1.2-litre petrol has been borrowed from the Aspire, whereas the 1.5-litre petrol motor is the same unit which powers the EcoSport. The latter comes with a 6-speed torque converter while the smaller petrol motor comes mated to the new Getrac-sourced 5-speed manual. The 1.5-litre diesel engine though has been retained, but now, it also comes with the new 5-speed manual transmission. Ford has replaced the older S variant with a new flagship Titanium Blu variant which gets bigger 15-inch alloy wheels, blacked out elements and stiffer suspension setup.
The 2019 Ford Figo facelift is available with three engine options - a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel, a new 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder and a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder petrol. The latter two are new additions to the lineup and have been borrowed from the Aspire and the EcoSport, respectively. Ford has also thrown in a new Getrac-sourced 5-speed manual and a 6-speed torque convertor into the mix. The 1.2-litre petrol engine makes 96PS of power and 120Nm of torque, mated to the new 5-speed manual gearbox. The bigger 1.5-litre petrol motor is good for 123PS and 150Nm and is only available in the Titanium variant with a 6-speed torque converter. The 1.5-litre diesel has been retained, but is now mated to a new 5-speed manual transmission. It makes 100PS of power and 215Nm of torque. Claimed fuel economy stands at 25.5kmpl for the diesel, 20.4kmpl for the smaller petrol and 16.3kmpl for the more powerful petrol.
The 2019 Ford Figo Facelift is available in three variants and three engine options. The base Ambiente variant can be had with the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine. All three engine options are only available in the mid-spec Titanium variant. Like the Ambiente, the flagship Titanium Blu variant is also available with the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine only. And though it is the sportiest of the three, it can’t be had with the sporty engine choice, which is a bit disheartening.
Figo Exterior and Interior
From the outside, changes on the 2019 Figo facelift are purely cosmetic. It now gets a blacked-out mesh grille in the flagship Titanium Blu variant. The Blu also gets blacked-out 15-inch alloy wheels, contrast roof, black decals on the side and rear, and blacked-out ORVM covers as well. The mid-spec Titanium variant, however, gets a chrome mesh grille and 14-inch silver alloy wheels. The base Ambiente variant has to make do with 14-inch steel wheels only.
The Ford Figo facelift retains the basic layout of the older dashboard, but gets new elements like the floating touchscreen and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Other elements like the instrument cluster and the centre console remain the same. The 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system comes with four speakers, but this unit isn't the same as the Aspire and misses out on Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. On the upside though, the car now gets automatic headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and push-button start/stop.
Ford Figo Competitors
The Swift’s value for money quotient, high efficiency and its fun to drive nature has made it immensely popular in the country. It has been topping the sales charts in its segment for years now and is a permanent member in the list of top 10 cars, in terms of sales in the country. But, we strongly wish the Swift offered better safety.
The Mahindra KUV100 is the only SUV-like hatchback in this segment. Its muscular design, fuel-efficient diesel engine and unique seating arrangement make it a compelling buy, while things like engine noise and excessive body roll make it less desirable.
Hyundai Grand i10 :
Hyundai’s Swift rival offers a premium interior feel, efficient yet peppy diesel engine and a long list of features. And all of this without burning a hole in your pocket. Also, a new model is just around the corner.
The new petrol engine puts the Figo back in contention and there are no major downsides now apart from the fact that the Figo doesn’t feel modern and upmarket despite the updates.
Ford Figo Mileage
Ford Figo Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 16,750|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 20,279|
Ford Figo News Updates
EXCLUSIVE: Ford Figo, Aspire Automatic Variants Discontinued In India
Ford could introduce the automatic gearbox in the BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol variants in the futureJan 13, 2020 | By Team ZigWheels
Ford Figo Prices Updated, Top Variants Become More Affordable
The prices for the top variants of the Ford Figo have been reduced, whereas the entry-level variants have witnessed a hikeApr 22, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Ford Figo: What’s New In The Facelift? Old vs New
It looks new-ish, it gets new features and all-new engines too. Let’s take a closer look at what’s new in the 2019 Ford FigoMar 25, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
Top 5 Car News Of The Week; Ford Figo Launched And Reviewed, Tata Altroz Expectations And More
The big news of the week, of course, was the launch of the Ford Figo facelift, but that was not all. Here's a quick look at all the developmentMar 17, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2019 Ford Figo Facelift Vs Competition: Specifications Comparison
Can the Ford Figo break through the glass ceiling in its highly competitive segment? Let’s take a comparative look at the specifications and features it has against the two popular competitors and find outMar 15, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels
2019 Ford Figo Facelift Launched At Rs 5.15 Lakh
The Figo facelift has been launched with updates like the Aspire, two new petrol engines and a brand new variantMar 15, 2019 | By Team ZigWheels