Honda City User Reviews

4.4/5

Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute

Sushil Parjapati
Sushil Parja.. 1.3 19 Dec 2019

Aug2, 2019I had purchased a Honda city/Grace in India Nov 2018. Now the car has been completed 17500 KMS.It’s happened last night while driving. I was on red light after a trip of approx. 100 kms in the same date. I stopped the engine on red light for save the fuel. The red light changed into green and I pushed the start button with clutch, however the car wasn’t start. The battery was giving the power and the motor was rotating but the engine wasn’t start. I tried it several time, but the engine didn’t start.The cops were come to me and help me to bring the car on a service lane. Then I called to service center of Honda locally. He replied, now the time is 7:30 PM (IST - India) and the service center has been closed, however you can bring your car at service center and will help you in morning, I said its ok. I asked again him, what should I do in this situation? He said please call a local mechanic, he may check the normal faults. There may be some fusing or some other small problem. During searching of local mechanic, I tried to lock the car by automatic key, but the sensors weren’t working.Then I call a local mechanic, he check it. He told, the fuel motor isn’t injecting the fuel into the engine. He requested me please put some fuel, may be the fuel tank is showing the fuel, and didn’t have.I put the fuel of Rs 500/- in Indian rupees approx. 6-7 letter petrol. But the problem was the same. Then he told there is major problem, please call to service center or I can also fix it but I take it to my service center. I refused it and give him his service fee.Then I was waiting the Crane, It will tow the car to Honda service center.After an hour, While waiting I pressed the key lock button, but the car wasn’t locking. However I was still trying the Key and pressing the button, after 5-6 try suddenly the sensors start working, I thought may be the car start. Then I sit on driving seat and press the button with clutch. The Car started, then I drove it and brought to home.it was too shameful for me, i had invested that much amount and a new car stopped on road.The problem was in fuel inject motor. this is a associated problem in all honda city car (new or old) and also in AMAZE too (confirmed by service dealer)

Sushil Parjapati
Sushil Parja.. 1.3 19 Dec 2019

Ashik GN
Ashik GN 5.0 8 Nov 2019

I have chose Honda VX Cvt after reviewing, testing almost all the cars available in the sub 20 lakhs. Cost of ownership - LOW comparing other cars which will make you 1.5 mill poor.Mileage - Receiving mileage of apprx. 15 kmpl on highways, 10 on city conditions (AC ON - Always)Comfort - Most comfortable sedan in the class or May be a class higher.performance - Yes, there is rubber band effect which is common for CVT but you can overcome it by using the paddle shift in Sports mode. The paddle shift will work on the normal drive mode for quick overtakes, I prefer downshifting on paddle shifts for tight situations/ either for engine breaking or Quick overtakes.ECO Mode - Will reduce the performance of the vehicle so I only use it while on highway cruises with Cruise control.Over all Experience - Excellent.

Gopendra M
Gopendra M 4.0 9 Oct 2019

honda city need no review as it is so good. Being Honda car, its maintenance is little costly however it has really good engine and comfort. good interiors with good music system. car has required power and stability on road. in short, except maintenance, there is nothing to complain about. Be wary of the authorized service centre as they cheat and advice many more things which may not be required. read your manual about service requirements. the service cycle is 3 months or 5000 kms and you can get it serviced in 6 months if conditions suit you. however take care and go by manual of the car. go for minor service in 3 months and bigger service in six months. so you will be able to save some amount.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute | Family Car | Tours
Arun P
Arun P 1.0 30 Jun 2019

dear sir, issue reported on 23-06-2019 10.50 am ,i talked with service manger he is not willing to send an on road service vehicle & register with road side assistant vehicle . The on road assistance vehicle took the car @ 3.45 pm ( after waiting for for 6 hours ) .after delivery the vehicle by vision honda no one is there ... i waited in front of vision honda for a 4 hours.they are not willing to take service , after contacting honda customer care a number of times service engineer took for service @ 10.30 pm i received the vehicle after service now i want to inspect my vehicle whether it is flood effected one or used for test drive . dear honda car ltd i am going to consumer court for your on road service issue and your vehicle quality Complaints 1.dash board issue 3 times corrected but still same issue. 2. Gear box issue 23 jun 2019. After running only 4230 km....Waited 6 hours on road side..No response.today is 30 jun 2019 Brake issue and gear shifting issue need a valuable response against this case must change my vehicle and give me loss compensation. Experience is don't buy Honda car I am going for consumer court against Honda and dealership

Gagan Jit
Gagan Jit 2.0 7 Nov 2019

There was car malfunction and the car had to be sent to workshop in the first year of purchase on 02.11.2019. I have been told that rodent had cut wires and the same was not covered under warranty. If a rodent can enter the car engine and disable the car, it is a case of serious defective design and therefore very unsafe vehicle to drive. I have driven vehicles of various brands in Chandigarh in last forty years and this kind of problem has never occurred with cars of other brands. Its gear shifting is also not smooth at all.

Uses this car for : Occasional Commute
Gagan Jit
Gagan Jit 2.0 7 Nov 2019

The car malfunctioned in very first year of purchase and had to be sent to the workshop on 02.11.2019. I have been informed that rodent entered the engine and cut some wires and that was not covered under warranty. If that is true then there is serious design defect and the vehicle is unsafe to drive. I have driven vehicles of various brands in Chandigarh during the last forty years and this kind of problem has never occurred. Even gear shifting is also quite hard in this car.

Sid Raj
Sid Raj 4.3 15 Dec 2019

it's quite bad in maintenance and It has downside of rubber effect but it's nice in comfort and premium ness when you compare to other cars in this segment... it will provide you 10-11 kmpl mileage in city and 13-15kmpl on highway which is quite good when you compare to it's rival verna

Manoj Alimchandani
Manoj Alimch.. 4.0 20 Sep 2019

Till sometime it was giving good milage but the dealer in Gandhidham shutdown and for a year we had to get service from outside with duplicate spares now the new agency has not got good technical people so my city average has gone down to 14 kms a liter.Sent my car 3 times but only story.

Gaurank Arora
Gaurank Arora 4.3 6 Jan 2020

Pros:Great Comfort while driving as well as on the back seat as wellSmooth Engine (no heat ups and lags)Good pickup and accelerationGreat handlingGood mileage on highways (18+)Cons:Poor mileage while City Driving (10-11 KMPL)Poor Suspension compared to other rival cars (Corolla, Verna)

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car | Tours