Honda CB Hornet 160R Reviews

• All (245)
  • Daily Commute (213)
  • Tours (48)
  • Leisure Rides (43)
  • Occasional Commute (33)
Anand Mohan
Anand Mohan 3.8 3 Feb 2019

CBS the worst braking systemI bought Honda Hornet 160 R since I have used Hero Honda CD 100 and Honda Activa and was very happy with the performance. When I went to book the bike showroom people told to go with CBS braking system for an additional 9K. So I spent a total of 1 Lakh for the bike. Initially everything was going fine I was so happy with the performance and mileage (around 50 km/ L). But then I met with an accident bike skid after on loose soil on the road, after the accident also brakes were fine. I gave my bike for service claiming insurance. It took around 1 month time for service, but after the service the braking efficiency deteriorated and when I complained with service centre they told brake cannot be tightened. I took by mike to another Honda service centre and local mechanics, everyone told the same. My 18 year old CD 100 is having a better breaking than Hornet with CBS. I even changed the disc pads but result is same. Dear Honda if a motorcycle break cannot be fixed then on what basis are you selling this to a customer, such a pathetic experience. Is CBS a test product or proven technology?. Very disappointed with Honda. Friends please don’t go for CBS model.Other problems are gear getting stuck on neutral while riding, petrol tank bolts are rusting.

4.6 12 Nov 2019

Very sexy looking bike with fat rear tyre , i will used for long rides and its comfortable only for 250 km , after than your bump will suffer like hell , its engine is very durable not problem at all till 1 and half year,its 160 cc bike but i fell lack of speed in gear 1&2, headlight is very poor not suitable for night , other wise its very good bike with good petel disk breaking system, and vast service area in india so go gor it my first paid service cost was only 740 thats too good

Gets mileage of : 43 kmpl kmpl
Yahiya Shaikh
Yahiya Shaikh 1.0 8 Oct 2019

Purchasing Honda bikes is just like wasting of money if you ample of money to waste so you can go for Honda. I have raised my complaint regarding my bike rear disc brake of Honda Hornet 160R its been almost more than 3 to 4 months yet they have not provided me proper resolution.HONDA HIGHER AUTHORITY IS NOT EVEN LEAST BOTHER TO RESOLVE CUSTOMER ISSUES THEY JUST PLAY PAASING THE PASS GAME. DEALING WITH HONDA IS LIKE A NIGHMARE.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute
Yahiya Shaikh
Yahiya Shaikh 1.0 8 Oct 2019

SPIRIT TO
SPIRIT TO 3.0 1 Nov 2019

bike chain is a problem, srvice centre pople just try to fool each time after servicing saying some part is damaged if given complain, on my 3rd servicing said gear box damage, without any reason. I denied for change still no problem, On 4th service they told your chain socket is damaged i again denied saying where it had mentioned within this period spare parts will be damage. still using same bike no problem.

Tanay Mitra
Tanay Mitra 5.0 25 Sep 2019

It has been just 5 months since I bought the vehicle. As of now, it has not given any trouble. The engine is very powerful, revs well and lets me feel like sitting on a 250cc motorcycle. Besides, the fat rear tyre gives nice stability and confidence while maneuvering through narrow roads with lots of traffic. In the end, the style of the bike is second to none. I"ve no regret having bought the beast!

Nitesh Prajapati
Nitesh Praja.. 2.6 22 Aug 2019

Do not buy this bike...I bought this in Jan 2017 ...my bike has run just 36k and now it has problem of engine ...time chain and piston work...I am maintaining my bike very well. My each service is on time and in showroom only..truly disappointed...worst engine quality. Disappointed from honda services

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute
Techie India
Techie India 3.8 10 Oct 2019

bike is great for what we keep the price great midrange and lacks top range good seating posture which is nor too aggressive or too upright but the cushion of seat is too hard we cant sit in that seat more than 100km great mileage im getting 50kmpl on high ways great engine and standerd of bulit is awesome if you are thinking to buy a bike around 1.2 lakhs go for it

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Sahdev Singh
Sahdev Singh 4.2 13 Oct 2018

bikes sitting posture and seat is not good for long ride on highway and it is not comfortable for ladies who sits behind the rider. suddenly on highway back pain starts due to short size of the seat. talking about the bike performance-Pick up is good. On highway bike gives 56 kmpl average. in city ride hornet gives 48 to 52 kmpl as the biker rides the bike. over all hornet is a good package . some more space and attention has to be given where ladies take the legs. more leg space had to be given for the ladies so that they can easily sit with their sandals and shoes.

AK MAHAPATRA
AK MAHAPATRA 4.2 3 Jun 2019

I have 2016 model orange color bike.. Merits: Its a very nice bike in 162cc.. Very nice breaking system,looks, comfortable and there is no heating issues after i ride 512kms with my wife in one day. Demerits:After 1/2 months , you have to tight your gear box otherwise you have to forcefully change gear while shifting 1st to 2nd or vice versa. In highway, if you are riding more than 100 speed continuously.. mileage will be very less.. Like 35/km and normally 40/km.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours