Honda CB Hornet 160R User Reviews

1093 reviews & ratings

Preferred For : Daily Commute

Anand Mohan
Anand Mohan 3.8 3 Feb 2019

CBS the worst braking systemI bought Honda Hornet 160 R since I have used Hero Honda CD 100 and Honda Activa and was very happy with the performance. When I went to book the bike showroom people told to go with CBS braking system for an additional 9K. So I spent a total of 1 Lakh for the bike. Initially everything was going fine I was so happy with the performance and mileage (around 50 km/ L). But then I met with an accident bike skid after on loose soil on the road, after the accident also brakes were fine. I gave my bike for service claiming insurance. It took around 1 month time for service, but after the service the braking efficiency deteriorated and when I complained with service centre they told brake cannot be tightened. I took by mike to another Honda service centre and local mechanics, everyone told the same. My 18 year old CD 100 is having a better breaking than Hornet with CBS. I even changed the disc pads but result is same. Dear Honda if a motorcycle break cannot be fixed then on what basis are you selling this to a customer, such a pathetic experience. Is CBS a test product or proven technology?. Very disappointed with Honda. Friends please don’t go for CBS model.Other problems are gear getting stuck on neutral while riding, petrol tank bolts are rusting.

KUMAR JYOTIRADITYA
KUMAR JYOTIR.. 5.0 29 Dec 2019

Bike is really outstanding and stands out in term of styling. The upgraded 2019 version is lot more cooler with LED DRL's And headlamp console. The sitting position and cushioning is very comfortable for long rides and you won't experience any kind of back problem. The only thing which it lags is gear shift indicator. Still it is one of the best performing bike in this segment and would recommend everyone to atleast give it a test ride. And I am saying this because I own FZ v3.0 and Gixxer 2019 model also.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Jimmy George
Jimmy George 5.0 29 Dec 2019

I bought the ABS DLX version in April 2019.The bike is an awesome performer, I have also used it for long rides of 250+ Km's/day along with a pillion and it was equally comfortable for both of us.The ABS works perfectly well for sudden brakings and the bike is very stable at high speeds as well. The seating and posture is very comfortable and does not takes a toll on you even on rough and long roads. The power is enough to keep you ahead on the Highways.Overall its a beautiful package from Honda.

Uses this bike for : Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
4.6 12 Nov 2019

Very sexy looking bike with fat rear tyre , i will used for long rides and its comfortable only for 250 km , after than your bump will suffer like hell , its engine is very durable not problem at all till 1 and half year,its 160 cc bike but i fell lack of speed in gear 1&2, headlight is very poor not suitable for night , other wise its very good bike with good petel disk breaking system, and vast service area in india so go gor it my first paid service cost was only 740 thats too good

Yahiya Shaikh
Yahiya Shaikh 1.0 8 Oct 2019

Purchasing Honda bikes is just like wasting of money if you ample of money to waste so you can go for Honda. I have raised my complaint regarding my bike rear disc brake of Honda Hornet 160R its been almost more than 3 to 4 months yet they have not provided me proper resolution.HONDA HIGHER AUTHORITY IS NOT EVEN LEAST BOTHER TO RESOLVE CUSTOMER ISSUES THEY JUST PLAY PAASING THE PASS GAME. DEALING WITH HONDA IS LIKE A NIGHMARE.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute
Yahiya Shaikh
Yahiya Shaikh 1.0 8 Oct 2019

SPIRIT TO
SPIRIT TO 3.0 1 Nov 2019

bike chain is a problem, srvice centre pople just try to fool each time after servicing saying some part is damaged if given complain, on my 3rd servicing said gear box damage, without any reason. I denied for change still no problem, On 4th service they told your chain socket is damaged i again denied saying where it had mentioned within this period spare parts will be damage. still using same bike no problem.

Tanay Mitra
Tanay Mitra 5.0 25 Sep 2019

It has been just 5 months since I bought the vehicle. As of now, it has not given any trouble. The engine is very powerful, revs well and lets me feel like sitting on a 250cc motorcycle. Besides, the fat rear tyre gives nice stability and confidence while maneuvering through narrow roads with lots of traffic. In the end, the style of the bike is second to none. I"ve no regret having bought the beast!

Nitesh Prajapati
Nitesh Praja.. 2.6 22 Aug 2019

Do not buy this bike...I bought this in Jan 2017 ...my bike has run just 36k and now it has problem of engine ...time chain and piston work...I am maintaining my bike very well. My each service is on time and in showroom only..truly disappointed...worst engine quality. Disappointed from honda services

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute
Techie India
Techie India 3.8 10 Oct 2019

bike is great for what we keep the price great midrange and lacks top range good seating posture which is nor too aggressive or too upright but the cushion of seat is too hard we cant sit in that seat more than 100km great mileage im getting 50kmpl on high ways great engine and standerd of bulit is awesome if you are thinking to buy a bike around 1.2 lakhs go for it

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute