Maruti Wagon R User Reviews

3.5/5

Preferred For : Family

Prashant Joshi
Prashant Joshi 3.7 27 Jan 2020

Well, my dad was riding a 10 year old i20, we just wanted to upgrade to a new small car , since he is 65 years old and need a small and automatic car. I did various researches and shortlisted Santro Magna & Wagon R VXI 1.2 Optional. I was shocked to know that Santro has dual Airbags in only Asta model (Does safety feature has any thing to do with models ?) Anyways, finalised Wagon R VXI Automatic (O) since this model is having dual front Airbags but ultimately purchased ZXI AMT.Drive was very good, engine was refined but i had slight issues with the Dealer, who gave me August 2019 Car on 23rd January and even i asked him about model, he said, for 2020 manufactured cars you have to wait for couple of months but when dealer is giving a 6 months old car, then atleast some discount should have been provided. Glad that vehicle is BS6 (As said by Dealer, but I don't trust them) There were some scratches / minor dent in front bumper, which i checked and told to Dealer (He replaced with another new car, Sad that same will be sold to someone else).I was dissapointed by the fact, if someone is buying a new car, then Dealers can make you fool.This is not my first car, prior to this our family already ownedToyota Qualis 2000Toyota Qualis 2003Toyota Qualis 2004Toyota Innova 2006Maruti Wagon R LXI 2007Hyundai I20 Asta 2009Hyundai i20 Asta 2013Hyundai I20 Sports 2013Maruti Wagon R ZXI AMT 2020

Avinash Aravamudhan
Avinash Arav.. 4.0 2 Apr 2020

I have bought my wagon R vxi model on September 2015 and I have driven about 53000kms so far including a single day journey of 1100 kms from Kolhapur in Maharashtra to Chennai via Karnataka. Overall performance of the car is satisfactory. It is extremely comfortable and spacious and can easily accommodate 5 persons. Overall mileage is average . I am getting about 13 km/l in city and about 16-17 km/l on Highway. maintenance cost is satisfactory and if you put company synthetic Engine Oil it goes about 6500/- to 9500/- in one time service visit after 10000 kms.Positive 1. Commendable road visibility and big spacious interiors.2. Lot of room to put bottle holders and other items in the car.3. Hassle free city and highway driving4. Easy on maintainance5. Easy ingress for taller and women due to door opening at 90 Degree angle.6. Decent fuel tank capacity of 34 litresNegative :1. Poor plastic components in interior which start rattling after 15000 kms2. Mileage is less for a 998 cc car3. No bluetooth connectivity, multi functional steering wheel or touchscreen infotainment system at the time of purchase.4. Poor stock tyres that give away in 33000 kms.5. Poor cabin insulation for road noises.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute | Family Car
Prasanth Balakrishnapillai
Prasanth Bal.. 4.3 8 Apr 2020

2005 model Lxi now re registered hardly run for 40K kms. no major repairs, air conditioner cooling coil replaced. regularly changing oil, oil filter etc. The car is fuel efficient giving around 18 to 20 in high ways, 14-15 in city. I am not a spirited driver. But occassionally for a short sprint the car is good. But not good in twists & corners. Mainly used as a family car. Originally came with power steering, ac & all door electric lock (not central lock I think). I affixed reverse camera, display & sony stereo & 4 speakers. The car still drives smoothly even after 15 years. I love the practicality though not thought about it the time of buying.

Vaibhav Bisht
Vaibhav Bisht 1.7 12 Jul 2019

The car do look like a box ,there is nothing glamorous about the car even the new version are becoming uglier generation by generation .Do not give comfort of even sitting for someone of height 6 ft .The boot space is so less (yeah! Yous hould be like what do you want for that price) but yes the dashboard parts continously hit your knees ,not comfortable at all still I am not talking about the rear seats they are even worse ,engine sometimes gets dead during the shifting of gears (Not only me I have seen every driver struggling on that).There is no safety measures in the car( My uncle once met with accident in our car fortunately he was thrown away from the car when the car fall into a ditch ,if he was not he surely had died ,the car was turned into a heap of metal junk ,there ia not even body skeleton it was like when a kabadiwala come to your house for garbage and he crush everything to be fitted in his bag ,the car was no less than it..Hope they pay attention to safety features and add some air bags and body skeleton to the car .Yes suzuki car are meant for mileage ( we have seen ad on like "kitna deti hai" ) but seriously not only mileage counts plus don"t make it like a box .

Smk Nair
Smk Nair 4.3 1 Oct 2019

I bought this car on end of the april2019. for my holidays spending i driven 3000 km in a month. Car was quite good. And looking , spacious. I mostly drive rural and hill sides of kerala. My version was 1.0 l vxi. For a middle calss family this is affordable. And old age parents get in and get down very easily. On hiways i got 19.7 kmpl on traffic time. Up to 3000 km running (included 4000 ft) hill station ride i got average on 18.5 kmpl with ac. Only one thing i dont like well the engine noise will hear inside the cabin and rest of all i am happy with wagon r 2019. Sreemanikandan v.kKerala

Tanya Solution
Tanya Solution 3.0 7 Jan 2020

Nice Car. RX Marine was established in 1996 in Mumbai, India; as chemical manufacturing company catering exclusively to the needs of the marine industry. In a short span of 12 years the company has established itself as one of the leading wholesale suppliers of a wide range of chemicals for - Marine industry internationally - andother local industires and plants. Our client list bears testimony to this. The RXSOL policy has its foundations on two pillars of strength - a continuous investment in research and development to deliver premium quality products and a commitment to ser******ice.http://rxmarine.com/Natural-Blue-Biodegradable-Cleaner-Degreaser

Lokdatt Abvp
Lokdatt Abvp 4.3 19 Nov 2019

वैगन आर एक बहुत ही आरामदायक और मेंटीनेंस में बहुत ही अच्छी कार है ,इसके रख राखव में बहुत ही कम खर्च आता है ,इसको किसी भी प्रकार से प्रतिदिन उपयोग में लाया जा सकता है ।और सुरक्षा के मामले में बहुत ही अच्छी है।

Uses this car for : Daily Commute
Harikrishnan D
Harikrishnan D 2.3 24 Jan 2020

It was a good choice for me as an upgrade from my Maruti 800. My family of 3, enjoyed the car for the initial 3 to 4 years. But later, my daughter grew up, and when we wanted to take our parents with us, wagon r couldn't provide for it. Although it could not give you a feeling of power, it serves the purpose of commuting you from home to office. But not good for a highway cruise. Gave me mileages like 22 km in highway trips though. Another negative point is the lack of enough luggage space.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Occasional Commute | Family Car
Shravana Muhuri
Shravana Muhuri 5.0 24 Nov 2019

We bought it second hand in the year 2006 from a dealer who didn't tell us who the previous owner was? We don't know about the pollution compliance of the vehicle. It took us more than 6 months to get it registered in our name. Now during renewal of car insurance this year , the pollution compliance was asked which can be told only by the original dealer or owner.My query is how to get the name of original owner of the car? And the pollution compliance of the car.

Rajibkumar Sanyal
Rajibkumar S.. 4.7 1 Sep 2019

its really wonderful while driving in the busy roads, 1200 cc peppy engine produces enough power, and the new still frame platform gives more power to protect the passenger alongside air bags as safely measure, and moreover at a price of 6.5 lac on road you will get all the features, viz. car play, touch screen, steering mounted music system control with a giant size boot size in its class, what more would you like to have out of spending such amount in these days!

Uses this car for : Daily Commute