Honda Brio 2020 Latest Updates
Honda has unveiled the 2019 Brio at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in Jakarta. It is based on the Honda Small RS Concept which was unveiled earlier this year. The all-new hatchback looks quite different from the one currently sold in India and borrows design cues from the all-new Amaze.
The second-generation Brio carries forward the 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine from the outgoing model that produces 90PS of power and 110Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 7-step CVT. There is no diesel option available with the car as of now, but we expect it to be a part of the India lineup eventually.
There is an RS variant as well, but it’s powered by the same engine of the same tune. It does get a retuned suspension that promises to offer a sportier driving experience and a few cosmetic changes like a bigger spoiler and a more aggressive body kit.
We expect Honda to launch the hatchback in 2019, with prices falling between Rs 5 lakh -7 lakh.
Honda Brio 2020 Price
Honda Brio 2020 is going to launch in India with an estimated price of Rs. 5 Lakh
Top Competitors of Brio 2020
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Brio 2020
- Honda had discontinued Brio in 2019 and there is no official update from the brand for its relaunch in India.
- As of now, there is no official update from the brand's end. Stay tuned for further updates.
- Honda Brio has been discontinued by the brand.
- As of now, there is no official update from the Honda regarding the launch of 2nd gen Honda Brio. The car is expected to launch later this year. Stay tuned for further updates.
- The second-gen Honda Brio is certainly not coming to India this year as Honda Cars India clearly stated at the 2018 Auto Expo that it will launch three new models this financial year. Out of the three, the carmaker launched the second-gen Amaze in May and now the new Civic and CR-V have also been confirmed. If Honda plans to launch the new Brio in India, it would probably introduce it here sometime in 2019. We can't give any verdict for its maintenance coast and mileage as it hasn't been launched. The second-gen Honda Brio carries forward the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine from its predecessor. This motor can also be found under the India-spec Honda Jazz and Amaze. The 1.2-litre unit puts out 90PS and 110Nm and is coupled to a standard 5-speed manual. Instead of the 5-speed torque converter automatic, which is currently on offer in India, Honda has paired the new Brio with a 7-step CVT for the Indonesia-spec model. It remains to be seen whether Honda adds the 1.5-litre diesel engine to the Brio lineup when it is launched in India. However, we believe it’s unlikely to be offered on the hatchback. The SECOND-GEN BRIO(INDONESIA-SPEC) gets 258-litres.
- 2019 Honda Brio is expected to be a 5-seater vehicle. We'd request you to wait for the launch for more information. Stay tuned for further updates.
Honda Brio 2020 News Updates
The second-gen Brio, which was unveiled at the 2018 GIIAS, is likely to come to India next year. So we bring you a list of five things that you need to know about the new hatchbackAug 2, 2018