Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 is a cruiser bike launched at a base price of Rs. 1.57 lakh in May 2009 by Royal Enfield in India. Thunderbird 350 is powered by 346cc engine claiming mileage of 40kmpl. Thunderbird 350 has a single cylinder, 4 stroke, twinspark, air cooled engine and a 5 speed gear box. Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 comes with disc breaks in front and rear with a support of ABS. It is available in 3 colours.
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Latest Updates
Royal Enfield has decided to pass on the GST tax benefits to its customers. As part of the new GST tax structure, prices for the bike has reduced between Rs 2,000 to Rs 2,300 depending on the state of purchase.
The new Thunderbird comes with all the bells and whistles one could possibly ask from Royal Enfield. The shapely 20-litre fuel tank, the information-loaded twin pod cluster, the mini ape-hanger handlebar- not only look cool, but are also purposeful. Another useful feature is the hazard lamp function. The bike also comes with both front and rear discs as standard. When it comes to value for money and features, the Thunderbird is hard to beat.
Specifications Summary of Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350
|Engine :||346 cc|
|Emission Type :||bs4|
|Fuel Type :||petrol|
|Power :||20.07 PS @ 5250 rpm|
|Mileage :||40 Kmpl|
|Gears :||5 Speed|
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Price
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 price start at Rs. 1.57 lakh (Ex-Showroom). Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 is offered in only one variant - ABS.
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Variants Price List
Editor's View of Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350
Features, Laidback riding stance, Handling, Silent exhaust note
Weight makes the engine feel lethargic, No ABS, Suspension on the firmer side
The Thunderbird ticks all the boxes for a budget-conscious person looking to buy a cool-looking but practical highway cruiser. It’s all the Thunderbird 500 is, minus the bigger engine and fuel injection.
Top Competitors of Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Rs. 1.87 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Classic 350
Rs. 1.46 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X
Rs. 1.64 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Rs. 1.55 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220
Rs. 1.05 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500
Rs. 2.07 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Rs. 1.81 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Rs. 1.64 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Rs. 1.22 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Rs. 1.01 lakhCompare with Thunderbird 350
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Thunderbird 350
- Well points to consider. This bike is very heavy even if you are physically strong your height would be a problem, with stop start riding in traffic I think it would a struggle for you. The best advice I can give you is to go to dealers and sit on one when off stand and see if you think you can handle it.but remember The people at any Enfield showroom want to sell bikes and they MAY not give you honest advice.
- No. dude it doesn't suit you.. ofcourse anyone can drive anybike if they really want but problem how much comfortable they will be with it ? that's the question mark .my friend is 5'6 he doesn't feel comfortable in it especially it weighs 192 kg and power delivery is not that good so probably in traffic you will be why did you choose this bike.. so if you like cruiser kind of bike avenger is the perfect cruiser than re bikes .and its so light so it will be so opt for you..or you can even try um bikes.
- Riding position of Thunderbird 350 is very good and you enjoyed riding day by day. Thunderbird is superb in terms of balance and comfortable riding, I have Thunderbird 350 and interceptor 650 both but if anyone asked for better riding experience than my answer is Thunderbird only.I covered 550km in single day without tried and much excited while riding.Hight is not a issue as you mentioned but weight of this beast is may be 198kg.Overall prediction for Thunderbird 350 is a very good package.
- To be precise the mileage is somewhat between 40-45 kmpl , talking about comfort You can go for long rides and cruise around in the highway. No problem with the Performance wise. Its pretty good if you are looking for a cruiser. But yes, there is vibration at high rpm U know royal enfield has that thing in their bikes...
- I have completed 2200 kms in my Tiago diesel. Mileage is 25 kms plus. Eide quality and engine performance is very good and the mileage makes me very happy. Silent Diesel engine is a plus point. I have changed engine oil twice in 2000 kms.
- Guaranteed mileage on any surface road would be 30 even in the city but when you are riding on a flat and plain highway , it may depend on Upto 35 maximum, not more than , it’s from my experience since 2 yrs. enjoy riding.
- Yes it is If u have an issue with heavy motorcycles,it might be a problem (still u won't feel the weight once the bike gets moving). If not,the upright riding position with ample torque makes the motorcycle an ample tourer without taking a toll on you.
- From my personal experience.. 40km drive will be easy for TB as it is very comfortable bike to ride.. If u r not worried about fuel consumption.
- I commute for about 90kms every day for the last 5years in bangalore traffic conditions and i think it is the most comfortable bike to be on.
- If it's a city then go for yamaha fz, Suzuki Gixxer, Bajaj Avenger these will be suitable for city commuting.when it's between the highways, go for R.E Himalayan, desert storm
- Both Classic and Thunderbird are perfect for long long rides daily
- If your ride is in traffic go for Avenger,or go for tb 350
- मायलेज आपके गाडी चलाने के तरीके पर निर्भर करता है यदि आप सामान्य तरीके से गाडी चलाते है एक ईकॉनामी स्पीड पर तो आपके इन सभी बाईक से KMPL तक का मायलेज आराम से मिल जायेगा। मेरे पास हिमालयान स्लीट वेरियेन्ट है जिससे मुझे 30+ मायलेज मिलता है। यदि आप अपनी बाईक को मेन्टेन कर के नही रखते और ROUGH Driving करेंगे तो आपको कोई भी बाईक मायलेज नही देगी।
- Its depend on you that which type of ride you like. if you want royal feel 101% thunderbird (thunderbird 350 gives 40++ avrg/ltrs or 500 gives 20 to 23) and if u want adventures ride so himalayan is best. but i prefer if avrg is not a big matter so you should go for thunderbird 500.
- In terms of mileage the TB 350x is a better option!
- Yes it's still available.. May be BS6 model launching...
- Yes it's still avail, generally it may take 3 to 6 months
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Images
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 User Reviews
Features & Styling4.4/5
+ 2 more
Preferred For : Daily Commute & Tours
37% of users have given a rating of 4.5 and above
- Most Relevant
Daily commute- Comfortable,Easy to maneuver, good turning radius, All goodies are packed inside even for daily commuteTouring-Tank range is huge as it has 21litres fuel tank.Engine doesn"t heat up,can tour all day long widout any issues.Great provision for saddle just pull out a cable remove pillion seat and you are ready to go.Pillion seat comfort is kind of good.Only issue is the seat which bit hardPerformance-Well it"s a air cooled,long stroke,cruiser. Cruiser has a good midrange and this bike has it. Take a corner and it will surprise you until you are scraping footpegs all over. Vibration will start creeping at speeds over 90 kmph but if you opt for semi synthetic oil or synthetic man it makes a hell lot of difference.Maintenance-Easy on pocket,You have to replace speedometer bracket atleast once.Fuel gauge is just for decorative purpose never depend on it.Suggestions-Try Semi-synthetic, Synthetic oils, never push it for offroading
FloksI had been riding this bike since I purchased and it"s good for longer trip especially to the hills, I always enjoy going on this for longer trips and main advantage of this bike is its sitting posture which will reduce your back pain comparing other bikes.It"s extra large fuel tank will give you 650 to 700 kms continuous ride without refueling. Its weight of 190 kgs will give you firm grip even if you will exceed above 100 speed only thing is you have to modify your handle bar a little bit to reduce the vibration but I am ok with it I want to feel like I am riding on a wild bull and make sure your bike is maintained well every 3 months interval. Always know this every bike has pros & cons ,my suggestions to TB 350 Lovers please don"t get carried away by few negative feeds.It"s totally upon you how you will deal with this machine and see how it will respond.Every bike is made for their own purposes and TB-350 is Cruising Bike and definitely it"s not made for sporting.
bike is nice for a nostalgic value, performance wise its not up there, too heavy and breaking isn't great even with the disk breaks. acceleration and mileage both take a hit due to its weight. The bike is not comfortable at all for long trips with its sitting and leg positions. Its definitely not a cruiser. It gives bad back pains during long rides. Most frustrating with it is the engine noise. even after being so expensive , the engine noise makes it less appealing. And also less refined.
Very good bike looks great handles well. I am using it for more than 2yrs and i am getting a mileage of135km/l. It is a bit heavy at city but you will really enjoy on the higjways. Bt the only problem is that after1crossing 80 the bike vibrates a lot and it doest want to go after 110km/h. My top speed is 120km/h. If you want to cruise at 60 70 speeds thunderbird is definitely for you
I purchased my dream bike, "thunderbird 350" on September 2018.I have already crossed 8000 kmtrs in this past 4 months.My experience with the thunderbird 350 is quiet pleasant.The only issue is with the service.See, if anything is happening, you may have to go to the service center for morethan 4 times to get the issue sorted.The service is too bad.
Good but not the best Lots of vibration High in maintenanceParts are not available easily
nice bike 2012 low budget bike all type of bike buying and selling and finance also available
I have this bike from last 8 years n it's never disappointing me. I gave it full marks in satisfaction. I really like it.
Good bike for long rides 👍 though the maintenance is bit high but the performance n the average is good
Super sytle Better partner enfield Perfomence super
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Colours
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Highlights
RE's attempt at making a laid back cruiser. It works well, but could do with a better seat design.
Thunderbird 350 Specifications
The Royal Thunderbird is offered with two engine options - 350cc and 500cc. The Thunderbird 350 is the more popular offering and features the same engine as seen on the Royal Enfield Classic 350. The single-cylinder, air-cooled, twin-spark engine delivers 20PS at 5250rpm and 28Nm of torque at 4000rpm. The cruiser bike employs a single downtube frame and uses the engine as a stressed member. A 41mm telescopic front forks and gas-charged twin shocks at rear take care of damping duties. The Thunderbird was the first Royal Enfield to feature disc brakes on both ends. The bike tips the scale at 195kg and features a humongous 20-litre fuel tank, which means lesser fuel stops while touring.
Thunderbird 350 Design and Features
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 has a traditional cruiser styling and is among the most beautiful offering from Royal Enfield. The simple and flowing lines make it a visually pleasing motorcycle. Design highlights include a round headlamp, bulbous tank, a large saddle and spoked wheels. Also, unlike other cruiser offerings that get dollops of chrome for the bling element, the Thunderbird 350 goes for a more stealthy appearance with fewer chrome elements. The Thunderbird 350 features a projector headlamp, hazard lamps and an LED tail light. It gets a twin-pod instrument cluster with an analogue speedometer and tachometer, while there’s a small LCD display for fuel gauge, odometer, trip meter, service indicator and clock.
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Competitors
UM Renegade Commando: The UM Renegade Commando is the closest competitor to the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350. While it might not have the brand recognition that RE has, it does offer a refined and powerful engine. The large dimensions and modern cruiser styling is something that will grab a lot of eyeballs.
Bajaj Dominar: The Bajaj Dominar kick-starts the affordable power cruiser segment in the Indian market. Powered by the KTM 390 Duke sourced motor which has been tuned to suit the demands of cruiser bike, it offers the best performance for any bike in its segment. Being a Bajaj offering, it has been priced aggressively while being equipped with an all-LED headlight and optional dual channel ABS.
Hyosung Aquila 250 : Although it is not exactly a direct rival to the Thunderbird 350 given its pricing, the Aquila 250 does hold the distinction of being the most affordable cruiser bike with a V-twin engine on sale. It has the quintessential cruiser styling with lots of chrome, but the premium pricing of above Rs 2.5 lakh works against its favour.
Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise: Among the most popular cruiser bikes on sale in India, the Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise offers a fantastic value for money proposition. The Pulsar 220-sourced engine delivers a fine balance of power and frugality, but it doesn’t have the oomph or the presence that the Royal Enfield Thunderbird commands.
The Royal Thunderbird 350 is amongst the best cruisers that one can buy. It is easy to use for your regular city commute, while also being really good on the open highways while touring. Although refinement and quality levels could be better, the Thunderbird 350 remains one of the most popular Royal Enfield machines on sale today. Having said that, the Thunderbird 500 is worth the premium in our opinion given its better performance advantage.
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Mileage
|ARAI Claimed||40 kmpl|
|User Reported||35 kmpl|
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 News Updates
The base-spec Thunderbird will get a rear drum brake, single-channel ABS and a lower sticker priceSep 24, 2019