TVS Apache RTR 160 Reviews

• All (274)
  • Daily Commute (217)
  • Tours (59)
  • Leisure Rides (51)
  • Occasional Commute (42)
Bharat Vashishtha
Bharat Vashi.. 5.0 22 Apr 2019

I have an amazing experience with apache RTR 160. I have done more than 1lacs and 36 thousand kilometers and mine is a 2009 model RTR. still I don"t face any knocking and any power loss in my bike while my daily commute includes 20-30kms of daily ride including off roads and some minor stunts as well... I"m getting a good mileage of 45-46 kmpl overall and after sales and service department of TVS deserves a salute, the parts are pocket friendly and have a very good quality, no issues in availability of parts and overall a very bike for those who want a good entry level bike which is pocket friendly and easy to maintain. great work and great machine by TVS.I am so happy with TVS that my first bike was RTR 160 in 2009, then I bought a RTR160 dual disc variant in 2013, then I bought RTR180 in 2017, and now RTR200 in 2018...

Samba Siva
Samba Siva 3.8 4 Sep 2019

when I bought RTR back in 2014 it was the best choice i made (both fuel efficient and good performance). Even now in 2019 it still delivers good power during my long rides. But there is a drop in mileage. I believe that is due to engine tuning to deliver more power than mileage. Initially during its first 3 to 4 years it gave an average of 45 to 50 kmpl in cities .

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Angelus Surin
Angelus Surin 2.2 10 Apr 2019

Cons:1. It's too short for me. While buying it, could not have test drive because of communal violence. The following day I was regretting very much for it's shortness. 2. Vibration at 43 km/hr.3. Regular Chain problem 4. After each service, I find something wrong with it. Very poor servicing. 5. Headlight is not straight. They are not able to adjust it. 6. Unnecessary noise which is irritating. 7. Pick up not upto the mark. 8. Loose head, from the beginning. They are not able to fix it. 9. I get back ache since I'm tall for it. 10. And many more.... PROS:1. COMFORTABLE

RTR BOY
RTR BOY 5.0 12 Aug 2019

I have been riding the RTR 160 2019 model with single disc abs for more than 3 months now. So far I haven't faced any maintenance issue or some other issues like engine performance, pick up etc. According to me if one is looking for a bike with a racing throttle response, good mileage and a sporty look he should definitely go with the RTR 160. The RTR 160 is available in dual disc abs too and the RTR 160 4v which is far better than its competitors like Pulsar 150 or the avenger 160 etc.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Famkima Molsom
Famkima Molsom 1.8 25 Aug 2019

I have not satisfied with the performance of TVS Apache 160. I experienced that my bike vibrate if i run at 50km/hour and above..because of the light weight of the bike i could not run at 100km/hour..i also find problem in the chain...it loosen very fast..

Robin George
Robin George 4.2 1 Jul 2019

What I like:1. Stylish looks and good external features was always been a USPs for Apache RTR.2. It"s a power bike, so no compromise on its performance. It gives a satisfactory ride experience.What I don"t like where there are scope of improvements:1. It"s heavy due to it"s huge petrol tank, although its balance is manageable.2. Mileage could have been improved.3. It"s not comfortable for long rides. Your back and buttocks will start paining after sometime.

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute
VIVEK
VIVEK 4.2 19 Feb 2019

Good daily riding bike for young ages who love aggressive looks, aggressive riding position, very good launching bike in 160cc carburettor segment, very much suitable for race tracks also. Only con; is and even I felt was"in bumper to bumper traffic" you are 100% going to face the shoulder, back and wrists pains for some people even mild neck pains too other than that it"s a race horse 🏇.......!Mileage I got according to my riding habits it"s 49.37kmpl

Abhisek Das
Abhisek Das 3.0 3 Sep 2019

Good acceleration, power, handling while turning.....What it lacks is comfortable seating position, driving for long hours will make your back hurt. Also lacks a proper leg rest for a female pillion rider

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Manvir Singh
Manvir Singh 5.0 29 Sep 2018

Actually it's RTR160 Efi model. I m riding this bike for 8 yrs and completely happy with engine and handling.This was a awesome product from TVs but poor service centres. 98% service centres don't have knowledge of this product. The engine oil which they are using is not able to cross 2500km. I love my bike. Beware about the salesman in any brand.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Manohar Vasishta
Manohar Vasi.. 4.2 15 Jun 2019

This Bike is meant for performance and sporty.Bike balance while riding is really good and even at corning its stood best among 150cc segment bikes.RTR Yes it responses as named, no doubt in Pickup & Performance compared to the Pulsar, Gix or any other competent.Since we lean on the bar, few may feel the riding comfortable on back is hard.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides