TVS Apache RTR 160 User Reviews

2443 reviews & ratings

Preferred For : Daily Commute

T
T 5.0 8 Feb 2020

I am a fan boy of Apache bikes because of its looks and exhaust sound so i bought a Apache RTR 160 and i was stunned by its performance i use the bike for daily commute and some tours and my daily commute is in Bengaluru and the bike is comfortable with the traffic and i do tours i traveled 600 kms in a day without any issues and the bike was comfortable and yes there is some vibes around some places at high revs thats not a issue once you ride the bike you will get used to it and it gives a felling of raw power being delivered and Apache has the best looks and performance in its segment and the build quality is best The mileage i got is 45-52 After sales service is just prefect here in Bengaluru if here is any problem they take it seriously and fix it Every one who rides Apache will love it๐Ÿ’–RTR๐Ÿ’–

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
A R
A R 4.6 29 Mar 2020

Apache RTR 160 is a bike with good looks and styling but the major drawback is that it gives lots of vibrations even at lower Rpm. The side fairings, handlebars and the footrest vibrates a lot. The visor looks stylish but it doesnot prevent the windblast to a huge extend, this makes ride difficult in highways. The fuelgauge, doesn't provide appropriate info( Not sure, if this problem is for all bikes ). Later, i have ridden the new RTR 160 4V and am happy that the vibrations have been reduced to a certain extend, and the handlebars have been changed from clip on to ordinary handlebars, which reduced the vibrations in the handlebar and the side fairings are removed and the tank is sculpted well and big and thus the vibration on the tank is reduced. And finally the overall ride quality is good.

Sourabh Sinha
Sourabh Sinha 4.2 11 Dec 2019

Pros :Excellent bike to ride. Very powerful motor in its segment (generates a max power around 16 ps) , very stylish and the most detailed instrument cluster (fully digital). The way it pulls is just way better than its competitors. And moreover the exhaust is so dominating and pleasant on ears. Just loved the machine.Cons:Bigger wheel base so it is bit of hard to turn in smaller spaces since it is heavy as well. For long run, in my opinion the seating stance is bit tiring since it is race inherited. Mileage could have been better but that is a matter of subject which depends upon the traffic and riding style.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides
Kuriakose Mathen
Kuriakose Ma.. 5.0 5 Oct 2019

RTR 160 is my second bike. First one was Pulsar 150 by Bajaj. Actually i was looking for the first model of Apache RTR, the yellow beauty but landed in next model RTR 160. To be true i was totally into RTR because of the advertisement, in which the two glowing eyes in the dark. Remembering those days, trying to do the same during our night rides. During the initial time, i was getting a vibration between 58 and 64 speed, but after the 3rd service the issue was all gone. Till date my best companion for roads and my solo trips. Iam not speed fan so do not know much about RTR performance over 80.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides
Mahesh Chowdary
Mahesh Chowdary 4.6 3 Apr 2020

Every bike has flaws in it In case of Apache as per my experience Engine is the main asset i would say, only bike to match Duke like experience is Apache. I did 128 Kmh comfortably with out huddles, i never got any problems in bike performance and engine side i never opened engine on the long 10 years period Positives: *Performance of the Engine*Millage*Build Quality*Maintenance cost Negatives: *Unrefined Engine*Parts availability*Service providers are not professional

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Bharat Vashishtha
Bharat Vashi.. 5.0 22 Apr 2019

I have an amazing experience with apache RTR 160. I have done more than 1lacs and 36 thousand kilometers and mine is a 2009 model RTR. still I don"t face any knocking and any power loss in my bike while my daily commute includes 20-30kms of daily ride including off roads and some minor stunts as well... I"m getting a good mileage of 45-46 kmpl overall and after sales and service department of TVS deserves a salute, the parts are pocket friendly and have a very good quality, no issues in availability of parts and overall a very bike for those who want a good entry level bike which is pocket friendly and easy to maintain. great work and great machine by TVS.I am so happy with TVS that my first bike was RTR 160 in 2009, then I bought a RTR160 dual disc variant in 2013, then I bought RTR180 in 2017, and now RTR200 in 2018...

Bhuvanesh Nandagopal
Bhuvanesh Na.. 3.0 21 Jan 2020

Got this bike happily, but after recent problems in the bike it's not worth the hype. TVS should have improved a lot in this bike. Recent experience with this bike is it stopped suddenly in the middle of the road, I had to tow the bike and take it to the service center. There they said it would take two days for the coil to be replaced. Because of this I was not able to go to work. An unpleasant experience .

Samba Siva
Samba Siva 3.8 4 Sep 2019

when I bought RTR back in 2014 it was the best choice i made (both fuel efficient and good performance). Even now in 2019 it still delivers good power during my long rides. But there is a drop in mileage. I believe that is due to engine tuning to deliver more power than mileage. Initially during its first 3 to 4 years it gave an average of 45 to 50 kmpl in cities .

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Angelus Surin
Angelus Surin 2.2 10 Apr 2019

Cons:1. It's too short for me. While buying it, could not have test drive because of communal violence. The following day I was regretting very much for it's shortness. 2. Vibration at 43 km/hr.3. Regular Chain problem 4. After each service, I find something wrong with it. Very poor servicing. 5. Headlight is not straight. They are not able to adjust it. 6. Unnecessary noise which is irritating. 7. Pick up not upto the mark. 8. Loose head, from the beginning. They are not able to fix it. 9. I get back ache since I'm tall for it. 10. And many more.... PROS:1. COMFORTABLE

RTR BOY
RTR BOY 5.0 12 Aug 2019

I have been riding the RTR 160 2019 model with single disc abs for more than 3 months now. So far I haven't faced any maintenance issue or some other issues like engine performance, pick up etc. According to me if one is looking for a bike with a racing throttle response, good mileage and a sporty look he should definitely go with the RTR 160. The RTR 160 is available in dual disc abs too and the RTR 160 4v which is far better than its competitors like Pulsar 150 or the avenger 160 etc.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides