TVS Apache RTR 160 Reviews

• All (346)
  • Daily Commute (281)
  • Tours (68)
  • Leisure Rides (62)
  • Occasional Commute (47)
Kuriakose Mathen
Kuriakose Ma.. 5.0 5 Oct 2019

RTR 160 is my second bike. First one was Pulsar 150 by Bajaj. Actually i was looking for the first model of Apache RTR, the yellow beauty but landed in next model RTR 160. To be true i was totally into RTR because of the advertisement, in which the two glowing eyes in the dark. Remembering those days, trying to do the same during our night rides. During the initial time, i was getting a vibration between 58 and 64 speed, but after the 3rd service the issue was all gone. Till date my best companion for roads and my solo trips. Iam not speed fan so do not know much about RTR performance over 80.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Leisure Rides
Bharat Vashishtha
Bharat Vashi.. 5.0 22 Apr 2019

I have an amazing experience with apache RTR 160. I have done more than 1lacs and 36 thousand kilometers and mine is a 2009 model RTR. still I don"t face any knocking and any power loss in my bike while my daily commute includes 20-30kms of daily ride including off roads and some minor stunts as well... I"m getting a good mileage of 45-46 kmpl overall and after sales and service department of TVS deserves a salute, the parts are pocket friendly and have a very good quality, no issues in availability of parts and overall a very bike for those who want a good entry level bike which is pocket friendly and easy to maintain. great work and great machine by TVS.I am so happy with TVS that my first bike was RTR 160 in 2009, then I bought a RTR160 dual disc variant in 2013, then I bought RTR180 in 2017, and now RTR200 in 2018...

Samba Siva
Samba Siva 3.8 4 Sep 2019

when I bought RTR back in 2014 it was the best choice i made (both fuel efficient and good performance). Even now in 2019 it still delivers good power during my long rides. But there is a drop in mileage. I believe that is due to engine tuning to deliver more power than mileage. Initially during its first 3 to 4 years it gave an average of 45 to 50 kmpl in cities .

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Angelus Surin
Angelus Surin 2.2 10 Apr 2019

Cons:1. It's too short for me. While buying it, could not have test drive because of communal violence. The following day I was regretting very much for it's shortness. 2. Vibration at 43 km/hr.3. Regular Chain problem 4. After each service, I find something wrong with it. Very poor servicing. 5. Headlight is not straight. They are not able to adjust it. 6. Unnecessary noise which is irritating. 7. Pick up not upto the mark. 8. Loose head, from the beginning. They are not able to fix it. 9. I get back ache since I'm tall for it. 10. And many more.... PROS:1. COMFORTABLE

RTR BOY
RTR BOY 5.0 12 Aug 2019

I have been riding the RTR 160 2019 model with single disc abs for more than 3 months now. So far I haven't faced any maintenance issue or some other issues like engine performance, pick up etc. According to me if one is looking for a bike with a racing throttle response, good mileage and a sporty look he should definitely go with the RTR 160. The RTR 160 is available in dual disc abs too and the RTR 160 4v which is far better than its competitors like Pulsar 150 or the avenger 160 etc.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Famkima Molsom
Famkima Molsom 1.8 25 Aug 2019

I have not satisfied with the performance of TVS Apache 160. I experienced that my bike vibrate if i run at 50km/hour and above..because of the light weight of the bike i could not run at 100km/hour..i also find problem in the chain...it loosen very fast..

Robin George
Robin George 4.2 1 Jul 2019

What I like:1. Stylish looks and good external features was always been a USPs for Apache RTR.2. It"s a power bike, so no compromise on its performance. It gives a satisfactory ride experience.What I don"t like where there are scope of improvements:1. It"s heavy due to it"s huge petrol tank, although its balance is manageable.2. Mileage could have been improved.3. It"s not comfortable for long rides. Your back and buttocks will start paining after sometime.

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute
VIVEK
VIVEK 4.2 19 Feb 2019

Good daily riding bike for young ages who love aggressive looks, aggressive riding position, very good launching bike in 160cc carburettor segment, very much suitable for race tracks also. Only con; is and even I felt was"in bumper to bumper traffic" you are 100% going to face the shoulder, back and wrists pains for some people even mild neck pains too other than that it"s a race horse 🏇.......!Mileage I got according to my riding habits it"s 49.37kmpl

Rajasekar J
Rajasekar J 5.0 20 Sep 2019

It is a perfect commuter bike with a sporty look and feel. Fits perfectly within the budget but doesn"t compromise on performance. I have had a wonderful experience riding this bike for both leisure and a long ride experience.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides
Gobi Baby
Gobi Baby 3.8 22 Sep 2019

தினந்தோறும் இதை இயக்கினாளும் புதியதாக இயக்குவது போன்ற ஓர் உணர்வு ஏற்படுகிறது...

TVS Apache RTR 160 Overview