Tata Zest Cars (10 Variants )
Space, ride and features
Lack of stowage, soft seats
The Zest is a big step up for Tata Motors be it design, interior look and feel or quality. The new 1.2-litre turbo petrol works well and with an AMT transmission for the diesel variant, Zest now becomes the cheapest diesel automatic one can buy. It is definitely worth a look in.
Tata Zest is the first all-new product based on Tata Motors' 'DesigNext, DriveNext, ConnectNext' philosophy. It was launched in Indian market on August 2014. It is a compact sedan which has been designed with inputs from the three design studios of Tata Motors - Pune, Conventry (UK) and Turin (Italy).
Tata Zest price ranges from Rs.4.65 to 7.00 Lakhs (Ex-showroom Price)
- New 5-inch infotainment system - Harman/Kardon has designed the infotainment and audio acoustics system.
- Drive by wire technology for better engine response
- Improved suspension coupled with a zero pivot sub frame
- Equipped with1.2T Revotron petrol engine
Tata Zest Specifications – Exterior and Interior
With Zest, one can experience unmatched luxury with premium and futuristic styling. Following are some of the features that make it an amazing car:-
- Bold and sculpted design
- Stylish dual tone interiors
- Body hugging rugby shoulder seats and best-in-class interior space
- Exclusively designed 5" Touchscreen infotainment
- Projector headlamps with led light guide rings
- Led daytime running lights (drls)
- Signature grille
- Signature led tail lamps with wrap around looks
- Sporty 15-inch alloy wheels
- Revotron 1.2T MPFi turbocharged petrol engine with first-in-segment multi-drive mode – Sport, Eco, City
Moreover, it has state-of-the-art HARMANTM touchscreen multimedia system that offers superior connectivity features and unmatched entertainment quality.
Tata Zest Performance and Mileage
It is engineered to give a powerful drive. 1.2 litre turbocharged MPFi petrol engine, the powerful Revotron 1.2T delivers the best-in-class* power and torque of 90PS and 140 Nm between 1750-3500 RPM respectively. The built in multi-drive mode feature lets you switch between three different driving modes: Sport, Eco and City, giving you the power of 3 engines in 1. One can choose between an intelligent burst of power, maximum fuel efficiency and a perfect balance of both, by choice.
With the powerful and multi-award winning Quadrajet engine, its diesel engine delivers an exceptional performance and raw power of 90 PS. The Variable Geometry Turbocharger and the low-end torque of 200 Nm @1750-3000RPM ensures out of the box performance. It has F-tronic AMT in diesel power train; this in turn enhances its performance.
It has 9 variants including 4 petrol and 5 deisel. Its petrol variant aims a mileage of 17.6 kmpl while diesel aims at 23 kmpl.
Safety and handling
It has a proficient braking and robust suspension mechanism. Its front wheels are fitted with a set of disc brakes and the rear wheels have drum brakes, Apart from the base variant, all other variants of Zest are equipped with ABS in combination with an Electronic Brake-force Distribution, first-in-segment corner stability control function and electronic power assisted steering system with “Active Return” and speed related function.
• India's first diesel-automatic in the C1 segment.
• Build quality, fit and finish are on par.
• Spacious well-designed interiors & comfortable seats
• Impressive driveability
• Balanced suspension offers great ride quality
• Light controls, pleasing ergonomics and good refinement
• Features: 3-driving modes (petrol), LED DRLs, projector headlamps, 5" touchscreen, parking sensors and voice commands
• AMT is only available in mid-level diesel
• Turbo-petrol lacks mid-range punch and fails to excite at higher rpms
• In-cabin storage isn’t too good
• Some features are missing like rear seat armrest, dead pedal, seatbelt height adjustment Tata Zest has got great features and is a great car to keep!
Comparison between variants
Petrol Variants: Tata Zest XE Petrol vs Tata Zest XM Petrol vs Tata Zest XMS Petrol
Diesel Variants: Tata Zest XM Diesel vs Tata Zest XT Diesel vs Tata Zest XMA Diesel
Comparison with in same segment: