Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Cars (7 Variants )
Refreshed styling, Maruti 800 legacy, Compact proportions, Cost effective, Overall practicality
Limited space, Moderate power & Performance
Maruti's bestselling hatch of all times just got a new lease of life
Maruti launched the latest and much improved version of Maruti Alto 800, India’s most selling hatchback in 2012and the newest version is equipped with lots of new features. The New Alto 800 comes in 9 variants, 3 of them are CNG and rest of them are petrol variants.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 price ranges from 2.57 Lakhs - 3.51 Lakhs (Ex showroom price)
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Specifications (Exterior and Interior)
Alto 800 looks unique and has wonderful interiors. It has a unique wave front design and sloping window lines with a swaying roof. Other than this, it has a jewel-finish rear combination lamps and pleasant design on the back door.
Despite being a small car, it has petal shaped headlamps with top mounted indicators along with stylish grille and bumper. These features together make Alto 800 look superb in this segment.
The cabin in the new Maruti Alto 800 has a sophisticated look and feel. It has superior interior quality with more space and comfortable seats. Also, there is an option of brown and grey interiors.
Maruti Alto 800 performance
Amongst all small cars, Alto 800 gives the best performance. Its multiple methodologies focused on fuel-efficiency have resulted
in the enhancement of the overall performance.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Mileage
Petrol variant of Alto 800 claims to give a milage of 22.7 kmpl while CNG variant claims to give 30. 4 kmpl.
Following are some of its features which enhance the performace of Alto 800.
- Cable Type Gear Shift Mechanism for smooth gear shifting
- Detent Pin Technology (DPT) for precise shifting
- Diagonal Shift Assist (DSA) adds to the comfort by assisting in effortless shifting from 5th to 4th gear
- Flat torque curve prevents frequent gear shifts
- In terms of safety, the Alto 800 comes with optional driver side air-bag and uses high strength steel that provides better protection
• Excellent driveability with smooth gear shift
• Great ride quality and soft suspension
• Effective air-conditioner for its size
• Driver-side airbag & factory fitted CNG kit available
• Outstanding after-sales service
• Seatback is very short
• CNG kit for base variant costs a hefty Rs. 75,000
All in all, Alto 800 is a great value for money and has the necessary reasons to be the best selling hatchback in India.
Comparison between variants
Petrol Variants: Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi vs LX vs Vxi
Comparison with in same segment: