Ford EcoSport Cars (10 Variants )
Design, Efficiency, Refinement, Price
Average rear seat space, Lack of grab rails on the ceiling
The next level of efficient Crossover motoring
From mesmerizing looks to comfort, Ford Ecosport has it all. It was launched in June 2013 and has got 10 variants, including 6 petrol and 4 diesel. It is the most efficient and practical compact SUV in the Indian market.
Ford ecosport price ranges from Rs. 6.46 to 9.71 (Ex-showroom Price)
· 200mm ground clearance
· Hill Launch Assist – This feature allows the brake for a few seconds after you take your foot off, giving you time to smoothly accelerate away, without rolling.
· EPAS(with Pull-Drift Compensation) – Electric power-assist steering adjusts to feel lighter in slow traffic and ‘heavier’ at higher speeds for greater control. It also adapts to changing road and weather conditions, like cross winds, to keep you on track
· 6 speed power shift
Ecosport specifications – Exterior and Interior
It has got a wide radiator grille with thick chrome stripe borders that make it look big upfront, the front grille has the company logo embossed. The aggressive façade of the Ford EcoSport has massive front bumper with a huge 3-layered air dam.
The interiors of this car are similar to that of the Fiesta, with a cockpit like design. With a smart design it has got lot of space. Its interiors are similar to that of Ford Fiesta.
The interior finish includes audio bezel, air vent rings, steering wheel spoke shell, door trim applique and gear shifter comes painted in sunset silver. The driver’s seat height is adjustable lumbar support feature,
For the soothing view there is cool ‘Ice Blue’ back light illumination in analogue dials and other meters at dash. Some more utilities include front seats map pockets, sunglass holder, passenger vanity mirror with light and under passenger seat storage . The rear seats have option of 60/40 split and 100% fold down with 346L boot space less, than it can be increased up to big 705L.
The steering column is adjustable and telescopic for better drivability. The outside rear view mirrors (ORVMs) are electrically adjustable with turn indicators. It is also equipped with features like SYNC, keyless entry & go, cooled glovebox, leather seats and parking display.
Ford Ecosport Performance and Mileage
It has got excellent acceleration and pick up. The different choice of engines coupled with fine transmissions in the form of 5-speed and 6-speed manual/automatic gearboxes delivers high speed and great acceleration.
The 1.0L 3-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost petrol engine with dual VVT is capable of reaching a top speed of 190 kmph. The 1.5 L Ti-VCT petrol engines enhances the speed. Furthermore the 1.5L DV5 diesel engine has the potential to deliver a top speed of 175 kmph.
Its petrol variants claim a mileage of 18.9 kmpl while diesel claims 22.7 kmpl.
In terms of safety, it is an amazing car. It is equipped with 6 air bags all-round, ABS and EBD, high-strength boron steel doors, traction control and ESP and rear parking sensors.
Pros and cons
• Modern, futuristic styling makes it a head-turner
• 3 engine options, including the impressive 1.0L EcoBoost and economical 1.5L Diesel
• Smartly packaged interior with adequate space
• Great ergonomics, driving position, manoeuvrability and size for a city traveller
• Safety kit includes 6 Airbags, ABS + EBD, Emergency assistance phone call, Emergency brake warning etc. AT variant gets ESP and Hill-Hold
• Ride quality isn't as plush as compared to Renault Duster
• 362 liter boot space which is similar to that of competitors
• Narrow cabin width makes it uncomfortable for 5 passengers
• Tree trunk thick A-Pillars result in severe blind spots
• EcoBoost only on top variant. No high-powered diesel like the Duster 110PS
Ford Ecosport is a great vehicle with amazing features.
Comparison between variants
Comparison with in same segment: