Tata Harrier User Reviews

4.7/5

Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute

Nishanth Ch
Nishanth Ch 5.0 10 Apr 2019

I have been waiting for this car since AutoExpo 2018. And I have become the 75th customer in entire country (and obviously in entire world) to buy this vehicle.But I have made inquiries into other cars in this segment. That is the competitors of Harrier. They are Jeep Compass and XUV 500. I have removed Hyundai Tucson from this list as it is heavily priced for the performance and features it provides. First I have eliminated XUV500. The car is extremely spacious and extremely light to handle easily. But I did not like 1. The looks of XUV500 W11, both exterior and interior compared to Harrier or Compass.2. Sound system is pretty ordinary too, compared to Compass and Harrier.3. The horse power is bit higher for XUV500 compared to Harrier (comes into play after a speed of 120kmph - which I have no intentions of crossing on Indian road conditions). 4. And it has got sunroof (which is awkwardly placed between the front and rear seats inaccessible to either row). 5. And it has got disc brakes for all wheels (which is not a necessity to me, until the braking does the sudden halts for me efficiently).Then I have had tough time to eliminate Jeep Compass. Because the built and looks of Compass are exceptionally great. The quality reminded me of Benz, BMW premium cars in terms of drive quality, NVH levels in cabin, suspension, heavy and safe feeling inside the car. Overall there are lots of premium touches for Compass.The reasons for eliminating Compass are:1. The base variant Compass Sport on road price is 20.5 lakhs - the same price as top variant of Harrier XZ. 2. The safety features provided in Harrier like ESP, Corner stability, Roll over mitigation control, 6 air bags are provide in compass starting from Compass Limited 4x4 edition which is priced at 27 lakhs on road.3. Even if I go with Compass Sport, basic requirements like good leather seats, reverse parking camera, reverse parking sensors, fog lamps, projector headlamps etc should be bought as additional accessories - despite shelling 20.5 lakhs.4. Space of Compass is enough for 5 people, but the rear seats are uncomfortably vertical, causing pains and cramps in abdomen for a bit fat people on long drives.So I bought Harrier XZ and got it delivered on Feb 10th 2019 and roamed more than 5000 kms till date. The following are pros and cons I have observed.Pros:1. The turning radius is very good. 2. The hydraulic steering gives wonderful control on the car. Even at low speeds, the steering is not heavy.3. Very comfortable seats even for a huge person. For long drives these are very apt.4. Excellent infotainment system. Sound system is extraordinary. The touch panel is very responsive and feather touch. Android Autoplay works brilliantly. The dashboard just behind steering is very helpful to check distance to empty, mileage the car is returning.5. Air conditioning for both front and rear is brilliant.6. Braking is excellent and adequate even in high speeds (though rear brakes are drum cylinder brakes). Had an unfortunate chance of testing Corner stability Program. A sudden turn by a biker on highway made me steer hard right. CSP immediatley kicked in and safely did the turn in opposite direction and turned me on to highway after crossing the obstacle.7. ESP programs all are efficient and highly useful. Because of the drive modes, I have an experience of driving 3 different cars as economy mode converts the car engine power to 110 PS, city mode to 125 PS and Sport mode to 140 PS.8. Enormous boot space - I have literally packed my family"s (consists of 5 adults) entire clothes packed into the boot. Nothing more to say.Cons:1. Front view of the car is bit dull and not so eye catching. The tata logo doesn"t help much either to cotradict. The car catches eye only when the side or back of the car comes into view.2. The right side ORVM clubbed with the A pillar creates a huge blindspot. Twice I almost had an accident, and once I gave a slight nudge to a scooterist.3. The Xenon HID projector headlamps are very bright, but when faced with beam lights of opposite vehicles, some blindspots are created. Need extra LED lights to be installed if you are regular in driving on highways, which don"t cover opposite vehicle beam lights.Overall Performance:The handling of the car in any road conditions is excellent in this price range. Whether it be braking, suspension or steering control, everything is exceptional about this car. Talk about comfort, and there is no better seating than Harrier (except of middle person in rear seat). The pickup of the car is magnificent in sport mode. Not so exciting in other driving modes. And coming to mileage, I have travelled from Vijayawada to Tirupati a distance of 450 kms and it cost me 30 litres of diesel at speeds of 120 kmph on highways. This care is built for long drives and it shows.After sale services:Surprised to say this, but the after sale service of Tata is very good. Very good is a huge leap from very bad in terms of servie of Tata in passenger vehicle segment. The approach to customer and his concerns has changed a lot. They have been provocative all the time in resolving small issues I had initially. And door delivery service, suggestions of what kind of service is apt for the car condition has been excellent so far. Overall, I am happy with customer service till date.

Uses this car for : Tours | Family Car
Ninad Khanapurkar
Ninad Khanap.. 5.0 17 Aug 2019

Post two software updates done on my Harrier a month ago. I should say Tata Motors have resolved the issues I (and I suppose other Harrier owners also) was facing. This has instilled the confidence in me about this product and the service. The last update was done at Bafna Motors, Phugewadi. Really good experience, good people and good service. Keeping the first update for reference. --------------------------------------------------Issue with the non responsive accelerator..? I"ve recently found couple of niggles with my Harrier, bought in mid May, running around 3.5k km with one servicing done.Momentorarily changes in the drive modes.. It changes automatically, if the vehicle is in city mode without I changing it for couple of seconds it gets into sport mode. One more issue more frequently happening since a week or so, lack of power while accelerator pressed. Could be for 1 to 4 seconds inspite of pressing the accelerator the engine doesn"t get the power. Just sometime ago while driving in Thane I experienced it, as I lost power I surpressed the clutch and tried to press the accelerator to the floor but still I didn"t get any response, no acceleration! Really disappointed with such issues in such an expensive vehicle and that too within couple of months of buying it. Spoke with the service centre in Thane, they have assured me that it must be a minor issue with the software. And they have given me a slot for Monday to upgrade the software. Mind you during the first servicing they had done quite a few tweaks and also a software upgrade. Anyway, I"ll have my fingers crossed and hope it gets resolved. Anyone out there facing this issue? Thanks!

Uses this car for : Daily Commute
Nitin Sawant
Nitin Sawant 5.0 17 Jan 2020

I was using Tata Safari for 12years and was thinking of MG Hectar but after taking test driver of Tata Harrier i was back again in Tata Motors Family bcoz the changes made by the Tata Motors r wonderful. Chasis is built on Land Rovers Platform, mileage with 16 KMPL, JBL sound Sytem Solid, Best in Speed Mode and Cruze Control is fantastic. And last interior is superb and i am not tired for driving i will give 5 out 5 Star for this Car

Vinayak N
Vinayak N 5.0 12 Feb 2020

Overall experience has been great so far. Any issues with the car have been taken up on priority basis by the company and resolved immediately. My mother really likes the comfort and is happy with the car. Great grip on road, comfortable seats, audio system and overall feel.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car
Tata Shishir
Tata Shishir 5.0 23 Feb 2020

one of best cars I have used under 25 lakhs . comes with aggressive looks and with a very good road presence. car doesn't vibrates even at a speed of 175 kmph. Terrain select is also responsive. Feels like proper SUV. I am proud to be owner of Harrier

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Tours | Family Car
Aditya Rai
Aditya Rai 4.7 7 Nov 2019

product still in testing stage will write a review after a month or so will be to early to give a verdictBut definitely the engine has punch the ride is smooth the six speed manual is awesome is packed with features and most importantly is SAFE.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car | Tours
Ali Subzposh
Ali Subzposh 4.7 17 Nov 2019

Harrier is a good car in its segment, handling is good but power steering is a bit stiff should be more smooth I think it's not electronic power steering ,ride quality is also very good

Uses this car for : Tours
Manish Bhaskar
Manish Bhaskar 5.0 16 Dec 2019

maximum comfort and premium looks forced me to buy this car. Riding this car is more than fun for me. the breaking and control is incomparable in this segment compared to others.

Dr Prabhat
Dr Prabhat 5.0 15 Oct 2019

Hairier is very good design car of Tata giving 17 mileages on highway and 10 to 12 in city very good music system and AC Good car for long drives not for city

Binod Kumar
Binod Kumar 3.3 5 Jan 2020

It's good upto 7450kms. But after that the clutch got strucked and its stopped in between the road. No proper response from the dealer or from harrier team.

Uses this car for : Occasional Commute