Royal Enfield Himalayan BS4 User Reviews

3.7/5

Preferred For : Tours & Daily Commute

Subhamoy Chakraborty
Subhamoy Cha.. 5.0 13 Jan 2020

Have not been regular with riding last two years as I have been out of home due work. But the rides I have done has been issueless. Apart from weekend rides, I have made a trip to Leh, transporting my bike from Calcutta to Chandigarh by road, and same way back, riding the rest. It's a bike which I found very stable on the worst of roads. No issues anywhere, as compared to the many problems with my partners. But what I understand, and what I believe is, biking or even driving, needs a finesse which most of the experienced riders/drivers lack. If you live your bike or car, which all men do, then show the love not by cleaning and polishing it everyday, but by riding or driving technically in the correct manner. Keep the machine healthy from inside, and your vehicle will never let you down. We started from Leh, back to Manali, no petrol pump for the next 300 KMS. By evening, all were sweating, their fuel indicators not even moving and stuck at the E symbol, and yet to reach the next petrol pump another about 30 KMS, the first one since we started. It was only me who was laughing on all, as my tank still indicated half tank. All opened the tank to check levels, had their theories of wrong indication. But at the pump, my bike actually took petrol just more than half to to up. All during the ride I had tried to tell everyone about riding correctly, technically, understand the engine limitations, follow the recommended procedures and not apply self created theories, to which no one listened, but the last return paid off my tips, at least to me, and set the example for my friends. I love my bike, the Himalayan, though people have their grudges about it. I do agree though, the quality of the materials used to make the bike could have been better, but again to keep such a competitive price for such a machine must have been a challenge for the company.

Ashish Joshi
Ashish Joshi 3.8 14 Jan 2020

good bike for touring.average is decent.however RE needs to work on many things for improving the1overall riding experience,noted some of them as below,seating posture,vehicle is heating too much in traffic standing positions,more information to be provided on display,especially when bike is designed1for touring GPS, Bluetooth, call taking facility, sms reader etc can be added,mobile charging facility to1be added,one more gear also can be added, rear mirrors are too small,seats of the bike are very1bad.I have changed the same,also no custom designed accessories are not readily available in your1showroom,your workshop mechanics are not able to handle the technicality of the bike,very bad service at1RE workshop,look into the same,but let me tell you with all the upgrades done by me the bike is1fantastic,good torque, smooth engine, no vibration, road stability, heavy running capacity...

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours
Gokul Rajan
Gokul Rajan 1.4 27 Aug 2019

My RE Himalayan"s mileage is 12kmpl and max speed is around 100km/h .Don't buy as there is no power or mileage max speed is 95-100km/h, above 95km/h the vehicle gets too much vibration which we cant handle. Problems of bike is the following 1.Low Mileage 12kmpl, 2.Top Speed90-100km/h, 3.Air vent in the petrol tank had problem,so during rain every time water gets into the tank. From the first service i have been reporting this to the RE showroom staff & each time they would say by next service it will be OK . No mileage or NO Top speed also no proper service . I gave complaints and the reply was "just take to showroom you have purchased". So as they i took to the RE Showroom service and i told the problems but they did nothing. Also they won't write down every problems we say to list down in the service chart, they just write 3 or 4 things only Why should you buy a bike giving 100km/h max speed with 12kmpl mileage costing near 2 lakhs .

Uses this bike for : Occasional Commute
Varun Puravankara
Varun Purava.. 5.0 15 Nov 2019

Best adventure touring bike below 2 L in India. Mine is 2018 non ABS version of snow white and I've covered over 15 k km with my Himalayan. Off road ride is like whole another level of awesomeness with this bike. During the free service period each service costs around only 1000 rs. Ease of handling in city is too good. I get mileage of 36-40 in highways and 30-35 in city + highways and around 28 in city use. I'm 6 feet tall and its sitting posture is very good. Standing and riding is too easy if you want to stretch your legs. Note : If you are not getting above 30 mileage then check these things regularly- 1. Tyre pressure.2. Use clutch only when needed.3. Do not accelerate like a racing bike. It's not. Its's a RE bike.4. Best speed range for Himalayan is 60-80 km/hr.

Uses this bike for : Daily Commute | Tours | Leisure Rides | Occasional Commute
Kikkawa Vint
Kikkawa Vint 3.0 26 Aug 2019

I Bought the BS4 Himalayan ABS three months ago. I usually do 25km ride daily. The bike started showing problems just after one month of purchase. The head assembly was changed due to Engine noise problem. Fuel Blockage issues started after that and still not solved even after taking the bike to the service center for more than six times. The Fuel meter is not 100% reliable. The clutch, gear Box assembly, Engine needs a lot of refinement. The Himalayan is a motorcycle with large potential in its segment, but reliability is poor. Note: If someone wants to buy the upcoming BS6 model, I suggest them to wait for an year after the launch of the bike, just to ensure if the bike shows any problems.

Mihir Ketkar
Mihir Ketkar 3.4 24 Feb 2020

Be patient for the first 2000 kms since that is the breakin period. I would recommend you change the engine oil to Motul 5100 semi synthetic around 2000 kms, this will reduce vibrations drastically and increase your mileage. I get an average of around 35 on the highway and 25 in the city post the oil change. If you are thinking of buying for performance than please don't buy this bike since it will get you to 80 quickly and fizzle out by 100. My height is 185 cms and this bike is not comfortable for my height but it is better than any other bike in this segment. Rest everything is great.

Abhishek Mishra
Abhishek Mishra 4.6 29 Feb 2020

I have taken the Himalayan twice to Leh Ladakh, believe me it's the most comfortable bike, good pick up. Best part you can easily come out in sludge, water, no roads, bumps. The only things is that it's seat is quite high but I am 6 feet tall. I have seen other RE bikes struggling in getting out from heavy damaged road highly muddy sluged road. Himalayan was quite comfortable. And it's also depend upon the rider. The most important or demerit that one has to keep in his mind is that the brakes gets fails once disk pads gets extreme hot.

Pandith Sleet
Pandith Sleet 4.2 11 Apr 2020

Good bike!!!! Best performance in class!!!! But tik tik sounds started with in 15days!!! The sound spoils the mood of riding!!! That's the only drawback😓 After 11 months of riding bike as clocked around 6690kms only on highway!! Mileage is around 30-32kmpl(highway) and 22-25kmpl(city) I use power/premium only!!! I service my bike once 2000k kms(4months) Bill's has never crossed 2k(800-2000rs)! Even the service people could not fix the tik tik sound!! Bike performance is 💯💯💯💯 the only drawback is the sound

Anish Walia
Anish Walia 5.0 8 Mar 2020

Just bought it in november 2019 BS4 , Dual channel ABS. Loved it so far. Comfortable and amazing bike. Looks dashing on road, people literally stare at you. I have done quite a few modifications on it like guards, panniers, handle bars and it looks awesome. Have done quite offroading since I bought it, and it just goes anywhere you want. Riding in a metro city is a problem due to heating issues but I usually take it out on weekends for rides so not an issue for me. Go for it.

Nishant Rampal
Nishant Rampal 4.2 4 Nov 2019

It is an adventure tourer multipurpose bike that handles decently on the highways and amazingly good at off road/ bad terrain. I have never faced issues with riding at 135 kmph very stable if see its category of 411cc displacement. Very comfortable at high speed and even in the cites. The best place where it shines is when riding it on offbeat places. You do feel it should have more power on highways but to be honest it does not k**l your hope you can live with it.

5 Offers Available

Royal Enfield Himalayan BS4 Expert Reviews

Hero XPulse 200 vs Royal Enfield Himalayan: Comparison Review

Can the XPulse be a worthy alternative to the Himalayan as an off-roader? Or should you still spend that much extra on the latter?

Jul 12, 2019