Maruti Wagon R [2001-2018] User Reviews

3.3/5

Preferred For : Family & Daily Commute

APURVA RAI
APURVA RAI 3.0 18 Jan 2019

Before deciding to buy WagonR I owned a Maruti 800. The "people"s car" brought many cheers in the family just like it has been doing for decades. After initial happiness we felt this is not sufficient for us and the reasons were many.We zeroed in for WagonR for various reasons. First and foremost was height. Tall boy concept made stepping in and stepping out much more easier than the M-800. Secondly, height provided better outside view particularly the driver.Second reason was large cabin. Once inside the vehicle you felt as if you are traveling with your family in a small compact room.Third factor was boot space. M-800 was good for city drive and your everyday shopping needs but not when you were travelling to another city with the entire family and the luggage. This is where WagonR suited most. Better boot space means you can attend a wedding in another city with your family.Even though I never admired the looks of WagonR I decided in its favour because of some useful reasons it offered.Even today I do not regret buying WagonR as it has given me great company and added an important symbol of status to my life.WagonR with 1.1 litre engine is better on highways than city. While driving in the crowded city like Delhi/NCR with air-conditioning on it is nightmarish to look at the petrol guage. However the vehicle is thrifty on highways. Even servicing is not reasonable. Labour cost, spares etc make sure you end up paying a good amount.As my needs have gone up I do not find its boot large enough to meet my expectations. One large suitcase and then it"s full leaving you worrying for more adjustments. I also felt that WagonR should have been fitted with larger and wider wheels for added safety.On an average this is a good first vehicle or a second family vehicle.

Ajay Chauhan
Ajay Chauhan 4.0 18 Oct 2020

Wagon R was my good companion. I travelled in my Wagon from Delhi to Manali then Rohtang pass in single stratch. I also travelled in Kashmir with my Family.Day 1 Stayed at Patni Top, Day 2 stayed at pahalgaon and visited Chandanwadi.Day 3 stayed in Gulmarg travelled via Srinagar and came back to Delhi without any trouble. I visited with my Family Nainital no of times.I am very happy with performance of my wagon R.

Vikas Gujar
Vikas Gujar 1.7 31 Mar 2020

Recently all of a sudden while driving the connecting rod of one of the piston broke and it damaged the engine block and oil sump. Maruti did not support and inspite of regularly servicing in Fortpoint this happened and I had to bear the engine replacement expenses from my pocket.

Uses this car for : Occasional Commute
Hradesh 1
Hradesh 1 4.0 16 Nov 2020

it is very nice fuel economy best in low budget car, very convenient and well preformed car for log drive and daily travel, i have travelled so many long drive location like in hill and all, travel with this car 700 to 800 km continues so from my side it is bestest car for me.

Ankit Agarwal
Ankit Agarwal 2.3 11 Dec 2019

Quality of material inside and outside is sub standard though the main advantage with maruti cars is it can be serviced anywhere on road by anyone. Dashboard, Looks, Feel everything is very ordinary with the car erodes its own quality in 2 years or so.

Sethu Hari
Sethu Hari 4.0 27 Dec 2019

I bought this car in March 2016 and it has already clocked 81k km. It has been a wonderful journey with this car so far and I am looking forward to upgrade to a more futuristic/featuristic car soon.

Uses this car for : Daily Commute | Family Car | Tours
Abhishek Kole
Abhishek Kole 4.3 11 Dec 2019

A good car.. Rev happy engine, peppy performance, good top speed, extreamly smooth and torque engine., problem of body roll is very prominent

Rajat Bijur
Rajat Bijur 3.3 10 Sep 2020

very average car. Advantage is the low maintenance cost and ease of driving. Disadvantages- Feels underpowered at lower rpms and on slopes.

Abhishek Kumar
Abhishek Kumar 3.7 3 Jan 2020

Good economy compact car with nice packaging of all basic features. Spacious given it's small footprint. I give a 4 🌟 rating.

Vivek Ravi
Vivek Ravi 1.7 30 Oct 2020

for a middle class family wagon r is cost worthy.but the performance ,safety and comfort is utter rubbish for this vehicle

5 Offers Available